LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tlc My Strange Addiction

Kind of freaked me out.

I was sitting watching TV with my wife, who knows and does NOT approve of my diaper interests. As I often do, I was reading a book during the commercials and paying little attention to the TV at that point. Up pops the promotional ad for the program. By some miracle, I did not ( as far as I could tell) jump when I heard the announcement. My wife looks up from her knitting, looks at me and says, "Are you going to watch that?", with a slight smile on her face. Not a smirk as I've seen in the past during diapering commercials or scenes of kids being diapered, but a light, knowing smile. I'm sure I turned red, and said a bit too forcefully, "NO". She just looked back at her knitting and said, "It's ok". That was it. I made it a point of watching a Harry Potter Movie during that time frame that night.

This comes on another strange occurrence the day before. We were outside in >100o heat mulching a flower bed. Needless to say, we were soaked with sweat. At one point, I bent down to pick up a sack and when I got back up, I heard a loud sound that sounded EXACTLY like a thick, very wet diaper sliding inside of a pair of plastic pants. It was identical and it was loud enough for both of us to hear. I froze, some what dumbfounded. She looked up at me and innocently said, "You're not wearing a diaper in this heat are you?". She knew full well I wasn't, I was just soaked from the heat. I just looked at her some what exasperatedly and said, "no". She looked back down, slight smile on her face and that was that.

We had not had a mention or interaction along these lines for about 5 years, and that one was not good.

Bizarre how things happen sometimes.

And no, I don't think this signals an understanding and detente....it was just a coincidence..... and I'm glad I wasn't more embarrassed.

Guest Diaperdragon

The one thing about Riley being on that show that people sooner or later is going to find out and realize what they saw on TV is not a biological born woman. That Riley is not a biological born woman to begin with, but a Transsexual MTF and that some people in society are going to equate transsexuals to AB/DL. They are going to look at Riley and Equate Transsexuals to AB/DL people and that may not look good for anyone. Just like Stanley who they dug up some skeleton's in his closet found out he was on public assistance while displaying his AB fetish to people. People may dig up some skeletons in Riley's closet and may find out sooner or later who Riley is Really all about.

I think the show went really, really well to be honest. Probably one of the best pieces out there right now for our community. It wasn't negative, it showed there is no harm in it really (maybe just that it's hard on a relationship, but relationships are hard no matter who you are). Riley did a great job and show cased the community well. I honestly don't think for a second that people are really going to associate transgender and being an adult baby going side by side. If people have half a brain cell, they should be able to figure that out, especially with the way it was filmed.

I could tell it was scripted in one area in particular. It was the scene where Riley is at the clothing store trying on stuff and her friend James is getting upset with the fact her diapers showing and so he suggest to see a therapist, in which she agrees. Sounded very unnatural the way it was talked about (sorry Riley :) ). I'm sure they had to lead into that topic some way in order to have a therapist come out as they always consult a dr or professional with these individuals.

I would be really curious about the behind the scenes stuff of it all, like was it scripted, how much filming did they do, did they direct you, how'd it all go down??? It'd be great if Riley could write a little story about the experience and how it all went, in detail. Just curious.

I know the show really doesn't get into the whole "there's a group of people like this person" type of thing with anybody really that I can recall. However, it would've been nice to see a mention of what AB's are, what DL's are, and some of the variations and that there is a large community of us. I somewhat thought I'd see an ABU or Bambino print diapers but I suppose, they didn't want to advertise as every product had it's label turned. Just thought if people would've seen real diaper and ab fetish items mass produced, then they'd see it as much more of a common thing then they may think it is like, ohhh, guess more people do this then I thought.

Anyway, overall, good episode, great job Riley and maybe sometime, someone with a diaper fetish only who lives a "normal", everyday life will be on the show soon!!! Who will that be....hmmmmmmm....

As I normally do, I've been 'processing' this through the day and noticing things including...

