LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Public Wetting Beyond Your Comfort Zone

Horndog

Sounds like wearing them all the time would be of benefit to you if you have to go that often, the fact you like them would be a bonus!

It would probably be more convienient, but I don't want to have to explain that to anyone if I'm not actually incon.! I'm definitely not one of those people who doesn't care what others think :)

It's an interesting subject. Kind of an oxymoron of sorts. Public Wetting / Beyond Your Comfort Zone. I guess I would think that if you are not comfortable wetting in public, you wouldn't go out in diapers and do it unless you were incontinent and had no choice. If you do decide to wear diapers and wet them in public, I would think you would be comfortable with that idea in the first place and plan well for it. If you knew ahead of time that you were going to be gone for a while, take a change of diapers with you and change in a restroom somewhere when you know you need to. Wear the proper amount of protection, a super absorbent diaper and maybe a soaker if needed. I guess leakage from an over full diaper can always happen but to have the proper comfort level I would expect that someone who wears diapers often enough would have some idea just how many wettings they can hold before reaching their capacity. It's the experience with your diapers ahead of time that will let you know just how much they can hold before leaking. Then you should take care not to wet them to that point and either use a toilet or change to a fresh diaper before you get to that point. Accidents do happen though.

It would probably be more convienient, but I don't want to have to explain that to anyone if I'm not actually incon.! I'm definitely not one of those people who doesn't care what others think :)

I'd have thought having to go that often would make you "incontinent" in a sense even if you don't have regular accidents. Any situation where the toilet rules your life, you're better off wearing it!

• Like 1

I've got peripheral neuropathy in my legs. Diapered or not, sometimes the PN makes me feel like there's liquid running down my leg. Started long before I ever considered diapers. I've gotten used to ignoring it, except now if I've got a diaper on.

It's an interesting subject. Kind of an oxymoron of sorts. Public Wetting / Beyond Your Comfort Zone. I guess I would think that if you are not comfortable wetting in public, you wouldn't go out in diapers and do it unless you were incontinent and had no choice. If you do decide to wear diapers and wet them in public, I would think you would be comfortable with that idea in the first place and plan well for it. If you knew ahead of time that you were going to be gone for a while, take a change of diapers with you and change in a restroom somewhere when you know you need to. Wear the proper amount of protection, a super absorbent diaper and maybe a soaker if needed. I guess leakage from an over full diaper can always happen but to have the proper comfort level I would expect that someone who wears diapers often enough would have some idea just how many wettings they can hold before reaching their capacity. It's the experience with your diapers ahead of time that will let you know just how much they can hold before leaking. Then you should take care not to wet them to that point and either use a toilet or change to a fresh diaper before you get to that point. Accidents do happen though.

That's not true. Obviously there's a first time and not everybody is comfortable their first time out.

Despite whatever experience I may have, I still have a hard time knowing the limit.

Also, for some of us, there's a rush that comes from the though that maybe - somehow - we might be discovered. A naughtiness. So even if we're not comfortable with the risk, we still do it sometimes. If we were fully comfortable... it'd almost lose its fun.

That's not true. Obviously there's a first time and not everybody is comfortable their first time out.

Despite whatever experience I may have, I still have a hard time knowing the limit.

Then it's best to not even approach it unless you're willing to chance leaks. Even with my usuals I don't trust a new batch to be like the old till I try them. And if staying dry is important then I change early, usually when a good opportunity to do that shows up.

Also, for some of us, there's a rush that comes from the though that maybe - somehow - we might be discovered. A naughtiness. So even if we're not comfortable with the risk, we still do it sometimes. If we were fully comfortable... it'd almost lose its fun.

