LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Dl Experience With New Airport Patdowns

I am currently sitting in the Red Carpet Club in an airport right now. Today, I flew in an Abena X-Plus, with a Large Attends over that. Went through security without a problem -- as usual. The media is blowing this story way out of proportion, IMHO. That said, I can't say that I am a TSA fan. As I frequent other countries, I have to say our security seems so unfriendly. I can't help but be disappointed that the first image that visitors/newcomers to the United States see is a TSA agent barking orders --hardly seems like land of the free, home of the brave.

I have my negative feelings about the TSA and what I perceive as abuse of power and a lack of thought over a better way to do things but here's some history. The mm-Wave machines DO use non-ionising radiation (like the kind your 802.11 card puts out) and the VAST (>99%) majority of studies for over 25 years have shown ionising radiation to be harmless to humans and domestic animals in even fairly high quantities. Something like sitting in a microwave wouldn't be good because the concentration (BTU/hour)/square foot is much greater. The BACK-SCATTER X-RAY machines DO use IONISING radiation. This is the kind that DOES cause harm to biological tissue even in quite small doses due to the high energy of the photons used in the process (quick,bad explanation to keep from getting too geeky). It is fair to be concerned about what/how those X-Rays will interact with the skin or what kind of quality controls they have on those machines. I don't think a TSA "trained monkey" has the skills to run something that is essentially a medical imager, considering radiology techs have a long schooling to go through. Also I question the safety claims of these machines since they won't tell us how they work in detail (i.e., open source or cc the design) for security or IP reasons (how convenient). There was another radiation releasing machine that didn't have peer reviewed quality controls and "FAIL SAFE" interlocks. Look up the *_THERAC-25_* some time. I'm waiting for a Therac-25 incident to happen with one of these machines, but I don't want it to be on me!

No beacuse we've stopped flying. It's too much of a hassle now.

Yeah, and driving in a car in traffic and taking 10 times as long not to mention not being able to fly across the world in a day is SOOO much more convenient. :wtf2:

The machines are not proven safe, and the amount of radiation will effect different parts of the body differently (i.e. the eyes, male genitals, etc). As a passenger, you get far more radiation from the machine than from the atmosphere, and it is a different type of radiation at that. The airplanes aluminum skin blocks nearly 100% of the radiation in the passenger compartment. The windows on the side admit only a purely negligible amount. The big wind screens in front of the pilots are a different story - they get far more ionizing radiation in the cockpit; but again, this isn't all at the same wavelength.

What is most certainly true is that medical xrays are far more powerful. They are designed to penetrate tissue and even bone, depending on the amount of power used at the time of the film.

For what it is worth, I am a frequent flyer and I do work in medicine. I also will not voluntarily utilize the body scan devices. There are many other technologies that would be better placed, including dogs (and chemical "sniffers", such as those used at a few airports); and frankly, we need to get over our fear of profiling... Properly applied, it is effective (ask the Israelis).

They're safe enough and for most people who travel so infrequently, who cares about the minute amount of radiation. We're exposed to radiation everyday. I do feel these machines are proven safe as there are many reports to support that but as with most things, you'll find others who will dispute them. Everyone needs to STOP worrying about radiation stuff here with body scanners. Man, people are afraid of change. Should we go back to 1800 technology so we aren't exposed to many of the things we have right now that give off radiation like our cell phones??? People please.

Not flying anywhere until these unreasonable, unsafe and invasive procedures have been stopped. Remember, the TSA has never actually caught a terrorist.

Bahhhh ha ha, ha ha. Betcha right now if the prize patrol showed up at your door with free tickets to visit and fly around the world all expenses paid you wouldn't turn it down!!!! Get real. You're not flying because of the TSA soley and just because someone hasn't been caught doesn't mean they PREVENTED on from getting through or planning on it. Safetly measures can be taken and are daily in many situations to prevent an accident FROM happening. It doesn't have to happen to put in place a safetly measure, they're also there to prevent.

• Like 1

Portland who are glad someone was on their toes!

The individual was setup in a sting operation by the government and then nabbed red handed. Portland culture is -not- in line with the strict and oppressive security imposed by the federal government. Pickup a copy of the Oregonian, Willamette Week, or the Mercury, or just live there awhile and you'll see what I mean.

--Lex

It doesn't have to happen to put in place a safetly measure, they're also there to prevent.

