LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Brand

See attached images.

For those asking about absorbency, see the last two rows columns in the table below.

sql> SELECT `variant`, `color`, `capacityMaxML` AS 'max abs',

`functionalLimitML` AS 'working abs'  FROM `DDD`.`productVariants` AS `a`

WHERE `a`.`productRange` = 'Slip' AND `a`.`productBrand` = 'Tena';

+-------------------+---------------+------------+-------------+

| variant           | color         | max abs    | working abs |

| Maxi Small        | White/Purple  | 2030 ml    | 1215 ml     |

| Maxi Medium       | White/Purple  | 3395 ml    | 2037 ml     |

| Maxi Large        | White/Purple  | 3855 ml    | 2312 ml     |

| Super Small       | White/Green   | 1610 ml    | -965 ml     |

| Super Medium      | White/Green   | 2685 ml    | 1611 ml     |

| Super Large       | White/Green   | 3015 ml    | 1809 ml     |

| Super Extra Large | White/Green   | 2917 ml    | 1750 ml     |

| Plus Small        | White/Blue    | 1430 ml    | -855 ml     |

| Plus Medium       | White/Blue    | 2195 ml    | 1317 ml     |

| Plus Large        | White/Blue    | 2505 ml    | 1503 ml     |

| Plus Extra Small  | White/Blue    | 1310 ml    | -785 ml     |

11 rows. <0.01s

sql>

Uh - negative absorbency? What does it do, squirt out double the amount you try to leave in it? :screwy:

i assume the dash is because theres no digit there, the program doesnt seem to want to leave it blank so puts a dash

Yes, it's just for formatting. Feel free to take it as meaning '0'.

• 1 month later...

I had the possibility to try the Korean version of the Tena Slip Maxi and I was really satisfied with them:

* You can find them in supermarkets (package of 9 for something like 6 €).

* Package is night blue with some stars and a moon on it and a large "technical" picture of the various layers of the diaper on the back. All written in Korean and no English.

* They are a good 30% thicker than european version, similar to the "old style" ones.

* Outside cover is paper like, but differently from many paper like ones, for those the waterproof layer is really good and nothing perspirates out.

* Color scheme is similar to european version, it's just all pink instead of pink-and-lilac.

* Tapes are shaped like traditional tapes, but with the landing zone that is typical of Tena Slip. I prefer the thin and long tapes of european version.

* Elastic bands are larger and stronger, so fit and safety are better. I tried some numbers with them and nothing managed to escape their lovely & effective embrace.

* Absorption is similar to european version. The extra thickness is obtained with more pulp and that grants a better feeling of dryness.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the latest (2011 manufacturing date) Tena Slip Maxis or Ultimas, and if the product has changed since the 2009/2010 version.

I had a package of 2010 Tena Slip Ultima and they are by far the best diaper I've ever used as far as comfort and capacity goes (and possibly thickness), however it suffers from two key problems: the backing is that 'cloth like' material (you don't notice when you're wearing it, but it's just one of those things), and the landing zone has a habit of detaching from the backing (because the adhesive doesn't stick to the cloth-like material well).

I'm going to wager the landing-zone fault is just teething issues since it is a brand-new product, but I'm concerned with Tena's recent campaign to make absorbent underwear more 'appealing' to people with actual disabilities that the Tena Slip Maxi might start getting a cloth-like backing.

Can anyone confirm either way, and if any new Ultimas have improved construction?

• 5 weeks later...

Just to update on my last post: I ordered some Tena Slip Maxis and they arrived a few weeks ago. The manufacturing date on them is February 2011 and they're the exact same design as the ones I tried in June 2009 and again in January 2010.

That means the design is probably now at least two years old, possibly older. How long does Tena use a design for? It can't be for more than 3 years because they had a redesign in 2002 or 2003 when they went from pure white to having a lilac stripe, and then in 2005 when they made it a stronger purble colour, and then again when they replaced the stripe with the half-tone speckle pattern (which is the design we see today).

I decided to try some Tena Stretch Ultras after I saw that they were being sold on Amazon in a pack of 36 for around $30. I must say that while I wasn't expecting much of anything at all, I am still disappointed. They are thinner than I anticipated--slightly thinner than a Depend--and very large. I got the medium/regular size which is supposed to fit waist/hip of 33", and the side wings overlap on me. (My waist is about 30-31", and my hips are about 39"... I usually wear a women's US size 8 in pants or a men's 32). I haven't tried them yet, and will update this when I do.

