LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Po Box With The United States Postal Service

I wanted to know if anyone is familiar with using a PO box with the United States Postal Service? I went to my local United States Postal Service and not only was she rude but she was very short and basically just answered "I do not know!" to most of my questions. I originally asked her if there was another way to ship something besides to my house and she originally said no. Then I asked her what a PO box and she gave me a short general answer and pretty much acted as if I was a bother. Is it just me or does it seem like the United States Postal Service hires the same ass holes as the DMV? (no offense to any DMV or United States Postal Service employees :P) Anyways, I went online to there website and only found pricing for my location.

So I am hoping that there is someone on here who is familiar with using a PO box with the United States Postal Service. I just had a few questions:

1.) If I get small (3"x5.5") PO box at my local USPS location, can I have anything shipped there?

2.) If I had a small PO box, could I have large packages shipped there?

3.) obviously stating that the answer to question 2 is yes, will they just slip a card in my box and keep

the package in the back?

4.) Will the USPS accept packages from UPS or any other mailing service? I am asking because I have no clue

how companies like Abuniverse.com ships there products.

5.) does anyone know if there are any fees involved with shiping a large package to a PO box?

(stating you can)

6.) does anyone have any other ideas of a way to have diapers, boosters...etc shipped besides to my home

address?

Basically, I can not have anything personal shipped to my home address until I move out on my own. Even then, I would like to still have a second source to receive personal packages. At the moment, my mother opens up my bills and mail claiming "she though it was hers and miss read the name". She also knows that I do not generally receive packages and so she will open any packages I receive. She will also want to know what I received if in case she does not just open it. I want to start ordering my diapers online and I also I will be ordering fur and other supplies to start on my fursuit, furry paws, tail, and ears. :P Even though my mom already caught me wearing diapers and knows I still wear, I do not need her opening my packages and seeing them, also I do not want to explain why I am ordering fur and things of that nature. She has no clue that I am a furry, nor what a furry is and I do not care to explain what that is. (not that it is a big deal)

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated. :)

Kato_pup

• Like 1

Check around for a UPS store, they have PO boxes or Fed ex store that might have some as well. There are also a lot of private stores that offer PO boxes and do shipping and mailing etc. Or at least there are around here :P

and if you go back to that post office, you might carry a gun with you ...if yougetthe same bitchy clerk, remind her that you could go 'postal' on her a$$ if she doesn't straighten the %$#@!K UP!

Nice to see how our friggin tax money is used :P

Check around for a UPS store, they have PO boxes or Fed ex store that might have some as well. There are also a lot of private stores that offer PO boxes and do shipping and mailing etc. Or at least there are around here :P

and if you go back to that post office, you might carry a gun with you ...if yougetthe same bitchy clerk, remind her that you could go 'postal' on her a$$ if she doesn't straighten the %$#@!K UP!

Nice to see how our friggin tax money is used :P

Yeah, she was incredibly unfriendly! I mean I went up to the counter and she just looked at me like I was scum! Every answer I got from her was as if she was saying, "how dare you waist my time with your stupidity!" Actually it really made me feel stupid cause I honestly do not know how those things work.

Anyways, I did check out UPS and they charge $60 every 6 months! :blink: That is way to expensive and they said that I could have stuff shipped to there location but they charge $15 every time which is also way to much! The reason why I am so interested in finding out how a PO box works and how it is with USPS is because they only charge $23 every 6 months! I just wish I knew if that would allow me to ship my diapers privately to that location instead of at home. Oh, and I do not think it is legal to carry a firearm into that store...huge sign in front of window! Besides, this pup is afraid of guns! :unsure:

• Like 1

Good topic, Husky. I've been wondering about this for a while myself - for basically the same reasons. Might I also recommend that you check with your local medical supply stores? There is one by my house that will order anything they don't carry in stock with no delivery charge. Of course they will charge a little more than websites in order to cover overhead but of all the options I've found, it's the least likely to give me a headache!

Good luck!

$60 for 6 months isn't bad, thats $10 a month....but the extra $15 to have stuff shipped to your box is BS. I have a PO box at a UPS store and I pay $144 for 6 months (I know..call me qwazy!) :screwy: an dno extra charges for packages. I have had anything from books and models to large boxes of diapers shipped there with no issue what so ever. I think that most UPS stores are franchises, so the costs and prices will be different. So you might check around to different places, There are 3 or more PO box or UPS stores around me that I know of, so I am sure there should be a couple more around where you are to compare prices.

I'm in calif, so things are just more %$#@! 'spensive here, cest la vie I guess....anyways. Keep shopping around, you'll find something that will fit your requirements.