I'm sorry. If you review historical data on travel safety (speed limits, drunk driving laws, seat belts, airbags, etc.) They were all mandated because hard statistical data and crash pattern analysis showed that taking these steps would drastically reduce incidents and/or prevent injuries, thereby saving lives. Before speed limits people drove as fast as the car would go, before drunk driving laws it was OK to get behind the wheel after a night out, before seat belts occupants flew all over the cabin during a crash, before airbags drivers hit their heads on the steering wheel. On the other hand, before full-body scanners and pat downs nothing happened. Which is exactly why so many people are speaking out against them. If the safety measures were there to prevent things, as you suggest, then they would have been put in place a long time ago and 9/11 would never have happened.

• Like 1

I've been through airport security including the new scanning machines roughly 10 times while I was wearing diapers, mostly wet, last time a slightly wet Dry24/7 with Tranquility stuffer. No comments from anyone except the first times through they had to ask me a couple times to remove my belt and everything from my pockets (why with newer technology do we have to remove even MORE stuff?!).

I haven't been patted down since the new scanners went into effect. I was patted down with the old technology while wearing, the person's hand glanced against my very-wet slighly sagging Abena but no comment by the patter-downer.

I haven't worn a teddy-bear-print diaper or anything overtly babyish since the new restrictions though, as I'd personally rather not have to explain anything beyond "I need to wear diapers for a medical condition" if I were to be asked about it.

Probably the closest I've come to TSA acknowleging anything was one time I went through the metal detector while my backpack/bookbag/breifcase was going through the x-ray machine; afterward when I was stuffing my computer back in, the young-ish woman operating the x-ray machine looked at me a bit strangely; later I realized that I had one of the baby-block-print Bambinos in my book bag.

My objection to the enhanced security measures is that they are invasive and undignified. I think it's ridiculous that we can't get on a plane now in the US without someone taking a naked picture of us, our wives, and our children, and / or touching our genitals. We're already herded up like cattle to go through the security lines and then made to remove jackets and shoes (because some random guy put a bomb in a shoe once, and wasn't even successful in his plot). I think a line has to be drawn somewhere. The underwear bomber incident from which these security measures followed, boarded on a plane outside the US, so they wouldn't of even been caught. Even if they had boarded a US local flight, someone correct me I'm wrong, but backscatter machines actually have a low probability of detecting thin layers of explosives close to the body of the type that that person was wearing ( at least I think I read that, but I can't find the source right now ).

Do you feel it's the governments place to be our parents or our prison wardens, to treat us like suspects so that we have the illusion that we are safe from dying in a 1 in a million terrorist attack? If only the government was so concerned with some of the actual leading causes of premature death in this country, like heart disease and motor vehicle accidents. Your personal chances of dying in a terrorist attack are historically very low, and this is before the TSA enacted their new invasive security measures.

It's also important to be mindful of any slow changes in the way the government treats us as citizens. Police states can be born slowly as well as quickly, and even though our Constitution and three branches of government are great, they provide us no magical protection from the forces and dangers that have affected other countries throughout history. Governments can grow out of control, and we are not especially immune from this.

I'm not saying there should be no security, but lets first determine what measures actually make us significantly safer vs. what measures make us 0.1% safer but degrade our quality of life in this country. I don't think the TSA should be in the position to just enact whatever new security measures it wants behind closed doors without public discussion and comment first.

And please, even if you are comfortable giving up your own privacy because you've got nothing to hide and you actually don't mind the government touching your body, please respect and actually support that there are other people here that are embarrassed and even degraded and humiliated by it. Maybe its no big deal for you to filmed naked or touched, but what about someone that's been sexually abused, or someone who has anatomical features they are embarrassed about, or people with colostomy bags or other medical appliances, artificial limbs, etc. If the government were to enact a policy that made you uncomfortable and embarrassed, even if others don't feel the same way, you would want others to be supportive and listen and respect your concerns too.

Personally I think flying boycotts are the only way we can get a change to policy now. I feel that the TSA doesn't care and isn't listening to the public's concerns about the new measures; but if the airlines were to speak up, if their business had been badly affected, they would force someone in the government to listen.

• Like 1

....Maybe its no big deal for you to filmed naked or touched, but what about someone that's been sexually abused, or someone who has anatomical features they are embarrassed about, or people with colostomy bags or other medical appliances, artificial limbs, etc. If the government were to enact a policy that made you uncomfortable and embarrassed, even if others don't feel the same way, you would want others to be supportive and listen and respect your concerns too.

