LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

Since I last posted in this thread I've continued to experiment with modified caths; I've come up with a perfect design (for me) for day time but I just don't seem to be able to get it to work properly at night :-(

wow. just, wow. :-) i am glad to see that you've come up with a solution that's non-metal (metal detector proof!) and completely internal (tsa naked-cam proof!) and retrievable! i am sad that it's not working for you at night as well, and though i can offer no suggestions i just wanted to say thanks for the update :-D

even the medical studies on real stents like the surinate show that they migrate in a lot :-(

what did you make the bumps out of? does it hurt when/where you have to pinch and pull the end to get the stent to start coming out?

But at night it doesn't seem to work and I'm not sure why.

When you say "it doesn't work", do you mean the migration issue or does the urine not drain?

Also, it's not the bulb in the bladder that's the issue, it's the ones in the urethra. Anyone got any thoughts?!

How is your design different from other stents, e.g. The Spanner? How do they prevent (or at least slow down) migration?

And: what size catheter did you use?

When you say "it doesn't work", do you mean the migration issue or does the urine not drain?

How is your design different from other stents, e.g. The Spanner? How do they prevent (or at least slow down) migration?

And: what size catheter did you use?

How is the Spanner prevented from migrating into the bladder? Just the small flange that's outside the external sphincter? I just have a hard time seeing how that would be effective. It must be that the external sphincter prevents the flange from migrating inward. So maybe the solution is a catheter with an inflatable balloon inside the internal sphincter (ie the bladder) and another just outside the external sphincter. But that would require knowing how to make one like that...

How is the Spanner prevented from migrating into the bladder? Just the small flange that's outside the external sphincter? I just have a hard time seeing how that would be effective. It must be that the external sphincter prevents the flange from migrating inward. So maybe the solution is a catheter with an inflatable balloon inside the internal sphincter (ie the bladder) and another just outside the external sphincter. But that would require knowing how to make one like that...
The spanner's outer flange deploys after insertion like an umbrella in a sleeve. At that point it's expands to a good size and is held open with a bit of a spring. This prevents the spanner from falling back into the bladder, but also allows the spanner to be pulled out for removal. The real challenge with the bead, bumps, etc is anything you can get past the opening to your uretha is going to make it past the bladder's sphincter pretty easily as it is very flexible.

I have a new idea.

Ideally what we need in a catheter with two balloons. One to sit inside the catheter, one to keep the catheter from calling into the bladder. At this time I've not been able to find such a catheter that would work. There are a couple with either very large gauges, or with the balloons too close together. So it's back to DIY mode.

The best success I've had to date is with pulling the catheter tubbing out as far as possible, cutting the catheter at this point and plugging the inflation tube to keep the balloon inflated, then attaching either fishing line or floss to allow for retrieval and to prevent the catheter from falling into the bladder.

Now since I can take a good sized catheter (24fr) I figure why not try two smaller caths? Say perhaps a 14fr + 16fr at the same time. One going into the bladder, and one attached to the "primary" catheter outside of the bladder with just a small amount of inflation to keep the primary in place and safe.

The challenge... how to join the two caths together? Thoughts so far, krazy glue and heat shrink tubbing. Krazy glue may prove too be too irritating (though it was designed as a stitch replacement, so I'm not worried about toxicity), and I'm not sure about how body friendly the heat shrinking tubbing would be.

Anyone else have any ideas here?

The way I understand balloon catheters to be constructed is this: for the most part it's a ltube with large and a small channel. At the location of the balloon the small channel has an opening to the surface of the catheter. At the location of the small channel's outlet, a ribbon is wrapped around the outside of the tube. The ribbon is galvanized / glued to the catheter at the ribbon's edges so that when it's pressurized through the little channel, the ribbon inflates to a donut shape.

So: in order to get a second balloon to be inflated behind the prostate, one could use the above method to create such a second balloon. But would this work with a silicone coated catheter? Where to get the very thin latex material for the ribbon so that both balloons inflate appropriately with the same pressuriing liquid? Etc.

The way I understand balloon catheters to be constructed is this: for the most part it's a ltube with large and a small channel. At the location of the balloon the small channel has an opening to the surface of the catheter. At the location of the small channel's outlet, a ribbon is wrapped around the outside of the tube. The ribbon is galvanized / glued to the catheter at the ribbon's edges so that when it's pressurized through the little channel, the ribbon inflates to a donut shape.

So: in order to get a second balloon to be inflated behind the prostate, one could use the above method to create such a second balloon. But would this work with a silicone coated catheter? Where to get the very thin latex material for the ribbon so that both balloons inflate appropriately with the same pressuriing liquid? Etc.

I've decided to try the sugru modified catheter that nappyboymids described. Instead of having a bump just inside and outside my bladder I'm going to try and modify it some so hopefully it will stay in place better.

Ok, the 22fr and larger bumps turned out to be too much, even for me. I could get it into my urethra and I could tell inserting it was stretching me out (the bumps were about 50% larger in diameter than the catheter). I was able to get it past my external sphincter but not my internal. Given my recent bladder botox injections I know my sphincter is really tight to the point I can't pee without pushing; so not getting it past there makes sense. Upon removing it I also had a bit of blood, and peeing afterwords burned.