LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Much Do You Think Your Background, (Or How You Were Raised) Influenced You Into Being Into This Lifestyle?

I was one of those kids who couldn't stop playing long enough to use the bathroom. I don't remember peeing my pants, but I used to poop them (age 5 or 6). My parents would threaten to put me back in Pampers. I think the threat turned into my fetish. Funny thing though, I never poop my diaper. I still have trouble peeing in them. I have been facinated with diapers since I was 5.

Joey

I was well raised in a standard nuclear family, potted trained at 3, never wet the bed and never really had any more than normal 'day time accidents'.

But i can remember wanting to wear nappies and be a baby again from the age of 5, where it comes from i dont know.

I dont have a younger brother, so it wasnt over envy of attention.

I have no idea.

I was born with it :P

• Like 1

I fall into the Mayberry camp here. I had two great, supportive, loving parents, I was an only child and had lots of attention. None of the usual bogeymen, no abuse, no pressure, and no traumas. Nadda. I used to think that maybe I felt pressured into growing up, but after some honest introspection I'm not so sure.

I do have some memories of being in diapers and being potty trained around 3 yrs old. I distinctly remember not wanting to give my diapers up. I can remember being jealous of my younger cousins still in diapers, but I don't know how much if any this contributed to my desires? Perhaps I just liked the way diapers felt, or the attention of getting changed and wanted more? But that line of reasoning comes close to sounding like "I liked fried chicken as a kid and I never got to eat enough chicken and now as an adult all I want is fried chicken. How could my parents do that to me!?!?" when maybe the answer is really something more like "All my life I've loved fried chicken - couldn't get enough as a kid and still can't"

So with that in mind I'm going with the born with it crowd. I used to be really concerned with the why? Why am I this way, why do I want what I want. I spent a lot of time, effort and energy trying to find out why I have the feelings I do.

I think that need to know why we are not 'normal' drives a lot of people to draw conclusions not from a preponderance of evidence, but out of a desire to have a handle on the situation. Understanding why can help you chase the guilt monster away - it's almost like a backhanded form of acceptance. "Well yeah this is freaky, but in my case it is understandable because I can explain why I am this way"

At age 63, I'm in therapy to get out of the rut of being compliant to others at the expense of my own feelings - which I've always suppressed. Given that, I do a lot of thinking about what brought me to diapers (well into middle age, btw).

Mayberry, Ozzie and Harriet, however you want to say it - yes, my childhood was pretty good. I was, however, the 'baby' of the family and was reminded of that quite a lot but not in any abusive way. My mother ruled the roost (Dad was on in sales and on the road a lot) - and didn't give much room for individual thought or action. We moved when I was 7 and I remember wetting the bed a couple times at least, but with no horrible repercussions.

My first marriage was very bad and my experience of suppressing my feelings was only compounded. By the time I got to my second marriage, it was all just part of who I was.

So what brought me to diapers? I've also got a cross-dressing and bondage slant to things - so what brought to me ALL of this? Is it that I haven't had much input into my own life, so all this just mirrors my own reality? Is it that I sought diapers as a way of getting the nurture my mother probably didn't give me? Was the cross-dressing to please my mother who verbalized her wishes that she'd had a girl? Was it all a way to please my mother - and maybe the other females in my life - or maybe a way to justify the personality I'd taken on - somewhat 'helpless' in relation to others? Is it something I enjoy for some sensory, tactile reasons (which are a big part of it for me)? Was there some sort of sensory issues I had as a child? I understand that some kids do have sensory issues that manifest in a variety of ways. Or am I just over-thinking the whole thing?

Whether any of us might be born to love diapers may well be incorrect in specificity, but could there be some sort of genetic predisposition that leaves some people with needs that can be filled by wearing diapers? I can only guess. Maybe this is known, but I have no idea.