I'm sure they had to lead into that topic some way in order to have a therapist come out as they always consult a dr or professional with these individuals.

...this and the "surprise!" moment, I wonder it that was engineered to add some drama for the same reason as the shopping 'drama' because they expected to find somebody who had this 'addiction' that negatively impacted their life and found that actually, it doesn't :lol: The "it must make buying clothes so difficult" and "what about relationships" seemed to be a bit of a grasp at finding a negative where there really wasn't one :)

my favorite part was the end where it said she does not intend to stop. her friend surprised me at her reaction of accepting it, as part of riley. i wish people around me besides my wife were so understanding

for those who missed it:

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=6J6WYIJZ

THANKS!! I missed it and so being able to watch this was wonderful.

I think Riley did a fantastic job. It's a shame, however, that this has to be shown on a show called "My Strange Addiction". My wife's shrink insists that my love for diapers is an addiction. Yes, it is not widely accepted, so in that sense it's strange. But to have it put into the same context as eating dryer sheets just isn't right, in my opinion. There are a lot of addictions they've shown that are likewise unhealthy in a physical sense for people - this woman eating dryer sheets is endangering her life. How is wearing diapers and sleeping in a crib endangering Riley or anyone else?

Wow! She wears at least 3 diapers a day!!!! OMG! let's see....3x365= BIG DEAL! Yes, Riley was incredibly brave and did a wonderful job of portraying what may be a lifestyle to some, perhaps an addiction in a way to some, but to an awful lot of us, I suspect, it's a coping mechanism as was glossed over in the show.

My shrink thankfully thinks its not such a big deal that I wear diapers. Just today I was talking about this site (not by name) and about the range of people represented here - he thought it was wonderful that so many people can find a way of expressing their needs. But with my wife, I've got to fight the image of this being an addiction rather than an emotional need. While this is not true of everyone here - I'm in no position to speak for anyone else - neither is it an addiction for everyone. I would find it hard to believe that Riley truly thinks of her way of living as an addiction, but rather that TLC forced those words into her mouth to fit their show's concept. But then, I'll let Riley speak for herself. I've got a lot of respect for her on a lot of levels.

Thanks, Riley, for giving a good honest (except maybe for the 'addiction' part) representation of adult babies.

Hm. My thoughts:

1. Riley did an excellent, great job! As people expected, she was a good representative who provided a view of AB/DL nature that simply had not been televised to date.

2. The show was incredibly disrespectful, but not as disrespectful as Jerry Springer, Montel, Tyra Banks, or any of the other tabloidesque titles, so there is that.

Why would I say that it is disrespectful? Because any show which assumes that a way of life is negative for the inclusion of a coping mechanism or some abnormal element is not only ignorant of the fact that the majority of lives include the latter in some regard but also that this coping mechanism is significantly less harmful than certain others, such as alcohol. Strange addiction? Certainly. Addiction that serves to be assumed as a negative impact on one's life and surveyed in the assumption that it is harmful? Only if you're not interested in a factual, level assessment.

Of course, there was a silver lining. The psychiatrist wasn't bent on any sort of witch hunt, but instead saw the method of adjustment as what it was, rather than a symptom of maladjustment.

I hope, Riley, that things are still good between the two of your friends. I know that exposure of one's secrets is very rough.

• Like 1

Hmmmmm....Lenin makes an interesting observation. Mainly about Ab/Dl folks using this lifestyle as a coping mechanism. I've often wondered what so called 'normal' folks do to cope. I know that most of us don't necessarily have difficult lives but I think we all have times where we just need to find our happy place and relax there for a while.

Obviously some people will adopt a more destructive lifestyle such as drug use and alcohol, but I can't help but wonder just what it is that others do to get by on a daily basis.

Hm. My thoughts:

1. Riley did an excellent, great job! As people expected, she was a good representative who provided a view of AB/DL nature that simply had not been televised to date.

2. The show was incredibly disrespectful, but not as disrespectful as Jerry Springer, Montel, Tyra Banks, or any of the other tabloidesque titles, so there is that.

