LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fun With Phishing Scams

hidden

Recording:This is a call from card holder services. We want to give you a lower interest rate on your card. Blah blah blah. Press 1 to talk to a human!

Me (presses 1) Take my name off of the calling list or I will call the cops about...

Person: *click*

I have to remember that, I don't get many phone calls at my home number but it seems whenever I'm doing something important I have to stop and run and answer the phone.

I do get calls on my home phone usually from my brother instead of burning up cell min.

But I will use your line when I get another one of those pesky calls.

If you get these sort of calls, put your # on the National Do Not Call Registry.

Most of these "card services" callers don't give one single crap about whether your on the no-call list or not. They are semi-legal (and some are outright illegal) operations that shut up shop and reappear somewhere else when the authorities start knocking on their doors. They either generate numbers at random or buy them from unscrupulous scumbags and really don't care about whether they're supposed to call you or not.

Normally if I'm near the computer, I quickly tap the number that's calling into Google, if it's one I don't recognise or a company I don't deal with. Normally for spam/con callers, the first result will be for a site like 800notes and you'll see from the first few results whether you want to answer or (more than likely) ignore them. Once you're practised at this, you can do it all well before it goes to voicemail.

I got one once though, that I answered mistakenly who insisted they were calling from "Internet technical support". It's a similar ruse to the Microsoft tech support scam where they try and get you to give them remote access to your computer, giving them keyboard and mouse control, and then they set up fake problems that they will want you to pay them to fix. It went like this:

Them: "Hello, sir, this is (whoever, I can't remember) from Internet technical support at your internet company"

Me: "Yeah, sure you are. Tell me, since you're from my ISP, which company's offices are you sat in now?"

Them: "Sir, I'm from technical support..."

Me: "Yes, but which company do you work for?"

Them: "Ummmm...... Comcast?"

Me: "Nice try picking one of the country's biggest ISPs... But you're wrong, arsehole. Now f**k off and quit calling me you scum-sucking....."

I would have gone on but for some reason, they hung up... Had they got the ISP right, the next question would have been what's my zip code or something like that. Basically these companies, your bank, your ISP, etc, don't call you without good reason and will always be willing to give you some proof that they are who they say they are. If they won't/can't prove who they are to your satisfaction..... have fun with the scumbags :bash:

DNC is good for legal purposes if these companies get to the point of actually harassing you.

If you have caller ID, you can always write down their number and file an FCC consumer complaint.

If you still get calls from them despite filing a complaint, call the police, provide them the # of the spam-caller, and they'll take care of it. Cursing at the criminals won't do much.

Mike It amazes me how people actually believe that by spending more money for the phone service they save more money on the other services you are already over paying for !

i Have a home phone simply because i have cardiac telemetry hooked up and as far as answering it hell no if you aint got my cell number you are not important,and i'm not gonna be talking to you.

Nappy

When that happens, I ask the person for their name and they usually give it to me (thinking I am interested in hearing about what they have to offer). Then I ask for their address and phone number! Now they are quiet for a moment and then ask why I'm asking for that. I tell them that they have my name, phone number and address so I want theirs! If the inquirey started out about credit cards, I ask what credit cards they have (or insurance company, phone company, car insurance, etc). It dosn't take long for them to hang up on me and I have some fun in the process!

Mike It amazes me how people actually believe that by spending more money for the phone service they save more money on the other services you are already over paying for !

i Have a home phone simply because i have cardiac telemetry hooked up and as far as answering it hell no if you aint got my cell number you are not important,and i'm not gonna be talking to you.

Nappy

The whole bundle itself is cheaper than if I just got just internet and TV. I'm not stupid and math is one of my strong points. If the overall cost with the phone line was going to be more I wouldn't have gotten it.

I was off work sick on Monday. I got one of those credit card lower your payment and refinance calls, so I pressed 1 to talk to the operator. They came on the line and I say:

"Hi, I keep getting these calls, and they really don't apply to me..." *CLICK*

I guess her time is more valuable than mine in their mind. My credit card debt isn't even 10% of what they require for their refinance program.

Memorize these, the sayings of Oma Desala (ascended being from stargate!) :) Evil laughter

Lightning flashes, sparks shower, in one blink of your eyes you have missed seeing.

When the mind is enlightened, the spirit is freed and the body matters not.

You must complete the journey you began at Kheb. Only then will you be able to find your way to the Great Path.

Release your burden.

One cannot reach enlightenment by running from death.

Many roads lead to the Great Path. Only the willing will find their way.

The river tells no lies, though standing on the shore, the dishonest man still hears them.

The future is never certain. You saved many without regard for your own life.

You can never reach enlightenment if you do not believe you are worthy.

Because it is so clear it takes a long time to realize it. If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The universe is vast and we are so small. There is only one thing we can ever truly control. Whether we are good or evil.

Anyone can reach enlightenment. Anyone prepared to open their mind as you did when you first came to Kheb.

Walking the Great Path brings great responsibility. You cannot fear it nor hesitate in your resolve.

• Like 1

LMAO gotta love the ancients, they're so weird.

Anyway, I recall reading about this guy who would sign up for all sorts of stuff, get his phone spammed by every list he could, then tell every one that called to put him on their do not call list. He'd record which numbers he did this for, then when they called him again, he'd take them to court. Supposedly he made a better income suing them than most people do at a regular job. Serves them right. :P Dunno how true it was, but it wasn't written as an anecdote, it was an interview.

And I'll chime in as one of those with no home phone, wife and I have unlimited everything with Metro, and their 4G is great where I live, though not "truly unlimited."

If you get these sort of calls, put your # on the National Do Not Call Registry.

It doesn't make a difference to them.

I am on a State as well as National Registry.

They call using Boost mobile phones to avoid getting caught.

I tried to report it to Boost Mobile as I got the same calls 3 days in a row about 3X a day.

But no live operators or customer service phone number that I know of.

So if I have time I stay on and antagonize them till the cuss me out and/or hang up.

Also they call my cell phone.

They are criminals and I asked "Jake" if it was worth going to prison.

I get that credit card call all the time. I've gone all the way through to talk to a human several times. They just don't care. I tell them I'm on the National Do Not Call List and they don't care. When I tell them to take my number off their call list, I've been told 'they couldn't'. I ask to talk to a supervisor and 'there isn't one there'.

I file complaints (many) on the NDNC site and nothing happens. I don't think they've got the personnel to follow up, plus I suspect these calls are routed electronically in a way that tracing them back would be difficult to impossible.

I've begun to get the same calls on my cell as well

Caller id was well worth the expense for my home phone! Because of my job though I sometimes feel I have to answer "out of area" calls...

none of this is fun.

You do realize the registry itself is a telemarketing scam, right?

The government has a license on that registry for a number of years. Once that license expires they will sell it off to the highest bidder and *poof* another string of telemarketing companies gets your number.

As with all govt. programs, if there wasn't a profit to be made somewhere they wouldn't be in on it.