LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Whats The Point In Living?

I am of the opinon that nobody should be allowed there until they have reached age 21, which means a sufficient level of development of the physical mental equipment, and until they have worked for 4 years, Which means an understanding of the world sufficient to resist the lunacy that comes out of the universities, primarily in political economics. In fact, my econ instructor told the class theat Economics has an abysmal record of prediction.

I find that post insulting and stupid. Just because a group of undisciplined teenagers gets a degree in philosophy or some bullshit degree like that, you think no one should go to college until 21. You will be surprised to learn that is not really the case.

I am of the opinion that it is never too early to go to college if you have a plan laid out. I graduated with a bachelor's degree in engineering at the age of 20, because of great planning.

On another note, I find one of the greatest things in life is realizing your ambitions and pursuing them. Forget about money, forget about fame, what do you want to do to make an impact on our society?

It is also true that working hard does not necessitate anything, it also requires a little bit of luck, but it is important not to worry about that. Control what you can control, and do not worry about things that are beyond your control. For example, making a good resume can only increase your odds of success, but will not guarantee it; however, making a bad resume will only hurt your chances of success. The quality of our resumes is in our control.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1
Since that time many companies have rewritten their policies so that nothing less than a degreed person will be hired and that includes former employees.
Really all working for a larger company means is a bigger dick to rape you with.

Really all working for a larger company means is a bigger dick to rape you with.

And at least one company I know of with that kind of policy is now almost out of business...acumen comes in all kinds of packages.

I had my head in a book yesterday, studying for my finals come June, and something occured to me.

What's the fucking point of it all? Why do I even bother?

Before you go to Uni, it's about 12 years of going to school to learn little of value and tons of pointless shit that won't be of use on your University / college course or everyday life, and then when you DO go, you're learning X amount of subjects on your course, again not all of which is going to be necessary in your career (average higher level maths question: 'If an elderly woman is going on a train headed from Las Vegas to Chicago at 25 km/ph, and a man crosses the track holding five apples in one hand and a banana in the other, what time is it?').

Life seems to boil down to this: 12 years of working to get a chance to go somewhere else for 4 years to work even more (can even be as many as 7 if you go for a long normal course and a postgrad to boot), then "Congratulations! Now work a 'real' job for 40-odd years making use of very little of what you studied for fifteen-plus years to accomplish a job you could have replaced some of those years with a couple years of specific useful training!" and then retirement for 20 'comfortable' years of cardigans and possibly senility and loneliness.

And the real kicker? It's not like this bullshit is some 'magic key' to happy land. Is picking the right course supposed to secure a perfect, high-paying job (even though other people are going to be higher paid because they had different interests to you) that you enjoy (of you who are employed, how many of you enjoy your damn jobs? That 40 year of the same thing going well for you?), a positive mentality and a life partner?

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Working hard will secure me nothing but a damn college place and a job in journalism. That's all people are working their ass off for. And the ones who never tried, the underachievers, the ones who didn't give a shit, who hardly lifted a finger, or the ones who were just dumb? They can just as easily live a happier or better life.

To work hard as fuck for 15 years, to be rewarded with another 40 to go and no guarantee you will live a happy life, while the others who were lazy are the ones sitting pretty and living comfortably...I'd feel like the entire fucking world was laughing at me.

Now I think I understand why people drop out before they even reach college.

Hi

It's refereshing to see that some people are waking up and smelling the coffee lol :whistling:

You indicate that you are studying journalism so I would suggest it time to do some real research honey. 80% of what we learn at school is BULLSHIT. The main objective of the current school system is to control, manipulate and institutionilize the future generation. REAL knowledge is power and reserved only for the obscenely wealthy.

The career options are made to seem attractive but in reality the majority of people spend their lives as slaves in a very corrupt system seeing very little of the world and pacified with worthless pieces of paper whilst the people in control spend their time gathering up our vital resources. We are distracted by media, held spellbound by the television and it's secret messages. Tempted to spend our worthless pieces of paper on useless gadgets to distract us out of the actual hell that we all live in. Eventually we reach old age and may realise that we have wasted our lives staring at four walls and spending the majority of time with people we don't really like, although many live it out in ignorance still.

The school and university systems are at best atrocious. All the focus is on the Left side of the brain and the Right side totally undervalued and ignored. Children are pushed towards robotic, tedious reptitive tasks and it is not taken into account at all what the character of that child is or what his/her interests are. Therefore children are labelled as naughty, slow, not up to speed etc when really the poor kid is frustrated, bored and under-stimulated! There is little or no provision made for anything to do with things that really matter in life such as growing food, cooking, building, fishing, community, psychology and being a decent human being. Human Beings are naturally Creative, Artistic, Musical, Mediatators etc all right brain! They are slowly being eroded and as a result there are many stressed unhappy people produced from schools and university especially already in debt, institutionilized and more than willing to slave all their lives for nothing.

