LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Experience With Cashier

sorry i was not trying to make the OP feel bad... i was just voicing my opinion.....

I should also have said that I can understand the OP was upset, angry, outraged.... Whether the kid was joking or not, it was inappropriate...

i just personally feel the whole calling corporate was an over reaction....

however, you are right DD... i wasn't there so i don't know...

Either way... $50 in free diapers! or heck... forget the diapers $50 in 50% off valentines day chocolate!!!!

I think it's an overreaction to some kid who said something stupid without thinking about it. Don't get your diapers in a bunch, calm down and chill. Even so, you aren't incontinent so you can't use that argument. You somply wear diapers for fun, there is no medical need.

Time to bash :o Do you think the clerk would have said anything differently to Orange Clock if there had been incontinence involved? Of course not- the clerk could not have known beforehand- so what he said was wrong regardless :( If Orange Clock didn't stop the problem now, how would YOU have felt if you had been the next person to experience this kind of treatment? :( And it would have likely happened again and again had it not been stopped :glare: As I've noted, the issue is about who said what and where, and has absolutely nothing to do with who it was said to or for what reason they were buying Depends- that person could have been any of us :mellow:

Having a job entails acting responsibly at work, and being "a kid" is no excuse from the time you arrive on the job till the time you leave it -_- If any employee of any age says "something stupid" to a customer they deserve to get the rewards of their actions and can have no complaint if and when it happens :blush: Part of having a job is being able to keep your mouth shut when you're supposed to- that goes with any job anywhere held by anyone- and this was one of those times :rolleyes: Part of life is being courteous to others or suffering from the consequences of not doing that- especially when you're dealing with the general public as an employee.

Do Or Do Not- There Is No Trying

Bettypooh

Sorry for my firmness and parent-like scolding. After this post I'm going to step out of this thread. I can understand both main opinion groups (way to go - or - over-reacted) but as an incontinent man (relatively young still I suppose) I take offense to the general public opinion that adult diapers are comic fodder unless you are an 80-something woman. The clerk would never have said that to an old lady, but felt okay saying it to a young guy. That's my issue. The lack of respect, understanding and acknowledgment that incontinence affects millions of people of all ages. The clerk likely assumed that they were for 'grandma" so felt he could joke with the OP about it. But working in a health-care environment SHOULD come with a certain level of respect and discretion towards the customers.

As a diaper-lover it's a funny anecdote. As an incontinent adult its an insult. Quite honestly if it had happened to me I would have played along and made a funny comment back, because I am comfortable with my needs... but I think about if the clerk said that to a young person with incontinence buying protection for the first time: The humiliation of walking into CVS and buying a bag of diapers and presenting them to a stranger behind the counter only to be made fun of and laughed at.

Anyway, 'Clock' forgave the clerk and took steps to make sure it doesn't happen again to him or someone else. The 'kid' learned a lesson and may have to sit through a sensitivity lecture, but will keep his job and hopefully be a bit more sensitive behind the counter, and I got to stand on my Incontinent-Rights soapbox for a minute - all the time hoping I don't have an accident and cause suds to leak out of said box. Case closed.

• Like 3

"CVS and Walgreens have killed local, attentive pharmacies and home medical stores, so they now have to live up to the responsibility they wanted to care for the health needs of the public."

The only time anyone ever said anything jokingly to me WAS at a well known attentive pharmacy / medical store in Cincinnati. I had done my homework and found a downtown store that sold Attends (P & G Days). I bought a two pack case, and the late 40ish / early 50s manager of the store said something along the lines of "you want to leave them in the box or wear them home?"( much to the shock of the slightly older saleslady who scolded him for saying it). I laughed it off but, I was p*ssed, not at him, but, at myself. I kicked myself all the way home for not taking him up on the offer and asking for a place to change!!!!! :roflmao:

I don't see it as an overreaction at all. If I am going to be spending my hard earned money at a CVS or ANY store for that matter, I deserve respect no matter what the purchase may be. It doesn't matter, joking or not, you have to have respect on the job for the customer. I'm glad he spoke up, and can't argue at all for the $50 gift card. You taught the cashier a lesson, and saved someone else who might actually have a medical issue some embarassment and hurt from being asked about wetting the bed, etc.

