LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mental Issues Vs Infantilism

I've always said a lot of ABDLs have mental issues and are using infantilism as a crutch so they don't have to deal with the real world.

Fetish can be therapeutic, but it is NOT a substitute for real therapy. People, if you need help please go get it.

I use infantilism to help me deal with the stress of the real world. I've thought about getting "real therapy" one day. When I do I'll send you the bill!!! Till then I'll just use my diapers!!! LOL

I feel like trying to explain to somebody why their irrational fears and phobias are irrational, is a moot point.

as for me i have depersonalization disorder. and honestly, thanks to weed its like i dont even have it now. the only time i notice that i have it is when i take tolerance breaks.

I cannot answer for anyone else, I can however confirm I have some form of mental health issues, and the incidents that caused the issues are directly linked to my first feeling of the 'need' to be an infant again.

I wished to return to a time when all my adult worries were gone, to a time when I knew I was safe, loved unconditionally, looked after and an innocent.

My traumatic events started when i was 9, carried on into my teen years, and other events in my military career have added themselves to the mix. I will not go onto details here as this is far to public, and by listing them i might in fact upset someone that has had similar problems. What I can say is that my memory before 9 yrs old is completely gone, even photo's of this time do not inspire even the slightest memory.

I am going through help at the moment and while no diagnosis has been forth coming yet, anxiety, social anxiety, depression and PTSD (Which is an anxiety condition) have all been bounced around.

My major symptoms range from bouts of almost uncontrollable fury and anger, sleeping problems, nightmares, flashbacks, avoidance patterns, Anxiety (Obviously), self doubt, drinking problems (Self medication), Hyper-Vigilance, distance from social groups and loved ones.

The flashbacks vary between approx 10 separate traumas from childhood and military service (I was not in a war zone, I did Mountain rescue duties for 4 yrs, and was subject to various levels of bullying in the forces). On a daily basis I have random flashbacks of the various events.

In all my years only two things sooth my beast, rock climbing and sliding on a nappy. On doing either of those things do i find a sense of peace and well being

So in my own situation the is a tangible link between being an ab and the emotional and physical traumas I have suffered. As already stated in any social group you will get a certain percent who have emotional trauma/Mental health issues, however after years of talking to other abdls, I think this social group has more than others, due to the fact that a lot DO use the escapism of infanthood as a safety blanket to the outside world and its harsh realities. That the DO leave their troubled adult lives behind and the stress of modern life, bills, work, relationships, rules, commitments. All are washed away in a release of infantile gurgles and giggles.

• Like 1

Rockiesfan,

It's not so much that I say stupid shit as much as I become emotionally distant, disconnected or in general have a hard time opening myself up or trusting people. I do say stupid shit all the time, usually for comedic affect however I find that my mistrust often causes me to think people hate me...of course when you find out your ex is telling her family stupid lies that doesn't help either. I may have a mild form of BPD, who knows. there are varying levels of it and various ways upon which sufferers act or lash out. Some may lash oput externally while others internally. i do know part of my problem stems from not being assertive enough and not vieiwng assertiveness in the correct manner.(it's okay to make demands and expectations) I could go into how past abuses have shaped some of my infantilistic tendencies, however I am not in the mood to write all that right now.

i have a ton of mental issues (depression, ocd, anxiety, add/adhd, drug addictions) when i wear diaper and be a baby, i drop all those worries and i go into this peaceful world, i love it.

I anm diagnosed as Schizoaffective, which is basically Bipolar and schizophrenic together. I have always had a problem, from day one of wearing a diaper for incontinence due to sacral root injury, with exhibitionism of my diaper. My psychiatrist says that it is because my normal inhibitions are repressed and that I do it to calm myself as well. My current medications are working well to help me combat this and the other nastier symptoms, but I still feel the urge to expose my diaper infrequently, I just don't act on it. (at least not every time) It has been a long time since I have subjected some poor person to that visual, and I do not condone it. If you get these urges whatever the reason, get help. Some of the meds I hate of course, but I also never want to go to jail in a diaper, lol.

I went back and took part in one of the polls mentioned earlier in this thread.

In thinking about all this, I think the focus of the question - and many of the answers - might end up a little misleading. It seems to me that the OP was looking to see not simply the correlation between abdl and mental health issues - although perhaps it was that simple. I think the more interesting question is how many of us have established any kind of credible link (few, I think, could actually verify a link) between mental health issues and/or past issues which might have created mental health problems.

greatwnorth and others have shown a link not only to diapers, but particular diaper behaviors. Others have rattled off a list of mental health issues that might or might not be related to their abdl tendencies.

Another subquestion might revolve around exhibitionism and other 'risky' behaviors such as greatwnorth has brought up. How many of us engage in what might be described as 'risky' diaper behavior as a result of mental issues?

None of this is extremely verifiable, but still interesting. I do believe that many, if not most of us have some trigger from our youth and/or childhood based on an event or events that either came about as a result of mental conditions or events that brought on mental conditions. The spectrum of those mental conditions, I think, is very wide. Some of us might be completely healthy from a mental point of view while others of us might have issues we can not of will not recognize.

