LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Android Vs Iphone

DailyDi

I surrender!

Got my Dell Streak yesterday and I am in love! Likely going to put my iPhone on ebay as Streak does everything it does on a nicer 5" screen and works better for games and ebooks.

dell-streak.jpg

I surrender!

Got my Dell Streak yesterday and I am in love! Likely going to put my iPhone on ebay as Streak does everything it does on a nicer 5" screen and works better for games and ebooks.

I have friends with iPhones, I want an Android phone... But the extra monthly data fee is annoying... AT&T's $15 level only gives you 200MB per month (MB?!?!?! that won't last 5 days with most websites...), the $25 level with 2GB is nice, but what I hate is that it's PER LINE, and I have a 5 line account... So there's NO WAY any of my lines are getting smart phones any time soon... Why can't they do a "shared" data plan (like the way they offer the unlimited texting plan which covers all lines for one fee)?

Guest Mummy Jeni's baby

device.png

hehe

I could write an essay on why android as an OS kicks iOS's ass. But I won't.

Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhones hardware just not their "Play by our rules or don't play at all" policy. I've never been one for playing by rules ;-)

I have a HTC hero which is showing it's age but is still great. Android is fab, not quite as polished as iOS, but it's faster at doing everything a smartphone should do.

I don't know who thought "streak" would be a good name. Dell streak, it sounds horrible, like it's a residue left on your hands after using it.

"don't mind me, I'm just cleaning off this Dell streak"

• Like 1

The only one thing that has totally turned me off the IPhone, and all of Apple products is the security systems that they use on MY products.

I will explain, I own, since I purchased the CD, the full and complete Queen collection. I wanted to place the collection on a Apple device which I also own. I ripped the CD onto my computer, and then sent the tracks via Apples interface, to my Apple device. No problem (or so I thought). My Apple device got damaged, so I went back to the supplier, who replaced the device with a brand new shiny one. I then tried to load the new device with the same tracks that I had on the old device. IT DID NOT WORK. No, there is nothing wrong with the new device, it is the security lock that Apple has placed on ALL my music on my PC. The only device that can play this music (locked by serial number) is the original device that Apple replaced. To clear this lock, I had to format the hard drive on the computer, reinstall everything except the Apple interface program, and then recreate my own music library from my CDs. (200+ CDs which I had originally placed on my PC over the past 10+ years).

Yes, I agree, Apple have vastly improved their OS and their products, but this lock still exists, which to the best of my knowledge, can not be defeated.

What gives Apple or any other company the right to lock MY files to their device? Even in its worst, Microsoft does not do this. I have music on my devices (2 computers and on mobile phone) so I can chose how I wish to listen to said music etc. I purchased original CDs, which has paid the composer/performer for producing said CD, and allows me to listen to said music in the form I wish to. Why should I have to buy the same music multiple times to suit Apple?

Prior to the digital age, records (45s and 78s) were being copied onto compact cassette tape so that people could listen to their favourite artists in a car etc, which spawned the creation of the 'eight track'. This media didn't last long as it forced people to use 'pre-recorded' tapes rather than one of their own productions. That is why the car cassette player lasted so long, and is still available as an option in some new car models. The replacement to this is the 'mp3' / 'usb' interface to some newer car devices, where the owner can copy mp3 files to a memory stick and play same on their car device. With an Apple device, this is impossible, since the only way you can play YOUR music is with the Apple device. Nothing else will play the locked tracks.

• Like 1

The only one thing that has totally turned me off the IPhone, and all of Apple products is the security systems that they use on MY products.

I will explain, I own, since I purchased the CD, the full and complete Queen collection. I wanted to place the collection on a Apple device which I also own. I ripped the CD onto my computer, and then sent the tracks via Apples interface, to my Apple device. No problem (or so I thought). My Apple device got damaged, so I went back to the supplier, who replaced the device with a brand new shiny one. I then tried to load the new device with the same tracks that I had on the old device. IT DID NOT WORK. No, there is nothing wrong with the new device, it is the security lock that Apple has placed on ALL my music on my PC. The only device that can play this music (locked by serial number) is the original device that Apple replaced. To clear this lock, I had to format the hard drive on the computer, reinstall everything except the Apple interface program, and then recreate my own music library from my CDs. (200+ CDs which I had originally placed on my PC over the past 10+ years).

Yes, I agree, Apple have vastly improved their OS and their products, but this lock still exists, which to the best of my knowledge, can not be defeated.

What gives Apple or any other company the right to lock MY files to their device? Even in its worst, Microsoft does not do this. I have music on my devices (2 computers and on mobile phone) so I can chose how I wish to listen to said music etc. I purchased original CDs, which has paid the composer/performer for producing said CD, and allows me to listen to said music in the form I wish to. Why should I have to buy the same music multiple times to suit Apple?

Prior to the digital age, records (45s and 78s) were being copied onto compact cassette tape so that people could listen to their favourite artists in a car etc, which spawned the creation of the 'eight track'. This media didn't last long as it forced people to use 'pre-recorded' tapes rather than one of their own productions. That is why the car cassette player lasted so long, and is still available as an option in some new car models. The replacement to this is the 'mp3' / 'usb' interface to some newer car devices, where the owner can copy mp3 files to a memory stick and play same on their car device. With an Apple device, this is impossible, since the only way you can play YOUR music is with the Apple device. Nothing else will play the locked tracks.

Don't forget the fact that said Apple device (iPod Nano, iPod Touch, iPhone, etc) is also essentially "locked" to the PC used to copy ("sync") the audio tracks to it. You hook that same Apple device to a second computer, and the first thing iTunes will say is (paraphrasing cuz i can't remember the exact words) "This device was synced to a different computer, if you sync this device to this computer, all currently existing media will be erased from the device"... All other mp3 players I've owned (including my non-"smart" cellphones that have microSD sockets) allow me to add files from any computer without losing files added by a different machine...

