LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Brand

• 1 month later...

I have just bought the new tena slip maxi today and they are very diffrent from the old one's. I normaly buy medium but they were very small so had to buy large they fit great. They look good two and now that i have just peed in my nappy they hold loads two.

nappyman

I use Tena Slip Maxi mediums here in Australia and I find them to be on average the best available here.

In comparison to the Abena plastic backed they are not quite as absorbent but they do have a decent taping panel and while not as thick they are cut better for my body shape at least.

Faults: I find occassional leakes around the leg cuffs and sometimes the padding is not high enough on the nappy (under the tapping panel) which is a problem for boys but more that that it seems when they are like that they dont fit as well around the back.

Last year I tried the European Tena Slip with the pink war paint around the nappy and found them to be superior to what we have here in Australia in terms of feel dry and absorbency (not one leak even sitting down.)

The new 2008 model available here in Australia looks similar to the European model in the way a bootleg toy at a market might look like a genuine action figure from a toy store, um kinda cheap and a bit tatty. The new model here has no print on the tapping panel (I like using it as a guide) and the war paint doesn't centre nicely around the wetness indicator, still no leakes second night in and still very comfortable.

Quite sometime ago I ordered a pack of the US Tena Ultra medium diapers and found them to be inferior to what I have here although the cloth like cover was nice they still crinkled because of the plastic tapping panel and required a booster pad to be useable overnight (they should probably be compared to the Tena Slip Super er the green ones available here and in Europe.)

• 3 months later...

Tena recently switched to a all cloth covering for their diapers here in the USA. They have velcro tabs now. I don't like them at all. I can't get them to fit very snugly... and the tapes pull off of the wings half of the time. Really dissapointing.

Hi,

I just made an order for some Tena slip maxi on TenaDirect.co.uk. Now I'm just wondering has anyone ordered from them before? Does the case come in a plain box or a labeled box? How long did shipping take for you?

Cheers for any info

They come in a sealed grey plastic covering with the only visible ID being the SCA Healthcare invoice containing the delivery address. From my experience, even with the Bank Holiday, if you are not already in possession, they will be there tomorrow.

Enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Arggh...

Today I was walking through a rite-aid drugstore when I noticed that they had Tena Serenity pullups on sale for $3 off, and there was an additional $3 off coupon attached to the package, which brought the overall price down to $7 for a package of 14. I didn't really need them, but for 50 cents apiece I figured what the heck, I'd go for an impulse buy.

After I got home I tried one on, and discovered that they're quite comfortable. Then, to my chagrin, I discovered that they're also not the least bit waterproof. One wetting, not even a very big one, and the whole front of my pants was a big dark wet stain.

Emphatically not recommended, unless you're into that sort of thing.

• 1 month later...

just got a Tena Ultra Stretch brief sample today, so far, nice snug fit for a guy with a big belly, put 2 medium wettings into it and no leaks, cloth shell with velcro(?) tabs keeping hold so far, i would buy a whole pack of these if i could find them locally

just got a Tena Ultra Stretch brief sample today, so far, nice snug fit for a guy with a big belly, put 2 medium wettings into it and no leaks, cloth shell with velcro(?) tabs keeping hold so far, i would buy a whole pack of these if i could find them locally

How did you get a free sample? When I went to the free sample website it asked for "my representative" and "facility". I found it at...

http://www.tenaultrastretch.com

Any suggestions on getting the free sample?

How did you get a free sample? When I went to the free sample website it asked for "my representative" and "facility". I found it at...

http://www.tenaultrastretch.com

Any suggestions on getting the free sample?

i got it from this website:

http://www.tenahomecare.com/sample_product_request.html

i found that page via a google search

• 5 months later...

I did the free sample thing like 4-6 weeks ago and got nothing in the mail.how long did it take for yours to show up?

• 3 weeks later...

Just a suggestion, can we split this thread? The two types of Tena diapers (North American vs. European/Australian) are very different and not comparable at all (speaking having tried both :P). It's sometimes a little difficult to work out which region people are discussing in this thread.

Does anyone want to offer a review of the new Ultra Stretch diapers? The pricing on Amazon seems competitive (link) at 62 bucks for 72 diapers... Are they essentially just the same as the normal Ultra's with different tapes? Do the single wide tapes hold well? I'm tempted to get some for those times when quietness matters (much as I prefer plastic-backed :))

Hi There......... i'm a long time Tena wearer..... i like the green ones.... they have better absorvance.....the only bad thing that i see is........ the blue ones leak in the middle of the legs.

What's with the CIA logo?

I took a gamble and ordered a case of the ultra stretch diapers. It's mainly the taping method that appeals as well as the imminent need for a cooler and more discrete diaper now we're heading into summer... In Britain I always just wore jeans as normal to cover diapers in the summer but in 100F Georgia summers, it just don't work that way :P

I'll post up my impressions when I get 'em some time next week.

I'll post up my impressions when I get 'em some time next week.

My verdict on the ultra stretch diapers is a resounding 'Meh...', to be honest. The side of the box says "The future is Now!" like they're some kind of revolution but frankly, they're not. The fit is no better for me than the ordinary (less expensive) Tena diapers and frankly, they really need a small size - the stretchy tapes overlap in the middle of my 32" waist by at least 3 inches. Oh, and the front wings are waaaaaaaaaay too short. Goodness only knows how they're supposed to stay in place on someone much larger than me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really trying to figure out why they don't make Men's Ultimate Protective Underwear. I ordered the Women's as it is suppose to Absorb more then the Women's Super Plus Protective Underwear and I assume that the Men's Super Plus Protective Underwear are designed with the same absorbency in mind as the Women's. If you look at their pictures you see the Men's and Women's Super Plus are basically a straight long pad with stretchy stuff to keep it up. Where as the Women's Ultimate actually have material in the wings and seem to me like they might actually take a full wetting, where the Super Plus I am sure would not.

So why don't they make an Ultimate for Men? I think I'll email them as it would make sense to me to have both the absorbencies for Men and Women.

For people who actually suffer incontinence I think these would actually work well. I noticed what I guess you could call leak guards on a pullup. There is elastic that is on the inside running parallel with the pad and then there are the leg elastics outside, they certainly seem to have a better fit then any pullup I have tried. Also if you want the diaper feeling with being discreet these would work well as they have just enough padding to get the feeling that you are padded, but could easily hide under any clothes. The only problem being of course is when you need to change you have to take off your pants/shoes (underwear if you are wearing any), which isn't exactly fun in a public restroom.

Anybody who is interested in purchasing Tena Slip Maxi in sizes small, medium or large head on down to drylife.co.uk They have a brilliant deal at the moment with these amazing nappys for 63 for roughly £32.99 plus p+p which is about £4. Most other companys I have looked at charge between £13 to £17 for a bag of 21 so this is an offer not to be missed.

For anyone who hasn't tried Tena Slip Maxi they are brilliant. Really comfortable, hold 3 or 4 really good wettings and for me another positive is they have a slight baby-like crinkle sound particularly when worn by themselves.