I would suggest you take a look at http://www.toddlertime.com

There are some great mental health resources on that site for adult babies and diaper lovers.

Stay pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

This isn't meant to be a down-trodden looking for advice or encouragement topic, but rather as a sort of questionnaire. You see, I'm in counseling, & I've told my counselor, I think I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I was reading on www.understandinginfantilism.org , & I read something along the lines of that some people that have Borderline Personality Disorder are infantilists. (I was not aware of this either when My desires started or when I started with this counselor.) Anyway this makes me curious & wonders if any & how many of us have some sort of mental issue that our Desires stem from.

Rockies Fan

Rockiesfan,

It's not so much that I say stupid shit as much as I become emotionally distant, disconnected or in general have a hard time opening myself up or trusting people. I do say stupid shit all the time, usually for comedic affect however I find that my mistrust often causes me to think people hate me. I may have a mild form of BPD, who knows. there are varying levels of it and various ways upon which sufferers act or lash out. Some may lash oput externally while others internally. i do know part of my problem stems from not being assertive enough and not vieiwng assertiveness in the correct manner.(it's okay to make demands and expectations)

Curiousity,

Thank you for your specific response to my question regarding your experience. It sounds like from your post, that you & I are quite a bit alike, because I do alot of these same things that you do.

Rockies Fan.

Heya Rockiesfan,

I get myself in trouble sometimes after I find out somebody said something disrespectful or hurtful about me. I found out froma utual friend that my roommate blames me for everything wrong here when her friends come over and thankfully her friends are figuring out the truth. I have gotten better at looking at the big picture and trying to understand others faults before reacting however there are times where I just see red and am ready to scream. I lashed out at the roommate via text when she asked for some demand about her religion in October(some day of the dead pagan thingy). I snapped at her saying I was not putting myself out for her when in reality she was actually looking out for my spiritual views and trying to be respectful. the biggest thing that has helped me in therapy is understanding that the event and the reaction are two separate things and though the event may never change, our reaction can change and we can make it change. I'm not quite there at doing it all the time, however I try to make an effort. I still have moemnts where somebody will say something mean or if I get into a fight with a friend I start having a panic attack, however I try to keep a logical perspective on everything. I've also figured out where saome of my thought processes have come from and how many I still operate under where conclusions I made as a young child. Sometimes simply understanding where parts of yourself come from(not in the multiple personality sense, just parts of your thinking and reasoning) helps bring peace to your own self.

Okay ll I know is my roommate has severe mental issues and wears diapers. No sane, right thinking person would just blindly bring home another D.I.D. system and act like it's no big deal. When you manage to make me unsafe in my own home, you warrant a beating. I'm seriously not happy right now.

Well people like me,I'm just a diaper lover, I'm NOT interested in becoming an AB, tried it once, turned me right off.

However ageplay I might do in the future, not as a baby though as when I was a baby and very early childhood was great. But my early teens to now has been dreadful. Constant bullying until I was about 19.

But basically I was physically abused by a PE teacher when I was very young, I can't put my legs in the air on my back because of it. And I still remember what that bitch did. But was too young and too scared to say anything about it at the time.

Ok it wasn't sexual abuse, but physical abuse though which is bad enough.

Basically I couldn't do a backwards sommersalt properly in PE, and the PE teacher forced my legs over my head and basically dropped me in the air and I landed on my back. Now lucky that was on a PE mat or I probably would be paralysed then.

But it fucking winded me.

Any time a doctor/nurse tells me to lie on my back and put a leg up in the air or both, I totally freak out and get a panic attack. I know the doctor/nurse wouldn't physically injure me I hope. But that PE teacher mentally scarred me for life.

Once I had a stupid bitch of an occupational therapist not doing her job properly and was feeling up my spine and pressed rather too hard at certain points. And I couldn't walk properly for almost a day.

I've had some bully in secondary school in the science lesson, when the teacher left the room,the bully who tried to cut my throat with a scalpel(used for disecting a frog ewwwww), I grabbed it away cutting my fingers badly. Rather my fingers than throat though.

When teacher came back in the room, no one said who it was and the stupid teacher presumed I was playing around with it.

Another school I went to I had bullies spit in my food in another school I went to. And someone try and strangle me at another school. And a few people held my head and flushed the toilet in the bogs.

All because I got a disability and the stupid fucking teachers clearly singled me out to everyone at that school and sometimes made me work with a support worker.

Only sexual abuse(harassment) I had was some fucking creep when I stopped off for a piss at a motorway services toilet and was on my own some awful dodgy looking shack, and some old guy came in said "nice dick" when I was pissing in the trough thing.

And I ended up pissing my trousers and running out fast as I was in the middle of going. Sorry if that's a bit graphic, but the stuff that's happened to me in my life is truly horrible.