Another thought.....you could have stuff shipped to your work.....well...maybe not diapers :blush: that could suck if they weren't packaged discreetly....

1.) If I get small (3"x5.5") PO box at my local USPS location, can I have anything shipped there?

- Anything shipped USPS

- If it's shipped USPS

3.) obviously stating that the answer to question 2 is yes, will they just slip a card in my box and keep

the package in the back?

- Depends on the size of the package, the USPS Post Office I deal with has some larger mail boxes, if one is available when my package comes in and the box is big enough for it they'll drop a key in my box that lets me get it (kinda like a pay locker key). Otherwise they'll drop a notice in my box and I have to pick it up during post office hours.

4.) Will the USPS accept packages from UPS or any other mailing service? I am asking because I have no clue

- No, USPS shipped packages only

5.) does anyone know if there are any fees involved with shiping a large package to a PO box?

(stating you can)

- No fees other than what the shipper charges you

6.) does anyone have any other ideas of a way to have diapers, boosters...etc shipped besides to my home

address?

- If it's UPS or Fedex have it shipped to "Hold For Pickup" and it will be available for pickup at your local UPS/Fedex depot, they might charge you $5. I also have a shipping center that's right across the Canada/US border that charges me $15/year + $2.50/package and will accept any package from any shipper, but no letter mail. I have my Bambinos shipped there.

• Like 2

- If it's UPS or Fedex have it shipped to "Hold For Pickup" and it will be available for pickup at your local UPS/Fedex depot, they might charge you $5. I also have a shipping center that's right across the Canada/US border that charges me $15/year + $2.50/package and will accept any package from any shipper, but no letter mail. I have my Bambinos shipped there.

Wow, I really appreciate the info! The diapers I want to order is from abuniverse.com and they ship via fedex. I guess that means that I will need to have them sent to the fedex location closest to me. there is actually several near me and I think that there is one that is close to my work that supposedly does way more and is way bigger then any of the others. This is important for me to figure out how I am going to do this because if all works out, I will start ordering all my diapers online. There are actually other stuff that I want to order as well but that will come at a latter date. I am off tomorrow so I think that I will drive up to my local fedex and find out what I am dealing with. I read earlier online when I was doing research, that most companies will not ship to a PO box so I think that is out of the question. My only question is if I ship to "Hold For Pickup", how will they know which location to send it to? I think there are two different locations with in my city and there is another near my work.

My only question is if I ship to "Hold For Pickup", how will they know which location to send it to? I think there are two different locations with in my city and there is another near my work.

SHIP TO: John Doe incare of Fedex store 123 Wayside Rd. Funville, Ga 79854-3647 Exsample of how they would label it; to you but with the store address. Then they have your number or e-mail addy to let you know it came in. WOW I remember renting a PO Box for $10 a year....Darn I'm old.:crybaby:

- Anything shipped USPS

- If it's shipped USPS

the package in the back?

- Depends on the size of the package, the USPS Post Office I deal with has some larger mail boxes, if one is available when my package comes in and the box is big enough for it they'll drop a key in my box that lets me get it (kinda like a pay locker key). Otherwise they'll drop a notice in my box and I have to pick it up during post office hours.

- No, USPS shipped packages only

(stating you can)

- No fees other than what the shipper charges you

address?

I was going to respond, but this is perfect :thumbsup:

@ Duck, Really....... encouraging someone to take a gun into the post office, even if it was joke, really? :bash:

@ Husky While I agree the post office isn't Disneyland. I have dealt with the post office quite a bit in my life. I have never had anyone that bad, exaggerating a bit perhaps? :rolleyes:

@ Husky's Mom, Don't open other people's mail. It is a crime, and well just rude :D

I was going to respond, but this is perfect :thumbsup:

@ Duck, Really....... encouraging someone to take a gun into the post office, even if it was joke, really? :bash:

@ Husky While I agree the post office isn't Disneyland. I have dealt with the post office quite a bit in my life. I have never had anyone that bad, exaggerating a bit perhaps? :rolleyes:

@ Husky's Mom, Don't open other people's mail. It is a crime, and well just rude :D

Yeah, I don't like guns anyways. The sad thing is I really am not over exaggerating at all. I walked up to the counter and told her that I wanted to order something for my room mates birthday (my silly lie to hide the fact I am buying diapers! :P) but that I could not send it to my address or else he might open it. Then I asked her if there was any way I could have it shipped somewhere else like here. (referring to the USPS location I was at) She looked at me for a few seconds and just said "I have no clue. NO, I do not think so." Then I said "so there is no way of having something shipped here instead of my home address?" Then she said "No, just send it to another friends house." Not an option! lol Then I asked about PO boxes and what they are. She said "oh well there just a mailbox, why don't you go over there and look?" Then I asked how much they where and if I could have a package sent to a PO box granted I get one? She said " I don't know sure I guess. there somewhere around $2o or something dollars. Here is an application and the boxes are over there if you want to look." Then I just walked away. the thing is, it was not like I was taking up all her time or I was wasting time because I was serious. I mean I waited all that time in that ridiculous line while there is only one person behind the counter. I just felt like she was short with me the entire time and like I was being a bother.