Yeah, BTDT. When I first went 24/7 it was strong in emotions- now it's just normal. I put my underwear on in the morning just like everyone else. Mine's just different than most, that's all :)

Bettypooh

but i'm kind of fortunate should i ever decide to in that i have a small bladder (or more likely overactive bladder disease, but i'm embarassed to talk to my doctor about it, which is sad considering i'm a nurse :rolleyes: but i digress) anyway, while i'm awake i typically have to pee at least once every hour if not every half-hour and it's always a pretty small quantity. i have rarely had a problem with diapers leaking because i don't ever flood them, i fill them very slowly and if i ever have leakage it's usually just because i'm sleeping and roll over in a weird position. so i guess i'm at an advantage there.

This is exactly how I am! :)

I have to pee so much (maybe I drink a lot of water) but I pee in small amounts so when I am diapered I never have to worry about flooding. I find I have to pee more often when I am diapered, but when I am diapered I think I trained myself to go involuntarily, I don't even have to think about it, it just goes. I think I may have trained myself to go like that - it's fantastic :)

When I am not diapered I still have to pee often and I cannot hold it for very long so diapers are a major convenience for me.

I go through phases where I will wear diapers all day every day for a period of a few months then I will stop and only wear when I am going to be away from the toilet for a while (exams, long drives/bus trips, movies, concerts)

Same here; while I love wearing/using in public, I'm always very cautious, because having to explain "casual diaper wearing" or any diaper related material in social situations is not exactly desirable to expanding my network of friends in the "vanilla-verse".

• 3 weeks later...

Never leeked in public. But I have had accidents in public. Both just wetting my pants and going #2. I have never been in my hometown when this has happened though, so I just dealt with having an accident the best I could and knew that I did not know anyone who saw me, so even though it was emberessing it would be ok. The worst time was waiting in line for the bathroom at a rest stop while I was on a long car trip and I pooped my jeans infront of about 5 other women. Wet some too when I finally lost control, but not too much. I was not even wearing a diaper. Dummy....

Like most others i have had some leaks as well , the worst being about 2 wks ago while shopping. I had met some friends for a xmas drink ( had 2 beers ) and spent maybe an hour with them as they were going to dinner. I usally wear X-pluses but on this nite i wore a depends pull up Because the jeans i wore would not hide the bulk of my regular diapers. On the way home i stopped to get a frozen pizza at the grocery store, paid for it and as i was walking out the door when the urge to go hit me. Ilet it go as iwalked to my truck. What ididn't expect was a flood as i wear 24/7 and usually wet every 20 to 30 minutes and haven't flooded a diaper in along time, needless to say it was like both beers came out at once. The diaper couldn't handle it and the entire front of my Nice light colored jeans turned dark blue all the way down past my knees, no way to hide that. I had to walk past several people going into the store and i'm sure they noticed as i heard some giggles and snickers in my direction and can't even think what the people behind me saw. Anyway lesson learned on my part X-pluses 24/7 from now on i don't want go through that embaressment again.

Unless I am in a situation where I have a greater than normal chance of running into people I know, I won't worry about leaks. This is because people really shouldn't worry about what I am wearing as I won't go out of my way to make it known I am wearing diapers. If I leak, it happens, and I'll usually be wearing something where if I do leak, it won't be noticeable.

I wear cloth diapers with PUL diaper covers. I went to a movie a couple of days ago. Usually the matinees are virtually empty but this one time there were a lot of people. I take a waterproof pad to sit on just in case. I was embarrasded to take the pad out so of course I had a small accident. I was able to put my rain coat under me so the seat only had a small wet spot. Hopefully it dried out before someone else sat on it. I used the emergency exit to avoid walking out with the crowd.

I worry about leaks. But in most cases I'm confident that the diaper will hold. There have been a few times when I've had a diaper ready to leak and a very full bladder with no chance to get to a bathroom or get out of a public location. I really didn't want to leave a puddle in the middle of a store and have to walk out with wet pants.

i have never gotten the urge to wear a diaper in public, i generally only wear at night... but i'm kind of fortunate should i ever decide to in that i have a small bladder (or more likely overactive bladder disease, but i'm embarassed to talk to my doctor about it, which is sad considering i'm a nurse :rolleyes: but i digress) anyway, while i'm awake i typically have to pee at least once every hour if not every half-hour and it's always a pretty small quantity. i have rarely had a problem with diapers leaking because i don't ever flood them, i fill them very slowly and if i ever have leakage it's usually just because i'm sleeping and roll over in a weird position. so i guess i'm at an advantage there.

