LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

In My Ear!

so i went to the drs with what i assumed was just an ear infection...

turns out i have cellulitis IN MY EAR!!! and if its not better by friday i have to go get iv antibiotics!!!!

im falling apart

Ouch, Sarah, that doesn't sound Good at all. Hopefully you don't have to get an IV full of antibiotics. I hope all goes well, & you get better Soon! *Hugs*

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

oh my god ewwwww ear drops are NOOOO FUN!!! i jus wanted to shake my ear and make them come out and it HURT!!!!!!!!!!

between the ear drops, the cream w/ steroids in it, and the antibiotics this thing better clear up by friday! i'll be PISSED if i have to have iv antibiotics

oh my god ewwwww ear drops are NOOOO FUN!!! i jus wanted to shake my ear and make them come out and it HURT!!!!!!!!!!

between the ear drops, the cream w/ steroids in it, and the antibiotics this thing better clear up by friday! i'll be PISSED if i have to have iv antibiotics

IV = intravenous liquids.... "I'll be Pissed" ....ha ha, your too funnies.. :roflmao:

Owie Sarah! no fun. I had a bad case of that in my leg after a spider bite, and my daughter had it from the same thing a couple years later on her diaper line. She was hospitalized for a week with antibiotic IV's and all that. Cellulitis is no small thing. It's essentially an abcess... and is painful as heck. Hope your ear gets better soon! Mine wasn't properly treated (thanks to an incompetent quack who saw me once and said, not brown recluse bite so here have some keflex and then refused to see me again even when my leg swelled like a softball) and grew to the size of one of those big shooter marbles with crazy swelling around it before it burst through the skin one day. My mother completely ignored me about it, I'm really lucky that after it burst it healed up ok, but I still have a bad scar. I remember being really into herbal medicine as a teenager, and combining a calendula/plantain poultice (I don't remember all of what I put in it, a lot of herbs with antimicrobial properties) and applying that repeatedly for a few days while the hole granulated. That's probably what kept it from getting gangrene or something since I had no antibiotic ointment or anything, just that and bandaids. Be sure and take those antibiotics religiously... and get better soon!

Why is the Dr. using antibiotics to treat an inflammation? Especially given the short useful lifespan of any given antibiotic which means you do not want to toss them around willy-nilly. I usually, (with the Dr's OK) use mega-doxes of aspirin or some other (Non Steroidal Anti Inflamatory Drug). Failing that we go to a catabolic steroid (but hate the mood swings and bulemic-like reactions) and I tend to get inflamed quite easily. I have had a long standing case of sinusitis, optic nerve inflamation, bleferitis, and tendonitis. These are not to be confused with sports steroids: Those are anabolic steroids

cellulitis is an infection which like most bacterial infections can cause inflamation .... given mine is inches from my brain it is being treated with vdry strong antibiotics

Not a doctor (not even played on on TV) but have medical training so going to put my $0.02 in...

You'll need to think back if you've been in the woods, because cellulitis mistaken for Lyme disease. It's much less likely in the cold months, but an ear is a tick might find it enjoyable. It would also be hard to spot a "bullseye" rash there because of the difficulty looking at the area "zoom out." Also not everyone gets the bullseye rash. Either case, if you're paranoid, like I would be, see if you can score a blood test for Lyme. The reason I'm paranoid about Lyme is that it is a BITCH to treat if diagnosis is delayed... I've known people dealing with trying to beat it for almost a decade! In all likelihood you have NOTHING to worry about, especially since this is in the cold part of the year. But if you've been to the woods or had exposure to animals, it might be worth checking into...

OK, now I'll go back in my corner with my tin-foil hat and tell everyone that RIAA is spying on them via Skynet.

Hope I didn't scare you...

had to go back to the doctor, more blood work and a new antibiotic, this one used to treat not only anthrax, but mrsa, malaria and endocarditis.... along with my infection... oh yay!!!

Maybe that means it's the good stuff and it will kick the bacteria's butt! Me, I'm on plain ol penicillin, but my infection in my mouth isn't the same sort of nasty stuff that can cause your cellulitis. I just got off of antibiotics last week for a UTI, I just can't win lol!

i'm allergic to the cillins..... last time i took it when i was 14, almost had to be intubated...

but apparently cellulitis calls for the stronger stuff, especially when its inches from my brain.... and appears to be spreading!

well i have such an awful reaction to the new antibiotics, after just three doses i was vomiting like twice an hour, and pooping the same ammount, Dr. Douchbag (not my regular PCP, he's just filling in) told me he wanted me to stay on it thru the weekend and hopefully the symptoms would pass.... so i said fuck that (i didn't say that to him....) but i said fuck that, i'm going to go back on the old antibiotic, and if i get worse i'll go to the er, otherwise i'll call my dr. on onday and tell her what i did. and that i never want to see that dr. again.

soooooo while my stomach and bowels settle back down, i'm hanging out in bed with vicodin to comfort me.

Plug the other ear and both nostrils. Place one hand on the top of your head, and the other under your chin. Then, squeeze sharply. The cooties should come squirting out just like popping a zit. A painfully-burning, non-stop gushing firehose-stream of frothy, warm, slightly steaming pink and white-ish gooey "chicken noodle soup"-looking semi-gelatinous material should exit the ear. No problem. And if that doesn't work, shove a circular wire brush into the ear canal, and simultaneously rotate and scrape against the flesh. Using a circular drill or Dremel Tool is helpful.

Plug the other ear and both nostrils. Place one hand on the top of your head, and the other under your chin. Then, squeeze sharply. The cooties should come squirting out just like popping a zit. A painfully-burning, non-stop gushing firehose-stream of frothy, warm, slightly steaming pink and white-ish gooey "chicken noodle soup"-looking semi-gelatinous material should exit the ear. No problem. And if that doesn't work, shove a circular wire brush into the ear canal, and simultaneously rotate and scrape against the flesh. Using a circular drill or Dremel Tool is helpful.

[Loads a Q-Tip in my dremel.] "Well, it was on the internet!"

Oh dear gods no, that was a bad idea! I know firsthand that it's really icky looking. The contents of my case of it were green and snotlike... it ain't pretty. And Sarah, I'm right there with ya. The previous antibiotic I was on made me so nauseated I could barely eat anything and slept with a bucket by the bed for a week, not to mention a case of the runs. I'm just hanging out in bed with my Vicodin and cups of pureed soup. Hopefully the plain penicillin I'm on now won't do that. Good luck... I feel for you. And that fill in doctor is dangerous... telling a person to continue taking something that is making them frequently vomit for an entire weekend could kill them if the electrolytes get all messed up. In my experience when an antibiotic causes that, it only gets worse not better. Talk to your regular doc ASAP or if you get sicker go to the ER. I hate it when doctors don't listen, especially with something like that. :bash: *hugs* Feel better soon.