We are lied to by every institution that exists. Including the Religious Institutions. I see that you're from Ireland so I'm guessing you're maybe religious? I advise you to watch Zeitgeist full Movie on You Tube it will really open your eyes about a lot of shit going on at the moment and The Esoteric Agenda is also very good research material. It may give you answers for the way you feel at the moment it may not. However if you do watch it keep an open-mind, do your own research and lmk what you thought.

I plan to live my life free and working 70 years for sweet FA is not in my agenda!

all i can say is, i've had some very awful jobs, with very awful bosses.

it took me nine years to get my undergraduate degree.

I'm now in graduate school and work full time.

I have found happiness, love and friendship in ALL of my jobs, all of my schools.... sometimes you just have to accept that you have a sucky job, or a sucky boss, but DO NOT EVER let that prevent you from laughing, smiling, making friends. Use your days off to go somewhere, do something fun, take a walk, go to a movie, go to the beach.

Never let others control your happiness. Never let othres determined when and where you will have fun. Laugh at silly things.... even if its just your own fart.

Studies, real honest to god scientific studies, have shown the benefits of laughter to your body!!!!!

It is cliche... but make the best of any situation you find yourself in.... this doesn't mean you have to be complacent and accept bad siutations.... but there IS ALWAYS something good somewhere... even if its just the sun shining after two weeks straight of rain.

• Like 1

Hi

It's refereshing to see that some people are waking up and smelling the coffee lol :whistling:

You indicate that you are studying journalism so I would suggest it time to do some real research honey. 80% of what we learn at school is BULLSHIT. The main objective of the current school system is to control, manipulate and institutionilize the future generation. REAL knowledge is power and reserved only for the obscenely wealthy.

The career options are made to seem attractive but in reality the majority of people spend their lives as slaves in a very corrupt system seeing very little of the world and pacified with worthless pieces of paper whilst the people in control spend their time gathering up our vital resources. We are distracted by media, held spellbound by the television and it's secret messages. Tempted to spend our worthless pieces of paper on useless gadgets to distract us out of the actual hell that we all live in. Eventually we reach old age and may realise that we have wasted our lives staring at four walls and spending the majority of time with people we don't really like, although many live it out in ignorance still.

The school and university systems are at best atrocious. All the focus is on the Left side of the brain and the Right side totally undervalued and ignored. Children are pushed towards robotic, tedious reptitive tasks and it is not taken into account at all what the character of that child is or what his/her interests are. Therefore children are labelled as naughty, slow, not up to speed etc when really the poor kid is frustrated, bored and under-stimulated! There is little or no provision made for anything to do with things that really matter in life such as growing food, cooking, building, fishing, community, psychology and being a decent human being. Human Beings are naturally Creative, Artistic, Musical, Mediatators etc all right brain! They are slowly being eroded and as a result there are many stressed unhappy people produced from schools and university especially already in debt, institutionilized and more than willing to slave all their lives for nothing.

We are lied to by every institution that exists. Including the Religious Institutions. I see that you're from Ireland so I'm guessing you're maybe religious? I advise you to watch Zeitgeist full Movie on You Tube it will really open your eyes about a lot of shit going on at the moment and The Esoteric Agenda is also very good research material. It may give you answers for the way you feel at the moment it may not. However if you do watch it keep an open-mind, do your own research and lmk what you thought.

I plan to live my life free and working 70 years for sweet FA is not in my agenda!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e09-mystery-of-the-urinal-deuce

• Like 1

No matter where you are in this little journey called life, try to make the time to sit back, relax, and smell the roses. For some working 80 hours a week at some high stress job is their passion. Others tend to adopt a lackladasical approach and skate through life without a care in the world. Most folks fall somewhere in between the two extremes....

One of the keys to living is discovering what 'truly' makes you happy. Every one of us has a relationship, activity, passion, or hobby that has the ability to lift us up to a healthy internal joy. While there are certain aspects of my life that I currently dislike I also know that I can do a few simple things to make me happy....

An education is definitely a tool that should be utilized in our western society. Having a secure income in place while you pursue your dreams will go a long way in eliminating anxiety and doubt down the road. You don't need your job to define who you are but having a good one will make most things easier....

I used to have a 80 hour a week job. Sure I made plenty of money but I didn't have much time for myself or my family. I quit....literally walked out on the job and was out of work for a month but I still knew it was the right thing for me to do. I found another job that pays better AND now I have much more free time to dedicate to me and my family. Having a education allowed me to do that.

Guest Amphetamenace

I'd like to start this one off with a Fight Club quote:

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

Seeing as though this keeps getting bumped I may as well update.

I've kinda gotten over this phase, but 2 months from now I have my finals.

I need to get 500 points (out of a max of 600 over 6 subjects, an A+ being 100 points) to get on my first course, Bachelor of Arts with Creative Writing.

In my mock exams, I got 420 - enough for my second choice, yes, BA with Journalism, but I'm still upset.

I know I can pull it together if I work hard, but I keep switching between 'I can do this' and 'it's hopeless' - and even then I'll spend 2 months between finishing the exams and getting them worrying, ruining my last holiday with my parents.

