LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

George Lucas Gets Camuffins

heartwood

George Lucas finally gets his camuffins (comeuppance). I hate George Lucas. Thank you redletter media (god).

*** hate is the wrong word to use! I do not hate anyone for silly things like movies. This review shows how the originals were great and the re release of star wars sucked.... thats all so if you wanna watch it... great. I liked it a lot you might as well. "hahah -1" ******

• Like 1

a camuffin is a term for punishment. I know this term from local hear say and was not a good word to use.

Maybe the word you're thinking of is "comeuppance"?

From the Mirriam-Webster dictionary website:

Definition of COMEUPPANCE: a deserved rebuke or penalty

(Personally, I liked ALL the Star Wars movies, even the prequels.)

• Like 2

thanks artemisEnterri, thats the word im looking for! And hey dlb, its a great review and totally worth mentioning. I guess you did not even watch five min of it but thats ok... bash it anyway.

People who hate or resent others who are successful are mostly just jealous or envious of the sucess. There is no reason to hate George Lucas, he worked hard to get where he is. If you saw his graduate project from film school (THX 1138 now a cult classic) you would see why he is the way he is. The man is brilliant at what he does and so he's successful and an icon in his industry. How has this hurt you? are you offended at his success and angry that he got where he is by being good at his job?

This is the same pettiness and anger that people spew at Warren Buffet and others who are tops in what they do and worked hard to get there.

Wheres your disdain for the Berney Maddoffs of the world who make billions but who steal it from others with scams and bogus investments just so they can be rich too with out really earning it...HUH??? :P I bet you don't even know what I'm talking about....

Go ahead...hate successful and hard working people. resent them in their position and forget all about the 30+ YEARS that it took for them to get there.. I bet you cheer for all the crook sand thieves out there who are "getting back at the man"

yeah....right.....

Thats what I thought

you don't know jack about George Lucas or the industry he works in :P

So take your childish and petty hate somewhere else.

I saw THX 1138 when it was new :) Does that mean I'm old? :o Ah, the days of Soylent Green, MASH (the movie), and 2001- all fresh new concepts that broke new ground in cinema and shocked the world as they succeeded wonderfully :thumbsup:

Even my favorite writers/actors/directors/producers do some things I don't like :huh: They're no different than me- not everything I do is an outstanding success either :lol: I have no jealousy or hatred of the successful so long as they earned it without selling off their morals or trampling on good people to get to the top B) Sadly that is something of a rarity these days :crybaby: I'm far too prone to telling people where to get off, which has greatly hampered my financial success, but I sleep well at night knowing they're getting to deal with the second-rate twits they deserve instead of first-class people like me :whistling::D;)

Bettypooh

This is not wealth envy by any means. I disapprove of him for screwing up the original movies... thats all. I would never hate someone because they got more in life, that silly. Hate is a bad word to use and it put this in the wrong direction. I try not to hate anyone but I let that nasty word slip from time to time. Im gonna edit my original post to try and curve this.

The review is great, let the "times viewed" tell the story. I watched the episode two review get over a hundred thousand hits in 24 hours. I do not know a lot of internet standards but it was a lot to me.

This is not wealth envy by any means. I disapprove of him for screwing up the original movies... thats all. I would never hate someone because they got more in life, that silly. Hate is a bad word to use and it put this in the wrong direction. I try not to hate anyone but I let that nasty word slip from time to time. Im gonna edit my original post to try and curve this.

The review is great, let the "times viewed" tell the story. I watched the episode two review get over a hundred thousand hits in 24 hours. I do not know a lot of internet standards but it was a lot to me.

Just because it got thousands and thousands of hits does not mean it's a GOOD video, nor does it mean those "views" were 100% complete views. Half the time a person only watches the first few seconds then stops it (like I did because I didn't agree with what the person's attitude was: I liked the 3 prequel movies and do not see how he "screwed" anything up).

Just because the prequel movies were different from the original releases (episodes 4, 5, and 6) does not make them "screwed up". Their stories took place in the past, BEFORE the movies we first saw. Everything "fell into place" by the end of the 3rd movie,

• 4 weeks later...

Although I can't say I ever hated the prequils, there was always something not quite right with them. After watching this guy criticize all thre movies, I now know what wasn't right, and have a better idea of what I would have liked. Thinking of watching the prequils is now a painful experience for me.

I'll tell you in a two nutshells what's wrong with the prequels:

1) the magic isn't there

2) the plot is a bit too predictable...

To get the first Star Wars made, George Lucas had to do a lot of selling...and in the process, polished the heck out of the script by taking lots of advice. 30 years later, he can ignore anyone he doesn't like...and the script is the worse for it.

It's that simple to me...

the prequels were alright but like most people the script could have been better...it felt rushed. But what i hate GL for is re editing the originals 30 years after the fact. We all know han shot first and it was better that way. Why change it. In fact in that example in the re edited version we are to believe a "bounty hunter" who sitting stationary pointing a blaster at a target less than 2 feet from the gun is going to shoot first and miss by almost 3 feet? No way in hell... even a 107 year old blind lady would not miss by that far unless she was shot in the gut first.

I dont hate the prequels but i was disseminated. this guy is just trying to hitch onto the fame of star wars and is too much a wimp to even acknowledge it. Not going to bother looking but i bet he has nothing on utube with any real amount of views that is not linked to some hugely successful something that makes people watch part of it just because of the words the video links too. Just another guy on utube with no originality and too much time