That is one of the big things wrong with the field of medicine. Rather than accepting you the way you are, they keep trying to make us all the same. If having a small bladder is not problem for you, why try to change it? Also, won't it be great if Doctors were open to advising patients on plans to manage conditions like small bladders and bed wetting rather than always pushing for chemical and surgical modifications? As a child, I was dragged to a few Doctors because of my bed wetting "problem". None of them suggested management of it to my parents, only chemicals and behavior modification. I know now that I was just made that way and now I accept myself.

Sorry to get off the thread, but wearing out in public also has to do with accepting yourself and managing the situation rather than trying to be like everyone else. Just don't involve others. Don't wear such a thick diaper that it's obvious. If a child looks at you and can see that you are wearing a really thick diaper, they are going to ask their parents why. Change your diapers in a private place. At a minimum, use a bathroom stall and don't walk out with a rolled up wet diaper in your hands showing it to everyone else. Change your diapers often enough. Leaks happen, but we wear diapers to contain them. It's when adults in diapers involve outsiders that the bad press happens.

That is one of the big things wrong with the field of medicine. Rather than accepting you the way you are, they keep trying to make us all the same. If having a small bladder is not problem for you, why try to change it? Also, won't it be great if Doctors were open to advising patients on plans to manage conditions like small bladders and bed wetting rather than always pushing for chemical and surgical modifications? As a child, I was dragged to a few Doctors because of my bed wetting "problem". None of them suggested management of it to my parents, only chemicals and behavior modification. I know now that I was just made that way and now I accept myself.

Sorry to get off the thread, but wearing out in public also has to do with accepting yourself and managing the situation rather than trying to be like everyone else. Just don't involve others. Don't wear such a thick diaper that it's obvious. If a child looks at you and can see that you are wearing a really thick diaper, they are going to ask their parents why. Change your diapers in a private place. At a minimum, use a bathroom stall and don't walk out with a rolled up wet diaper in your hands showing it to everyone else. Change your diapers often enough. Leaks happen, but we wear diapers to contain them. It's when adults in diapers involve outsiders that the bad press happens.

I generally agree with you in terms of medicine trying to change everything rather than teaching management- but I just realistically can't wear diapers all the time. I suppose I shouldn't say 'can't'- I don't want to. Even when the utmost discretion is used, things still happen, and there are ample chances for people to see- and most people would just assume I am incontinent and never say anything, but it's just not something I personally am confident or comfortable enough to deal with. And while when i'm in my ABDL mindset I like wearing diapers as a prop, I find them comfortable dry, and the idea of the 'naughtiness' of wetting myself appeals to me in a sexual way; in my general day to day adult mindset the idea of purposely wetting myself all the time doesn't hold any appeal to me. I like the feeling of a wet diaper when i'm sexually aroused and don't mind it when i'm half asleep, but i've tried to wet during the day when i'm just wearing as an ageplay 'prop' and I don't find it comfortable and would want to change right away... and if i'm wearing diapers just to go to the bathroom and change as soon as I pee, I might as well just go to the bathroom in the first place.

Which leaves me with the option of being uncomfortable ALL the time, or getting on some medication, unfortunately.

I generally agree with you in terms of medicine trying to change everything....Which leaves me with the option of being uncomfortable ALL the time, or getting on some medication, unfortunately.

I agree with you. If it's not complete, irreversibly incontinence, then a diaper should be used as a secondary device not a primary. However, I'd personally much rather wear a diaper 24/7 than be either cath'd or on a course of incredibly powerful pharmaceuticals. A wet piece of plastic and the occasional embarrassment seems much better than a UTI or the side effects of chemical-altering pharmaceuticals.

