LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

About Psychologists/Psychiatrists

not sure why a therapist would tell your boss you are suicidal... that too is an invasion of privacy.. if you are suicidal and have intent, and plan.. a therapist can contact the police... but never ever would they contact your boss!

Well I found a place near me that helps find psychologists that can help. When I talked to someone there, they actually told me to continue to talk to the councilor from the company my work pays for. They said that it is better because the councilor can help sort out problems I have and if they feel like I may want to consider a psychologist then they will not only refer me to one but they will help find an affordable one. I guess that is what I am gonna do. I have to call my councilor sometime this week. I haven't called this week yet. I know it may seem like privacy violation but they will tell my employer if I seem like I might inflict self harm or harm to another person, They find out about any harm done to another person child abuse...etc. They even mailed me a copy of the privacy policy and even laws involving it. I don't know why but I am a little hesitant to mention to them about my use and love for diapers, and the fact that I am a furry.

I want to say that my councilor thought that if I wanted to, that I might want to come out to my parents. She thought that if I did so, that it would really help. She thinks that if I came out to my family or at least my mother that it would be like a weight lifted off my shoulders. I found myself after that conversation, thinking about it a lot. One day I came home from work and I decided that I didn't want to be alone anymore so I decided to hang with my mom after work. My step dad usually goes to work around 10 so my mother is usually by herself upstairs. When I was sitting there I just could not take the anxiety anymore. I could not handle feeling like I could not breath. I had to do something to help or else I felt like I was gonna die. I decided at that moment that I was gonna just tell her and hope that it would help.

I won't get into the details but it did help a little to get it off my chest. since that day not only have I told my mom, but I told my grandparents as well. My mom told my sister and my step mom as well which led to my real dad finding out also. I told my mom I didn't care if my sister knew and She thought if my dad found out and had time to think about it, that it would help. Since then I have had the "GOD has a plan for you and being gay is wrong!" speech several times. Honestly, I can not take it anymore. My mother after the third time told me she did not want to talk about it anymore and finally agreed to not mention it anymore. I have only had one long conversation with my grandfather about it and it was not a pleasant two hours. I still have not talked to my dad because I am avoiding it... for now.

I have come to the conclusion that my entire Family are very devoted Christians and although my mother has promised to drop it, they will never stop trying to talk to me about how I am gonna go to hell and how I need to get clean and pray for Jesus Christ to take the sin from me. For an example, my grandmother called me and wanted me to come over sometime this week to go out to eat for dinner. She made it sound like it was just a get together but I am not stupid. I think it is a set up to get me to talk about it with my grandfather who is a Sunday school teacher. My father just got done texting me, "never forget that Jesus has a plan for me and that I need to pray about it." He will never let up either.

Holidays will never be the same and if I ever do meet someone to share my life with, he will never be fully accepted by my family. My dad will refuse to meet him ever (he told my mom that recently) and He will never be welcomed to any holiday get togethers with my family. So basically, although my family claims they still love me, my grandfather called it tough love. That he will not support something that is of the devil. Personally I don't believe that GOD is against it but honestly, the only reason why I got saved and went to church was to make my parents proud not for myself. I honestly don't know what I believe anymore.

I can tell you one thing for sure. I just want to live my life! I just want to live a happy life accepting who I am. I do not want to hide myself anymore. My name is Chris, and I go by the name Kato_pup. I am a furry who loves huskies. I think they are the most beautiful dogs in the world. I am also a Baby fur. I am not sexually so attracted to diapers as they make me feel good. They make me happy and They make me feel more confident about myself. I Love diapers so much that I plan to wear as much as possible. obviously there will be times where I can't but when I can I will. I also do not want to hide the furry side of myself anymore. I would like to get a collar. Maybe I am on a kick where I want to be proud of myself and I probably wont wear it in public all that much but honestly, when I go to my furry get togethers on Tuesdays, I would like to wear one just because I would like to.

I want to be proud of being gay. I want to meet someone special one day, maybe another furry to share the great moments and sadly the bad ones in life. I want to be me and I want to live my life as happy as possible. I don't want to be afraid to live anymore. I don't want to be afraid to die anymore. Part of me has come to an idea that as long as I am around my family, I will never be happy. Part of me thinks that they will never let off me for being gay and will always continue to try to bring me down. Sometimes that is all religion does. It makes you scared to be yourself and makes you think that you need the church to be happy and live your life "properly". Maybe I am wrong I don't know but I am sick of being scared. I am really just tired of it completely of being afraid of what is at the end of my life. Part of me thinks that I need to leave the state completely and distant myself from my family. I mean I love my family so much but they will never understand and to them I will always be walking with the devil and not with GOD. I will always be the one relative who is screwed up and needs to be sent to a camp or something.

