LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Motivation To Work

Needed a reason to work harder, so I bought a new car. It's crazy beautiful and I'm super happy and scared shitless at the same time. 5 years of car payments now, but it will make work worth working :)

I think I see a 2012 Camaro 1 SS, in my future, IF I can get a deal on one.

I have been out driving used ones and I like how they run.

I bought one last week, almost, but before I went thru with the deal I ran a carfax and found a problem so I backed off the deal.

DON'T BUY A CHEVY! I bought a 2000 Monte Carlo SS brand new and had nothing but problems. It may have been a lemon, but things like wiper motors burning out, electric windows not working and the best, the flywheel came off 3 different times! Piece of shit car! I ended up buying an Acura, and have not have 1 issue, knock on wood.

• Like 1

DD - Congrats!

BabyStevie - Sorry about your problems with the Chevy. I just got back from 2 weeks in Detroit and chatted a bit with a GM guy there. Turns out that about $8K of the price of just about any GM car is for UAW retirement payments. Doing the math, the balance has to reached somehow. What I noticed about the Caddies was that typical matainence projects would be so extremely difficult that "only the dealer" could do them. Hmm...

I'm proud to be an American, but I'm looking at a foreign car as my next one as well. I'm saving up for a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagen JTI, at least at this point. I was looking at a Chevy HHR, but they won't be made anymore.

Congrats, Daily Di! I never looked at having to work to make car payments as an incentive, it was more to feed, clothe and shelter my family. :lol: Actually, since 1965, I have only financed three vehicles, the dozens of others I have & have had were all paid for in cash, including my current ($20,000 used,) vehicle that I purchased the morning of 9-11-01.

.....chatted a bit with a GM guy there. Turns out that about $8K of the price of just about any GM car is for UAW retirement payments......
Your "GM guy" appears to be very anti union. Last I saw, it was way less than that. Since neither of us has documented proof, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Your "GM guy" appears to be very anti union. Last I saw, it was way less than that. Since neither of us has documented proof, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yeah, that does not make any sense to me either. Anyways, I am glad someone is buying a new car. I still have my 1997 Mazda. I bought it used from a friend and I have not looked back since. It may be a small and simple car, but it gets better gas mileage than some of the new cars. That said, my car is not very stylish.

I have a 2004 F150 Lightning. And until I can get another truck to match the performance stock its mine. Mines not stock....lol. But, hey still was bad ass stock. Wife has one of those new CTS-Vs. Not the sleak 2 door but the 4 door. But its still a blast to drive.

post-1-0-22569200-1309576834_thumb.jpg

Just over $18k sticker. Got it for 12,900

:thumbsup: Buy what you like and what will make you happy. Heck with others if they aren't happy....:P They don;t have to pay the bills or wash and wax and clean it or live with it....you do, and if you are hhappy, thats all thats important :D

I have a 2001 Mustang that has almost 180,000 on it. It's not new, but it's mine, and I paid cash for it off a Hertz fleet car lot ($20,000 new, mine was $13,250 + tax and license and other BS) I L*O*V*E my pony :D and I'll probably drive it until it falls apart or the wheels fall off. It's been a great car too :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Buy what you like and what will make you happy. Heck with others if they aren't happy....:P They don;t have to pay the bills or wash and wax and clean it or live with it....you do, and if you are hhappy, thats all thats important :D

I agree wholeheartedly. No car manufacturer makes a car that will suit everybody. I have heard good and bad stories about every car in production today.

Personally I love my Tacoma and would kill for a Hilux stateside.

The Hilux does look nice! I considered Suzuki's truck, but honestly couldn't afford it... and I fell in love with the Deep Ocean Blue on the SX4

Had to google what a Hilux was, :wub: I want one!

I've seen a few here in southern california. Santa Monica to be exact.

Snorkel, roof rack, tires... Lots of logos down the sides, with Brazillian plates... I think it's a cross continent challenge that theyre in and Santa Monica must be a check point

DON'T BUY A CHEVY! I bought a 2000 Monte Carlo SS brand new and had nothing but problems. It may have been a lemon, but things like wiper motors burning out, electric windows not working and the best, the flywheel came off 3 different times! Piece of shit car! I ended up buying an Acura, and have not have 1 issue, knock on wood.

The year was the problem, buying a car 10-12 years old, and Chevy has made alot of positive changes past 2008. If I was in the market I'd put my dollars behind Ford. I've always stayed away from the foreign markets, but now after the earth quake and tsunami I would really steer clear of Honda and Toyota for the next 1-2 years

Was more wondering why you picked it over say a Corolla, Mazda3, Fiesta, Sentra or any of the other compact 4 doors around the same price?

Was more wondering why you picked it over say a Corolla, Mazda3, Fiesta, Sentra or any of the other compact 4 doors around the same price?

The SX4 line has more interior leg and head room and is really well appointed. I tried a corolla and felt like a canned sardin just sitting it, while the SX4 is quite comfortable. Also brand loyalty, I had the SX4's predecessor, the Aerio and liked it very much.

The Hilux does look nice! I considered Suzuki's truck, but honestly couldn't afford it... and I fell in love with the Deep Ocean Blue on the SX4

Suzuki's truck is a reskinned Nissan Frontier. The SX4 is a pretty nice sport compact. The only part I really didn't like about it is that the X-brace behind the rear seats means they don't fold down for trunk pass through.

The year was the problem, buying a car 10-12 years old, and Chevy has made alot of positive changes past 2008. If I was in the market I'd put my dollars behind Ford. I've always stayed away from the foreign markets, but now after the earth quake and tsunami I would really steer clear of Honda and Toyota for the next 1-2 years

Gotta disagree with you on that one. Yeah so natural events have happened, but Toyota produces a lot of there stuff in the US as well. I will never drive anything else besides my toyotas. I love them. Never could complain requardless of what we've heard with mechanical problems in the past with them. And the last thing I'd do is drive or put my dollars behind a Found On Road Dead....