LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

About Psychologists/Psychiatrists

So My question is to anyone who is familiar with seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist. I think that I should see someone for a few reasons. I won't get into to much detail but I am sick of having random bouts of anxiety and I think I could really use talking to someone about it. My question is if anyone is familiar with seeing someone. I honestly don't know how to go about seeing someone. Also, I plan to mentioning diapers, its not the reason why I want to see someone but It is something I want to mention. I don't want to talk to someone who is just gonna tell me that it is wrong or a problem...etc. Is there something to look for that will give me a better idea of they will be open minded? I also plan to talk a little bit about being gay and I don't want to talk to someone who is not gay friendly. Also, does anyone know how billing is when seeing someone like that? I have insurance but it sucks. I don't know if there are any programs or anything that maybe I should look into to get help? I don't mean to ask someone to tell me everything or do all the hard work or something, I just was curious if there was anyone who has any experience dealing with any of this stuff. Thinks in advance for any info you give me.

I am forced to go to one .. for my grandparents peace of mind... and she is accepting of my diapers ... i try not to talk about it much .. and she dosen't seem to haev aproblem with it .. but who knows .. what your experience will be.. people are mean sometimes

First see what your insurance will cover; most policies do not pay for your mental health care. Now figure out what you can spend. Contact a LGBT group in your area and ask if they can recommend a therapist. I advise this course for anyone- even straight- because LGBT issues are big and a Therapist who can handle them can do well with you. Let the Therapist help you choose a course of action; you may find enough help there without seeing a shrink. Therapists fill a gray area before 'real' medical care; if you see a shrink it will go on your medical record and disqualify you for a number of future possibilities- therapy sessions don't. I'd also advise not mentioning diapers for the first few sessions unless they are a large part of your problems, which they don't seem to be. Your causative issues may lie elsewhere and in handling those any issues with diapers might handle themselves. There are some here who don't believe in this stuff but they haven't tried it so they can't know. I have and IMHO you and everyone can benefit greatly spending time with a good therapist because they show you where your real problems are, how they affect everything in your life, and how to go about dealing with them in a way that does the best for you. Just like getting a shot, there may be some pain involved but the cure is worth it.

As to my own experience, therapy is why I am still alive. It is why I understand me as well as I do- I now know what makes me tick. I now know how to avoid the things which cause me problems and how to handle those that come along anyway. In learning about yourself you will also learn about others and how they 'tick' too, because most of our problems are relational rather than inherent. Therapy and shrinks don't 'fix you', they show you how to fix yourself, so you're going to have a lifetime's effort ahead of you but it will be a far better life and you're worth the effort.

Bettypooh

OK, I think there is a glbt support community in my area, I will ask them. My work actually pays an outside company to offer professional counciling for there associates. I have called there once but I am worried about them reporting anything to my work. They claim that everything is confidential but I honestly don't know if I believe that 100%. My insurance sucks but I get a starter $500 to pull from before I pay out of pocket, I hope that will be able to go to something. The reason why I was looking to make sure I went some where that supported glbt was because my problem with anxiety started when I decided to just accept my sexuality and stopped smoking, I get anxiety out of know where and it is really hard to control sometimes. the reason why I wanted to make sure that they where supportive of diapers because I can have really bad anxiety, my mind be clouded and things be miserable, and as soon as I decide to start wearing diapers again for a while things change completely. Like I have been having anxiety for the past 3 days over something. I decided last night after I made this post, that I was gonna wear 24/7 for a few days and my anxiety is almost completely gone. I just thought that I should mention that to the therapist...etc. The main reason why I want to talk to someone was to seek help learning to understand anxiety and learn to control it. Also I have been told for years that I have ocd so there is that as well.