I am sorry for this long book like post but I just can't help it sometimes when I have something running through my mind, and I am really feeling what I am saying, it is like my soul takes over. I am just overwhelmed and all I want is to be me. All I want is to be happy and I want to one day know what it feels like to wake up and role over to someone that makes your life just that much more special. I want to role over to someone and be able to hold them while I fall asleep. I want to feel what passionate love feels like with someone. I do not want to be alone forever. I may not be ready for a relationship right now but one day I want to and I want that day to come. I just don't know if I can be happy here. I would tell this all to a councilor but I am afraid for to tell her about the furry diapered husky who is wetting his diaper as he sells an android to someone. LOL obviously I would never tell her that lol but I am afraid to tell her about some of who I am and it makes me wonder if I can get help from someone if I am not fully honest with them. anyways, sorry again for the story book.

I had a similar situation when I was your age, I'm bisexual and my parents were with "God" when I told them. Both of them reacted very badly to the point where being in the same room was very very unpleasant. My dad was the worst, my mom not as bad, but even she had comments every so often that were pretty bad. Before this we talked all the time, I drove the 50 miles usually once a week or 2 to visit them.

After their reactions I gave them time, but it didn't seem to be doing any good. I cut off contact, basically said that it was my life and if they wanted to be a part of it that they would need to respect me and my life. I think it really hit home after about 6 months of very minimal contact. My mom came around first and eventually told my dad that he was being an asshole to me.

We started communicating again but really, it took another 2 years for things to get normal again. They needed time to work through their shit, just like it takes time for us to work up the courage to accept ourselves. This all happened 10 years ago and now I live next door to my parents and see them quite often and we have a great relationship. It took work on both sides, mom no longer thinks of herself as a christian, her book of answers didn't have the answer. There's no fixing us because we're not broken.

I hope you and your parents find their way. I made the decision for myself during that part of my life that having my parents in my life wasn't essential if they were going to continue to be as toxic to me as they were being. It was a really, really, really difficult decision that I wouldn't wish on anyone, but it was something I had to do, my parents eventually realized that they would rather have me in their life than not.

*huggles*

Michelle

Well I found a place near me that helps find psychologists that can help. When I talked to someone there, they actually told me to continue to talk to the councilor from the company my work pays for. They said that it is better because the councilor can help sort out problems I have and if they feel like I may want to consider a psychologist then they will not only refer me to one but they will help find an affordable one. I guess that is what I am gonna do. I have to call my councilor sometime this week. I haven't called this week yet. I know it may seem like privacy violation but they will tell my employer if I seem like I might inflict self harm or harm to another person, They find out about any harm done to another person child abuse...etc. They even mailed me a copy of the privacy policy and even laws involving it. I don't know why but I am a little hesitant to mention to them about my use and love for diapers, and the fact that I am a furry.

<snip out long story>

LOL obviously I would never tell her that lol but I am afraid to tell her about some of who I am and it makes me wonder if I can get help from someone if I am not fully honest with them. anyways, sorry again for the story book.

Trust is something that takes time, and if your councillor didn't prepare you for the reaction you got, he or she would not be gaining my trust. So I would not be telling that person more about furriness and diapers, any more than that councillor is telling you about who they did or did not go to bed with last week. It's also irrelevant to what you need to do right now, though it may take you awhile to reach that conclusion. As long as those things aren't taking over your life, the councillor doesn't need to know.

Now, the scientific evidence is that the gender that turns you on and such is set by the time you are two or three. Nonstandard wiring of the brain isn't evil. If you want to see the devil at play with it, look up the sex scandal with the catholic priests, which is the effect of years of denial....otherwise, go talk to an episcopal priest (some of whom are gay themselves) about it, and it will help you find others around you who share your struggle. You need to be around some others like you for the time being; it will help you greatly in getting comfortable in your own skin.