Guest munchkitten

Um, apple doesn't lock your music to your iWhatever. I have the same songs transferring between 3 iPhones, and 2 iPods and have never had a problem. ever.

Still an Apple-gal here; iPhone 4 is true love.

With many hearts.

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

See? Thats lots of love.

@babykeiff

Not to call you a liar; but this is simply not true. iTunes doesn't even have the option to embed FairPlay DRM (which is, fwiw, the only DRM used by iTunes/Quicktime) into music you've ripped yourself. While it is true that you may only sync a single library to a single iPod device; the music you rip yourself from your own CD's has absolutely zero in the way of Digital Rights Management Restrictions and is yours to do with as you wish. This includes burning it to CD, syncing it to as many iPod Devices as you choose, removing from the iTunes Library and doing with as you please.

(interestingly ~ and I say so only because you made the comparison ~ Windows Media Player does have the option to lock your own music down with WMA DRM when you rip it, whilst iTunes does not.)

Guest Mummy Jeni's baby

And Apple have following pressure and because other on-line music stores have done the same, ditched pretty much all of its DRM for purchased content.

OK if you want to convert your existing files it costs you 20p a song or 25% of the album price.

Now personally, I use the Amazon music store but that's just case I don't like iTunes on windows (eats too mush resources for my liking), windows and linux are the machines I use 98% of the time.

:o *tries to understand half of what everyone is talking about*

The last time I had a cell phone, camera phones were *just* becoming "the thing"

Call me crazy but, these things are getting waaaaaay too overly complicated just to make a phone call :huh:

Actually, the cell phone seems to have migrated from the lone duty of reaching out and touching a brother... to basically becoming a PDA that also happens to make phone calls. It's kinda neat actually. Basically a pocket sized computer.

While I find the process and evolution of the cell phone fascinating, I still have absolutely no need of one. I havn't owned a cell phone in years. I personall still feel that unless you travel a lot or you work a job that requires one, you really have no need for one. My home phone old school land line is just fine for me ^_^

~lilme

Pudding,

I don't know exactly what the Apple device did to my music, but I could not play / delete / change or anything to my music on my computer without connecting the original 'Apple Device'. I needed to format the drive and waste 2 weeks putting my music back onto my computer. I have used other MP3 devices, and also burn MP3 CDs with no problem.

Mummy Jeni's Baby,

If you have purchased a device that requires you to pay extra to get the basic functions to work - ie an MP3 player that requires a subscription to play MP3 songs, then you are insane. Most simple memory card device has the basic function to play MP3 songs.

All:

The concept of having to buy add ons is ok, since you have the choice to decline without detrimental effect on your device. The concept of being forced to buy what you already own - ie a music track is wrong.When you purchased the CD etc of a band that you like, you paid, in the same transaction, that band the royalty to listen to that piece of music yourself in whichever form you chose. If you pay again, the band is not entitled to the royalty, since they have already received it.

Why pay for the same product multiple times?

Is this concept of 'buying and therefore owning a product.... and then have to rent the product to be able to do as you wish to said product not insane?

Guest Mummy Jeni's baby

Mummy Jeni's Baby,

If you have purchased a device that requires you to pay extra to get the basic functions to work - ie an MP3 player that requires a subscription to play MP3 songs, then you are insane. Most simple memory card device has the basic function to play MP3 songs.

Sorry, I think your confused. When I want to legally buy my music I use the Amazon store most of the time. They give you DRM free .mp3 files you can slap on any device. I don't pay any of the subscription services that are out there. I do have a spotify account but that was a gift.

EDIT: if you was on about my itunes comment. I was just pointing out if you have content on itunes that DRM'ed you gotta pay again to get the DRM free version (ok you get a better quality file to)

I still lean towards CD's as I like having a music library... slip a disk in my PC and I can copy it to any device I want!

but I do use Amazon or itunes when I discover someone new and want it NOW.

Pudding,

I don't know exactly what the Apple device did to my music, but I could not play / delete / change or anything to my music on my computer without connecting the original 'Apple Device'. I needed to format the drive and waste 2 weeks putting my music back onto my computer. I have used other MP3 devices, and also burn MP3 CDs with no problem.

Mummy Jeni's Baby,

All:

The concept of having to buy add ons is ok, since you have the choice to decline without detrimental effect on your device. The concept of being forced to buy what you already own - ie a music track is wrong.When you purchased the CD etc of a band that you like, you paid, in the same transaction, that band the royalty to listen to that piece of music yourself in whichever form you chose. If you pay again, the band is not entitled to the royalty, since they have already received it.

Why pay for the same product multiple times?

Is this concept of 'buying and therefore owning a product.... and then have to rent the product to be able to do as you wish to said product not insane?

That's kinda like what video game companies are doing these days with the "pay to play" games... You pay X for the box at the store, but then pay Y per month just to actually play the game... Same thing applies to the xBox network...

Guest Mummy Jeni's baby

I don't mind paying the £2.50 a month for xbox live (Just added 12 months to my account today) Sure it would be nice if it was free like PSN but I love the cross game chat/partys. I hardly ever chat "in-game" these days. For the amount of time I spend on live each month £2.50 is nothing.

But xbox has nothing to do with android/iphone :-p

android in my opinion is the best OS for a phone, iPhone was a cool idea, it really shaped what phones do and look like now but i think the iPhone is overrated, actually anything apple to me is overrated but thats my opinion, i cant justify shelling out double the cost if not more for something that will do the same thing and sometimes even more for wayyy cheaper.