LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Diaper Cover Coming To Nicediaper

not to derail (actually related to this awesome diaper cover) but did this place go to free shipping? also can anybody looking at this look at the questions i have in this other thread? http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25082

i should have picked this "hotter" thread to have the discussion, but that seems like the right place.

I think that their 'training pants' have this same feature, which I thought was interesting. It would help prevent leaks and contain messy messes (AKA "blow outs" in little kids) and keep stuff from leaking past the leg bands and running down your legs.....embarrassing :blush: Weather they actually 'work' or not and last a decent amount of time is something else to be seen.

So that I know what we are talking about and can translate it into Real-Worldspeak: What exactly is a "diaper cover"?

Snap-front waterproof pant.

That had those in the early 1950's.

This is a new term and not in general use. One I had not seen befroe about 5 years ago so I am trying to get a full understanding/. In fact most of what I see around here just does not fit anything I know. It is like having landed on a planet that looks like Earth, with the major categories looking similar but the workings being nearly totally alien: Two worlds divided by a common language. From what I know of DPF, that division took place in the last decade or 15 years at most.

Any special material or the like?

A diaper cover is something that does just that, cover a diaper...I know it sounds kind of silly :P This is opposed to plastic/ vinyl/or rubber pants. The difference in this case is this diaper cover is PUL fabric plus a liner, mostly for use with (but strictly for) cloth diapers.

Google "diaper cover" and see what comes up. Mostly this is something that came out of the 'new generation' of diapers made by WAHM's.

Also, it's something to cover a diaper so it is more decorative, and 'cute' when being seen :blush: and adds to childrens fashion etc, as opposed to a kids diaper just hanging out and drroping when wet/ full etc and grossing people out, a cover hides that, and adds some support etc.

This is all MHO mostly, from what I have leraned through surfing and shopping. Pull on and snap on plastic pants can be considered a 'cover' as well, but a 'cover' seems to be more decoritive and colorful, than just plain PPS or so..they both serve the same purpose.

I hope this helps

^ Duck gets a cookie. It's not a traditional "Plastic Pant" as we know it, but it is a fancy, waterproof diaper cover with double leg gathers

I gotted A COOKIE! :D

I can haz cookiez!

kool!

*happy dance*

There have been print baby panties for decades.

Also, these were considered to be underwear, not fashion statements. They were to be covered by outer clothes and we did fine with the white, blue pink and yellow or the like for generations. This reeks of get-a-life to me: Hey; folks; it's a DIAPER not a formal gown and tiara. But then, I am a member of KISS: Keep It Simple;Stupid. Next thing, is that you will need a different design for every day of the week, Every hour of the day then...

Say Duck, It looks like you have come up in the wrorld from being a perverted whore.

I likes em (sticks tounge out)

Typical boy:)

*is a perverted Cookie whore now* :P

Well, how would you like to be a perverted baby panty whore? That has GOT to hurt

• 2 weeks later...

There have been print baby panties for decades.

Jap-style diaper covers are a little different; they have an overlapping waist band that pulls up quite firmly, then a front panel which comes up between the legs. The effect is a much tighter, snugger fit and less droop in a wet diaper. There should also be a panel in the back into which the diaper fits, which prevents leaks at the back of the waist. as far as I can see, the Japs don't use pins - they rely on the close tailored fit of the diaper cover to keep the diapers in place. The overall effect is quite different form loose-fittong snap-front pants.

Trust the Japs to think it through!