One last point: DailyDi, and one other moderator knows, or can look up, my real life name...but I don't trust my employer not to go googling for my name and finding whatever is to be found under that name, and getting upset about my proclivities, or a future employer not hiring me on that basis. Therefore, here, I am the Dill Pickle, almost always. It just keeps this part of my personal life out of my professional life. Go, google yourself.

• Like 1

That is exactly why I don't have a facebook account! I know someone who was screwed over because of there facebook account. I have also heard of people loosing legal battles because of facebook as well. Of course they chose to post and put things on there that they might not want everyone to know but still. I use Kato_pup for just about everything myself. I don't really need to tell anyone about my desire to wear diapers. I don't honestly really know why I want to tell the councilor about it. I mean there are times where when I am trying to explain feelings or whatever to her and sometimes I might want to include my desire for diapers but it possibly could just complicate things. I do wish though that I had more friends that I could be myself around. I mean it would be nice even to have more furry friends then I do now. I have a furry group I try to meet with every Tuesday but I am not completely in the group but maybe if I continue to go that will happen eventually. it would be nice to have a diaper friend to hang out with sometimes. Nothing crazy just a good friend that I didn't have to hide my diapers from, even if they where not into diapers themselves.

.... Since then I have had the "GOD has a plan for you and being gay is wrong!" speech several times....

....I want to be proud of being gay....

...I will always be the one relative who is screwed up and needs to be sent to a camp or something....

Perhaps what you're discovering is what God wants from you B) I had to go through a similar path with my gender issues, where 'religious' people kept pointing out Leviticus to me, while they refused to understand that those words were meant for Jews, nor Gentiles :( And they further refused to believe that their wearing of garments made of mixed fibers, their eating of animals with cloven hoofs, their cutting of beard or hair- which are all mentioned in that chapter- meant that they were "going to Hell" with me if they were right :o That brought forth my own deep study of the Bible and my current beliefs- untainted by the descriptions and explanations of other people whose agenda is to cause you to believe as they do- and I now know that we have to be who we are and accept that, because that's how God built us.

I see no need to be proud of anything except my accomplishments (and some of them aren't things one would want to be proud of :blush: ) That doesn't mean that I should be ashamed of anything, just that I admit to myself that I am who I am and that I am OK like this, no matter what anyone else thinks of it. Seriously, I've never seen a "Straight Pride" movement so I really cant fathom why one would want a "Gay Pride" movement except as a means to achieve the political gains of equality in the world. I'm not bashing here- I've been to many "Pride" events and support the movement- I just do so from different motivations ;) Don't be ashamed of it if you're Gay. I may be 'Gay" myself; I've never explored that but I'm open to it with the right person and with my 'in-between' gender I'm not really sure whether it's even possible for me to be Gay or Straight :lol: I say don't worry about it- just be yourself in the way that's most comfortable to you :thumbsup:

There's no 'getting over' family :mellow: If 'family' loves you as they should, then they will 'get over' you :D If they don't, they're not much for a family. That's why I place so little value on what 'family' thinks :P It's something you get stuck with in life; you didn't choose them but you can and should choose whether to spend any energy on them and decide what role they will play in your life :) Real friends are as good as family- sometimes better- and as bad as many of my relatives are for me to associate with them denegrates me down to their level of immorality.

Eff family unless they act like a family should :wtf2: That door is open to them but it is up to them to go through it to come to me. I will reciprocate if they do.

Life is a journey and to where it will lead we don't know. All we can do is decide where we think we should be going and pursue that course. We should try for goodness and to not burn bridges that we might want to re-cross, but we should always strive to be going forward on our path and we should burn any bridges which allow badness to sneak up behind us and draw us into it again :thumbsup: We're going to make mistakes on our journey- that's normal (and the one usage and definition of that word I adhere to)- so live as you must, be at peace with your soul, and think your steps through before taking them.

May your journey be a good one!

