LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

I\\\'ll admit that I have looked for a way to simulate incontinence with catheters for a while, and I think I\\\\\\\'ve come up with something good. You will need a foley catheter and a catheter plug (or something to plug it).

First step is to inflate the catheter balloon. You\\\\\\\'ll need to do this to a)check the balloon, and b)find a measuring point. Measure from the bottom of the balloon (side closest to the sphincter when inserted) about 3 inches. This is to clear both spheters in the male urinary track. Now, you should be able to see the small tube that connects to the balloon through the catheter when you hold it up to the light. Without cutting into this tube, cut a hole in the side of the catheter at about 3 inches from the balloon. You can use a side cutter or something similar. Now, make sure you clean everything up very well.

Now, plug the catheter, and insert as normal. What will happen is your urine will flow out this hole, and down your urethra around the catheter, so you will be able to feel it. It is a slow leak, and you should be able to stop the flow if you try really hard, but be prepared for you to leak after you stop concentrating. I find that if I sit down, the flow will stop, but as soon as I stand up, look out. Also, you will need something close to a full bladder to do this, as you will need some pressure to force the urine out the hole. One more thing - when you urinate, many things happen inside the body - some muscles relax, other contract. If you attempt to pee just a little bit while this catheter is in, your body will go through the same motions, and your bladder will start contracting. So by trying to let out just a tiny bit of urine, you will suddenly open the flood gates and pee yourself until your bladder settles down. It really is quite the experience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is the worst advice I have encountered on any forum. Your bladder will spasm painfully while pushing urine through the small hole. I had to get a foley recently and it kept getting plugged up from debris in my bladder. When my bladder needed to empty the pain from the spasms became debilitating.

• Like 3

Never thought of plugging the end of the cath and putting hole on the side where it'd be in the penis. Great idea actually. Bladder shouldn't really spasm as it's not really trying hard to push anything out. Will have to try.

Very interesting ideal. I wonder with the end of the cath plugged and the flow staring far up the cath will it limit the risk of infection? Of course we’re looking to run this in to a diaper so infections are a big risk.

• Like 2

OTOH, the natural flushing action of the urine may help to keep the bacteria count down, which is absent in regular catheterization. I wonder if a similar tool could be made without the need to have the defunct catheter at all? Leaving only the foley inflation tube. :whistling:

If as the OP states, you need a more or less, full bladder before the pressure builds up enough to actually "pee" then I can't imagine how an infection would travel it's way up. Would be harder at least anyway since the sphincter by the prostate would be shutting it out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I tried it today and loved the feeling! I normally used a 20fr catheter so I tried this for the first time with a 14fr to allow extra room in the urethra. The feeling of the urine flowing out of my penis was awesome. Normally when I wear a cath, you just feel the diaper getting soaked. Now I can feel it coming out and soaking the diaper. Since I sit a desk most of the day, the other benefit was that the urine was slow to come out while sitting, but standing up after a while from sitting, I could feel it flood out.

Just make sure to cut the hole cleanly so there are no jagged edges to scratch the urethra. Also make sure not to make the hole too big that you risk the chance of cutting away too much of the catheter which may break off when you pull the catheter out. I took care to let my muscles push the cath out rather than tug at it too much.

The other great thing about this method is that I don't have to worry about where the opening of the catheter was in the diaper as sometimes the tube slips too close to one side, therefore creating the possibility of a leak. I will stfep up to a 16fr size next time.

Thanks for the great idea!!!

• Like 2

Tried it today with a 16fr catheter and it felt great! I drank almost a gallon of water at work and went through 4 Abena X-plus diapers (with a soaker) in an 8 hour shift. Only real issue is during the diaper change while my urine continued to dribble out. There's no stopping the flow until the catheter is out. I am so glad I found out about this.

Another added benefit of using a catheter this way is that I cannot even feel the catheter since there is always urine flowing through the urethra helping keep it lubricated. Try it...you will like it.

• Like 1

This might help maintain a sterile field for the catheter while creating the hole. Use a 1\4 inch leather punch that can be flame treated (autoclave approximation) to create a sterile condition. Only the portion of the catheter to be cut need be removed from the sterile packaging and this can be in a sterile environment. Opposite the inflation tube carefully place the punch on the drainage portion of the catheter and firmly press with a wobbling motion into the tube. The cutting surface I use is a hardwood covered with sterile plastic so the blade can cut cleanly though the latex or silicone. Practice on surgical tubing (see attached) or used catheter is advised to get a feel how big a hole will be created. The hole has a beveled edge that is very smooth.

post-9519-0-28219800-1314571542_thumb.jp

post-9519-0-28219800-1314571542_thumb.jp

Sounds good. Couple of questions:

You say "you will need something close to a full bladder to do this, as you will need some pressure to force the urine out the hole"

Do you therefore feel "full" and "needing to go" all the time, or is the sensation like not needing to pee?

And when you've been using it for a while (days?) do you regain control straight away?

I only wear it while at work, so only about 10 hours and then take it out. The most I have worn a catheter is 2 days and had no loss of control after taking it out. You do not need a full bladder as it will drain without being full, especially if you are moving around. I do not feel full unless I have been sitting for awhile. While sitting, the flow is slow due to the position, but when you stand up all I feel is warmth in my diaper as my bladder drains without any straining. If i sit a really long time, especially after drinking alot, I feel the buildup to the point of automatic release, but not anything like a painfully full bladder. All I can say is it is awesome!! I have only tried it with one hole in the catheter. Maybe next time I will try with multiple holes like the picture above.

This sounds realy cool. My problem with catheters was that I liked the feeling of peeing. I have a question. If the hole was smaller would it just keep leaking a little bit but like ALL the time? How wierd would it be to just have a little trickle of pee constantly soaking your diaper?

An aid to catheterization I find is a topical anesthetic spray with 20% Benzocain (First Aid Spray at CVS an OTC product). A few quick sprays numbs the penis and reduces the likely hood of an erection which may preclude or delay insertion of the catheter. The anesthetic takes about 10 minutes to reach its’ maximum effect and lasts for about an hour. During the first few minutes there is a bit of a burning sensation which tapers off. The propellant contains alcohol!

DO NOT under any circumstances spray the catheter

DO NOT spray into the urethral opening – this can not be over emphasized – don’t ask how I know

This forum was the first (and only so far) place that I heard about this. Had something happen for the same time today that really made me feel incontinent. Usually when I diaper change at work in the bathroom with the catheter with the hole (I change while standing) I leave my used diaper over my pants to catch any dripping before pulling the new diaper up between my legs. Well today, after I thought the dripping was to a minimum, I bent down to pull my new diaper up and all of a sudden my bladder let go and i was spraying urine all over the place. There was no stopping it. It was great.

Another question: I'm aware that nappies can cope with much more volume if they are filled slowly. Apart from the report that when standing up after sitting for a while there can be a gush, I undersatnd that most of the time the pee just dribbles out in small amounts. Does that mean that the nappy capacity is used more effectively (i.e all the padding gets wet)? Does this mean less changes per 24 hours needed?

Abandoned test, guess the slices didn't open up enough. Pulled the end cap off to at least enjoy the cath.

Will experiment to find better way to make the hole. I don't have Foleys, just 14fr straight cath, taped to stay in.

Despite the risks (which I do everything to minimize) I want to try this once.

Do you always use 14s? If so, that might be part of why it did not work for you. From above it sounds as if it's best to downsize by a size or two. I tried this a couple of days ago with a 16fr. Usually I wear a 18 or 20fr. It worked marvelously well. I'm very impressed :)