LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help With Adult Pull-Ups.

This is a long story and a request for help, so please bear with me.

Intelligent feedback only please, if you are going to say something stupid just keep it to yourself.

It would be an understatement to say that I don't have the world's greatest bladder control. Generally when the urge hits it is a RIGHT NOW kind of thing, I only have a few minutes to address the issue before bad things happen.

I work in a special needs care facility, which creates a complicated set of circumstances and procedures that must be handled before I can take a toilet break. First I have to make sure that someone will be in the room to supervise the clients. If one of the other staff members isn't in the room with me I have to page someone and wait for them to arrive. Also we keep staff restrooms locked for safety reasons, don't want a client roaming in there and coming to harm. So I have to run all the way to the front desk to get the key, hoping that someone isn't already using it or has mindlessly kept the key in their pocket after their own toilet break, which happens more often than you would think.

This has lead to an alarming number of close calls and a few embarrassing occasions where I have had to work the rest of the day without underwear because mine were soaked by the time I got to the toilet. Miraculously I have managed to avoid a full pants wetting, but I count that mainly on luck and sheer force of will.

I have diapers at home for night-time use, but don't want to wear them to work because:

A) All the untaping and shifting practically eliminates any chance that I would get to use the toilet, even if I made it into the restroom on time.

B ) My job keeps me on my feet moving around all day and I've found that even the best diapers get saggy and clumpy after several hours of activity, dry or otherwise.

C) Diapers aren't very discreet. Some of our clients wear adult diapers, so my co-workers and supervisors know what they look like and what they sound like. While I don't necessarily mind admitting a genuine need for them I'd rather avoid that if at all possible.

This being said, I have been using adult pull-ups so far. While they are OK I am always looking for something better.

So far I've tried:

Depend adjustable "underwear". Too thin. Fit is gappy, even when adjusted, narrow crotch causes leaks.

Tranquility "overnight" underwear. Made small, just like their diapers. Leg holes aren't big enough which causes the seams to pop if I bend over to quickly.

Medline Protection Plus overnight underwear. Essentially a pad glued into paper panties. Fit nice but they leak more often than not.

I have been eyeing the Abena AbriFlex pullups but can't find any reviews anywhere from someone that has actually tried them.

Do any of you use pull-ups as opposed to (or to supplement) your diapers? What would you recommend for someone in my situation?

• Like 1

to tell the truth i have tried many different brands my self and have found none that works for me(the pull up style anyways) but i incontinent

for me thay just dont hold up varry well

What about regular Depends pull ups that are designed for women or men? I get the ones that have super absorbency. I believe the adjustable kind is just extra absorbency. I had to wear pull ups last year when I had a cold because coughing caused me to leak sometimes a lot. It held everything just fine and sometimes I was leaking bad when I coughed. If you're a real female what about Poise pads? They come in various thicknesses and it's just like wearing a maxi pad. I wear Poise pads for light coverage on a daily basis just a precaution as a cough or sneeze or laugh could cause me to leak especially if I need to use the restroom. Sometimes I didn't know that I needed to go until I leaked a little bit. I've had to change my underwear and sweats a few times due to this. If I'm out in public I sometimes fear an accident and the pads help me feel more confident. I'm not wetting bad enough to need a pull up full time during the day at this point. Good luck!

• Like 1

I have used the AbriFlex, and I find them to be the most comfortable of the pull-up style products. I would highly recommend them, as they are very comfortable, and fairly absorbent. Absorbency-wise they are about the same as the Tranquility Overnight. One other solution you should consider is the Abri-Let pads. In the big sizes, they have leak guards and as much or more absorbency than what you have been getting with pull-ups. They fit into your underwear, so no tearing happens.

• Like 1

I wear the Abri-Flex pullups regularly. They are vey absorbent and fit well around the legs for me at least. I prefer pullups as they give me the option of using the toilet or wetting the pullup. Would suggest that you try a bag before you buy a case, everyone has diffeerent bodies. Prices vary online so you should shop options. Good luck!

The Abena pull-ups are great. They are discrete yet hold a lot. I can flood them twice with no problems. The sides will break away for easy removal when you are done with it. I like to wear them to work or out and about as it gives you a choice to use the bathroom if its convenient or to use the pull-up if it's not. They sound like they would work great for your work situation. Xpmedical does sample packs of them.

