LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Smart Phone Of Choice?

dogpiss

What is your currently subscribed SmartPhone?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of smart phone do you use?

• Apple iPhone 4 or 3GS
    • Apple iPhone previous generations
    • Android 1.x
    • Android 2.x or greater
    • Windows Phone 7 or greater
    • Windows Phone (Mobile) 6.5.x or earlier
    • PalmOS
    • Symbian
    • Some other
    • I'm a Luddite, I don't use a smart phone!

well this is my third post on DD with my iphone im at the bar watching the seahwaks actually beat new orleans and its a commercial so i though id see how easy it was to read the forums on my phone ... its very easy ohhh and for those lame typo filled posts with the excuse of the op being they are posting from their phone im pretty sure this post has fewer typos then when im on my computer.... which also happens to be an apple product :P

The ANNOYING thing I find about the iphone is the "auto correct" I keep trying to say things like "tehehehehehe" and it auto corrects it to something really stupid.... Theres a whole web site of stupid spelling "corrections" It's so funny ^_^ Can't find it right now :(

All of these phones can be used inappropriately, does that mean they aren't a fantastic addition to one's pocket? Nope.

I love being able to use one device for so many functional uses (reading books, listening to music, listening to books, check email, researching something, taking photos or videos, use as a flashlight, I can go on and on).

My latest cool application....Google Sky....hold my phone up to a clear sky and it shows me the constellations...I'm learning which are which for the first time in my life! Always wanted to, and this app makes it easy!

I can do all of that without the expense of a smart phone. Except for the constellations thing, and I honestly don't care about them enough to bother with that. Having to pay more than I make in a month for a new phone would require it to have a weapons grade laser, forcefield generator, and personal teleporter before it'd worth it to me... I don't need to pay that kind of money to have a redundant way of doing all the stuff I can already do with devices that have a combined cost of about 1/4 that of a smart phone.

Sure you can do all the things a Smartphone can do with 4 different devices, but that is the point! Now you can do it with one. And if you are up for a new phone on your contract they aren't very expensive. If my admin can afford one identical to mine, it is all a matter of priority. If you don't want one or see a need for one....fine, then why the heck post on a thread titled "Smart Phone of choice?", why not read the thread about spiral notebook of choice? :-)

you make less than $100 in a month?

I typically make just enough to cover my bills, groceries, and dogfood... Though, sometimes I have to borrow money from family to pay the electric bill in the summer (and I do my best to minimize all of my bills)... I usually end up netting about $5 per month.

i'd wait for the iphone6 though, the laser on the iphone5 is going to drain the battery wayyy too much.

Naah :huh: I have it on good authority that they're going to include the miniature nuclear reactor they're secretly developing in this one :rolleyes: It's also going to have a remote stimulator to help the Slpenius, Trapezius, and Levator scapula ergonomics, as their continuous hyper-extension has been shown to cause stupefying fatuitous vacuity upon unexpected failure of these types of hand-held devices :P

Bettypooh

Dumbphone User

I have been using my phone to surf the web more than I use my laptop. I am using much less power to charge my phone than my laptop uses just to idle. Since I'm going completely mobile soon decreased power usage is a really important factor to me. I just wish the battery was replaceable.

Sure you can do all the things a Smartphone can do with 4 different devices, but that is the point! Now you can do it with one. And if you are up for a new phone on your contract they aren't very expensive. If my admin can afford one identical to mine, it is all a matter of priority. If you don't want one or see a need for one....fine, then why the heck post on a thread titled "Smart Phone of choice?", why not read the thread about spiral notebook of choice? :-)

The point is not spending money foolishly if you don't have that much spending money. Why bother with a new gadget, if you've already got the tools that it tries to emulate?

well then you cant afford the $25 phones either <.<

My cell phone is the extra "work phone" that my dad had laying around. It's handy, but it doesn't see much use unless we're doing something that requires instruction or "check ins", or the occasional routine emergency.

• 1 year later...

