LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

Thatsmymango, isn't there like a permanent cath that can be inserted that does result in permanent incontinence? I mean, it has to be done by a doctor, and I'm believing that the end result is the same as a spincterectomy.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to try it. But I'd also be lying if I said I was a risk-taker when it comes to stuff like this.

Very interested in trying this out but I have a few questions about it. How many of you have actually tried doing the original method posted? Does cutting a small hole mess up the strength of the catheter when it comes to pulling it out? Any side effects from doing it that you have experienced? I know cranberry juice helps with uti's but do the herbal pills do the same? I really want to try it but I don't want to mess anything up. It's cool to want to experience what it would be like but I know I sure don't want to end up that way for the rest of my life. Just would be interesting to know what a friend of mine goes through daily so I understand more.

... and I think I am a bit like Baby Brian in this respect ...

I think I am the one person that can truly say I'm sorry to hear that, I've been through what you're going through.

I too have never had a problem with letting my catheter drain into my diaper, though I have not had to use a one way valve. It allows my body to heal from all the pushing and staining I otherwise have to do, and better yet it completely eliminates my urges which like you said is a vacation in of its self.

You may have also read some of my other posts, and know I have given up on my doctor's attempts to cure me. I am actively seeking to get a sphincterotomy, but every urologist is so reluctant to do it they always want to put it as a last resort option and try something else. I might be getting close to it though.

Check your settings too. Make sure you're logged in and go to the very top right of the page. Look for your user name and click on the pull down arrow. Click settings and a new page will open. Got the the left of the page and click on notification options. Check or uncheck the options you want for being notified.

• 2 weeks later...

So newbie to the thread here... Tried the "holey catheter" yesterday. My first attempt at cathing mine you... Did my online research and reviewed my notes before insertion.

-Using a latex catheter I cut the hole as recomended.

-Lube and the works

-Inserted cath with no issues

-Clamped the end with a zip tie and cut off the rest of cath

-I dripped continually while trying to change into a clean diaper

So newbie to the thread here... Tried the "holey catheter" yesterday. My first attempt at cathing mine you... Did my online research and reviewed my notes before insertion.

-Using a latex catheter I cut the hole as recomended.

-Lube and the works

-Inserted cath with no issues

-Clamped the end with a zip tie and cut off the rest of cath

-I dripped continually while trying to change into a clean diaper

It very well might be an infection. It only takes five seconds for bacteria to transfer from one object to another. If you hands weren't emaculately clean or the surface you were working off of wasn't clean either then simply putting it in could have made you sick.

If you are still getting the burning sensation by tomorrow morning then you need to go to the hospital. If not, then it was probably just irritation or a reaction to the latex.

Personally I always prefer silicone or silicone coated. They are non-reactive and generally smoother too so they won't irritate as much.

DlJim, while that is an interesting piece the risk of a UTI are much greater as you creating a direct pathway to the bladder. With the modified catheter discussed here the opening is much higher up inside or away from the harmful stuff in a wet diaper. Besides you would not experience that 'leaking feeling' you get with the modified cath.

Ive Been playing around with a few designs inspired from here. Ive also had a few bloody accidents from these tests. Any ways the thing thats making me post is ive found a new design thats unique from the usual here.

• 5 months later...