Honestly it would also be nice to be able to talk to someone about a few things with out feeling like im trolling or bothering a forum or whatever. I think I have a lot of issues that need to be sorted out and I think the help of a professional could really do me good. It can be really difficult sometimes because I really do not have any friends I can talk to. I have one friend who I could talk to but they don't know im gay...or that I wear diapers sometimes to relax!lol I have a group of furries I hang out with but im not yet completely in what that crowd yet. So sometimes I wish I had a best friend like someone that I could hang out with and visit and depend on to just be there.

p.s. Now that I think about it, it is interesting how diapers can have such an affect on me mentally. lol I can seriously have anxiety and be upset and as soon as I decide to put on a diaper, things change completely. I have not been wearing lately because I don't really want to wear 24/7 and I didn't want to rely on them so much but maybe I just need to let it go and stop trying to avoid them. Maybe I should just realize that Diapers have a positive affect on me mentally and maybe I should embrace that. I guess it is not a big deal. anyways thinks for the info:)

If you want medicatiion it would be a psychiatrist you are going to see, however if you want therapy it would actually be someone with a masters degree, and a certification for counseling. As was mentioned, its up to your insurance how many sessions you get etc...

There are few ways you can go about finding one. Ask your doctor. Tell them you are having issues with anxiety and do they have a list of providers. or go to your insurance website, almost all insurance websites have a provider look up.

Unfortunately, with therapy, each and every therapist is going to approach working with you in a different manner, even if they all went to the same college and took the same courses. The trick is to find one that YOU are comfortable with, and that you feel you can work with. but remember, a therapists job is not to fix you, is not to tell you how to change, a therapists job is to guide you to coming to the conclusions yourself, and to making the changes yourself.

thanks for all the info. Like I said earlier, my work pays for a company to provide over the phone counciling for free. they are all professional councilors and they claim to keep our calls anonymous unless I tell them I am suicidal and in that case they have to tell my work for security reasons. I would call them but I am afraid that if I am honest and talk to them and tell them what is really on my mind, I am afraid they will call my work and tell them im gay or that I wear diapers or whatever. maybe I am just paranoid though.

I am not looking to be put on medication and I am not trying to just get diagnose with stuff. I just think that I would really benefit from having someone that I could talk to about some things. There are a few things that I would like to talk to someone about because sometimes I don't feel like I am in control of certain things in my life. Like my constant worrying about things, anxiety but also I think I would like to talk to someone because I think I know why I have anxiety. I think I am afraid to die. So I am pretty sure I need to talk to someone and I think that maybe if I do, I think that it will help.

My reliance for diapers plays a huge part of my anxiety because as soon as I start to wear, my anxiety starts to go away. My sexuality plays a huge part because I think it might be a huge reason why I am afraid of death. I just hope that I will be able to find a way to see someone money wise because I really don't have that much to pull from. I only work part time (generally 30 hours) and I am in the middle of trying to move out on my own. anyways thinks for all the info, I think that I want to see a therapist not a psychiatrist. I am sure if the therapist thinks I might have a mental problem (like ocd or something) they will refer me to someone for that or whatever but I would like to get myself back on track with out medication... I am a little afraid to take medication, I get anxiety just thinking about it. Anyways before I continue rambling, thinks for the help and thinks for not being mean. :)

when you call the company ask them to send you a copy of their privacy policiy, read it over, i will garuntee it says they are NOT allowed to tell your employer anything, including that you are using them. Many companies offer this sort of assistance for free to employees. If the company tells your employer then you have this HUGE lawsuit on your hands... but GET THE POLICY first... JUST to make sure... get the confidentiality policy mailed to you, or if they have it on a website...

usually its called the EAP - employee assistance program... and what it is , your company hires another company, which in turn hires individual providers. the providers aggree because they recognize that the six free sessions the person gets thru the EAP may not be enough, and often it leads to the provider getting more clients.

but talking to someone who is not a friend or family member can be SUCH a relief. I know there have been times in my life where i saw a therapist for two or three times simply so i had someoen i could bitch to without fear or worry i was bothering them.... It is definitely nice to have that option.

By all means use the free care as long as they do have a good privacy policy. If the first person you open up to doesn't 'click' with you ask for another. My therapist was my third try- the second one was a liar with a religious agenda, and the first didn't really want to see me but knew they had a moral obligation to try to help. Finding a good (fill-in-the-profession) almost always means going through a few bad ones before you get a good one. One of the reasons Therapists can do so much more for you that family and friends is that to them, you are a clean slate of unknowns so they enter the relationship with no preconcieved notions or biases about you- those things always taint a perspective till you learn to get over them, which most people never do.

