LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Got Seen Buying

I know this has type this has been posted before, but I had to tell the experience. I was in Walgreen's yesterday buying some diapers and was at the checkout lane when a girl I know from college comes walking in right as the cashier scans the diapers and outs them on the bagging counter. I'm not exactly sure if she saw then, but it was kind of hard to miss. Plus their was several people behind me when I checked out. The guy behind me came out of the store as I was walking to my truck and when I turned around to get in he gave me a really weird and shocked look! I should also state that the young man behind the counter failed to put the diapers in a bag, so I just walked out the door with them all in the open. I'm guessing he did not know what they were or he would have ate least bagged them. But I did not let it bother me as I was in a very wet diaper already and need to get home and get a change. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

YOU were far more bugged and paranoid by buying, in public, a product that is frequently bought by any number of people, that is totally legal, moral and not fattening, and has a huge market. Good gosh. It's DIAPERS. It's absorbent underwear. Who CARES about what OTHER PEOPLE think? It's not like you can control their reaction...

I might add that guys get all bugged and creeped out by being asked to buy tampons and sanitary napkins for their GF/SO/wife at the worst times, when she's in her worst mood, and out of "love", or whatever, simply go out, in any kind of weather, at any time of the day or night, and make the purchase, humiliated, head down, with plenty of self-loathing and anger toward her for being so lazy in NOT being priorly prepared(!) - every time she makes that kind of request! Big galoot! LOL

So, you got seen buying. It is the reaction YOU have that predicates the reaction you GET from other people. If you don't care, they won't. And, remember, Bucko, it's YOU buying the diapers, not THEM...

• Like 1

We are all guilty of wasting time wondering what people think of us. We stress over what they may think, how they will react or what they may say. I know I am not alone when I say that on many trips to the pharmacy to buy diapers, I would spend huge amounts of time casing the place. I would go where no one I knew would see me. I'd drive through the parking lot to see if I saw any cars I knew and when I finally got up the nerve to actually pick up a package of diapers, I'd sweat it out until I was safely out of the store. What a waste of time!

The focus is not on what others may think, it is what you think. People shop at the pharmacy for many reasons and the fact that you may be there buying diapers is no care or concern of theirs. Yes, it would be embarrassing and awkward to run into someone you know, but then again most people wouldn't say anything about it at the time.

Most bags now are to small for a pack of diapers either they rip or cause a bigger scene bagging them.The looks you got maybe from he thought he knew you or him thinking "That guy isn't nerous about buying diapers so why should I be?." I agree about worrying over it is a waste of time. Even tho I did for the first few times.:blush:

Since I use store brand diapers being seen purchasing diapers is my biggest fear :( I am involved with a couple things where the wrong person seeing me could bring me a lot of problems :crybaby: which I'd rather not deal with <_< Trouble is easier to avoid than to deal with, so I try to avoid it! :thumbsup:

I just buy diapers during my regular shopping trips, getting my diapers last ;) That way if I see someone I'm keeping this away from in the store, I can simply return later. That still doesn't cover me if one of them comes in as I'm checking out, but whatever :rolleyes: I need diapers; I buy diapers; I wear diapers- just like a lot of other people do B)

Bettypooh

Betty why don't you try buying on line thus avoiding being seen?

My weekly purchase isn't a big deal to me- except for the money :) I get 20 pull-ups for under $10 retail tax and all :D Gathering the dough to buy a case would be hard as poor as I am :( and then you have to add shipping :o The store I buy at is closeby and a place I like to support with my shopping dollars- it's my fave because of the nice people who work there :thumbsup: The odds of the wrong person coming in while I've got diapers in the cart is pretty small so I don't let it worry me much :P It's just a possibility- about the same as me winning the lottery :roflmao:

Bettypooh

Once when checking out at a walgreens i had bought some diapers just because a shipment that i ordered online, was delayed. The check out girl smiles giggled and asked if they were for me.... I just said maybe they are, maybe they aren't and smiled back. Nothing else happened, but i found it amusing.

first time i ever bought i bought diapers, bottle, pacifier, wipes, juice, powder... at wal mart... the girl checking me out was a classmate of mine..... she didn't say anything, didn't make any unusual comments or faces... neither did it..... we chatted about class while she rang me up, i took my stuff and left....

i'm pretty sure the 'weird look' was all in the OPS head.. the guy who gave you the 'look' was probably jsut freaked that you had whipped around and stared right at him! maybe he had just bought women's underwear, lube, and ben and jerry's and thats how he gets off!

You can always just make up a cover story. Mine used to be "I hate buying these for Grandma." Then I just quit caring.

One time recently, I bought some diapers at the store and had a coupon. The lady at the register had to look back in my bags to make sure I did purchase them.

Nobody really cares, and if they do, it's THEIR problem.

I agree it was totally in your head. Course if u r nervous u can come up with a well crafted cover story as babytara suggested..have a list in hand and ask loudly for a receipt as soon as they ring up the diapers as if them touching it reminds u of it... I did this one time and the lady actually said "of course, I didn't think they were for you" and smiled. I smiled back and said "no no"

That's the beauty of being 61 yrs old. Now when I buy diapers the checkout people automatically think they are for me, and none ever react or makes a comment. (The other day when I bought a case of women's pull-ups for my mother-in-law. At Costco, no body pays any attention to what you buy.) I fully agree with many of the other posts on this issue. What other people think of you is pretty inconsequential. I have always used the test of "could this person have any influence on the outcome of my life?" If the reply is no or unlikely, I pay little attention to what they think. Nevertheless, I always try to treat people with respect, no matter what the interaction is. So far it has worked.

Peace.

Rat