LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu New Diaper!

It's obviously a reprinted Secure X-Plus (still has the tape panel). I wonder if that's a prototype and the other versions won't have that medical waistband?

Otherwise, pretty neat. Secure's are also the medical version of Bambinos, so it'll be cute to have another babyish diaper that's of good quality.

The site is unresponsive for me :/ Slashdot effect? :P

Would anybody care to expand with a description of what was shown? Have ABU actually acknowledged this story themselves?

Yes they acknowledged it during their webcast, But I haven't seen them myself yet. From what they said it is supposed to be the most absorbent diaper yet, better than molicare, wellness, bambino, and their line. They said they were tested to hold 4 liters of water, at which point they weighed about 9 lbs.

Yes they acknowledged it during their webcast, But I haven't seen them myself yet. From what they said it is supposed to be the most absorbent diaper yet, better than molicare, wellness, bambino, and their line. They said they were tested to hold 4 liters of water, at which point they weighed about 9 lbs.

The photo of the diaper though is clearly a printed Secure, which is the same thing as a Bambino... and we know there are thicker diapers then Bambino, such as a Drys, Abena, etc.

Am I reading that price right on that site - 179,50 € which = $252 for a case???

Translation of text on there:

1 carton, 10 packs / 100 pieces including postage € 179.50

So, comes out to $2.52/diaper.

I'm sure ABU will have their own pricing but I'll be disappointed if they're really much more expensive then Bambinos or Secures, because they're the same diaper.

Uh, it says SECURE right on the waistband. It IS a secure.

Yep, looks to be another re-branded Secure. I guess they are trying to move in on Bambino. Though it doesn't make since to me as Secure and Bambino are actually owned by the same guy. Maybe Bambino will buy out ABU.

Actually, after taking a close second look at that photo and the Secures I have right now, that isn't even an X-Plus, it's a Plus, which is about half as thick as a Bambino. If you look closely at that pic, the number in the little 3 circles is a "2" which indicates the absorbancy levels. Plus's are a 2, and X-Plus are 3. Another difference that indicates which kind they are the color. Xplus's have purple writing, Pluses have blue. I don't have any Plus's right now in my possession but I do have a X-Plus.

Here is a photo for reference in case anyone cares of a Secure X-Plus. I just took it.

112hniq.jpg

This really disappoints me. I like the baby prints and would love a super thick one. But a Secure Plus is about the thickness of an Attends diaper. :/

Lets be honest with ourselves too - what is the point of a diaper holding 4 liters. If you have a diaper on that holds 4 liters and you actually urinate that much well then you may have an issue. Or, if you are wearing a single diaper for a long enough period of time to urinate 4 liters then that is sort of unsanitary in my opinion.

I think the top adult diapers out are plenty absorbent - I mean how absorbent do you really want a diaper? Bambinos, Secure, Molicares, Dry 24/7 etc hold a ton more than most people urinate in 3-4 times.

I dont know - weird how they overlayed a secure plus diaper though.

I'm sure it's just a prototype at this point.

Even if it's a prototype, it still stands that the Secure Plus is hardly the "4L capacity" they are bragging about, and it's obvious that that's the diaper they are using. :-/

@AdrianSurley and LuvsGirl I agree with you. I feel like whoever is doing the marketing for these diapers, figured out what the most absorbent diaper on the market is and just upped that number a little bit in order to have bragging rights. In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if that number was completely made up, especially after finding out what kind of diaper it is.

Actually I'm not sticking up for them. But when your prototyping anything, the outside appearance isn't a determining factor of quantity or quality. It is quite possible the machine that makes Bambinos and Secures is the same and only machine that is capable of producing this style and variation of diaper. That being said the plastic covering isn't a indicator of anything. The main sheeting that is printed is different and separate than the landing zone tape panel. They are loaded into the machine in different spools. It is quite feasible then that they had a test roll made of their print plastic shell but have yet to decide what they are going to do for the taping panel.

I can even guess that perhaps they could have a translucent blue or pink added there as that would target a market that has been requested to make the diaper gender specific. That is merely a assumption of course. :whistling:

Back to the machine itself, like I said. It is entirely possible that this machine is able to have the adjustment and guide spacing needed to allow the extra "fluff and stuff (SAP)" that they are claiming so that could explain their figures. And they just had a spare (possibly defective) roll of the landing zone adhesive plastic at the factory. Either that or all the negative claims may be true...who knows? But couldn't you let them get the thing to market before we send this new one to demise? :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thats a picture of a secure plus with the old style print tape panel. I have a couple of those left, and I really like them, very colorful :)

I bought some of the new ones and the tape panel has green hearts and block on it instead....this is all just an FYI.

Th epic also shows what looks like a diaper that has been packed with extra SAP and or pulp filler or something, since the secures dont look that "full" so maybe they are 'trying' to go the route of a "higher capacity" with more SAP etc. but if thats the case....let me ask...would you "WANT" to be wearing something that holds 4 Liters :o I mean......thats a Hell of a lot of pee. We sell 2 liter bottles of soda at work, and I have to carry them when I go on a delivery, and they are HEAVY. Sometimes I have to carry 2 or more...it gets a bit tiring lugging those things around to a delivery site. I had to carry as many as 6 or more.....thats a lot of weight. A diaper with a 4 liter capacity???? I seriously doubt it. The dry 24/7's don't even hold that much, and they hold a LOT!

and, now would you want to be wearing something that would be THAT full and heavy in your pants or under your dress?? :blush: I mean it might be nice to just totally "let go" but we have drys for that...or Molicare Supers plus' and abena X/s for that.....4 liters is a hell of a lot, and I really doubt that they have the ability to create something that will achieve that. Either the tapes would give out or the thing would just stretch and fall down before you changed :P

This is another reason for me to detest ABU, aside from their fraudulent behavior regarding the supposed "booster pads" that turned out to be commercial absorbant materials that are not intended for use in absorbing human waste....to over exaggerating their frigging products performance.

Someone speculated that Bambino could buy out ABU or take them over....I think this woul dbe a plus, since as far as I am concerned ABU jujst keeps getting worse and keeps giving the community as a whole a black eye :P

I wouldn't trust this as far as I could throw it...I don't really care....

AS far as I am concerned ABU is a total waste of time as a vendor and company.

It's strange, I still can't access that site. I have to go through an anonymising proxy to see it :rolleyes: For anybody else having problems, this is the picture

Yes, it's very clearly a Secure Plus diaper underneath. The all-over printing is a nice touch but I don't particularly like the pattern. The big website URL across the front looks a bit cheesy IMO. It's a diaper, not a billboard :P. Make the animals cuter, lose the URL and switch to a Secure X-Plus base and they'll have a winner.

The 4L absorbency thing is an age-old trick of the diaper manufacturers, particularly the European diaper manufacturers. They perform a 'dunk test', literally dunking it in a tank of water and then call that volume the absorbency. Obviously this doesn't reflect how much the diaper absorbs in the real world. The Abena M4 has a quoted capacity of 3.6 litres and the L4 claims 4 litres, both of which are ridiculous too (link).

Though it doesn't make since to me as Secure and Bambino are actually owned by the same guy. Maybe Bambino will buy out ABU.

Makes perfect sense to me - Gary Hirsch's products are still very much a North American thing and haven't made major inroads into Europe yet, bar a few small-scale sellers. Partnering with a European company would be a logical next step to diaper world domination :lol:.