I generally agree with you in terms of medicine trying to change everything rather than teaching management- but I just realistically can't wear diapers all the time. I suppose I shouldn't say 'can't'- I don't want to. Even when the utmost discretion is used, things still happen, and there are ample chances for people to see- and most people would just assume I am incontinent and never say anything, but it's just not something I personally am confident or comfortable enough to deal with. And while when i'm in my ABDL mindset I like wearing diapers as a prop, I find them comfortable dry, and the idea of the 'naughtiness' of wetting myself appeals to me in a sexual way; in my general day to day adult mindset the idea of purposely wetting myself all the time doesn't hold any appeal to me. I like the feeling of a wet diaper when i'm sexually aroused and don't mind it when i'm half asleep, but i've tried to wet during the day when i'm just wearing as an ageplay 'prop' and I don't find it comfortable and would want to change right away... and if i'm wearing diapers just to go to the bathroom and change as soon as I pee, I might as well just go to the bathroom in the first place.

Which leaves me with the option of being uncomfortable ALL the time, or getting on some medication, unfortunately.

Same with me. When I am not aroused or drunk or tired or feeling kinky I don't wear diapers. I've tried, but I always have this weird feeling that I shouldn't be wasting them. I used to be interested in going out in public and wearing, and I did that for about 2 years. But now I've run that route and only do it when I am alone. I used to wear in public when I was in relationships sometimes. I told a friend once who had gf potential and she thought it was interesting. She was highly sexually charged though so she didn't discriminate. I told my ex I was into diapers once and she said that she could understand why there was so much built up tension around the idea of sex or being aroused. My last gf I told I wear and she thought I was crazy. I guess I've lost the want to wear in public because of the lack of people who understand.

I also stand out a bit because of my height, so I don't need the unwanted attention.

But when I did wet in public, at first it was thrilling and "naughty" and heavily arousing. Now I just feel uncomfortable out in public. I was close once. I was at a McDonalds in the middle of giving my order and was freaked out heavily when I felt warmth on my leg. I purposely dropped my keys as not to make it look like I was looking at a wet diaper and nothing was there. Happiest, most relieved (no pun intended) moment of my life.

I have worn out before thinking it would hold up. Then after we left I started wetting it earlier than I thought I would. We had went window shopping before "tax check" came. The more I wet the jumpier I got about leaking. Wife picked up on it too. At the last store she kept looking at everything very slowly. I told her "I'll meet you at the car." In a loud demanding voice she said "NO you'll stay with me till I go!!!" I got into pain trying to hold it; I made it to the side of the car when the dam burst. As it did I shouted "DAMN!" & leaned against the car head down. I flooded it like never before: & it leaked down both legs & over the back & front. As I raised up to get in I noticed 2-3 people looking & giggling, As I got into the car wife said "I knew we should have looked at the table in there again!" smiling at me.

• 1 month later...

this morning I woke up with plans to go out and buy more diapers. I woke to a dry diaper and started just throwing on some clothes when, without waring, I start wetting my diaper and can't stop. When I finished the diaper was so wet that if i just pushed on the front it leaked. Now the problem is that I don't have anymore diapers to change in to which is why I was going to buy somemore. I have no choice but to go just like I am, WET diaper and all, and hope it doesn't leak.

Early on in my diaper wearing experience I worried about going too far with wetting when I was out and about, but over time I developed a good sense about what Abenas and Depends can hold. Haven't had any public leaks while diapered (I'll deliberately take them past leaking when wearing at home), which adds confidence.

Accidents without them? That's another story. Very rarely I'll get a strong urge to pee and no toilet handy, especially on some roadtrips. When sitting in a car, though, I don't necessarily feel the full pressure until I start shifting position to get out of the car. A few weeks ago I was heading home from a mall when I got concerned I wouldn't make it, so much so that I pulled into a parking lot just a few blocks from my apartment, planning to take a leak near the back of the lot. Started wetting my pants before I could get out of the car.

My comfort zone is much bigger when I'm diapered.

David