I decided to try some Tena Stretch Ultras after I saw that they were being sold on Amazon in a pack of 36 for around $30. I must say that while I wasn't expecting much of anything at all, I am still disappointed. They are thinner than I anticipated--slightly thinner than a Depend--and very large. I got the medium/regular size which is supposed to fit waist/hip of 33", and the side wings overlap on me. (My waist is about 30-31", and my hips are about 39"... I usually wear a women's US size 8 in pants or a men's 32). I haven't tried them yet, and will update this when I do.

Hi, d4ab. I'm a huge fan of the Stretch diapers, though I use the thicker Supers. I started with the Ultras because I found them locally, and loved the design and fit, but wanted more absorbency. My guess is that you'll like the Ultras but wish they were thicker. The Supers will give you that.

-RMS

• Like 1

Hi, d4ab. I'm a huge fan of the Stretch diapers, though I use the thicker Supers. I started with the Ultras because I found them locally, and loved the design and fit, but wanted more absorbency. My guess is that you'll like the Ultras but wish they were thicker. The Supers will give you that.

-RMS

Thanks for the information! I will give them a fair test, though I am still concerned about them being just slightly too large. Once I've had a chance to give them a good dry run... or wet run, as the case may be... I'll update.

I would have gotten the Supers, but I only found the Ultras on Amazon.

Thanks for the information! I will give them a fair test, though I am still concerned about them being just slightly too large. Once I've had a chance to give them a good dry run... or wet run, as the case may be... I'll update.

I would have gotten the Supers, but I only found the Ultras on Amazon.

Well, I can help you with that too: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tena+super+stretch&x=0&y=0

Enjoy!

-RMS

Tena slip maxi medium fit me the best and feel the most dryest on my skin, don't clump easy either.

Worn a few of them a few days overnight a few days ago, heavily soaked for over 12 hours, and didn't wake up with any rash. Most likely because I covered my privates and between my legs with Abena zinc oxide barrier cream which I find extremelly effective.

Plus the Tena slip maxi are the best at keeping wetness away from my skin, especially since they put that new one way textile sheet just under the top sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone confirm for me the color of the Tena Ultra Stretch medium sized? the "pictures" on tenas site show white with a purple tint on the body of the brief, but i just came across a video showing them to be green.

the last time i purchased them in large, they were white with yellowish-light brown color on them, this was back in october 2010, so maybe tena changed the colors on them and i got old stock, i dont know

• 2 weeks later...

Why the fuck does Tena slip maxi medium from uk stores come in a 21 pack?

And Tena slip maxi medium for saveexpress come in a 24 pack?

I feel cheated, I thought both packs were the same from both places. That's 3 less nappies.

See here:

https://www.ageukincontinence.co.uk/product/tena-slip-maxi-2100ml-and8211-medium-and8211-pack-of-21-715221.html

http://www.saveexpress.de/save/index.php?cat=031&product=AKTION0001&sidSAVEEXPRESS=0ditd7oaar6i508r23gjrt1eu0

It wasn't that long ago that they came 28 to a pack as the Supers still do... About 2004 ish, I think, they started reducing the count.... :(

Next time I'll buy from saveexpress and get the 3 more like that, but then again the shipping is higher that way.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was wondering what people think is the best tena?

Remember that US Tenas are different to the EU Tenas. Your profile doesn't say where you are, but my experience is with EU Tena.

For me, it's a tie between Tena Slip Ultima and Tena Slip Maxi.

Tena Slip Ultima is the thickest, most comfortable, and also the most absorbent - I can throw anything at it and it it never leaks, not even once. The downside is it has the cotton-style or 'cloth-backing' material which doesn't hit the right nostalgia buttons for me, but for those of us who were born in the mid-1990s and never got to experience smooth plastic-backing then that won't be a problem. I had a pack of Ultimas in late 2010, shortly after they were introduced, and the smooth plastic landing zone had a habit of getting separated from the backing (not good at all). I've recently ordered some new packs and we'll see how they perform. Tena Slip Ultima are the most expensive, at 25€ for a pack of 21 (not including delivery).

Tena Slip Maxi seems the best all-rounder. It used a leak a bit for me when I was smaller, but no complaints now. I like the way the smooth plastic feels and crinkles.

I do wish Tena would provide more padding up front, however. Often the core only extends up to the top of my crotch and not all the way up to my belly button.

--------------------------

I've learned that Tena is now introducing a "Tena Slip Breathable" (often called "Tena Slip Breathe" or "Breath") version - they seem to be following the steps of Abena when they introduced Abri-Form Premium. I guess this means this is the beginning of the end of the smooth plastic backed versions. Does anyone else have any information on this?

• 3 weeks later...

There's a new Tena commercial and website. www.tenatwist.com

No briefs at all on that site. Pull-ups and pads is all they're pitching. How the hell they expect one size pull-up to fit every size waist from 34" to 50" is beyond my comprehension...

• 1 month later...