Why would I say that it is disrespectful? Because any show which assumes that a way of life is negative for the inclusion of a coping mechanism or some abnormal element is not only ignorant of the fact that the majority of lives include the latter in some regard but also that this coping mechanism is significantly less harmful than certain others, such as alcohol. Strange addiction? Certainly. Addiction that serves to be assumed as a negative impact on one's life and surveyed in the assumption that it is harmful? Only if you're not interested in a factual, level assessment.

Of course, there was a silver lining. The psychiatrist wasn't bent on any sort of witch hunt, but instead saw the method of adjustment as what it was, rather than a symptom of maladjustment.

I hope, Riley, that things are still good between the two of your friends. I know that exposure of one's secrets is very rough.

Indeed. As I expected, the show tried to put more of a negative spin on the subject, just like they did with the furry episode. Notice that the music gets all ominous when it's revealed in the text that Riley doesn't plan to give up the lifestyle? And that they actually suggest that wearing diapers is going to ruin her life when they go to commercial?

They always bring in a shrink or Dr on every show .But i was not surprised (my opin ) when the good DR could really find nothing negative or dangerous about what she was doing .Her 1 friend seem to have a bigger prob with it ,Hopefully everthing is still good with her friends !! .Once again good job Riley :thumbsup:

Guest Diaperdragon

The one thing about Riley being on that show that people sooner or later is going to find out and realize what they saw on TV is not a biological born woman. That Riley is not a biological born woman to begin with, but a Transsexual MTF and that some people in society are going to equate transsexuals to AB/DL. They are going to look at Riley and Equate Transsexuals to AB/DL people and that may not look good for anyone. Just like Stanley who they dug up some skeleton's in his closet found out he was on public assistance while displaying his AB fetish to people. People may dig up some skeletons in Riley's closet and may find out sooner or later who Riley is Really all about.

Okay that plus or minus thing is getting way out of Hand and DD needs to remove it.What is the point of having a post rating when people are abusing it.

THANKS!! I missed it and so being able to watch this was wonderful.

I think Riley did a fantastic job. It's a shame, however, that this has to be shown on a show called "My Strange Addiction". My wife's shrink insists that my love for diapers is an addiction. Yes, it is not widely accepted, so in that sense it's strange. But to have it put into the same context as eating dryer sheets just isn't right, in my opinion. There are a lot of addictions they've shown that are likewise unhealthy in a physical sense for people - this woman eating dryer sheets is endangering her life. How is wearing diapers and sleeping in a crib endangering Riley or anyone else?

Wow! She wears at least 3 diapers a day!!!! OMG! let's see....3x365= BIG DEAL! Yes, Riley was incredibly brave and did a wonderful job of portraying what may be a lifestyle to some, perhaps an addiction in a way to some, but to an awful lot of us, I suspect, it's a coping mechanism as was glossed over in the show.

My shrink thankfully thinks its not such a big deal that I wear diapers. Just today I was talking about this site (not by name) and about the range of people represented here - he thought it was wonderful that so many people can find a way of expressing their needs. But with my wife, I've got to fight the image of this being an addiction rather than an emotional need. While this is not true of everyone here - I'm in no position to speak for anyone else - neither is it an addiction for everyone. I would find it hard to believe that Riley truly thinks of her way of living as an addiction, but rather that TLC forced those words into her mouth to fit their show's concept. But then, I'll let Riley speak for herself. I've got a lot of respect for her on a lot of levels.

Thanks, Riley, for giving a good honest (except maybe for the 'addiction' part) representation of adult babies.

I agree with you that I don't care to be paired with someone who eats dryer sheets; they just don't seem to belong together. One's a lifestyle choice, the other just seems like a very physically unhealthy bad habit.

