LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Losing Confidence To Stay Dry

Whilst I have been wearing diapers occasionally (when I am able to) for several years, over the last few weeks, I have been wearing a lot more, including full time and work and whilst in transit. I generally don't wear at home.

As I have been wearing full time during the day lately, and using my diapers to pee when I need to, even at my desk, I have started feeling quite insecure and nervous in the evenings and some weekends when I am not wearing.

I don't want to become incontinent, and I want to maintain my control. That is why this loss of confidence to stay dry is starting to worry me.

Is this normal? Have other people had similar experiences.

Well, I think it is natural for you to become more relaxed in your bathroom habits. I mean, honestly, I do not know that someone can become incontinent just because they wear diapers. I think the most you have to worry about is how long you can hold it over time. Even then, I am sure that it is reversible. Honestly, I read somewhere that diapers inspire a healthier bathroom habits. I mean, I heard that going more frequently and not holding it as long helps for a healthier prostate.

Personally, I have been wearing for about a year now and the other day I was at work when I had to go really bad. I was counting down my register and I was trying to hold it till I finished counting when I just had to go so bad that I did not know if I could hold it. It came on so strong so fast that I immediately closed my register and ran to the bathroom. Afterwords I was on my way back to the counter I had to explain to my supervisor why I had not finished counting my register down. (it was a little embarrassing) I just told her that I had to go really bad and could not hold it. Now, I will say that I immediately thought about the idea that I could not hold my bladder as long because of the diapers but the truth is, I have always had a weak bladder I guess. I mean even when I was a kid to when I was in highscool, I had a hard time holding it for long periods at a time. I don't know if you can become incontinent just because you use a diaper. :)

I have been wearing diapers for over 40 years and still have to make a the decision wheather to wet or not every time. There are times when I am not wearing that I really wished that I was. It is frustrating to be in the middle of something and have to take a potty break.

I have relaxed more when wearing for awhile & not thought of holding out much. So when I wasnot wearing I had to remember "I wasnot" & go sooner to the potty. Sometimes I'd take a break from wearing to get back to holding it better.

I've been wearing 24/7 for about 6 months now, was reflecting this morning that its more abnormal any more for me to be without a diaper on than it is to be wearing one. That said, I still have to make a conscious decision to release my bladder. I am finding I have to pee more frequently, and theres not really an effort to release anymore once the decision is made,but I still have to consciously make that decision (at least while I'm awake).

I also wear 24/7 and have been for almost 1 1/2 yrs now. I find i still can make the decision to pee or not but i can't hold it anywhere as long as i used to. I have also noted that the amount i pee when my bladder is ready to "bust" is about half what it used to be and i really can't tell when i've stopped. The OP is woried he might become incontinent and doesn't want to, hell i don't even know if i am ( any thoughts would be welcomed on that) but i think all of us who wear worry we might forget we're not wearing and just go. I believe it to be very normal in nature to feel that way. You get used to wearing and using your diapers and when you don't wear you feel as though you will wet your pants.OP when your not wearing just remind yourself of that and you will be fine,don't stress out over a common thing we all share. Your going to be ok.

Lucky you- I have never had the confidence to stay dry :( For me it was always a constant state of bladder awareness and readiness to clamp down in an instant at any time, especially when beginning any physical movement. One moment of inattention and my bladder could let go and sometimes did; and if a big flow started it couldn't be stopped until I was at least half-empty :whistling: Then in my 50's I reached a point where I sometimes couldn't react fast enough or couldn't stop the flow no matter how hard I tried :doh: Pads were fine for awhile, then it got to where I needed more protection so I began wearing diapers 24/7. Generally, I can now hold it better but knowing how accident prone I am I refuse to go undiapered- it's not worth the risk :angel_not: I have good and bad days still, just as I always have had, but now it doesn't matter as much which is which; I'll be OK either way :girl_happy: That's where diapers make me happy- I never have to worry about wet pants ever again (well at least not on the first wetting) :lol:

I attribute my current better holding ability to being able to relax my bladder sphincter more often; I can (and usually do) let a little go when it wants to- I'm not fighting it constantly anymore, so when I want to hold it, the sphincter muscle isn't too tired to be effective ;) My mental stress level is much lower too, having lost that big constant worry of wetting myself for all to see :D But I sometimes have days like yesterday, where I was out in public all day without a good place to change trying to stay dry- and my bladder sphincter wanted to take the day off. Within minutes of getting out of my car a spasm hit without warning and I was quite wet :angry: Of course this would be a day when I chose not to wear plastic panties and my cheap pull-ups with cloth backing weren't going to hold another one like that without them :huh: so my stress level shot up. I got through it OK which is all that matters ^_^

