LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plumbing Problems

Recently I went 75 hours without urinating! It always scares me when that happens, because I'm afraid my bladder will rip open. Does anyone else have this happen? I always have several days of flooding after that, and sometimes stay home because I know I have to wear more than two diapers at a time to handle the flow. Just wondering how you handle it. My psychologist is convinced that my fear is what stops everything. My urologist says I must stop drinking anything for that to happen. (What a dolt!) My doctor says that the human body is full of mystery, and no doctor in his right mind thinks he can understand what's always going on. I like him.

Turtlepins,

there are many individual causes for the effect that you describe --

1 - Not enough water / incorrect water balance in your system = means that your urinary system will try and conserve as much water as possible. This you can avoid by increasing the amount of water you consume.

2 - Not enough salts within your diet - similar to #1, which you can avoid by decreasing the artificial sugars consumed.

3- Your urinary sphincter spasms in a closed / locked state - which after a period of time, the muscle relaxes.

4- A side effect of some medication you are currently on.

5- An overproduction of vasopressin which is designed to reabsorb fluids so not to need to urinate whilst sleeping. This could be your body trying to compensate for your urinary incontinence, and may need hypnosis or therapy to allow your mind to accept your incontinence.

6- Another problem that could be causing this is that you may be wearing your diapers too tight, therefore forcing your sphincter to kink and your bladder not to release.

Any decent urologist should be able to perform tests to discover which is the case, and alter medication or prescribe relaxation methodology / medication to compensate. The body should produce urine on a 24/7 basis, and only in extreme cases (where the conservation of water / salts etc is required for survival ) will the body not need to release every 4-8 hours.

• Like 1

Strange. Very strange. When I retain, I may not feel like I have to pee at all. But after 5-6 hours I will feel the weight of the urine in my bladder and by then I'm heading out to get a cath. I've gone as long as 8 or 9 hours. I guess your body just doesn't produce urine that fast. I thought that if you retained for that long you would have serious health risks. I'll ask my docs about this the next time I see them.

Yeah i'm with Thomas on this because last time i didn't pee for an extended period i backfilled my kidneys and went into kidney failure because of the Urine !! When you say your heading out for a cath Thomas do you keep a supply at home ?? if not i have extras that I'm More than willing to Share , i could box em up and UPS them to you if you have to buy them seperately or have a high copay and send a couple hundred your way? send me a message if you do want / need some.

Peace

Not being able to rid yourself of any body waste is dangerous :oSee a Doctor pronto if this means you ;) My friend always has trouble like this :( They finally went in and found that his urethra was three times too long, looped and kinked, so sometimes it got pinched shut :huh: They took out the excess and he not only peed better, he stopped getting sick so easily and was stronger and had more endurance too B) That one issue had basically kept his body poisoned for half his life :angry2: I appreciate the people offering to help with caths, and that might be the solution, but please see a doctor to make sure there isn't another major issue happening which needs correction via other methods :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

Recently I went 75 hours without urinating! It always scares me when that happens, because I'm afraid my bladder will rip open. Does anyone else have this happen? I always have several days of flooding after that, and sometimes stay home because I know I have to wear more than two diapers at a time to handle the flow. Just wondering how you handle it. My psychologist is convinced that my fear is what stops everything. My urologist says I must stop drinking anything for that to happen. (What a dolt!) My doctor says that the human body is full of mystery, and no doctor in his right mind thinks he can understand what's always going on. I like him.

actualy this happens to me all the time

Strange. Very strange. When I retain, I may not feel like I have to pee at all. But after 5-6 hours I will feel the weight of the urine in my bladder and by then I'm heading out to get a cath. I've gone as long as 8 or 9 hours. I guess your body just doesn't produce urine that fast. I thought that if you retained for that long you would have serious health risks. I'll ask my docs about this the next time I see them.

that is what i do i keep some in my house for just such a case