LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I Wait?

I am 18, and only just moved out of my parents house. and yes I have a roomate, and he knows, and is OK with me trying this.

but should I wait to try this? and if I do try I will be using the 12 month traing program, and following it to the T, except for any changes suggested in my other thread. but is 18 to early to try this? if so, how long should I wait? I have planned every single last step of this out, I have read the 12 month traing program ten times, and I plan to read it even more times, I have thought of the pros and the cons, and I am willing to do this. and even if you say that 18 is too early, I will most likely still do it, I am just curious for other peoples opinion.

if you are asking if you should wait then YES YOU SHOULD WAIT!

if you have to ask, clearly you have reservations..... thats your mind telling you not to do it... so don't.... wait until you don't feel the need to ask anymore... then you will be ready....

• Like 1

When I did it, I was ready, but (thankfully before I lost any real amount of continence) financial things changed and we could not afford diapers anymore, and without a medical need, I had to stop.

If you're looking for approval, no one can tell you not to, you're an adult (by some standards, anyway) and it's your choice. A LOT of people will have lots of reasons they wouldn't want to, in your place, but it really all comes down to what you want and need.

I'd say this: In my case, and that of relatively few AB/DL individuals, being diaper dependent (and having no choice but to wet and mess at any time) is a foregone conclusion, it WILL happen, eventually. Simply because it already a part of who we are. For many AB/DLs who are truly incontinent, they would choose to have a choice if they could. That does not diminish what *I* need, or what anyone ELSE needs. But most of the members here, and most "recreational diaper wearers" have no such need, and the desire is fleeting.

I recall reading many posts from young people who want to be incontinent or otherwise diaper dependent, but they haven't even worn diapers for a whole DAY, WEEK, or MONTH. I wore to bed for over a year and over five months 24/7. Only now am I about ready to negotiate with Mommy for another try at bedwetting.

I'll relate to you my own experiences and let you decide- it's your decision anyway and not anyone elses ;)

Wherever my being DL came from, it was strong and I was accepting of that. The thought of incontinence was appealing to me. I could not tell if it was a fantasy dream or a desire with deeper roots like my gender or my being DL :angel_not: Being over 40 and having learned the value of patience I decided to wait awhile. That time brought something I didn't expect- a return of my childhood daytime bladder problems :blush: I had to wear protection now; there was no alternative. You might think that this and my wearing 24/7 would tip the scales toward my pursuing the dream of incontinence but it didn't :huh:

I came to realize that being totally bladder incontinent was something I could handle if I had to, but it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend, and there were the other usual issues to consider such as always having a change with me, and having to change when I needed to which was not always going to be when I wanted that to happen :( I used to go hiking and camping some. Now half my pack would have to be diapers and the used ones would have to be carried out. Rashes and irritations from chafing wouldn't be curable with an underwear style change. No more going out in a boat and jumping in the water to cool off. No more just jumping up and doing anything- everything would have to be planned so that I would be able to maintain my diapering throughout. And with that many diapers around there would be no way to hide it from anyone including friends, family, job, or potential dates :angry2: If I were that incontinent, my life would have to be rearranged to work around diapers, with any other desires, wants, and wishes taking second place whether I liked it or not :o To me that does not seem like the happy thought I once thought it could be :crybaby:

Maybe you are ready, willing, and able to live happily with everything you want in life taking a back seat to needing diapers and all that goes with it, but I am not :rolleyes: If fate hands me worse than my current leakage I'll deal with it, but I'm letting fate make the decision because I now see that I am not wise enough to make a good decision on this for myself, so I certainly can't decide it well for you either.

Always be careful what you ask for because you just might get it and find that what you got wasn't what you thought it would be B) Ten times that if it's something that might be forever!

Bettypooh

I find it hard to imagine that at your age, you would even THINK about trying to become incontinent for life, let alone want to.

It's like people that get married right out of high school, and go to college married. Life has not even begun and situations change.

I'm a DL. I can pick and choose my times to be diapered. In reviewing the situation, it would be damned difficult to have to be in diapers all the time. It's simply not convenient a lot of the time.

Geez, enjoy "playing" with diapers right now. Talk to true incons relating to work and relationships. THEN make a decision.

As for me, I vote for WAIT!

I've said it elsewhere on this board, but I think the 12-month program is philosophically wrong. You shouldn't wake up one day, and decide you are permanently in diapers. I am a gradualist, and, in addition, there is nothing morally wrong with wearing padding when you feel the need, and not wearing padding when you don't, or not using padding to it's fullest extent when you do wear it, even for something stupid like convenience.

So, my advice to you is:

1) The dietary stuff is worth following....it's actually decently healthy, all that fruit and fiber...so do it...and drink plenty of water. Don't forget the exercise, that's also an important part of taking good care of yourself.