When I first got the results, I literally beat myself up over it - ran into the bathroom crying, slapped myself across the cheeks so many times and rammed my forehead against the wall - I had a bruise there for a few days but nobody questioned it.

I don't know what to think anymore. I keep wanting to talk with one of my teachers, the counselor, but I keep backing down.

The average student will go up by 60 points between the mocks and the real thing, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get the 80+ more that I need.

We are lied to by every institution that exists. Including the Religious Institutions. I see that you're from Ireland so I'm guessing you're maybe religious?

Didn't notice this until now. Religious in that I believe there's a God? Yes. I lost my faith about 5 years ago but refound it 2 years back. It's hard though at times with the bullshit that goes on with the church, and I'm not 'overly' religious. I just believe.

Seeing as though this keeps getting bumped I may as well update.

I've kinda gotten over this phase, but 2 months from now I have my finals.

I need to get 500 points (out of a max of 600 over 6 subjects, an A+ being 100 points) to get on my first course, Bachelor of Arts with Creative Writing.

In my mock exams, I got 420 - enough for my second choice, yes, BA with Journalism, but I'm still upset.

I know I can pull it together if I work hard, but I keep switching between 'I can do this' and 'it's hopeless' - and even then I'll spend 2 months between finishing the exams and getting them worrying, ruining my last holiday with my parents.

When I first got the results, I literally beat myself up over it - ran into the bathroom crying, slapped myself across the cheeks so many times and rammed my forehead against the wall - I had a bruise there for a few days but nobody questioned it.

I don't know what to think anymore. I keep wanting to talk with one of my teachers, the counselor, but I keep backing down.

The average student will go up by 60 points between the mocks and the real thing, but I'm afraid I won't be able to get the 80+ more that I need.

I have faith that you will come through, but you need to snap out of this and concentrate on your study. I know that is easier said then done, and I don't know exactly what to say as far as advice goes, but I know you will not settle for anything less than what you want.

That said, I have no idea what kind of test this is, but it sounds really important. In the U.S. we have a test called the SAT, which the colleges use to compare student applications, but I am terrible at those types of tests. I have come to believe the SAT and the damn GRE (test for graduate school, which is almost identical to the SAT) tests do not really test ones intelligence or abilities but rather test their guessing skills (Most people I have talked with including current professionals in my field agree). Both the SAT and the GRE are multiple choice for the most part and are timed with an average of 30s to 1min per question depending on the question type.

Wow, I really went off topic, but I am just saying I sympathize with your situation. Obviously, if I had approached the SAT with the type of mindset I have now, I would have no doubt failed in reaching my objectives. That is why it is important to just ignore those thoughts that cross your mind and concentrate on studying like you would for any other test. You know what to do.

It's a time of high stress and that makes it tough to concentrate only on that one goal of the highest possible score :angry:but that is what you must do -_- I would say that you should see a counselor if you think it might help. A general rule of life is that the more help you have, the easier the task at hand will be and the better the outcome will be too-plus the more perspectives you see the more choices of paths there are for you to take to get where you want to go :thumbsup: I wouldn't see a teacher because if there's a disagreement arising it could adversely affect your grade- that won't happen with the counselor ^_^ I'm over 50 now, so 15 years doesn't seem like a lifetime to me anymore but back at your age it does seem that way. I think the best approach is to see where you are at now as the last step of preparing for the rest of your life- after this your future potential will depend on what is about to happen more than anything else, You are about to take on the single most important part of your career- so yes, it's stressful but it's temporary and you will get past it B) Put everything you've got into this. Seek and accept every bit of help you can find to do this better. Don't let anything stand in your way. It seems like forever but it isn't and there's a lot more to come after this one thing is done. You deserve the best chances you can have in life and this is where they begin, not end ;) Best of luck to you!

Bettypooh

1. School isn't about learning, it's only about getting more pay.

2. Religion has lost it's way as a whole, while there are still a few out there can turn to for actual guidance instead of being told everything else is evil, most are just interested in converting everyone and taking their moneys ... kinda like government.

3. Life in general sucks, you have to make your stars, they aren't given to you.

4. Politics is the worst thing for someone with depression to think about, believe me I learned this the hard way. What sucks is that it's impossible to avoid.

But here's the thing, someone already mentioned, the goal in life is to enjoy it despite the hardships. Simple yes, easy ... not really ... but worth it. I am low on cash this month, but I went out and bought the new Pokemon game ... why? Because there are a few games that actually help me resist my depression and Pokemon is one of them. This one was hyped up so much it got my hopes up, still waiting to see the new features though (thanks to an earthquake) but meh, it's entertaining me as it is so it's cool. Something like that tends to help, though it may mean doing without some other needs it's worth it.

Special note, in case of suicidal thoughts, think about this: What if the atheists are right and there is no afterlife? Death becomes far more terrifying once that sinks in, it's kept me alive for a few years now. ;)