Bettypooh

Yeah, I will say that I have read the bible more lately then the my entire life. Honestly, my grandfather did not even through Leviticus at me at all. He didn't seem to need any other verse but Romans 1. I am trying to read through that and understand some other point of views on that chapter but honestly it is a good one. I do however have one problem that I can not help to think about. Romans 1 was written as a letter to Rome by Paul. Not only has Paul never been there, but how would someone in that day and age even know really what was going on there and what Rome was really like back then if they had not really been there in the first place? Also I am having a hard time understanding how you can really take Romans 1 in the first place other than how people like my grandfather takes it. I am still learning and reading it more and more though. Anyways, not to post about the bible and things. lol

I don't really want to get over family, but I was just thinking that maybe they are not good for me to be around. I mean they are good hard working people with morals and they tell me they love me. I am sure they do because in there eyes they think they are doing the right thing. My problem is this, I am an absorber. I absorb my surroundings and the words that people say to me. I take how people view me and things that people say to me to heart. I honestly don't know why I am that way but I just am. My family is never gonna quit trying to "save my soul" they will never quit trying to convince me that I am under control of the devil. For an example, my grandmother earlier this week called me and wanted me to come over to go out for dinner with them. (she left a message, I was asleep) I know better then that, I know that if I do that it will be a trap. It is a set up to get me to discuss with my grandfather about how the bible said I am going to hell if I don't clean myself and ask god to take this sin away from me. To go even further, He came over at noon (Uninvited and while I was still sleeping) and wanted to take me out to lunch. I was half a sleep so my mom told him that I was tired. I told her to tell him that I may come over later but I have no intention to do so.

This is what my entire family will do, they will continue to try to change who I am and to make things worse, I still live with my mother so I don't have a way out. Now I spend every waking minute away from home. I eat out a lot, go to the book store...etc just to be away from it all. It makes me feel like I need to distance myself from them. That I am going to be happier and live a healthier life if I was not so involved with them. Honestly, I love my family but I don't think I will ever feel comfortable to have holidays with them anymore. My dad even wants to keep it a secret from my brother, like he is going to become gay because of me or something. My grandfather will never be OK with having my partner over (when the time comes that I meet that person) and I will tel you one thing. There is no way I would ever leave my partner alone on Christmas or thanksgiving...etc. I mean unless He wanted to be alone with family then I would respect that but honestly, I would never want to not be with that person on holidays.

Anyways, That is my post for now, I am currently sitting down, enjoying a nice burrito from Qdoba and I am off all day. I think I would like to move to my states capital sometime. It is a good hour away from here and there are lots of furries there. Maybe I could meet a few nice people there, I don't know but Part of me wonders if I will ever be able to live my life here, being so close to family.

Check back here later, I need to do some digesting and expect to say more.

I'll leave you with this for the minute: You aren't the way you are by choice, so either god made you that way, or your parents did, and neither of them are evil, so nor are you. Good and evil arises from how you cope with your situation. Remember that attitudes do change over time, as your family hopefully realizes that you aren't any different than you were before, just aware and willing to admit to yourself what is going on.

Have a look at how the episcopalians feel about this. I think you will find their approach refreshing.

• Like 1

Well I got saved as a teenager after my parents done and gone all the screwed up and abusive stuff so I pretty much ddrew the line in the sand when they tried to do the overzealous religious stuff with me when I said" You have already screwed up with your crappy parenting, you are not going to screw things up even worse." Many times your parents mean well, however they go about it the wrong way. this is usually do to incorrect attitutde. Many apostolic as we call them up here or as yall might know them, southern baptist churches preach fear rather than love and obedience. I like the firey passion however the anger is misplaced and even though I do agree that certain things are infact wrong, that doesn't mean everything under the sun that is a deviation of the social norm is wrong. I don't think, ageplay, furdom and other fetishes are necessarily wrong, unless they cause you to do something that you know is wrong. I never understood the screaming at someone over what they do, unless it's hurting someone else. We are not God and other than offer council to one another, we should respect an individual's right to do as they please, within reason. Coming out to your parents for anything is always a potential Fubar. My folks will never know about the infantilism if I can help it. My life is not going to improve by telling them. I also don't get how the infantilism is such a big deal, of all my issues, this isn't one of them. Follow your therapists advice as needed, just remember he/she doesn't have to deal with the consequences.

Also read Acts, Paul went to Rome, he was killed there. He also hints at going to Rome throughout many of his other writings as well. Nor was the book of Romans probably his first letter to them. 1 and 2 corinithians were more likely his second and fourth letters of correspondence; each one was responding to an issue he seen or was brought to his attention.

As for Romans I:

Note carefully that what came first was the dishonoring of God, THEN came the "unnatural lusts".