I doubt any pull up will be satisfactory in replacing an actual diaper. There made for little leaks here and there, not full blown release.

Pretty much true- especially the cheap ones I wear daytime :whistling: They will take a full wetting if you go s-l-o-w, but you'll need plastic panties if you don't change before bending or sitting down as they will otherwise leak or let the wetness pass through the cloth-like backing :( Have you thought about using a booster with what you're wearing now? You can even use a pad for that if you don't expose the tape. It is easily removed or changed with pull-ups and then the pull-ups don't take a beating making you change them :) Plus it's easier to carry or hide a pad or booster than a whole diaper ;) YMMV but I think it's better to err on the side of dry clothes than to achieve a perfect fit or to maximize comfort B)

Bettypooh

If anyone knows too, there are some kind of abena pull up that is more shaped like boxers underwear around the leg. Any idea as to what these are and how to get them in the US? I'm in the same boat as the op. No pull-ups worked so far for me and I've tried nearly all of them including tranquility day and night will bad results. They have too many gaps around the bottom of the butt and through the crotch causing leaks. Maybe I'm buying the wrong size or something but they aren't tight enough to my body with all the elastic even.

I'd second the recommendation of the abri-flex pull-ups. They're my normal day-time underwear. They're the first pull-up that I've tried that I feel just about as secure while wearing as I do when I'm diapered. I've found them to be surprisingly absorbent and leak resistant--the legs fit very well without gapping. Also, although they're cloth-like, I haven't noticed any dampness on the outer cover. The only thing that I happened once was a minor leak (a few drops) when I had worn the same one for two days before wetting and the outer cover had developed a small weak spot from friction.

unfortunately xpmedical and nearly any site shipping to the US doesn't specifically have the "abena, abri-flex special". The "special" is the boxer style pull-up. Can't find them anywhere!!!

I am a regular pull-up wearer. My favorite is Tranquility PremiumOvernight XL for all the day use. When I am going to be out for an extended time I will include an AbriSan pad as a booster. For the most part anytime I "flood" any pull-up it'll leak. I tend to have the same problem as you LuvsGurl; having a time issue from the brain message saying I need to go and for whatever reason if I am delayed more then five minutes it releases and no interruption can be made to stop, so if I can't make it to the toilet in the first few minutes after receiving the "need to go message" I do a smooth controlled release to avoid a leak from inundating a large stream into the pull-up. I have tried so many brands of pull-ups, sadly they all leak. (I have often wear plastic pants over a pull-up to preclude a leak in an extended wear situation too) The Abena AbriFlex is wonderful, (probably the best) I tried them a few times but they don't come in XL.

Disguising a pull-up/diaper is an art in itself. I find by covering whatever I am wearing with an Abena fixing pant does well keeping the protection snug and in proportion, it also helps to sound proof a plastic covered diaper. An Abena fixing pant can be found at XP Medical, it is like a high waisted control panty. I concur that ProtectionPlus' are very cheesy in design, just a glued pad to a pair of paper pants.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

^That's what I kind of figured but thought there may be one with stretchy sides and plastic front but probably not.

Still, nobody knows where to get the Abena Abri-Flex Specials in the US???

I would also like to know where to obtain Abena Special (in Canada). I recently changed jobs and i sit a lot and need better leak protection which seems to be offered by this new style :D

^That's what I kind of figured but thought there may be one with stretchy sides and plastic front but probably not.

Still, nobody knows where to get the Abena Abri-Flex Specials in the US???

Hi, Drew. You can find the Speciais here: http://kckmedical.com/abri-flexspecialpullups.aspx

I'm curious about them too, but they are significaly more expensive and they don't appear to have any more absorbent material than the standard ones. Given that the outer cover presumably isn't waterproof, I'm not sure about the benefits. Still curious, though, which is why I have a question in to the company.

-RMS

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update this with my experiences.

I ordered a sample pack of the Abena Abri-Flex pulls. Every single one of them split along the side seam within an hour or two of me putting it on. They weren't even super tight or anything, I know I got the correct size.

Manufacturing defect perhaps? My other experiences with Abena diapers have been wonderful and I was under the impression that their products were always of the highest quality. Now I don't know what to do. I guess I'll stick with the Medline products for now... they may be a bit low on capacity but at least they don't split at the seams.

• Like 1