I think that for a lot of people here, a part of us wants incontinence as a way to justify our wanting to wear diapers :o whether we can see that or not! Once you realize that there is no need to justify wearing and prove to yourself that you can do it discreetly, things get better and the worries about becoming incontinent go away. Besides, if you're wearing diapers then incontinence isn't a big issue physically anymore- only the mental issues remain, and they can be handled with a better attitude :) If you like wearing diapers then wear them- there's nothing wrong with it :thumbsup: It's not going to make you become incontinent unless you want it to, and even then it takes a conscious effort to get that way- you have to make it happen or allow it to happen. If it's destined to happen anyway then you're not going to be able stop it, so don't worry about it because worry and stress cause you more harm than diapers ever could :biker_h4h:

Bettypooh

Whilst I have been wearing diapers occasionally (when I am able to) for several years, over the last few weeks, I have been wearing a lot more, including full time and work and whilst in transit. I generally don't wear at home.

As I have been wearing full time during the day lately, and using my diapers to pee when I need to, even at my desk, I have started feeling quite insecure and nervous in the evenings and some weekends when I am not wearing.

I don't want to become incontinent, and I want to maintain my control. That is why this loss of confidence to stay dry is starting to worry me.

Is this normal? Have other people had similar experiences.

I have about the same wearing pattern as you. If you don't wear at home, that should be more than enough... "Exercise", for your bladder. If it even needs any, which is debatable.

I do have to admit, psychologically, I often want to be in your place, feeling that I actually need diapers and would have accidents without them. There's something... humbling? humiliating? about that which I am often seeking out.

"I heard that going more frequently and not holding it as long helps for a healthier prostate."

how exactly does being incontinent help the prostate??

he function of the prostate is to store and secrete a slightly alkaline fluid, milky or white in appearance,[5] that usually constitutes 20-30% of the volume of the semen along with spermatozoa and seminal vesicle fluid. The alkalinity of semen helps neutralize the acidity of the vaginal tract, prolonging the lifespan of sperm. The alkalinization of semen is primarily accomplished through secretion from the seminal vesicles.[6] The prostatic fluid is expelled in the first ejaculate fractions, together with most of the spermatozoa. In comparison with the few spermatozoa expelled together with mainly seminal vesicular fluid, those expelled in prostatic fluid have better motility, longer survival and better protection of the genetic material (DNA)

"I heard that going more frequently and not holding it as long helps for a healthier prostate."

how exactly does being incontinent help the prostate??

he function of the prostate is to store and secrete a slightly alkaline fluid, milky or white in appearance,[5] that usually constitutes 20-30% of the volume of the semen along with spermatozoa and seminal vesicle fluid. The alkalinity of semen helps neutralize the acidity of the vaginal tract, prolonging the lifespan of sperm. The alkalinization of semen is primarily accomplished through secretion from the seminal vesicles.[6] The prostatic fluid is expelled in the first ejaculate fractions, together with most of the spermatozoa. In comparison with the few spermatozoa expelled together with mainly seminal vesicular fluid, those expelled in prostatic fluid have better motility, longer survival and better protection of the genetic material (DNA)

Well I tried to find the article that I read but I couldn't. I was just saying that I thought I read that going to the bathroom more frequently might lower your chances of prostate cancer. I mean everything you said above may be true but what if someone's urine is stronger than normal or stronger than it should be due to diet? I mean, will your prostate adapt fast enough if your urine is more acidic than it should? So my thought was using a diaper would mean your urine would spend less time in your bladder and in return there would be less likely-hood of problems. I am no doctor though. :P I will say I am pretty sure that Holding it in for long periods of time is can actually do damage. If You are in a position at work where you might have to hold it for a long period of time, It would be at that point better to wear diapers anyways. (stating that you can not make it to the bathroom in a reasonable time frame) Not to mention being squishy is fun! :P

*edited a bit because I posted it in a hurry at work*

I've been in diapers 24/7 for all of my adult life. The very few times I have been anywhere without a diaper has ended up with me peeing in my pants. Luvsgurl stated that it takes years to loose all control. I am at that junction in my life. Being somewhere without wearing a diaper is first of all, abnormal for me. Secondly it's a nerve racking and anxiety filled time when I would worry constantly if I would pee in public and most times that is exactly what has happened.

I am not totally bladder incontinent but I have little control over my bladder. The days of being able to control it for hours on end has been greatly diminished by my constant wearing. In the beginning, being able to pee in my diaper without conscious effort was a welcome milestone to me wearing diapers. The old saying of, "Be careful for what you wish for, 'cause it may come true" appears to have done just that. To put this in perspective, the longest amount of time I can go without release of urine has been reduced to minutes instead of several hours. Now when I get the urge to pee, I pee! There is no lag time anymore. The pressure just build s so quickly. I feel like I will burst and I am not talking about the flood gates opening up, I may just release a few drops.

It's funny I hear comments from people all of the time that I appear so confident and relaxed all of the time, gee I wonder if my diapers have anything to do with it?!