LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is There A Diaper Comparable To The Small Bambinos

I was wondering what diaper is closest to the small Bambino! I bought my wife small Bambinos a while back and we are almost out. They fit her perfect and was wondering what diaper would be best for her???

When Bambino Classico Small first came out I tried them. I liked them enough I bought a case. They were fun and fit me fairly well, but I always felt the landing zone was too stiff.

Since 1981 I have been wearing what these days is called Attends Youth Briefs. Back then they were called Attends Small. These are classic poly-plastic outer layer with 2 sticky tapes per side. The poly-plastic layer is very much like the shell of those early Bambino Classico Small and the tapes are also similar. Inside the Attends Youth there have been some improvements over the years.

I am urinary incontinent, so when I evaluate disposable diapers I do not consider if they are babyish. What I want is proper fit, enough capacity to last 4 hours when I am awake and 6 hours when I am in bed. To me any more capacity is wasted because I am going to change that frequently simply because I do not want to wear a wet diaper any longer. Never since 1981 has an Attends Youth failed to last long enough for me. I am used to the feel and long ago I figured out exactly how to position those 4 tapes for effective fit on me.

ABU has never made a disposable small enough to fit me. I have tried them, but at the waist ABU Medium have tapes which nearly meet in the middle. The leg holes do not snug enough on me. To me a diaper that leaks is useless.

• Like 1

I was wondering what diaper is closest to the small Bambino! I bought my wife small Bambinos a while back and we are almost out. They fit her perfect and was wondering what diaper would be best for her???

Well, I was going to be all smart a$$ and just say "why not just stick with what works" and get more bambinos. But, then I did some digging and found that they are not available in smalls :blush: so I did more digging, before I stuck my foot in my bill, and came across a couple of things.

Magic medical has a "youth" section of products for that size category, and in there are listed Molicares brand, which has a youth and small size.

Attends, of coarse, but their quality doesn't hold a candle to bambinos, so they would be a waste of time and money :P

Molicares have smalls in their 'classic" (white) line and supers and super plus (both purple) everyone knows about the super plus', but not to many people write about the supers. I wasn't to comfortable with the super plus's, (they seemed to stiff) so I tried the next step down for something more discreet, and the supers worked great! :D I just didn't like the %$#@! tapes...UGH! But they are a good alternative to Bambinos and they are available in small sizes.

Popping over to XP medical, they have Abena Supers in youth Xtra small, and smalls in both the supers and Abena X's. I havn't tried the supers, but I do really like the Abena X's, really great product. The Abena supers might also be a good replacement for the bambinos you use, they aren't as bulky as the "X's, and might have a trimmer fit, but will hold a good amount as well. There have been a couple reviews around here about the Abena Supers, all very favorable. I think the tapes are better also, well...better then the molicares anyways :P

XPmedical also carries Molicares in small, and in sample packs, so you can get a sample of both and try them to see which one works better for you :)

I am sure there are a couple more vendors out there who carry other products you might try, I just can't remember them :blush: I usually order stuff from bambino, or XPmedical and occasionally Megicmedical, as they seem to have the best selection and pricing.

hope this helps

As another small wearer, and having tried Bambino. I think as far as absorbancy and fit I would go with Abena X-Plus. They have the same type of cut and fit as Bam's did. Other than that I wear Molicare small and the fit is a bit different and a bit bigger cut for the legs as both Abena and Bam's cut into my legs a tad. As Duck said they make a Classic in a small, but they are blue, not white. They are half the absorbancy as well as half the price. Another you might want to look into is Tranquility ATN's They have a good small as well. Depending on how small your wife is I would stay away from the Youth diapers as they usually are made to fit a 24" and below hip/waist. Small will go up to a 30ish" waist, some a bit more some a bit less.

If memory serves me correct Bambino said their small went up to a 34", which wasn't even close. So I would just stick with the smalls. Angela pointed out the Attends, I posted on them a while back. Someone was selling a whole case of them shipped for $25, but I just checked and he isn't listing them right now. He had 10 cases, so he may relist soon. While they work for some, I thought they were the worst diaper in the world, well they were great when that's all I could get. :thumbsup: but once I wore a Molicare, the price difference was more than worth it. I concur with Duck, Magic Medical has the cheapest price on Molicares that I have found.

When Bambino Classico Small first came out I tried them. I liked them enough I bought a case. They were fun and fit me fairly well, but I always felt the landing zone was too stiff.

Since 1981 I have been wearing what these days is called Attends Youth Briefs. Back then they were called Attends Small. These are classic poly-plastic outer layer with 2 sticky tapes per side. The poly-plastic layer is very much like the shell of those early Bambino Classico Small and the tapes are also similar. Inside the Attends Youth there have been some improvements over the years.

I am urinary incontinent, so when I evaluate disposable diapers I do not consider if they are babyish. What I want is proper fit, enough capacity to last 4 hours when I am awake and 6 hours when I am in bed. To me any more capacity is wasted because I am going to change that frequently simply because I do not want to wear a wet diaper any longer. Never since 1981 has an Attends Youth failed to last long enough for me. I am used to the feel and long ago I figured out exactly how to position those 4 tapes for effective fit on me.

ABU has never made a disposable small enough to fit me. I have tried them, but at the waist ABU Medium have tapes which nearly meet in the middle. The leg holes do not snug enough on me. To me a diaper that leaks is useless.

Interesting that the Youth size had remained a good product, where the adult sizes have gone downhill. I often wonder if the larger size IS the problem with the mainstream brands. They spread the SAP throughout the padding, putting much of it in places where the urine doesn't reach. Not enough focus on the "flood zone."

Interesting that the Youth size had remained a good product, where the adult sizes have gone downhill. I often wonder if the larger size IS the problem with the mainstream brands. They spread the SAP throughout the padding, putting much of it in places where the urine doesn't reach. Not enough focus on the "flood zone."

Daily and DD members,

I bought many boxes and later bags of Attends Small disposables when P&G still owned them. I have continued to buy the same product number after P&G sold to what is now Attends Healthcare Products and the product name was changed to "Youth" Over the years, and it will be 30 years this August, the size of the diaper and the location of the sticky tapes has remained the same. The poly-plastic has not appeared to change from batch to batch, so if that did change it was very subtle.

The inner barrier layer and absorbent core has changed from time to time, but never in ways that disturbed me. No Attends disposables are especially ABish. They are intended for incontinent people of all sizes. Although P&G tried to market both to institutions and to consumers, in the USA P&G never had a true institutional care giver focused sales team. P&G has excellent sales reps dealing with retail stores. The new owners of Attends brands had no retail experience and were the largest maker of institutional disposable products, which included underpads and diapers.

My experience is that even more than P&G, Attends Healthcare Products understands the needs of incontinent people, especially in an institutional setting. For example, they still manufacture poly-plastic outer layer diapers with sticky tapes because those are what the professional care givers prefer for patients who are in bed. AHCP also makes cloth-like briefs and underwear for users who move around and do not always need a care giver.

I do wear more Attends Breathable each year than I do the Youth. The reason is that I only wear Youth in bed and when I am so sick I lack bowel control. When I travel I carry Youth for use in hotel/motel beds. I also carry Breathable for situations where I am awake and for various reasons cannot use my preferred slip-in disposable pads.

As I have explained many times, even hd the Bambino Classico or ABU fit me, because they are disposable they do not help my personal AB fantasy. Only gauze diapers fit my fantasy and I do not relax as an AB when traveling.

The thing about Attends is that they have always made disposables fitting from less than 18" to 30" hips.