Padded Husky also mentioned another thing which I missed thinking through at first- he recently quit smoking. I had quit 2 months prior to my near-suicide. As it turned out that was part of my problem- I am a nicotine addict and wasn't handling the withdrawal well. Be sure to mention that as well as any drinking or drugs you do- you don't have to tell them you get smashed initially (if you do that) but these things affect the chemical balance of your body and depression is affected by that balance. The one mistake my therapist made was to order me to start smoking again to ease the stress I was under. She said we'd work on quitting later on. I was never able to quit afterward- I still smoke- but I am still alive so she was at least partially successful there.

Thing is to get help when you need help. You ask for help when you can't lift something. You ask when you can't figure out something new to you. You ask when you need an answer you can't find. It's no different asking a therapist or a shrink for help- it's just another item on a long list of things you can't do by yourself, and needing help is a normal part of human life.

Bettypooh

My sister is going to a therapist in the Netherlands and is having good luck with the gentleman. A good therpaist will let you talk and will analyze the situation and guide you towards a solution. I have a friend with severe anxiety problems that heightened after his father and sister died and his therapy only consists of five minute visits and trying different medications. I told him to stop it and find a better therapist, as his problems are rooted deeper than just a chemical imbalance and he needs to talk through them. It's all about being proactive in your own care and not settling for someone who isn't interested in following along.

Curi, the person your friend is seeing is not a therapist but a psychiatrist... psychiatrists prescribe medications than will do medication check ups either monthly, every other month, etc.. sometimes bi monthly if needed. The purpose of this 5-15 min visit is to see how the person is 'reacting' to the medications, is it helping them, what are the side effects, does it need to be increased in dosage. They do not provide individual therapy. For that your friend needs to see a Therapist, often an MSW, LCSW, LMHC will follow their name. These professionals have masters degrees, not doctorates and cannot prescribe medication.

You friend may very well need both medication and therapy in combination.... you friend can ask his psychiatrist who he sees for his medication for a list of recommended therapist. The psychiatrist, knowing your friend and his needs may have particular therapists in mind that would work well for him.

I eant tothano everyone for there help and for them giving me info on therapy. I really apreciate it and I think I may need both therapy and a psychologist. I figure I will see a therapist first anf it they think my problem required medication, I figure they will refer me to someone.

When I first came here, I stoped comeing because I was allways sad and I was afraid that people thought that is all i would ever be. I thought that maybe i was more of a problem then I was worth so I stoped. I want everyone who has ever been so kind as to help me to know that I truelly thank all o you and I a really sorry it I come accrosed as pathetically sad and depressed all the time.

Even though I have come a long way from where I was, I'm still haveing a really dificult time. I juat want myife back and i want to be in control. I am not depressed or at least I don't feel like I am but yet I still habe uncontrolable anxiety. There are so Much in life i want to exerience in life and I can't do any of it when I'm over taken but anxiety. Sometimes I wiah i had a close friend or family member who understood and someone I could depend on. Maybe even juat somepne I could hug and know that things are ok but sadly, I don't have that.

So what imtonna,do is I am gonna,call my insurance company and I'm gonna,ask for any info I can that they cqn give me and i am gonna ask what I'm covered for tomorrow. I'm gonna try to see someone but ir i have to spend alotof money, I sadly don't have that. I only work part time. Bit i am gonna do whT I have to to get my life back on track.

Thank you again for all the suport you all have given me, it means more then you knoe and I dont know where i would be with out you! thank you

also know... that while you insurance company may say you have so much of a copay.... don't just give up if you can't afford it... there are MANY therapists out there who will do a sliding scale for co pays... many understand people need treatment but just cannot afford the copay, and will try to make adjustments... so even if the insurance company says you will have to pay so much....still call the therapists and see what they can do to work with you!

I eant tothano everyone for there help and for them giving me info on therapy. I really apreciate it and I think I may need both therapy and a psychologist. I figure I will see a therapist first anf it they think my problem required medication, I figure they will refer me to someone.

When I first came here, I stoped comeing because I was allways sad and I was afraid that people thought that is all i would ever be. I thought that maybe i was more of a problem then I was worth so I stoped. I want everyone who has ever been so kind as to help me to know that I truelly thank all o you and I a really sorry it I come accrosed as pathetically sad and depressed all the time.

