LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Can I Make My Plushies Smell Fresh?

ForbiddenFruit

So, since moving into uni I put my stuffed tiger, my favourite regression aid, into a little drawer under my bed.

However, now he smells a bit...funny. It's not a bad smell, he just smells of...kinda stale air from being put in a wooden drawer for so long. It's not very noticeable, like, you wouldn't just notice it if he was just 'there', but I like to hold him close and squeeze and inhale by him, and it's not unpleasant, just throws me off so I'm used to him being so fresh back home, as I used to leave him on top of my wardrobe.

Now, I don't know if it's safe to put him in the washer and dryer, and he has those kinda glassy bead eyes, not sure what it is, you know, the little hard ones.

What should I do so I can cuddle him again?

Don't know what kind of vacuum you have but a simple trick to make everything fresh easy: Spray the plushy with fabreez kinda liberally but no need to soak them, place them in a good plastic bag with no pin holes or leaks. Using the nozzle end of your vacuum ( with a brush attachment works best) place in the bag and wrap the opening tight against the tube nozzle outside. Flip the vacuum off and on real quick a couple of times till the bag totally deflates then leave it on for about 30 seconds then turn off. Release your grip on the bag pull out the nozzle. Set the Plushys out in the open sun for a couple of minutes for the UV to hit them and poof perfect Plushy again.

The vacuum pulls all the air out of them, when you release the vacuum the air pressure changes and forces the Fabreez into the core of the Plushy thus cleaning it inside and out.

Easier method: Take a pillow case put two bounce sheets inside. Put it in the dryer on normal heat for 5 minutes (they are heat activated). remove and throw two dry towels in the dryer (kinda like shock absorbers for the poor Plushy) Place plushy or two inside pillow case with bounce sheets, simple knot the open end. Throw it into the dryer while still hot from before and turn it on on air fluff only (no heat) for about 15 minutes. Fixed! ;)

p.s. put pillow case back on your pillow for two birds with one stone kinda thing! :P

• 1 month later...

Another green technique is to put your plushie into an airtight bag with a liberal amount of baking soda. The baking soda removes lots of odours - note, there is NOTHING wrong with the other suggestions. I would suggest NOT putting it into the washing machine, unless there are specific washing instructions still attached. I know, long ago, my mother put Ginger Bear into the washing machine - of course it didn't damage his soul, but his coat has never been the same.

I would go with the fresh air and sunlight too. Our wash goes out for air drying and everything smells so fresh when it comes in, including my cloth diapers. Even after a few weekss in a drawer they still smell fresh.

I had a plush that got messed up once, I used resolve deep clean carpet powder. I just sprinkled in on my turtle, rubbed in in a little with a old toothbrush, let it sit for a few minutes and used the vacuum hose to suck the powder off, just like if I was cleaning my carpet. Worked like a charm.