Problem: What comes to you is natural, where is the dishonoring of god through wickedness? Maybe what you should tell your family is that the only thing that has changed, really, is that you are being honest with them about how you feel, that is, honoring the truth, rather than hiding it. Hiding it is what lead to all the trouble with the catholic priests, really. Maybe you should suggest (jokingly) that you go to catholic seminary and learn to abuse children instead?

I like what curiosity said about the councillor not having to deal with the consequences of their advice being followed.

I´m thinking what you may want to do with that invitation to lunch is to take along a friend. You can also, legitimately, ask your granparents if changing the way you were born is the subject, and politely decline (or walk out) if it becomes the topic. All the research says that although there is a certain flexibility in what makes you feel romantic and sexy, it is not terribly mutable, and almost certainly not mutable by voluntary action. Not that I couldn't see where I could have gotten romantically involved with a certain same-sex partner, even though I am nominally hetero, but it took exactly the right person to do that.

Edited by Dill_Pickle

This is only the last half of the chapter. Verse 1 through 17 is Paul's greeting (the author), telling Rome that he really wants to visit and also telling Rome to live by faith alone. the rest is the meaty part of the chapter.

New King's James Version

"God’s Wrath on Unrighteousness

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them."

Here is my problem, first of all it seems like Paul is trying to describe someone specifically. He characterization a group of people as follows starting into verse 29. I know that me personally as a homosexual, I am not unloving, unforgiving, untrustworthy, and I am not full of murder, deceit. I mean some of what he describes can be characterized in heterosexuals as well. That is my first problem.

Also he seems to be strongly focusing on someone who is almost making a fool of GOD and his image. In that case he is describing that type of person. the only part I don't get is verses 24 through 27. I don't understand that part.

honestly, when I think about it, I think to myself that this was a letter, written by Paul, a man who is not perfect. We have no idea of what was actually meant, if it was meant to be taken so literally in the terms of today. Honestly, when I think about it, when I start to read the bible, I realize how it seems impossible to really even understand it since it was written in a time we don't know about, and a dead language that is next to impossible to translate perfectly. I mean the way it is worded, it is almost like Paul is actually inclining that all homosexuals, lesbians...etc (if they are again talking about that) are wicked evil unloving people who have no heart and make a mockery of GOD. I mean if that is not offensive I don't know what is. but then again maybe I am just miss reading it completely but in that case it just proves my point of how impossible it is to really ever even try to understand it.

The more I think about it the more it makes me just want to live life as I want. that doesn't mean I want to start murdering people or doing bad things because the idea that you need religion to have moral values is ludicrous. I don't need the fear of hell to have moral values and I don't need to be promised mansions and levels of heaven to make me want to be a good person.

course does the bible also say you shouldn't worship false images... yet people hang crucifixes all over their houses.... ehhhh i don't know... i was raised protestant congregationalist... so we were not a bible preaching church, and took a much more humanitarian/spiritual view on christianity and the bible...

i did go to both catholic high school and catholic college... and never experienced the nuns, monks, or priests being as judgemental as many catholics i meet in every day life are.

So I am currently having anxiety because tomorrow I am going over to my dad's house for my sisters birthday. I think she is turning 20 years old. My step mom went to school for oriental cuisine and is making sushi as well as seafood. The problem is, this will be the first time I have talked to my dad since my mom told my step mom to tell my dad I came out of the closet. I have been avoiding a conversation with him ever since. I know that I am going to have to be strong and I need to love myself for who I am. I need to hold my ground but I am scared. Deep down I don't want to have to write my family off but I know what is going to happen. He is going to wave in my face that I am going to hell and that I need to change. I will attempt to explain to him that this is who I am and that I am not gonna change and he will tell me that he can't allow me to be around and confuse his children. Tomorrow is gonna symbolize as a change in my life when I went down a path in life. Tomorrow might be the last time I spend time with some of my family. I think after tomorrow things will be different. I have been doing good all week. I have not had any anxiety at all this week and all of a sudden my step mom texted me to tell me about tomorrow and boom, now my anxiety is back. It is just scary because I know realize that the reality of loosing my family is real.

.... I don't want to have to write my family off but I know what is going to happen. He is going to wave in my face that I am going to hell and that I need to change.