Even though I have come a long way from where I was, I'm still haveing a really dificult time. I juat want myife back and i want to be in control. I am not depressed or at least I don't feel like I am but yet I still habe uncontrolable anxiety. There are so Much in life i want to exerience in life and I can't do any of it when I'm over taken but anxiety. Sometimes I wiah i had a close friend or family member who understood and someone I could depend on. Maybe even juat somepne I could hug and know that things are ok but sadly, I don't have that.

So what imtonna,do is I am gonna,call my insurance company and I'm gonna,ask for any info I can that they cqn give me and i am gonna ask what I'm covered for tomorrow. I'm gonna try to see someone but ir i have to spend alotof money, I sadly don't have that. I only work part time. Bit i am gonna do whT I have to to get my life back on track.

Thank you again for all the suport you all have given me, it means more then you knoe and I dont know where i would be with out you! thank you

Show the above in some form to your shrink....you have a much deeper problem than diapers. And talk about the random anxiety...it's not good for you.

By the way, my shrinks have ignored my diapers, except to remind me once in awhile to be discreet about them....so I would argue that if being padded makes you feel better, do it and take care of yourself.

So, I wanted to catch up and post about my recent session with my councilor. She has a masters degree And from the Resources For living company my work pays to have for there associates and it is free. I had the session Monday and it was good. I am now gonna see the same person every Monday and continue to talk to her

(she insists I do so)We covered several things. She gave me a few things to try out to help with the anxiety and I am gonna try them. Se did say that I might want to think about getting on medication for a while and that it won't solve all my problems but that it will help while I am working through all my issues. She was really nice and so I am gonna continue to talk to her.

I did talk to her about me coming out to my parents. after our conversation, she thinks that me talking to my mother and just laying everything out on the table will really help. She thinks that it will really help with my anxiety and it is something I should consider. I will be honest about something related to that. I am really scared, scared of life in general. I am scared of dieing and I am scared to be left alone. I don't want to die and I don't want to die alone. I really wish I had someone here with me to be there for me. I wish I had someone who I could depend on and someone who could care about me. I am not saying I want a boyfriend but I really wish had someone. I wish someone would take care of me and tell me everything will be OK. I wish I had someone to hold me and take care of me. I am not saying I want someone to do everything for me but I just wish I had my mother to make me feel better.

I know that sounds stupid and that sounds pathetic but I cant help it. I am so scared right now. I just want this hell to go away. I feel miserable and sometimes it is really hard to move on with my daily routine every day. I am gonna continue to talk to that councilor but next week where gonna talk about medication and she is gonna help me find someone or somehow to see someone who can prescribe that. I mean I have a lot to work out in my life but she said that medication could really help some of the effects so that I can get my problems worked out and back on track. I just want someone to take over my life for a while until I can get back on my own to feet. I just am not ready to die, I really want to live my life and be normal. I have been pretty OK all day until now. anyways that is mah report and I am really trying. I am thinking about coming out to my mother tomorrow while my step dad is at work. I am thinking of just throwing myself at my mom and hoping that she will love me and help me. I think she will, I think she really loves me but I just need to know it. I feel alone and I feel like if something where to happen I have no one to go to. I feel like I am gonna die and that is scary. :(

.... I am now gonna see the same person every Monday and continue to talk to her

(she insists I do so)We covered several things. She gave me a few things to try out to help with the anxiety and I am gonna try them. Se did say that I might want to think about getting on medication for a while and that it won't solve all my problems but that it will help while I am working through all my issues....

This sounds very, very good :) I think you're on the right track!

I did talk to her about me coming out to my parents. after our conversation, she thinks that me talking to my mother and just laying everything out on the table will really help. She thinks that it will really help with my anxiety and it is something I should consider. I will be honest about something related to that. I am really scared, scared of life in general. I am scared of dieing and I am scared to be left alone. I don't want to die and I don't want to die alone. I really wish I had someone here with me to be there for me. I wish I had someone who I could depend on and someone who could care about me. I am not saying I want a boyfriend but I really wish had someone. I wish someone would take care of me and tell me everything will be OK. I wish I had someone to hold me and take care of me. I am not saying I want someone to do everything for me but I just wish I had my mother to make me feel better.