I really don't know what brought me to diapers and actually, while I do speculate on it, it doesn't really matter. I am where I am. My issues now are to get myself out of the behavior pattern of not expressing my feelings and emotions and allowing myself to let others lead me. If I can manage that side of things, I'll be much happier. Will this 'relieve' me of the need for diapers, etc? Strangely, I was 'forced' to therapy by my wife when she found out I was wearing diapers. She decided I needed therapy to 'fix' that - I agreed to keep the marriage going. Now I've discovered THAT isn't the big issue. I actually kind of hope my therapy will lead me to being able to continue in diapers. My psychiatrist doesn't seem to look at the diapers as anything to be concerned with and neither do I.

This is an interesting question for us to consider and there may be almost as many answers as there are of us who wear.

Hey all,

I have been thinking, & I have a speculation as to whether or not the backgrounds of what we've gone through, or how we were raised affects how we are, & what we do, especially in the spectrum of this lifestyle. For me, I think the answer to my own question is that Yes, what I have gone through & how I was raised has influenced me in being into this lifestyle. I've always said that I feel like I was rushed through my childhood, I was the oldest of four kids, & because the father didn't give a care, & the mother was depressed, & neither of them cared about changing, I was basically pressed into duty as the Parent, which because of that, school, & my disability really took my opportunity to be a kid in the real sense away. I guess what really hurt was that even though I had the responsibility of an adult as a kid, I didn't get any 'adult privileges'. I think it is for this reason that regression sounds so intriguing to me, the same goes for age-play, & how I participate in this lifestyle does make me feel younger. Yet in Real Life, when people talk to me about my age, I say "I'm 25 going on 75" I think this feeling is due to my feeling "Rushed through my Childhood". Does Anyone else feel or think this Way?

I wasn't rushed through my childhood like you were, but I was subjected to a huge amount of pressure about being a successful adult, which started in early teenage years. I felt a lot of anxiety and stress over the future. I really think that 'playing baby' was an escape route into a mental land of having decisions made for me, which, pretty much by definition, meant I myself had nothing to worry about.

Like so many others in this thread, I was a bed wetter until around 10; an electric alarm put an end to it.

Once while on vacation in a borrowed camper at around age 8, my parents brought disposable diapers. I was horrified,

I remember crying about it, the first night I couldn't figure out how to put the thing on so my dad had to

do it for me. I was completely humiliated, mortified, angry, and wouldn't leave the camper at night for fear of my sister

noticing what I was wearing. I'd sneak out in the morning to dispose of the evidence.

I think some kind of imprint happened during this experience. A few years later, I started wanting to

wear diapers. This gradually turned into an obsession that never left.

I was really angry with my parents for a long time for putting me through that. 4 decades later I fully realize

that there was no harm intended, just an unpredictable side-effect of young parents doing what they thought they needed

to do.

Like so many others in this thread, I was a bed wetter until around 10; an electric alarm put an end to it.

wow! I had no idea that a bed wetting alarm actually existed! I just looked that up and found them. I mentioned when I posted about my background that my dad wanted to put me into some electronic gizmo and I wonder if that was something he was trying to buy. The only thing is the one I remember my dad had was a lot different. It had a medal rod like thing that was apparently suppose to be placed in my diaper...kinda like a metal coat hanger or something. I wonder if he tried to re create something like what you had. I mean I bet those where expensive to buy back then. Anyways, I will say that I don't think that anyone is just born with the desire to wear diapers. I think that somewhere in everyone's life there had to be a incident that may have created that need. I mean your sub conscious is a tricky thing. You never know what could have happened sub consciously in someones life to create that need. (just said that because of some of the other posts I have read on here) ^_^

Yes, it's definitely due to my childhood. My mom treated me nurse like because she had to treat my older sister this way as she was mentally retarded. So due to this I missed out on the nurturing/caring that I needed as an infant/toddler. My mom started drinking when I was 2 then just added more issues to my dysfunctional family. I never wet the bed once I was potty trained and I don't recall having accidents either after being fully potty trained. I did like my pacifier though and my parents let me have it until I was 5. What a crappy b-day present and I vaguely remember having a little bit of trouble falling asleep that night as I used to fall asleep. It was a comfort item for me too. My parents have to remove it for pictures when I was young or there would've been a lot of pictures of me with my pacifier in my mouth. lol I longed to be little again, treated like a baby and get the nurturing that I missed out on.

