LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buying My First Cloth Diapers

if you Read around we have been discussing this type of diaper its Called an AIO All In One and in general here in the states even the manufacturers will tell you these are a waste of your money they do not hold up,and they are the worst diaper design ever made.but they still make them because some people are irrational and insist on buying them,so as a business they sell them because otherwise the money goes somewhere else---take it from a long term cloth diaper wearer, i figured out the other day i have worn my diapers about 12,000 times so far in my life, choose a well made cloth diaper and a pair of well made plasic/rubber pants they will serve you much better and much longer than an AIO.

N

Hi Leo and Welcome to Daily Diapers.

Like most people my age (born in 1964) I started out in pinned gauze diapers. I only started wearing disposables in 1981 because there were no coin washing machines at my university. In 1991 when I got engaged I also got access to a washing machine so I could return to gauze diapers at night.

When people ask about starting to use cloth diapers, my first question is: Can you discreetly and conveniently wash and dry your cloth diapers within a couple of days of wetting them and immediately if you mess them?

My nest question is: Can you conveniently and discreetly store your wet or messy cloth diapers until you wash them?

My advice is to not waste your money on any form of All In One diaper. The absorbent cloth part needs to be washed in very hot water with full agitation using somewhat harsh detergents. The waterproof layer need to be washed in luke-warm water with just a hint of ultra-mild dish-washing detergent. The cloth diaper wants to be dried hot and tumbled. The waterproof parts wants to gently air dry at moderate room temperature away from sun light.

Also, with an AIO, the cloth cannot dry correctly on the side next to the waterproof layer, so mildew starts there.

For less money you can buy separate waterproof pants and cloth diaper. For example your diaper could fasten with pins or Velcro, while your pants pull-on for fewer leaks in bed.

I'd say, if ordering from that site you're better off getting the diaper and the waterproofing seperate.

Something more like this:

http://adult-baby-shop.eu/product_info.php?cPath=136_145&products_id=640

and this:

http://adult-baby-shop.eu/product_info.php?cPath=137_152&products_id=821

but, overall the site seems to sell more novelty stuff than things that are actually to be used. That may be what you're looking for though.

• 2 weeks later...

Baby-pants.com has an excellent selection of cloth diapers and baby pants -- and lots of helpful information to help you make the best selection for you. I agree that the AIO is not a good choice; the tried and true pre-folded cloth diaper is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing AIOs for years but in general I agree that the plastic/vinyl covered AIO diapers do not last. About a year ago I bought several AIO diapers from Nice Diaper but instead of the vinyl/plastic version I bought the PUL version and they are standing up very well. However, as the velcro tabs appear to be some kind of plastic material I never dry them in the dryer, I always air dry them and I never use water hotter than warm when washing them. Also, if you think you may wet them three or more times I would suggest you wear a plastic panty as the PUL will become damp.