It's been too long (and too much drinking and drugs) ago for me to clearly remember beginning life on my own, but I can understand- it's very scary to not have someone always there for you anymore :( You just have to give it a smile and go on with things- most people do find that 'special someone' who is right for them if they try long enough B)

....I am thinking about coming out to my mother tomorrow while my step dad is at work. I am thinking of just throwing myself at my mom and hoping that she will love me and help me. I think she will, I think she really loves me but I just need to know it. I feel alone and I feel like if something where to happen I have no one to go to. I feel like I am gonna die and that is scary. :(

If there's anyone who can and will love you unconditionally and will do all they can to understand and help you, it's Mom :wub: It isn't always the case, but since you have to be yourself (and she understands that) you are probably going to find more love and support that you thought possible there :D In telling my own Mom about my being TG, a lot of doors were opened between us. There was some pain, there was a lot of confusion, but afterwards we became closer than I could have imagined and now we can discuss anything. I don't know how she'd take my being diapered but I don't feel a need to share that with her or any other family member :blush: Since it's a real need for me, and with my history of bladder problems, I doubt that it would be a big issue if it were discovered. It sounds to me like you're going to find a resolution to your troubles, and that you've found the person who can help lead you through this as good as is possible. Life is a series of troubles, fears, and problems but they are not insurmountable. You can do it and we're always here to help each other along :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Thinks for the support, I would like to say that my anxiety is going away but it is not and I think that maybe I need to see someone who is also a medical doctor as well. The thing that worries me the most is the feeling of not being able to breath. I fell like my chest is tight all day and I feel like someone is sucking the breath right out of me. Anyways, the councilor I spoke to did say that I might want to take baby steps first. (she doesn't know I wear diapers and I am honestly not sure if I should mention it or not but when she said baby steps I laughed a little inside) She said that maybe I should consider talking to her and spending time with her first.

So regardless I am gonna spend some time with her tonight and maybe just talk to her. I will make sure however that I let her know that I have no interest in being alone for the rest of my life and I will make sure to let her know that I will eventually find someone to share my life with. For someone reason the Christian members of my family feels that it is fair for someone to just not act on there feelings and bottle it up and be alone. Anyways thank you vary much for everyone who deals with me on here and I really appreciate it. Maybe one day when I am better, Living my life and I am free from all this, I can be a light for someone else who is going through what I am going through just like you guys are. I just wish I could feel like I can breath. That is the scariest feeling in the world and I think that it causes me to have more anxiety.

I'm so glad to hear you got in to see someone and are able to see her with it paid for.

As for medication, think of it like crutches after a broken leg. Of course you will walk again without crutches, and even without a limp... but while initially healing, you need that support to get thru the first phase.

Medication is like that... It is a crutch to help you through the first phase of healing. Anxiety medication can help with that tight chest feeling, with that nausea, with that "i just want to curl up under the covers and never come out again feeling"

with those feelings under control, you can begin examining triggers for the anxiety and learning how to avoid the ones that are avoidable, and how to learn relaxation techniques and other coping mechanisms to control your anxiety in around others. Once you have learned these, then slowly the crutches will no longer be needed.

I have anxiety medication that I take on an as needed basis. For me, I don't need the crutches all the time, but there are some days, when it becomes so overwhelming that no amount of relaxation techniques will help, and for that i bust out my 'crutch' to get me through the worst of it.

And just like crutches need to be adjusted to your height, medications need to be adjusted as well. And sometimes they cause sideeffects, like how crutches can dig into your armpits or give you a callous on your hand.... if the side effects are unbearable, immediately talk to your doctor... you may need some adjustments.... and just like metal v. wooden crutches, or ones that go under your arm v. ones that don't.... there are many types of medications and you may need to do some switching around to find the one that works.

again very happy you got in to see someone... and by the way... oh my god the puppy in your picture is sooooooo adorable!!!!

• Like 1

Ativan for the win, my doc prescribed it for a sleep aid, but it's the perfect tool to fix a panic attack when one happens.

I go through about 15 Ativan a year, I only use them for panic attacks and really, really bad insomnia.