We have expectations of things that might happen; and many times our expectations don't happen :rolleyes: When I told my Mom I was TG I figured she wouldn't handle it well at all. I was ready to lose her, but we're now closer than ever :wub: Boy, was I ever wrong thinking about her that way :lol: Often too is that we subconsciously try to make situations meet our expectations; that's why the power of positive thinking works so well :thumbsup: Go into this ready for the worst, but imagining a happy, conflict-free time and if the subject doesn't come up, consider it a success. If the worst happens, "wave back" one thing- Judge not, lest ye be judged- and remind him that because of his judging, if you're going to Hell you'll be seeing him there too :o Self righteous people don't go to Heaven!

Tomorrow is gonna symbolize as a change in my life when I went down a path in life. Tomorrow might be the last time I spend time with some of my family. I think after tomorrow things will be different. I have been doing good all week. I have not had any anxiety at all this week and all of a sudden my step mom texted me to tell me about tomorrow and boom, now my anxiety is back. It is just scary because I know realize that the reality of loosing my family is real.

If a person goes down a path, can they never return? Of course they can- even of they don't -_- In the parable of the prodigal son we learn to not trade hope for hate, because hate will prevent possibilities from happening ;) You may be right in your assessment, and then again you may be wrong. Just go into this with the aim of celebrating your sister's birthday and try to ignore the rest- after all this is supposed to be a happy time for her and you wouldn't want to ruin that, would you? :huh: That is also a point in you favor should someone else do or say something unhappy- let them know that by their opening that door, they are the one responsible for removing her happiness from the day, not you, and refuse to follow their lead :glare: If they persist, tell them that you will discuss this later, not on your sister's birthday which is neither the proper time or place for that discussion. If they still don't see where you are right in taking this attitude, go hug your sister and say goodbye, explaining that because of that person wanting to make a mess of her day, you must now go so that it doesn't end up like that. Be the bigger, more mature person showing that you are thinking of others first and wanting  the best for them even when there is a cost to you for doing that B) It's your life to live and you must go where you must go with it, even when others don't understand that- which they often won't. Remember to be strong through love and think positively- and don't let anyone ruin her day over you.

Wishing you all the best!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Hi padded_husky,

I just wanted to step in here a minute. I've been reading through this thread with a little interest. Let me tell you first of all, I am an ordained minister. Not just by someone waving a wand, but by the equivalent of three full years of seminary. I believe that I am a 'devout Christian.'

I have read and studied the Bible not just on my own but in formal classes. There are seminaries where I would have come out believing as your parents believe, but you need to know that NOT ALL CHRISTIANS believe that you are a sinner and will go to Hell. I won't go into a lot of details here, but I do NOT believe in pulling out magic passages of the Bible to hit someone over the head.

My own believe is NOT necessarily correct - I don't believe I've got the corner on the market of faith. But neither do I believe that any other human does either. Yes, there are many, many passages in the Bible that speak out against immorality and many do talk about same-sex relations. If you believe that scripture is inerrant, however, then we ought to continue the insistence that 'unruly children' be stoned to death; you can't eat pork or shell-fish; you can't mix fabric content in your clothes; women need to go away somewhere during their periods; and oh, by the way, women, be subject to your husbands and be sure to cover your head in church. So how is this an argument that homosexuality (or sexuality other than strictly straight) is OK? My point is that people who believe in the inerrancy of the Bible manage to explain away passages like I've mentioned - THOSE passages should be ignored because... And depending on which group of people you talk with, they'll point out DIFFERENT passages that you should ignore. So my question to them is this: IF the Bible is the inerrant word of God, how is it that some - ANY - human gets to interpret that word on their own terms?

Now whether or not you can accept that yourself is another matter. I do believe though that the Bible is FULL of contradictions - but that this is NOT a weakness in it. I think it is a WONDERFULLY rich text INSPIRED by God about humanity's long standing and continuing struggle to understand and relate to God (AND therefore, with others around them).

If you are a Christian, you believe in that strange and unexplainable mix within Jesus of human and God. Then let's look at all that Jesus said and DID in his life. I can't think of who is was now, but it was a well-known person of another faith - Hindu, Muslim, or another major religion - when they ended up reading the passage quoting Jesus saying "I am the way..." Jesus is the ONLY way to God. This person agreed with that statement, saying that Jesus was absolutely correct - the 'WAY' of Jesus is THE WAY to God. Jesus' love, compassion, understanding, forgiveness - THAT is the 'way' to God.

Any time you want to talk about Christianity, feel free to get in touch with me. I may not be correct, but I can certainly give you a different perspective from those who say that you are evil because you are not straight!

