LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tornado!

Step Dad said to keep our shoes on in case we had to make a run for it... Mom said to pack a diaper bag, lol.

Run? Is he crazy?

Your best bet is to get in the basement or crawl space. If you don't have one of those take shelter in an interior closet. The only reason for leaving your home during a tornado is if you live in a trailer.

Keeping shoes on is still a good piece of advice, but that's for the wrong reason.

I was thinking the same thing about your home remodeling :huh: That would have really sucked to go through all that, and have to start over.

You should try and contact the address on the box and tell them what ya got. Might make the news and stuff. Personally not saying debris couldn't have traveled that far, but there are more probable scenarios. Then again don't know where the tornado was relative to you and how long it was on the ground...but anyway..still a cool story :P

When I was a kid, we (my Brother and I) got these sling shot air planes things. Back then they were pretty sturdy plastic, not styrofoam junk. Anyway I was out in the back pasture shooting mine around. On one shot, it suddenly went almost straight up, by the time I blinked it was straight up out of site. I was freaked out by it as it was a nice sunny day. About a week later I was riding my bike over to my grandmothers about 2 miles as the crow flies. When I turned onto her street I saw my plane laying in the gutter near the corner drain. It had been run over a time or two by a car. At first site I was like cool, somebody lost one like mine. When I picked it up, it had my initials on it my dad put on to keep us from fighting over who's was who's.

Now that was a decent updraft. Oh and as a teenager we used to chase the Tornado's when they were close enough to intercept. :whistling: Course they were barely F1's

This guy is Nucking Fut's though! Watch the deer, then him ripping backwards when the Tornado changes direction, it's really cool when it Stalls in the field though! Looks like he was going for a free ride to OZ at the end! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2_czSBSD0&NR=1&feature=fvwp

I was thinking the same thing about your home remodeling :huh: That would have really sucked to go through all that, and have to start over.

You should try and contact the address on the box and tell them what ya got. Might make the news and stuff. Personally not saying debris couldn't have traveled that far, but there are more probable scenarios. Then again don't know where the tornado was relative to you and how long it was on the ground...but anyway..still a cool story :P

If the address on the label is SW of where DD is located, then it's entirely possible. They were all moving NE to ENE and some of them were *very* long-track. The Tuscaloosa storm was reportedly still on the ground in Georgia 150+ miles further along the line and nearly made it to Tennessee...

All the strong stuff has been missing us here in western central illinois. We've had endless rain though, it's getting old. My youngest brother is working for a carnival somewhere in alabama. He doesnt keep contact so I have no idea how he is doing.

When I was a kid, we (my Brother and I) got these sling shot air planes things. Back then they were pretty sturdy plastic, not styrofoam junk. Anyway I was out in the back pasture shooting mine around. On one shot, it suddenly went almost straight up, by the time I blinked it was straight up out of site. I was freaked out by it as it was a nice sunny day. About a week later I was riding my bike over to my grandmothers about 2 miles as the crow flies. When I turned onto her street I saw my plane laying in the gutter near the corner drain. It had been run over a time or two by a car. At first site I was like cool, somebody lost one like mine. When I picked it up, it had my initials on it my dad put on to keep us from fighting over who's was who's.

Now that was a decent updraft. Oh and as a teenager we used to chase the Tornado's when they were close enough to intercept. :whistling: Course they were barely F1's

This guy is Nucking Fut's though! Watch the deer, then him ripping backwards when the Tornado changes direction, it's really cool when it Stalls in the field though! Looks like he was going for a free ride to OZ at the end! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN2_czSBSD0&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Thats a cool video, and I really like the music! any idea who the band is??

The video is an example of what people do when they have a passion and love for something...nothing else matters. It may seem crazy to us :wacko: but to him, it's just something he does and enjoys.

Hope any and all members down south are ok, I heard they had some MONSTER tornadoes down that way.....and people say we are qwazy for living in California and have to deal with the earthquakes!.....at least they aren't 'seasonal'

Unbelievable, report on NPR indicated worst damage and loss of life from storms in 40 years. My wife said she saw a long convoy of high voltage lineman's electrical repair trucks heading south from the Flint area on US23 today. My bet is you'll see them in a long day. Heard that there are over 1M homes without power! My heart goes out to those who have lost everything; or worse yet experienced a death.

Glad you are OK, DailyDi.

Rat

We got hit hard in TN too. We had a funnel cloud go right over the house. It didn't touch down thank god. We still have to replace the roof due to hail damage, baseball size. And of course the cars a trashed :-(

Still I think we got off easy in knoxville. Poor alabamens.

Sounds like the whole South got trashed. Apparently much of Northern Alabama is without power and it make take them a week to get it restored in some areas.

Chattanooga will over a week. Alot of the people I work with wont have power for some time. TVA is working like crazy to get stuff up and running again. I passed a huge line of utility truck headding south on my way into work.

Glad to hear you came through OK thumbsup.gif I was thinking of you as I baby-sat the weather here (you know what I'm speaking of wink.gif ) We got missed but it was close- the Rabun Ga. F-3 cell petered out as it crossed two counties away headed in. Just another all-nighter for me rolleyes.gif I'm almost getting too old for this stuff but I'm too stupid to quit laugh.gif Besides, I like doing it girl_happy.gif

Bettypooh

im up in saint louis, gotta say that was a FUN lightshow i sat through on my front porch while the tornado ripped throguh the airport, and near my work. lol