God knows why I got such a strong great memory of that, but it seems all the horrible things that happen to me in the past, I remwmber extremely well.

Only like diapers for a sexual fetish, comfort(stress reducer) and good mood enhancer. When I'm not getting off in them. They help me relax and reduce stress, instead of turning to shit like street drugs.

If I could eliminate the stress and anxiety and flat moods in my life resulting from epilepsy and the horrible side effects the anti-epiletic meds give me. Plus me having aspergers syndrome (a form of high funtioning autism). I'd probably only love diapers as a sexual fetish.

I wanted to get this off my chest FINALLY, and I guess this was the write topic to do it in.

The guy who tried to stab me when I was about 14-15, Now I'm 27. I know his full name and the school he was at with me. But has been so long he has probably changed so much in looks. Am kicking myself now, why I didn't go to the police.

The PE teacher that abused me was EVEN long ago when I was about 7 or so, can't remember exactly THAT long ago. But remember her teacher name and the school name.

Sorry if I had to vent my past very bad experiences here a bit....

Now that is something that shouldn't have to happen to any kid. That is something that I would beat some one up for regardless of age unless the kid is like 7 or so. I hope that you can do better in time and that you are able to have those wounds heal.

For me I have High functioning Autism and that is really all that affects me. Nothing too bad but with enough affect that I am quite socially behaviorally different not that I see that as a bad thing. Though when I was younger it really showed, since then I was given good schooling to get me doing better. Now that I think about it, thanks mom and dad for raising me so well.

Okay ll I know is my roommate has severe mental issues and wears diapers. No sane, right thinking person would just blindly bring home another D.I.D. system and act like it's no big deal. When you manage to make me unsafe in my own home, you warrant a beating. I'm seriously not happy right now.

What's a D.I.D. system?

Dissociative Identity Disorder. I.e. Multiple personalities. I am in a house right now with the potential possibility of being around any random assortmoent of 60-70 different alters/headmates. Those I have met are cool, however there are quite a few who just worry me. I swear it's like a weird version of 2 and a half men in this place.

Being officially labelled as having some kind of psychological disorder has an important downside. The label can be an impediment when it comes to getting some kinds of jobs or insurance. Potential employers sometimes have the right and insurance companies from which you are trying to purchase coverage always have the right to demand a complete medical history that includes any kind of psychiatric or psychological diagnosis.

• 4 weeks later...

*Update*

Hello everyone,

I just thought I should share my continued experiences regarding my therapist knowing about me being an infantilist. Surprisingly & Thankfully my counselor was open & willing to listen when I first told him, & it has come up briefly during our sessions since then, but not often. I made it clear that this is not something that I wanted to change, but that it was a big enough part of me that me being an infantilist might be innertwined with some of the things I am trying to work on. Plus by explaining to my counselor it has helped him to understand me better. Even my Counselor Said & Agreed that there is nothing wrong with what we do. :) (I hope that this helps & encourages those who are still trying to accept this part of themselves.) Another thing that my Counselor said is that just like with almost any addiction, If you irriaticate one addiction, most likely you would just substitute it for a different addiction.

Rockies Fan

First of all I'm totally incontinent but I still think I can answer this. I actually was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder from at least two different psychiatrists. My most current psychiatric diagnosis is Bipolar Disorder (Type II I believe). I was into diapers before I had my SCI and actually had to start wearing them 24/7/365. I think as far as it was for me was because I saw different family members in diapers and wanted that same cozy feeling.

I have plenty of problems but I don't have them too bad. I have ADD, anxiety, Asperger's, OCD (the thinking), learning disability, cognitive thinking problems.

I have been diagnosed with sensory processing disorder in the past along with cluttering, dyspraxia, language processing disorder, cognitive disorder, communication disorder. My mom says I outgrew dyspraxia and sensory processing disorder but I still have some sensory issues. My balance is very good now.

I have also had an eating disorder. Adjustment disorder was once mentioned by my mother when I was 18 but I don't believe I have it. I also have had depression too but I am over it.

I see nothing wrong with infantlism to deal with our problems.

My diapers were out of comfort at first but now it's a sexual thing for me. I have nothing to regress about because I am happy. I have what I need and want but I am still into diapers. I don't mind being a grown up either and I can handle the responsibilities I have and a supportive husband. I like having him diaper me and changing me. But I do it mostly myself because he is at work and then he is in bed when I get home so I have to do it myself. Maybe tonight I will have him diaper me when I get home from work since he won't be in bed.

I think my disabilities may have had a connection to the diapers and I wonder if I wouldn't have gotten into this if I didn't have Asperger's. My life would have been easier and I would have been understood better and I would have no need for comfort. I have noticed a pattern with autism and diapers and child abuse and diapers, including being a victim of bullying and diapers and other mental illnesses and diapers. Then there are some people who are just into them for no reason and they have no mental issues nor were victims of abuse. I think some people just develop this fetish because of their mental issues or because of abuse they suffered while some develop it from curiosity.