Well, none of the things we talked about (me and the councilor) helps when I have anxiety, just ways to help prevent it. The scariest part is the feeling like I can't breath. I am so scared because of that and I have been kinda panicing a lil just about all day, I am curantly not doing good and was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get myself to relax and calm down? I can't stop worrying wbout my breathing. Also I was wondering if anyone knows about how not paying medical bills can effect your chance of help? I let my medical bills go to collections from my family docter and all though I truelly regret it, I am not sure if I can see him again or if anyone will still see me ...etc. my insurance is a lil better this year. But for right now i just need to find a way to calm down and not panic

should be fine the bills will affect your credit but drs dont run credit checks

when i was out of medicine and having anxiety attacks for me i would read a favourite book reading is probably one of my favourite things and a good book that i could fall into allowed me to tune out reality ... so if not a book maybe a movie or video game or even a chat room the key is to do something that will completely absorb you so you mind focuses on nothing else

the other trick i learned from my sixth grade teacher ... never let yourself think about something for more than ten seconds no matter what just move from thought to thought no matter how random just keep doing this

think of you first bike then immediately switch to ur high school teacher then you best friend in third grade then a movie then a store you like then a vacation you went kn then you seventh grade teacher etc... etc.... dont stop doing this

I'm so glad to hear you got in to see someone and are able to see her with it paid for...

....Medication is like that... It is a crutch to help you through the first phase of healing.....

Plus one :) I hated to go on depression Meds, but they were needed for me to hold together long enough to get enough of my troubles worked out so that I could get off of them :rolleyes:Were it not for those Meds I would likely be dead :o According to your situation, you may need Meds from now on. Sometimes the disease is so strong that this is the only option. Often as you find other ways to alleviate your problems, you will be able to lower the dosage or quit altogether. Just be sure that you do this with the knowledge and consent of you healthcare people B)

As family privacy is an issue with your insurance plan, you might want to find a cheap cash-pay Doctor to prescribe these meds if you need them instead of your regular GP, and pay cash for the scrip ;) Your counselor may be able to recommend a doctor- it never hurts to ask!.

Bettypooh

I have a process I use to relax, I lay down in bed, head propped up with pillows and find a spot on the ceiling or wall (whatever is most comfortable) to look at and keep my eyes on it.

I then do two things, the first and easiest is to concentrate on the different parts of your body, I start with my feet and make sure they are relaxed. You'd typically think that laying down you're muscles wouldn't be tensed up, but they quite often are. Focus on that part of your body until it's relaxed and limp then move on up along your body, legs, stomach, chest, neck, arms, face. When you feel that you're body isn't tense anymore, start focusing on your breathing, take relaxed, long slow breaths, breath in fairly deeply, but not enough that you really have to force it.

The other thing I do while I'm doing the muscle relaxation is focus my mind one thing, either the spot on the wall I'm looking at or if I'm doing it with my eyes closed, the darkness I'm "seeing". If my mind starts to wander to thoughts about life or problems or basically anything than what I'm looking at, I force my focus back to my eyes and stop thinking about what popped in my mind. Thinking about nothing and clearing your mind may actually takes practice, but it's a great exercise to learn to get your mind off of anything you're worried about.

I've put together this method for myself from a combination of self-hypnosis and meditation techniques, for the most part it works for me.

Let me know if you have any questions.

*huggles*

Michelle

Curi, the person your friend is seeing is not a therapist but a psychiatrist... psychiatrists prescribe medications than will do medication check ups either monthly, every other month, etc.. sometimes bi monthly if needed. The purpose of this 5-15 min visit is to see how the person is 'reacting' to the medications, is it helping them, what are the side effects, does it need to be increased in dosage. They do not provide individual therapy. For that your friend needs to see a Therapist, often an MSW, LCSW, LMHC will follow their name. These professionals have masters degrees, not doctorates and cannot prescribe medication.

You friend may very well need both medication and therapy in combination.... you friend can ask his psychiatrist who he sees for his medication for a list of recommended therapist. The psychiatrist, knowing your friend and his needs may have particular therapists in mind that would work well for him.

I asked him to check with his psychiatrist and it sounds like they may have him going for additional therapy as well. He has severe anxiety issues and a lot of it is rooted in his sister and father's death.