Secondly, yeah, I'm human too and although I feel I'm a decent pastor to my congregation, I am in part because I too am flawed and understand what that's like. I currently am seeing a psychiatrist myself and have been weekly since last May when my wife discovered (after more than 20 years of marriage) that I've been wearing and using diapers. My wife insisted I see a psychiatrist because she figured I was a sick pervert to wear diapers. What I've found is that I have gotten to this place for a variety of reasons which are much more important and much more of a personal issue than wearing diapers. My psychiatrist doesn't see a huge problem with diapers and understands perfectly why I never told my wife about them.

Thirdly, I'm on medications as well.

So in this far too long post, I've either scared you off entirely or given you some hope that there are people out there who can understand you, do NOT think you are evil, and can sympathize, empathize and possibly be supportive.

What I've explained here about my faith is NOT a challenge to you - that you need to respond to. Rather it is simply to point out that not everyone is willing to read the Bible in the same way as those who want to club you over the head with it because you aren't exactly like them. This doesn't make them wrong, but might give you hope. Can you really believe that God create people to split them up, make them fight among themselves and then condemn ALL but a very few? Is that what the gospel of Jesus Christ tells you?

Again, if you ever want to be in touch with me for discussion, feel free. I am not particularly interested in scholarly debate about passages of the Bible. I am interested in being understanding and supportive. We can talk about Bible passages or anything else. I won't try to 'convert' you to any particular belief or even pattern of thought. I do believe that you - and each of us - is a special person, created for a purpose. I won't define that for you - I believe that is for you to struggle with - you and God - not some self-appointed expert that will tell you THEY know what GOD really means!

Whether you contact me or not, God bless you and may you struggle through to a wholeness of mind, body and spirit - whatever that might look like for you.

diaperpt

Though I believe a many things wrong, however I am not God and his commandment to us believers was to love your neighbor as Christ loved the Church. Though I may not always agree with the decisions people make I cans till love them and respect their right to do so. At this stage in the game Husky, don't worry what others say and just do what makes you happy.

<snip>

You may be right in your assessment, and then again you may be wrong. Just go into this with the aim of celebrating your sister's birthday and try to ignore the rest- after all this is supposed to be a happy time for her and you wouldn't want to ruin that, would you? :huh: That is also a point in you favor should someone else do or say something unhappy- let them know that by their opening that door, they are the one responsible for removing her happiness from the day, not you, and refuse to follow their lead :glare: If they persist, tell them that you will discuss this later, not on your sister's birthday which is neither the proper time or place for that discussion. If they still don't see where you are right in taking this attitude, go hug your sister and say goodbye, explaining that because of that person wanting to make a mess of her day, you must now go so that it doesn't end up like that.

Be the bigger, more mature person showing that you are thinking of others first and wanting  the best for them even when there is a cost to you for doing that

<snip>

Remember to be strong through love and think positively- and don't let anyone ruin her day over you.

Wishing you all the best!

Bettypooh

Betty, Wonderful! Great approach!

Well back to the original topic at hand regarding psychologist and psychiatrists, I finally decided to give in and am looking for a psychologist to talk to. Nothing major, just going in on a 'general' stress issue. I figure i'll let figure it out if there's anything else going on. It's a $15.00 copay and unlimited visits on my plan so might as well. Besides given who/what i live with, one of us might as well be sane. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well the religious stuff in the middle of this thread threw me a little, but here goes... as I am a Brit in the wet, windy shores of the UK we have a stunning, slow, understaffed, inadiquately funded National Health service (NHS).

I am on my second attempt to get help and i am doing a blogg on here kinda charting my thoughts on the matter... both times I have seen a Psychiatric nurse... not got near a psychologist or a Psychiatrist.

in the middle of both attmepts i also went to an ex-miltary charity for just such things, for a week, but it was not a happy ending for me and actually set me back...never again I saw a Psych doc for 30 min at the start of the week and 5 min at the end. where he said with a pasty smile, we cant help you, we wont ans you back and we cant gitve you a diagnosis, but you do have problems and you sohould see your GP.

so now after waiting for 8 months I am seeing a psychiatric nurse, for 6 sessions, with a possible extension...to be honest i can see it being sorted after six, but im expecting to be dumped after 6 as its my lot in life to try and then be dashed on the rocks...

oh well fingers crossed ehh