My phone is a rooted Moto Razr, 16GB + 32GB storage.

Hello Kitty self done hardware theme, animated Fluttershy software theme.

I'll just go over the pros and cons of the phone I own.

Best feature:

So much good free software/games.

Good:

Bright, large screen.

LOUD internal speaker.

Fairly loud headphone out.

SD card slot.

Wifi internet tethering.

Very scratch resistant screen.

Plays almost ANY video codec, even mkvs my laptop cannot plat back without fps loss.

Flash support.

Makes rural phone calls like breeze compared to 2 other smartphones I tried on the same network.

Bad:

Barely 2 hours of internet use to drain battery.

Forces you to make a gmail account to dl free apps.

Touch screen to type.

3 buttons on the phone's front can be easily reprogrammed. 1 cannot...The Google search button.

2 minute+ long boot up time.

Does not come with any kind of OS backup utility incase it bricks.

Windows drivers are very hit and miss in terms of working at all, luckally my Doratop likes them.

I have an iPhone 4...love it for the most part. I wish that it had Flash. My husband had heard that a contract was being negotiated but I don't think that anything has been agreed to as I still can't get flash installed. Typing can be a bit of a bear though.

I like the keyboard on my iPhone. It's more or less replaced my pc. Autocorrect can be a bitch at times. Phones hasn't slowed down or caused me much issue over time like my old droid did. Wish the iPhone was a little more sturdy. I worry about cracking the glass.

I uses to use my droid to open closed pistachios. Lol

I finally broke down and bought me a smartphone. It's the Huawei ascend 2. Though the 3 G data doesn't work in my area nor does the phone calls. It's on sprint network and I don't have any sprint towers nearby.

When I purchased it on straighttalks website it said it would work in my area. But I was dissapointed when I got it and tried to activate it. :(

I was gonna return it. But at least I will be able to use it on wifi when I'm at mcdonalds or other restraunts. I'm waiting to get the money to get the new proclaim from straighttalk that works on Verizon towers as I have lots of verizon coverage around me. There's a verizon tower just 4 blocks from my house.

I may put the Huwaii ascend 2 on ebay eventually but not sure yet.

I never thought I would like a smartphone until I got one. It's really nice having the internet on the go. Heck I was on another forum posting with my ascend 2 over mcdonalds wifi after using the restroom. And the post was. (I'm currently in the restroom of mcdonalds posting this using their wifi.) lol

It was in a thread someone posted titled. (How often do you use the internet?)

Chad

I have recently upgraded from an HTC Wildfire to an I Phone 4S and I am so glad that I did :)

That is a good upgrade from the wildfire, but I think if you tried the new top tier smartphones with Android ICS on them you would see they make the IPhone seem like old news.

For the technophob in your family IPhone is great, but I just got even my mom the same phone as me and she loves it. I got her and me the Moto Droid RZR MAXX and now that Verizon updated it to ICS it is like a whole new phone. ICS made it much closer to IPhone like in usability while still being super configurable for how you want your phone to be for you. Also the speed boost between Gingerbread and ICS is very noticeable. Then of course it being the MAXX you get the best battery life of any smartphone without having to use one of the huge extended batteries. Oh and of course you get Gorilla Glass, so unlike the IPhone you are not worrying that your are going to crack your screen when you drop it (it will happen, no matter how careful you say you are with it).

I know one should not get hte Galaxy S2 on Verizon though as it has a problem with muting during calls, which I don't believe has been fixed. Hopefully the Galaxy S3 doesn't have the same problem, if it is not that would be the other phone I would recommend besides the Moto RZR and RZR MAXX. Pretty much all the same except for the RZR and S2 having close to the same battery life, which means you need to charge it before the day is over if you are a heavy user. The RZR MAXX should give you until your bedtime with heavy use and then some. Most days I go without ever getting the low battery at 20% warning. I can usually even make it part of the day the next day without charging, so really this is the phone to get if you are worried about battery life.