Well as far as i know I was never abused or anything as a child and have a great relationship with my parents now and I can't imagaine it was any worse back then.

I used to wet the bed quite often but was never punished for it, but I did have a fascination with nappies from a very early age as I rememeber telling my mum when I was about 5 (a guess) that she should put me in pull ups because I wet the bed after I saw an advert for them on TV. She said they probabl don't make them in your size (how wrong she was lol)

My next memory might somewhat explain why I am into humiliation these days... I remember this as clear as day, my mum took me to a nursery for an open day to try to decide where I was going and when it came time to leave I didn't want to so she spanked me there and then in the nursery, I was so embarrased but can remember that day so well.

I also remember when going to the nursery that my mum used to give me a spare pair of underwear every morning and most mornings I would need to be changed during the day because of accidents which is weird because I'd stopped having accidents apart from at nursery.

The next nappy memories I have was stealing them from my aunt who had a baby brother, I used to hide them and then just touch them and wear them when I got home but I was always found out... One time my mum made me apologise to my aunt in front of my whole family for stealing nappies.

And now hear I am... oddly I have a great memory of those early events but cant remember how I got back into this fetish as a teenager lol

I truly believe my childhood had something to do with my diapers and crossdressing ,Too long of a story and im not a real good writer but i may blog it sometime ? or not .I will say this my chidhood was very weird ! !2 thumbs down

There is only one reason I can think of for being a DL. I got a little urine on my pants going to the bathroom one day. I was accused of wetting my pants and forced into a diaper.

I know I wet the bed once for sure. Although I may have done it twice. There was one incident at school where I crapped in my pants during lunch... Lunch break was about over and I didn't feel like asking to use the restroom.

I definatly think my childhood influenced my love for diapers. When i was little 6or7 we would go on vacations to canada (about a 14 hr trip by car) And my dad would never stop for anything but gas. Well several times i pooped my pants i couldn't hold it.About 11 yrs old i had an accident again and he made me wear diapers the whole time we were on vacation 2 weeks . igot used to wearing them and just used them while there. When we got home i wet the bed a few times and was made to wear a diaper till i was maybe 15 or so. I stopped wearing for a few years then went back to them and am still wearing to this day.

Maybe about 1%, if even that. My background/upbringing is actually quite anti-diaper. For me, it's more to do with having gotten away from the confines of my background/upbringing and being able to figure out who really am.

I'm more DL than anything AB. My childhood was with a military Dad and a Mom who couldn't stand up to him. My pants and bedwetting lasted into my teens- the bedwetting tapering off near my 20's :whistling: Dad died when I was 11 after a nasty divorce. My family all gave me he!! over my problem, never understanding till adulthood that I couldn't control it :huh: I really needed diapers but was denied them :o Dad expected us to be grown-up as kids without much room for being a kid unless we were outside playing, and he was certainly very down on me for wetting all the time. To some degree, all this did affect my becoming a DL later in life.

After much growing up, learning how to control my bladder (barely), and dealing with some very big gender issues I discovered a fascination with diapers :angel_not: Soon I found that when diapered I could forget about my bladder which felt good and was a great physical rest and relief :D Not to mention I discovered that I liked being wet which made it ll so nice :blush: A few years later, after occasional wearing only, my bladder began to weaken, making diapers a full-time necessity :rolleyes: By now I was comfortable with that.

Looking back I can see where my maturity allowed me to have what I couldn't have as a child- and that was part of the appeal. Nobody could say "no diapers" to me anymore :P and wearing them made me feel good- almost as if I had lost a few years :lol: I find that I do see a lot of things more like a younger person now, and I do follow a couple kid's shows on TV when I can which adds to the feeling of youth- they youth I was never allowed to have when I was living it. My own self-acceptance and this website have made my life better so whether my past has a real role to play in it or not, I'm doing just fine now B)

Bettypooh