quote name='DailyDi' timestamp='1297742432' post='386199']

Sorry for my firmness and parent-like scolding. After this post I'm going to step out of this thread. I can understand both main opinion groups (way to go - or - over-reacted) but as an incontinent man (relatively young still I suppose) I take offense to the general public opinion that adult diapers are comic fodder unless you are an 80-something woman. The clerk would never have said that to an old lady, but felt okay saying it to a young guy. That's my issue. The lack of respect, understanding and acknowledgment that incontinence affects millions of people of all ages. The clerk likely assumed that they were for 'grandma" so felt he could joke with the OP about it. But working in a health-care environment SHOULD come with a certain level of respect and discretion towards the customers.

• Like 1

You did the right thing. Cashiers at drugstores, grocery stores, etc. have it drilled into them during training: Don't say anything to the customer about a potentially embarrassing purchase! Whether its adult diapers, tampons, hemorrhoid cream, or whatever they should know to keep their mouth shut and just ring up the purchase! Sure there's plenty of us AB/DLs who can roll with the punches and shrug off something like that happening to us, but there are lots of other people for whom having to buy diapers is horribly embarrassing. Having some dumbshit joke about your medical condition in public like that is really rude.

Wow, I didn't expect there to be such a reaction to my post. To clarify it was not a "kid" who rang me up. He looked anywhere between 25 to 30. I am 21 myself and he was obviously older than me. Although he tried to apologize at first it felt empty an feeble. At first he was only sorry that he was in trouble. I don't think I over reacted. I mean, i'm not suing for mental and emotional damages or anything, or even egging the place after they closed. No, I made a formal complaint to their corporate costumer service line. That's what it's there for, situations just like this. I think I handled the situation in a reasonable and civil manner. I also told the head manager of the store in person that I did not want the emoyee to loose his job over this and that I understand that things happen and sometimes something offensive slips. Everyone was very kind and I am very happy with the outcome.

but after all this i do wonder.. is the OP incon, or just a DL?

Totally irrelevant - it doesn't matter if he wanted to take them home, fry them up and eat them with tomato sauce.

For two reasons. Firstly and most importantly, you just don't make fun of customers health needs (or perceived or possible health needs) in a pharmacy - it's an environment where privacy and professionalism is expected by all customers. End of. Some people can take a jibe (i.e. yourself, as you explained) and some people can't and it's because of the latter group that the cashier should have kept his trap shut. The second reason is obviously that the cashier simply cannot know whether the customer is buying a 'gag gift', is an AB, a DL, running an errand or incontinent but the last is by far the most likely. If they said it to him, they'll surely say it to other customers, and so on until somebody complains. The OP may or may not be the first person the cashier has embarrassed in that way but is presumably the first to have the guts to stand up for himself.

Should it have gone to corporate customer care? Well I'm assuming that when the OP got home, he was still angry enough that he felt calling them was justified which means that the store manager didn't fully resolve the issue, so yes, if he chose to, that was appropriate. The gift card was probably quick "please don't sue us or run to the media" sweetener but the most important thing here is that employee (who didn't get fired) will now know that they need to exercise a lot more sensitivity and restraint behind the counter of a pharmacy than they do at a big box store or McD's and that the regional manager now knows there's a need to reinforce certain standards, even if nothing more comes of it than a memo.

So Yesterday I had my first bad experience with a cashier while buying diapers. I went to the local cvs pharmacy to pick up some depends maximum protection because I had just run out of bambinos and wanted something to use until I would be getting more. I have done this a million times, you just walk up to the register, buy it and walk out with your diapers. It's not rocket science, no one ever truly says or does anything, right? That's what I thought too, until yesterday.

I walked up to the register and set the depends on the counter. The cashier flipped it over to scan it and asked,

"oh you haven't grown out of it yet?"

I was confused at first. Immediately I assumed the sizing of the diaper but that made no sense so I asked,

"excuse me?"

he then proceeded to ask again, with a grin and condescending tone,

"you haven't grown out of peeing the bed yet?"