In regards to my mother, she started doing that because I think she thinks I have some secret lover I am hiding from her or something. lol The deal is, since I came out to my family As being gay, my entire family is freaked out. They try to hide it but my entire family believes that God is coming back really soon and they are afraid that I am going to hell. I mean, just last night, my mom tried to tell me that God may be coming back within he next 5 years! I mean honestly, they do not know (or else they might freak out more) that I really just do not care for religion anymore. I look at what it does to people and I just do not want anything to do with it anymore. Anyways, that is an entire different subject. :P

Anyways, She opens my mail trying to find any letters from someone or find any purchases of like gay things or gay sex toys or something. My mom is very invading and I also caught her They do not know that I think I trying to log onto my laptop. She comes down here while I am gone and searches my room for anything "gay". She even tried getting me to promise her I won't be "gay" for at least a year. lol

Anyways, I am going to the fedex store to ask some questions. I'll keep everyone posted on what they say. :P I just cant wait till I can order my first online diapers! :D

Wow, I really appreciate the info! The diapers I want to order is from abuniverse.com and they ship via fedex. I guess that means that I will need to have them sent to the fedex location closest to me. there is actually several near me and I think that there is one that is close to my work that supposedly does way more and is way bigger then any of the others. This is important for me to figure out how I am going to do this because if all works out, I will start ordering all my diapers online. There are actually other stuff that I want to order as well but that will come at a latter date. I am off tomorrow so I think that I will drive up to my local fedex and find out what I am dealing with. I read earlier online when I was doing research, that most companies will not ship to a PO box so I think that is out of the question. My only question is if I ship to "Hold For Pickup", how will they know which location to send it to? I think there are two different locations with in my city and there is another near my work.

Glad I could help, we live very close to the US border and recreational property on in the US that we can't receive mail at so for the last 20 years we've used a USPS PO Box. Until I started ordering AB stuff I had everything shipped there, I set up my own at that shipping depot which is very, very common this close to the border. Lots of Canadians order from places in the US that won't ship to Canada.

*huggles*

Michelle

So I would have updated my progress earlier today but I was with a friend and let me tell you, it was a crazy, scary day and I will probably post on that later. (maybe in a journal...not sure) Before my crazy, scary day, I actually managed to top by my local UPS store and asked them about other shipping arrangements. They told me that I can use there store address with my name and have it sent there for a charge of $3 per package which is very reasonable! :P the only thing is, abuniverse.com ships via fedex and I will need to make sure they will accept a package from fedex. I may try to find a local fedex store and ask them there rates for shipping to there store. So far it seems like shipping rates to store locations are very reasonable. :P

...now if you will excuse me, I need to change mah bottom! :P I am a soggy pup!

Well after my own visit to the PO yesterday

Ok I take it all back seriously :censored: the :censored: ing post office I will never attempt to be nice to those :censored::censored::censored: ity :censored: 's

:rant::censored::rant:

Ok I take it all back seriously :censored: the :censored: ing post office I will never attempt to be nice to those :censored::censored::censored: ity :censored: 's

:rant::censored::rant:

Well, it was only one person and she was the only person there at the counter. I mean I guess she could have just been frustrated and trying to get the line down or something. :unsure: I mean I was not the only person in line so there was others behind me. I just figured I waited my fair amount of time to ask, and that I earned the time to ask. -_- I do not know but I figure you have to have some kind of customer service working for the postal service right? Anyways, I read that most stores will not ship to a PO box anyways and with UPS being o cheap to ship things to there store, there is no reason to deal with those poopy heads at the USPS. :boxing: It makes me wonder though if all government run companies like the DMV and the Post Office are difficult to deal with since they get your tax money regardless. Maybe that is an unfair assumption to make but it makes me wonder if I would be treated the same way by a doctor if the country would go to a universal health care system? :huh: I mean I am actually interested in a universal health care system but I don't really know how that generally works. :P I will say that it just seems like any government run organization or company like the post office or the DMV generally hires the worst type of people and treat you like scum. Anyways, I will check on FEDEX tomorrow to see what they charge. :lol: