LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Bed

I've slept on the same waterbed for 10 years and haven't wet any bed since I was a youngster. I recently tore the bed down because we were having the carpet replaced and everything had to be out of the room. During this time, I slept on an air mattress.

Now I've had the waterbed set back up for 3 nights and have wet the bed 4 times (twice the first night). This only seems to happen on the waterbed because after the first night when I've wet the bed I've gone and slept on the air mattress without event.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why would I suddenly start wetting only in a familiar bed?

I'm really confused.

I've slept on the same waterbed for 10 years and haven't wet any bed since I was a youngster. I recently tore the bed down because we were having the carpet replaced and everything had to be out of the room. During this time, I slept on an air mattress.

Now I've had the waterbed set back up for 3 nights and have wet the bed 4 times (twice the first night). This only seems to happen on the waterbed because after the first night when I've wet the bed I've gone and slept on the air mattress without event.

Has anyone else experienced this? Why would I suddenly start wetting only in a familiar bed?

I'm really confused.

Might be worth talking to a Dr about. Might also depend on what drugs you quit doing; some, like Dextromethorphan (robotripping) will make you tight, to the point that some can't pee at all. If your body adjusted to that, you would be a bit loose.

The only time I have wet without waking, I was really tired (had been in a coal mine all day), and really relaxed afterward. I fell asleep, diapered and exhausted, and woke in the morning with a wet diaper.

So if you can't point to why you are suddenly really sleeping hard (maybe theres some fumes in the room from the new carpet) or really relaxed (that decision to job hunt and be clean has energised you), it's time to make a Dr's appointment. You can experiment for the fumes by leaving a window open or sleeping in the other room on the air mattress (or even sleeping in the same room with the air mattress).

The waterbed might be too cold for your kidneys but not the rest of your body. For some reason I wet more when my back is cold.

That was my thinking. If he just re set up the bed then the water is quite cold. The little warming mat they put under the "mattress" takes weeks to get the water to room temperature. Make sure you are using the flannel bottom sheet the beds usually come with, and dress warmly.

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments.

I have thought that the water temperature might be a concern. When the bed was set up previously, the flannel pad used between the sheets and bed was insufficient to keep me from sweating because of a loss of air circulation under me. To solve this, I added an afghan and a sleeping bag to allow for more air circulation between me and the mattress.

During the nights where I had my issues, only the pad was in use between the sheets and the mattress. I'm going to try adding those extra layers tonight and see what happens. Worst case is that I have more laundry to do in the morning but that is starting to be routine so no big deal.

Because the occurrence only happens in one bed, I'm going to hold back on the doctors for now. I'm about to take a trip to do a little job hunting and stay with family, resulting in a complete change of beds again. Should I continue to have a problem, I will consult a doctor.

If it comes to consulting a medical professional, what questions should I ask before I go (so I can be more knowledgeable about my case) and what questions should I ask when I am being seen by the doctor?

The waterbed might be too cold for your kidneys but not the rest of your body. For some reason I wet more when my back is cold.

Cold always makes me pee more- it always has :screwy: Especially when it happens fast, like leaving a heated place for outdoors in the winter :( That almost always brings on a 'flood' with me :blush: so I have to use the bathroom just before or soak myself. Sleeping in the cold does it too- I wet the bed ten times as much when it's cold compared to when it's warm- and always have :whistling: That may have something to do with it, or it may be something else. Waterbeds are stylish, but they're he!! on your back :o Ask a chiropractor or back surgeon- they'll tell you to get rid of it as fast as you can. The nerves which control your bladder and rectal sphincters pass through the L4-L5 region of your back, and when they get irritated you will have control problems :huh: Waterbeds don't give your back the straight support it really needs. Oftentimes what feels best isn't what does best for you. I am more comfortable sleeping while twisted into odd positions than I am with my back straight, but within a day or so my back will be killing me :angry2: and unless I straighten my posture out it only gets worse from there :crybaby: I know you didn't want to hear that about your waterbed, but really- you need to look into this yourself- that thing is bad for you!

Bettypooh

I guess it would depend on what kind of drugs you were using.

I remember smoking some contaminated marijuana back in the 70's and it put me in outer space!

Nope. Quit the drinking/drugs thing around the time the bed was taken down because I'm looking for work and will probably need to pass the whiz quiz.