At this point everything clicked and s#@! just hit def-con 5. I was outraged and demanded to see his manager immediately. I kept my composure but was obviously upset and offended. He did so immediately and started squirming in his shoes. He knew he just did something real stupid. While ringing me up he tried an attempt at a feeble empty apology but I interjected, telling him that I truly did not want to hear it and just wanted to speak to the manager.

The manager arrived only moments afterwords and I explained to him what had happened. I went on to explain that incontinence is a serious issue that anyone, even a young man like myself, can deal with. I explained that I was just embarrassed, belittled and offended by his out of line employee and that I am truly very hurt. Whatever product I buy is my own business and I should not have to feel embarrassed by absolutely anything that I buy in his pharmacy. The manager was very understanding and said that he would have a serious talk with the employee. even though I wasn't truly satisfied with this I just wanted to get out at that point so I left.

But that's not the end of it. I called the corporate headquarters this morning and explained the entire situation in great excruciating detail. The woman who spoke with me seemed truly hurt anyone would do that to someone for any reason and was more than eager to rectify this. She sent a report directly to the regional manager's blackberry and within the hour I had a call from the head store manager. She was beyond apologetic and offered to gave me a $50 gift card to cvs (more diapers does help with the way I feel about this, lol). I accepted the apologies and while I was on the way over to the pharmacy to pick up the gift card, the regional and district managers called me to personaly apologize and to truly touch base with me.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the situation. they had a fast and immediate response. The store manager told me that she gave the employee who did it a written report that will give him only one chance to keep his job. The employee who made the comments had offered to call me and talk to me directly but I declined so he left me a message that he was truly sorry and honestly never meant to hurt me. It was just a stupid attempt to make a joke and he didn't realize the true implications of his words. I'm still upset at him and first impressions are hard to change but I do forgive him for what he said. I don't want him to get fired but I am glad that everything happened the way it did. I did feel bad about alluding to the fact that I was incontinent but I needed to get the point across and I felt that was the best angle to take. I never did lie but I did make it seem as if I was incontinent and being discreet about it. I was as respectable as anyone could be in that situation.

I hope I represented diaper wearers well. I kept on thinking what I would have done if that was the first time I was buying diapers. I think it would have caused me serious anxiety problems. I stood up for all diaper wearers alike.

I agree with the way it was handled, I think the cashier was totally lacking any professionalism. Especially in a pharmacy, what you're buying is your business and nobody else's end of story...

i applaud you, see, i only buy diapers now a days at mom and pop drug stores, and i show up and not even a question was asked. when i do go buy diapers its at a store (wal-mart) i just go to the self check out. but that little bastard of a cashier learned his lesson im sure. what the hell would you say something like that for? People are royal Asshole Casseroles! but great job.

Hope the OP feels great about himself now too. Apparently $50 can buy you off enough to be happy. I think your decision to do something was okay if you were truly offended but the way you went about it, I don't agree with. If you're SOOOO embarrassed about what this guy said and obviously, it was probably more of a joke than anything but then why did you draw even more attention to yourself? Must not have been that embarrassed. If it were me and I was upset, I would have bailed and called the store afterwards. Accepting money from CVS is stupid as well. Why don't you just be like half of america and sue them now too and make a million bucks. If you really wanted to prove a point, you wouldn't accept the gift card. I also agree if this were a hot female cashier, you would have creamed in your pants and tried getting her number and there would have been a whole different post here by you. Sorry, but I think you took it wrong, went about it wrong and a stupid comment made to be funny, although in bad humor, probably cost this kid a whole lot more than you and for what? Why don't you go steal from a kid now and punch an elderly person to make yourself feel better next time they insult you too or are you only going to go after people and companies with the deep pockets. Pathetic.

• Like 1

Considering how pig headed and retarded the general public is when it comes to demanding everything for nothing out of customer service, I would have taken his comments in stride, however if he didn't stop I would have contacted a store manager. His comments were inappropriate and shouldn't have been said.

I have worked cashier positions before, so trust me when I say I know what it is like to have a customer that's really gone far out of their way to make a statement regarding a situation that was not supposed to be taken as offensive. Having worked alongside cashiers, I've heard stories, and have had experiences myself. What come be meant as a casual friendly joke, or passive comment to pass the time, can be taken quite literally as the most offensive thing in the world. A huge portion of the human population is walking on pins and needles, and only one cheeseburger induced rage from a heart attack. Stress is too often found in our society, and a great number of people can snap like a twig at anyone, anytime. It is one thing to yell at the cashier, or talk to the manager, that is fine. However anger turns into unnecessary and harmful stress when the grudge is taken away from the situation and acted on at a later time, when the stress should have eased up and the anger dissolved. Some people can calm dwn after awhile, and some (like the OP here) take the situation above and beyond what is really necessary. The confrontation should be confined to the area in which the "offense" took place. It was acting with exaggeration, by continuing the issue after the initial fallout. What could have been easily forgotten, was not. And this is why there is a lot of unnecessary stress in the world. Too many people get offended easily, and too many people take the offense above and beyond what is necessary. There may not exist an actual "chill pill", but some people like OP would need one, if they did exist. My father is a great example of someoe who quit simply cannot let go of issues after they have been resolved, and he now has heart troubles after years of making situations out of nothing. I am reminded of my father with this thread. Yes, it was inappropriate. But at what point does the inapproriate comment reach the same level as an inappropriate reaction? This guy was not meaning to offend you, but you took it personally. Many people out there can let a comment slide and forget about it, but it is those people who lack the ability to forgive and forget that put their own lives at risk later for heart stress and such. Hopefully you won't snap at the next person who cuts you in line, or walks on your lawn. ;)

But that's not the end of it. I called the corporate headquarters this morning and explained the entire situation in great excruciating detail. The woman who spoke with me seemed truly hurt anyone would do that to someone for any reason and was more than eager to rectify this. She sent a report directly to the regional manager's blackberry and within the hour I had a call from the head store manager. She was beyond apologetic and offered to gave me a $50 gift card to cvs (more diapers does help with the way I feel about this, lol). I accepted the apologies and while I was on the way over to the pharmacy to pick up the gift card, the regional and district managers called me to personaly apologize and to truly touch base with me.

Also be aware that the most likely explanation for why they were going out of their way for you, was not to sincerely apologize, but to "appease the monster". Whenever a customer brings up a situation that could be possibly damaging, the company has to show initiative towards reconciliation. By "personally" calling you and "apologizing" and giving you the gift card, they were simply making you happy so you would stop being angry, and not possibly sue them. A company will do anything to avoid a lawsuit. They basically "settled out of court" with you, by giving you the gift card, which you took with celerity.

EDIT-I also agree along with the others who have said this, that if this person had been an attractive female you would have creamed your pants and probably gone home later to jackoff to it.It is amazing what a simply gender change can do. What was an awful recount of a man making obscene comments about your needing diapers and getting pissed off and calling the company home offices, would have been turned into a potential fap story that no one would have believed.

Hope the OP feels great about himself now too. Apparently $50 can buy you off enough to be happy. I think your decision to do something was okay if you were truly offended but the way you went about it, I don't agree with. If you're SOOOO embarrassed about what this guy said and obviously, it was probably more of a joke than anything but then why did you draw even more attention to yourself? Must not have been that embarrassed. If it were me and I was upset, I would have bailed and called the store afterwards. Accepting money from CVS is stupid as well. Why don't you just be like half of america and sue them now too and make a million bucks. If you really wanted to prove a point, you wouldn't accept the gift card. I also agree if this were a hot female cashier, you would have creamed in your pants and tried getting her number and there would have been a whole different post here by you. Sorry, but I think you took it wrong, went about it wrong and a stupid comment made to be funny, although in bad humor, probably cost this kid a whole lot more than you and for what? Why don't you go steal from a kid now and punch an elderly person to make yourself feel better next time they insult you too or are you only going to go after people and companies with the deep pockets. Pathetic.

first off, troll. second, Have you even read the thread? When I said that I thought I wasn't overreacting I gave the specific example of suing them to show what would be overreacting. I was truly offended and let costumer service know. I'm not going to turn down an offer for a gift card but I'm not asking for it. I had to bring something up, otherwise it might happen again. I hope that cvs can use this as an example for more than just this store and possibly save a lot of people who might not speak up some grief. That's why it is important to call corporate if you have a problem, because they WILL solve it. Big companies want to make you happy. I can guarantee you that I was not going to shop at a cvs again and be a true american and capitalist by not supporting their business and telling others not to either. But because they went out of their way to take care of me and showed that they truly cared about me as a costumer I will be shopping there still and I will highly recommend them, then they in turn do well as a business. It makes good sense to make the costumer happy. I don't know where you get this idea that this is some kind of shakedown. Just good old fashion capitalism.

Also, to all the people that say I would react differently if the cashier was a woman I would have to disagree. I am a true bisexual and trust me when I say that he was very cute and I'm still upset. If the cashier was a girl and had said the exact same thing in the exact tone and body language I truly believe I would have reacted the same way.

• Like 1

first off, troll.

I was truly offended and let costumer service know. I'm not going to turn down an offer for a gift card but I'm not asking for it. I had to bring something up, otherwise it might happen again. I hope that cvs can use this as an example for more than just this store and possibly save a lot of people who might not speak up some grief. That's why it is important to call corporate if you have a problem, because they WILL solve it. Big companies want to make you happy. I can guarantee you that I was not going to shop at a cvs again and be a true american and capitalist by not supporting their business and telling others not to either. But because they went out of their way to take care of me and showed that they truly cared about me as a costumer I will be shopping there still and I will highly recommend them, then they in turn do well as a business. It makes good sense to make the costumer happy. I don't know where you get this idea that this is some kind of shakedown. Just good old fashion capitalism.

Call me whatever name pleases you, doo-doo-head!

You absolutely can turn down a gift card. I've turned down free stuff, plenty of times, especially at restaurants. I was just offered the other day a free drink for my wife and I as we sat and waited for over 45min past our reservation time. I politely said no as I'm not the type to stick it to them because some table decided to stay for 3 hours. I've not taken free gifts I've been offered before over having to send food back, or being spilled on by a waiter unless it truly was a big, big deal but it's usually just an accident. Unless it actually is going to "cost" me, I may take the offer of money to make me whole. I have and you should just take it in stride, it's not a big deal, sh!t happens, move on and don't cry over spilled milk. I've had poor customer service and been rudely talked to. To me, if that's the case, like you said, don't support them. There are a number of places I've called in anonymously and voiced a complaint and for me, when they offer me something I tell them something along the lines, "no, that won't do anything, just fix the problem, that's what I want you to do." I may give them another shot, if it's not fixed, I'm done. I actually had a diaper company recently promise their deliveries were discrete and wound up with two cases of diapers clearly stating what they were on my front step. I called them, notified them and they offered me $10 off my next order. I told them it's not the point and you can't unring a bell and you're not going to buy me off because there's no money that they're going to offer me that's going to change what happened.

Yeah, I saw the overreacting would be suing but you essentially got bought off instead. Depends on how you want to look at it, that may be just like suing without the court and it basically is "settling out of court". I don't know, maybe it's me but paying me for something isn't always the solution. I suppose it could be if it actually cost me but how can you put a price on feelings. Apparently most people can. Many people have hurt my feeling and said nasty rude things to me throughout my life. If they did it and gave me money would I feel better? Probably not. Some people may though.

Call the store, like you did, express your concerns and let them handle it. To me though, you can't always let one egg spoil the bunch. Sure, this guy's representing CVS but come on, really, this guy is just an employee working to make a few bucks and doesn't "REALLY" represent the whole big huge company. Some people make mistakes, in poor humor, and it may hurt but it's just one guy and I'm sure it would have been handled on the store level.

I've worked in retail for many, many years and being a manager for years, saw many complaints over that time. Some were legit, some where a stretch and some where just a load of crap. I could definatly tell a person’s personality though when they'd bring up an issue. Some were like me who say, "hey buddy, just FYI, this cashier made a rude comment to me I didn't appreciate" and we have a 30 second chit-chat and they were calm and on their way not expecting anything. I'd take the necessary actions with the employee and that was that.

Other people always seemed like they wanted a HUGE reaction immediately like I was supposed to fire the employee on the spot in front of them and hand the customer the keys to the store in compensation. No matter what, you just can't make some people happy and they want something for nothing. Never once, did I offer somebody money for "feelings". Like you said, they may quite shopping there but eventually, most come back after they realize, you know, it wasn't that big of a deal and it was just one employee who did wrong.

Lastly, I feel as if this were some small town pharmacy, you may have gone about it differently too. Sure, big companies want to make you happy because they don't want some guy putting them on the front page of the news, which the news would give a crap about if it's a small town company. The second reason is because they have deeper pockets which means more to give. I honestly think just notifying the store was enough. My opinion I guess though, everybody has one and they're probably all different too.

• Like 3

Call me whatever name pleases you, doo-doo-head!

You absolutely can turn down a gift card. I've turned down free stuff, plenty of times, especially at restaurants. I was just offered the other day a free drink for my wife and I as we sat and waited for over 45min past our reservation time. I politely said no as I'm not the type to stick it to them because some table decided to stay for 3 hours. I've not taken free gifts I've been offered before over having to send food back, or being spilled on by a waiter unless it truly was a big, big deal which it's still an accident. Unless it actually is going to "cost" me, I have and you should just take it in stride, it's not a big deal, sh!t happens, move on and don't cry over spilled milk. I've had poor customer service and been rudely talked to. To me, if that's the case, like you said, don't support them. There are a number of places I've called in anonomysly and voiced a complaint and for me, when they offer me something I tell them something along the lines, no, that won't do anything, just fix the problem. I may give them another shot, if it's not fixed, I'm done. I actually had a diaper company recently promise their delivers were discrete and wound up with two cases of diapers clearly stating what they were on my front step. I called them, notified them and they offered me $10 off my next order. I told them it's not the point and you can't unring a bell and you're not going to buy me off because there's no money that they're going to offer me that's going to change what happened.

Yeah, I saw the overreacting would be suing but you essentially got bought off instead. Depends on how you want to look at it. I don't know, maybe it's me but paying me for something isn't always the solution. I suppose it could be if it actually cost me but how can you put a price on feelings. Apparently most people can. Many people have hurt my feeling and said nasty rude things to me throughout my life. If they did it and gave me money would I feel better? Probably not. Some people may though.

Call the store, like you did, express your concerns and let them handle it. To me though, you can't always let one egg spoil the bunch. Sure, this guy's representing CVS but come on, really, this guy is just an employee working to make a few bucks and doesn't "REALLY" represent the whole big huge company. Some people make mistakes, in poor humor, and it may hurt but it's just one guy and I'm sure it would have been handled on the store level.

I've worked in retail for many, many years and being a manager for years, saw many complaints over that time. Some were liggit, some where a stretch and some where just a load of crap. People always seemed like they wanted a HUGE reaction immediately like I was supposed to fire the employee on the spot infront of them and hang the customer the keys to the store in compensation. No matter what, you just can't make some people happy. Never once, did I offer somebody money for "feelings". Like you said, they may quite shopping there but eventually, most come back after they realize, you know, it wasn't that big of a deal and it was just one employee who did wrong.

Lastly, I feel as if this were some small town pharmacy, you may have gone about it differently too. Sure, big companies want to make you happy because they don't want some guy putting them on the front page of the news, which the news would give a crap about if it's a small town company. The second reason is because they have deeper pockets which means more to give. I honestly think just notifying the store was enough. My opinion I guess though, everybody has one and they're probably all different too.

Call me whatever name pleases you

Then I shall call you troll only because I have your blessing. :lol:

Again, If I am offered something I do not turn it down. Also, I didn't say I can't turn it down I said I won't turn it down. Those subtle differences in context can completely change the meaning of sentences and ideas so let's get that straight. I was not seeking compensation or putting a price on anything intrinsic or intangible like my feelings. I just wanted this to not happen again to anyone else. That's it, nothing else. No pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or some magical reward. All I wanted was to know that this would never be repeated. That is more than reasonable to do. The fact that they offered me something is their own choice and business. I wasn't asking for it but I'm sure as hell not going to say no.

• Like 6

Can we please stop neg repping each other and pos repping our own posts to boost our appearances? I know that's what's happening here, to neg the opposition and pos your own post. God, I hate this reputation system. Anyway, to the 'troll" user above, you have turned down a mighty lot of free stuff over the years. Indulge yourself, brother, and take some freebies once in a while! Secondly, to orange clock, I don't think this kind of thing would happen to anyone else because not many people would be so offended. By acting super-offended, you actually put yourself in the spotlight. Most incontinent people would not bring so much attention to their own problem for a passive comment as was here. Most people would brush it off, and go about their day. For some reason you were super offended and actully brought attention to yourself. By creating a scene you are giving off the impression the ABDL community is super uptight and needs to chillax a bit. People aren't out to get you! If I reacted like this everytime someone said sometihng to me or even around me in public, most of my day would be spent calling customer services representatives. Sometimes we must relax and let things go. Don't let the cashier at CVS piss you off so much. That's silly!!

• Like 3

I find it odd that some one who can in a very coherent and educated manner express what they feel about your actions gets called a Troll by you.

That's all I've really got to say about this other than:

Btw, if it was really about principle, and watching out for the other guy, you would have declined the gift card.

• Like 2
Guest littlesissy

It's just my opinion, but I think you overreacted. I would have talked with the young man myself rather than involving the manager. You could have caused him a heap of trouble over a mistake. He was probably too immature to realize that it wasn't funny or that people your age actually wear diapers (ie: thinking you were buying them for someone else). And I would have DEFINITELY turned down the $50 gift card.

Hopefully, they had a good laugh at your expense when you left... people REALLY need to lighten up.

How I would have handled it:

Clerk: "You still pee the bed huh?"

Me: "Oh, these, these are for YOUR MOM, that bitch still owes me a new mattress, but it's all good."

Clerk: "uuuuhhhhhhh"

Me: Yeah, I thought so, next time, mind your own damn business and ring up my purchase.

Make a stupid comment, get a stupid comment.

• Like 3

Well why be the only one not to chime in...

Should a cashier ever make a comment (other than the professionals trying to help), clearly no.

Would this cashier have really said this is he actually thought you were buying them for yourself, probably not.

Just a stupid human trick, our mouths sometimes outrun our brains.

• Like 1

I personally don't agree with all the overkill the OP did. But a the same time I think that's what the kid gets. It's a prime example of learning how to watch what you say in the professional world, and the repercussions that can follow. What a dumbass.

• Like 1

Are you serious? If it was a girl cashier you'd gone home and beat off.

Did you tell them that you were going to post all this on a diaper fetish website? You know, just to give them an idea of how hurt you were?

This response isn't just aimed at Mr. Johnson's response, but at all the others here who posted that he over reacted and should just have brushed it off.

WTF? This guy was embaressed in front of people by a clerk who made an obvious unwarrented comment! As mentioned, many people of all ages are incontinent and that is why manufacturers make and sell absorbent products. That's also why this particular store stocks and sells those products! You don't say to a woman who's buying 2 or 3 packages of panty liners, "Heavy flow month?" You don't say to a guy who's buying a couple cases of beer, "Planning to get wasted tonight?" You don't say to a guy with an obviously stuffed up nose who's sick and coughing "Are you gonna make a fresh batch of Meth with that cough medicine?"

This was properly handled all the way around. I have not hesitated myself to contact a manager or even corporate offices when I have not been treated right at a store or restaraunt. I don't complain about little things that can happen to anyone but the major mistreats by staff and managers do not go ignored by me. First I give the manager a chance to understand the situation, what happend and make things right but depending on how it's handled and the severity of the suitation, sometimes the only way to get the point across is to go over someone's head in order to impress upon people what is not proper behavior.

Example: Once at my former job I had a customer call me to complain of a missed installation appointment that had happened twice (and before some smart alick asks me why it was my 'former' job, I left of my own decision to move up to a new career with better chances of advancement and higer pay). I contacted the installation supervisor who was in another city, explained the situation and was assured the next appointment would not be missed under any circumstances. Guess what! It was missed! I escalated this to my own manager while still working the problem myself. As it was, my manager contacted the two head managers of installation for the local area, explained in detail the entire situation of promesis and missed appointments and was sent an e-mail from them basically saying, "Quit your complaining! Just who do you think you are?" That in itself just goes to show you that your employees are only as good as their managers! Well, that was the wrong answer! Those managers had no idea that my boss knew everyone in the business! She contacted the head district manager that handled the area from Colorado to Ohio and not only explained the whole situation, but forwarded him the e-mail she recieved! I was in her office when she put the call on speaker phone from both managers apologizing up one side and down the other! They promised to not only make sure the next installation appointment was fulfilled, but also to waive any and all charges and personally follow up! Sometimes the wrath of God (or the threat of losing one's job) can create a complete change of one's attitude! Sometimes you have to do things like that to make even local managers wake up and do their job properly!

I'm sure that the clerk in this store really didn't mean to embaress or maliciously have his comment be the way it was. Who knows? Maybe he did if he was smirking about it. The point is, I think just about everyone here over the age of 35 will agree that good customer service has been getting worse and worse over the years. Everything from warrentees, fast food and restaraunt service, snotty clerks, poor action from phone reps when calling to straighten out a bill, calling to get your cable, phone, gas or electric service fixed when you have a problem, and just plain uncourtious people! We don't have to take that! It's the customer's that pay their saleries! When treated wrong, we have every right to complain about it, all the way to the top if necessary! If no one ever complains, how will anything get any better? Right! It won't! It will only keep getting worse and worse!

Just a few months ago I was asked by my current boss to call to fix a problem he had with a utility of his. I used to work for that company as a manager and knew the insides of the business. It took me almost 2 weeks and 6 calls to 6 different people to get the problem solved. Had I still been working there I could have had it fixed in 2 minutes, and I am not exaggerating! The first 2 people I spoke with didn't even know what the problem was when it was sitting right in front of them on their computer screen when they pulled up the account! The second two people tried to fix the problem but badly screwed up the simple computer entries (I know this from the final person I talked to who told me what had been done step by step as I explained to him each and every phone call and name I had spoken with and on which day)! The fifth person couldn't help at all and transfered me to the guy who finally took care of the problem! 4 calls, 6 people over 11 days! For something that any person there should have been able to fix right away on the initial call!

Customer service will just keep getting worse and worse until these people and their managers learn how to treat people properly! Maybe 20 year olds out there are used to poor service and rude clerks. They accept it as "just the way it is". They grow up expecting poor service as the way of life. Then they and store clerks, etc., never learn how to be nice to people and it becomes a trend among people to just offer and accept poor service, especially some young people who are just starting out with their first jobs. Everything these days seem to be sales oriented and not customer service anymore. People just aren't trained on how to properly and nicely take care of a customer, especially when there is a problem.

I don't think this clerk should have been fired, but yes, he and the managers all the way from the district managers down to the individual store managers should be made aware of the severity of his actions! It's bad enough when something like this happens to a customer in a CVS store, but what happens if that clerk has ambitions to work his way up a corporate ladder somewhere, possibly working with clients, and he treats others the same way? He will learn really fast at the expense of his job and a possible lawsuit against his company when he mistreats a potential customer!

One of my very first jobs I had in retail sales at a local store was very customer orientated! We had weekly meetings with management and training on how to be polite to all our customers at all times! Even when someone was very angry and shouting at us, we were taught to be apologetic and nice! Then on our break in the back room we could call the customer a "dirty rotten son-of-a-bitch!" I've always felt that on an employee's first ever job they should be treated as though they didn't know anything about good customer service. You have to be taught and learn on your very first job the skills that will take you through the rest of your life and how you treat people going forwards is what often leads to advancemet and better paying jobs. To have a snotty nosed clerk in a store make rude comments (twice) and accuse you of never having outgrown wetting your bed because you are buying Depends or other incontinence products is totally wrong in so many ways! Then to have people here say things like "You over reacted! Shrug it off" or worse, "Are you serious? If it was a girl cashier you'd gone home and beat off." Maybe some of them would have gone home and been so excited and thrilled sexually to be spoken to like that that they would have gone home and "Beat off"! That dosn't mean you and most of the others here are like that! You did things just right! Hopefully many people all around have learned something that will serve them well in the future when dealing with customers. Far from seeing it as a diciplinary action, look at it as a way of educating many people on good customer service and think of how many others you might have saved from a similar embaressment!

• Like 4