2) Wear diapers all this month...and don't pee anywhere else. Just try it on for size...and see, if on the last day of the month, you feel the same as the first in relationship to your diapers. Then spend a week wearing diapers with the intention of getting out of them for the following week. After that, do what comes naturally. And vow to get some very good grades, as you are going to need some resources to purchase your diapers.

at 18 i doubt your finances are stable enough to handle the cost of diapers 24/7 and build a future buy a house start a family (which will be harder for several reasons like finding a partner who accepts you as incontinent and you will be less potent). If given a choice i would wait till you have a carrier and a long term stable outlook with things in order for your old age. Planning on being incontinent is fine imo but plan the rest of your life too.

If you need to ask if it is the right thing to do,then the simple answer is you are not ready to do it that is simple.

But at 18 do you honestly want to be incontinent,the rest of your life ahead of you and avs someone else said,yu will find it very hard to get someone to date you when you are incontinent,there is not a lot of people who will take to a young man/woman who has to wear a diaper on a 24/7 basis.

So my advice is that you should not do it,you might not agree with anyoe telling you that and you might just go ahead and do it,that is your choice but please give it a great deal of thought,being incontinent and needing to wear diapers on a 24/7 basis realy is not that great.

Think of all the ways that this will change your life,apart from the cost you will need to get changed in public washrooms,and if it is a tape held diaper those in the ext stall will hear ou taking it off,and you will need to carry clean diapers with youno matter where you are going,can you realy handle all of that,what about when you go for drinks with friends or to any sort of nightclub,and if there is no where to put your used diaper,so please think about this log and hard.

• 2 months later...

I would advise you to seriously think it through and wait- think of all that being incontient entails. It is a drastic life change, and something that shouldn't be rushed into. Try wearing 24/7 for a while and see how that goes first.

Lots of people saying wait, but I'll put an alternative view: In the years I've been reading about, and actually speaking to, people who have either experimented or achieved some form of diaper-dependance, I've only once come across someone who had any regrets about being diaper-dependant. If you consider what the OP planned to do, he would have many many months of using diapers 24/7 to be able to weigh up the downsides, and at any time he will be able to stop the experiment. I don't know of anyone who has managed to be irreversable incontinent by habit in less than a year.

So why *not* wait? I know people who have spent years and years and years wondering if they should, for whatever reason, be incontenent. And clearly there are plenty of people who should, since it's their identity. Quite a few people report that the years they spent questioning that identity were years wasted, and that, having aligned themselves with their identity, they are much happier. I don't think dependance is for me, but I know that I've only in the last few years reached a comfortable understanding that I need diapers regularly and that it is part of who I am. Maybe if I had the guts to have embraced my diapers and pacifier needs at the tender age of the OP I would have not spent so much of my 20's and 30's angst-ridden.

Justdipered - go for it: If it is not for you now at least you'll know and won't waste years wondering. If it is for you, the very real inconviences of needing diapers all the time will be a price you will be happy to pay for the peace it will bring you.

• Like 2

While I don't know if the OP has moved on, I have to agree to some extent Tadpole. I seriously doubt that anyone without a firm and unshakable desire to be in diapers more-or-less permanently could go through the kind of training that diaper dependence requires from a fully continent person. Most will find the things that would keep them from enjoying it 24/7 and either stop their training, or find a way to live with the change.

On the other hand, if there were a magic pill, surgery, shot or quick fix...we'd have a LOT more unemployed teens who find they need a constant supply of diapers on hand, and no way to go back to 'the way things were'.

While I don't know if the OP has moved on, I have to agree to some extent Tadpole. I seriously doubt that anyone without a firm and unshakable desire to be in diapers more-or-less permanently could go through the kind of training that diaper dependence requires from a fully continent person. Most will find the things that would keep them from enjoying it 24/7 and either stop their training, or find a way to live with the change.

On the other hand, if there were a magic pill, surgery, shot or quick fix...we'd have a LOT more unemployed teens who find they need a constant supply of diapers on hand, and no way to go back to 'the way things were'.

Exactly: It's not like the OP was planning on using some mythical magic pill. And there are certainly some people who will only feel "complete" when they have achieved the identify that, for whatever reason, they are seeking. To therefore delay the experiment (which I don't believe there is any evidence to say it is not 100% reversible in the first year) could be to delay finding a level of peace that enables the person to move on with their life. And if after a few months they realise it is not "for them", then they will not waste any more time considering it.

• 4 weeks later...

Try going through 'anti-hegel' exercises and minor diaper training(peeing in any position, becoming comfortable, MAYBE hypnosis) while establishing yourself financially and getting settled into your life. That way, you can still enjoy dabbling in it before making a commitment, and if the time comes around you are financially capable and still want to do it it will be that much faster and easier.

+1

I hadn't thought about that much. I've worn for so long that I can sorta forget when I'm wearing diapers and just go, but it's certainly not like I can't hold it. It's more like I have a grasp on being able to go when I want to. Some newbies seem to struggle with this, and must push to start a stream, can't go with an erection, etc. My wife can't even pee on the toilet without pushing consciously, it's how she learned as a child. Practicing the ability to pee (or poo I guess) without trying might be a good starting place for those who cannot go 24/7 as of yet.