But I can see how you could call most of us addicts in that, yes, we are "addicted to diapers" to some degree, and that's going to have an impact on our lives, and if we're not careful it could easily be for the worse if we're not fortunate enough to have a very supportive environment of friends and family or if we don't strike some kind of balance. The acts themselves, in isolation, are harmless, but it's the impact they have on the rest of our lives that can be the problem. And that's not just for people like us; obviously.

For another example, you have kids who are addicted to playing their favorite video games to where they're just neglecting their lives. The game is fine, them loving to play the game is fine, but it becomes a significant issue once it's taken too far and it starts to harm the rest of your existence.

The way I see it, so long as you strike the right balance to where you can have your diapers and also keep living a relatively healthy, productive life, God bless.

Hmmmmm....Lenin makes an interesting observation. Mainly about Ab/Dl folks using this lifestyle as a coping mechanism. I've often wondered what so called 'normal' folks do to cope. I know that most of us don't necessarily have difficult lives but I think we all have times where we just need to find our happy place and relax there for a while.

Obviously some people will adopt a more destructive lifestyle such as drug use and alcohol, but I can't help but wonder just what it is that others do to get by on a daily basis.

Other than booze/other drugs, it could be getting laid, it could be junk food or otherwise your favorite food, and of course if you like TV/movies/video games that sort of thing. Basically finding things that you like to do and finding the time to actually do them.

I agree with you that I don't care to be paired with someone who eats dryer sheets; they just don't seem to belong together. One's a lifestyle choice, the other just seems like a very physically unhealthy bad habit

Look at other shows - most of them have that dangerous/harmless-but-weird combo. Gas huffer/teddy bears, laundry detergent/lifting weights, couch foam/furry, etc... It's almost as much of a theme of the show as pica...

The show really uses the harmful vs weird to slowly introduce and desensitize fetishes to the general public. It won't neccessarily make people support them however this show has done the same formula for a while. I rememebr watching an episode with a looner and the other one was someone who ate coins. Guess which was harmful?! I still think looners are well looney however they're not hurting anyone.

I liked that they mentioned Riley's trans-status, but then went right back to correctly referring to HER and didn't do the rest of the episode with a "well that explains it" attitude. I am sure that not having been able to be a little girl is a part of her AB life, but she is much more than what's between her legs.

• Like 2

I have to say that I think having the dryer sheet person with being an AB was actually helpful. To me it makes it a lot less shocking then something that has major health risks, where as it showed that there really wasn't harm in being an ABDL.

I thought also having two friends was a very good addition as it showed that she was not just a loner with a weird fetish.

There's definitely a hundred different ways we can all analyze the crap out of this episode but I'd suggest just not hanging on to every word, screen shot, musical cue, plot, show name, who the episode was paired with, ect. At the end of the day, I think most of us can honestly say, it was all in all a pretty good show casing of what an ab lifestyle may be like. It wasn't displayed in a very negative, demeaning and bad way at all. They just told the story with subtle dramatic effect. Sure some of was scripted but how else do you make an episode without some direction and what they need to make it.

I think what really came of the whole thing and what the public may see it as is that it's pretty harmless but not for everyone. I'd say most people fantasize about being young again at some point and not having a care in the world. Many people can probably relate to Riley, even those who aren't active ab/dl's. This was no Jerry Springer, no Tyra Banks, no booing crowd in the background show. It's portrayed as harmless to your health, may cost a bit of money to do, may affect relationships, but overall, not that bad.

I'd really like to her from Riley here and see what she has to say about it. Not sure if she's sworn to some secrecy or something (doubt it), but would like to know if those really are her friends, and if it all really went down the way it did.

Okay that plus or minus thing is getting way out of Hand and DD needs to remove it.What is the point of having a post rating when people are abusing it.

do you understand how ignorant your statement was though? You totally deserved it.

• Like 1

ok my only complaint .... hehehe they show she can spend upwards of $450 a month for ab stuff!! so what kind of job does she have she can afford that on top of other living expense adn where can i apply!!!!!!! hahaha

• Like 1