Personally I think flying boycotts are the only way we can get a change to policy now. I feel that the TSA doesn't care and isn't listening to the public's concerns about the new measures; but if the airlines were to speak up, if their business had been badly affected, they would force someone in the government to listen.

This :Crylol: Those who have lived with terrorism, such as the Israelis and the British during the IRA bombings, know that life is finite and that if you make large changes in your life because of the terrorists then you have just handed them the win :( Terrorism is a problem, but what they need to continue is attention- the more the better :o They are a tiny number and they need widespread attention to gain recruits for their unpopular movements :mellow: Ignoring them won't make them go away but it will weaken them :ninja: With the draconian measures we've adopted we're handing the win in a silver platter :screwy: Were the TSA nice and discreet in doing their job there wouldn't be much grumbling going on- and this is something we can and should do something about :boxing: Since they won't listen to the public, and the airlines aren't causing the generally wanted change either, let the airlines suffer with them :P

Another poster asked if you'd refuse to accept free airline tickets because of this issue. Well I for one would because I live my principles, unlike too many others. I would sell those tickets to someone who actually wanted them if that were allowed :lol: and if that weren't allowed, as publicly as I possibly could I'd tell them where to shove those tickets :roflmao: I can't be bought off ot bribed when it comes to my beliefs B) If you can then you belong where those tickets do!

Bettypooh

I believe in profiling, but not in the way you think of it, of course not all Muslims are not terrorists. There are many things that make someones profile look suspicious. It isn't just one thing, but has to be several things. And by asking random questions that don't seem to have anything to do with them flying that day you can tell a lot about someones intentions. I don't fly, so don't know what happens when you fly out of the country, but from what I have heard only others countries do this as it takes training to learn how to read people. Anyone watch Psych or The Mentalist? Ya, that is what I am talking about, they have be aware of everything the person is doing and has on there person and what does and does not make sense.

• Like 1

As a way too frequent flier who goes through the new scanners, I have had no problems with groping or added pat-downs whether diapered or diapered and wet. I do not understand the replies above though. The security measures have nothing to do with the private airline industry. TSA is a federal governmental agency. Speak of your concerns to your elected federal officials who can invoke some oversight. Speak with and write the representatives of the Administration for whom TSA works. TSA is part of the Department of Homeland Security which is part of the Executive Branch which is directed by appointees of this Administration. Any boycott, concerns or response should be directed at these parts of the Federal Government.

I'm sorry. If you review historical data on travel safety (speed limits, drunk driving laws, seat belts, airbags, etc.) They were all mandated because hard statistical data and crash pattern analysis showed that taking these steps would drastically reduce incidents and/or prevent injuries, thereby saving lives. Before speed limits people drove as fast as the car would go, before drunk driving laws it was OK to get behind the wheel after a night out, before seat belts occupants flew all over the cabin during a crash, before airbags drivers hit their heads on the steering wheel. On the other hand, before full-body scanners and pat downs nothing happened. Which is exactly why so many people are speaking out against them. If the safety measures were there to prevent things, as you suggest, then they would have been put in place a long time ago and 9/11 would never have happened.

So let me get this right. You would rather have something happen and then more security measures put in place? This is typically how eveything works as you mentioned. The field of work I'm in, we say all of our rules that are in place are "written in blood" meaning someone or many people had to die for this rule/law to be put in place. Not often do we see preventative measures put in place before something happens but I can see this as a good thing. Where I work, we have security fences, barb wire, guards, and all sorts of security measures put in place. No one has ever attempted anything to jeaporidize our safety yet that doesn't mean if those security measures weren't taken, that someone wouldn't have. To an outsider, they can see the immediate difficulty of gaining access to my work and that deters them. There are much easier targets. I'm sure millions a year are spent on the security staff, equipment and everything that goes along with it but it doesn't mean we should get rid of it all, then wait for something to happen and put it in place after that.

Unfortunately, safety measures are often, behind the times and there weren't enough in place before 9/11, this is true. However, can't you see with attitudes like yours and many others that are all wondering why we are taking these security measures when nothings yet has happened may be the very reason why security measures weren't in place before? Hello!?!! On one hand your saying if the gov't wants to prevent things, they would have had things in place a long time ago and on the other hand it sounds like your saying, why have these things in place if nothings happened yet?!? Your last sentance makes no sense. I'm saying maybe they're trying to prevent something from happening NOW. We can't control what they DID in the past or DIDN'T do. The gov't can progress and be one step ahead for once NOW but can't change what happened in the past.

Three things I think are the problem people have with the current security.

1. The attitude of the TSA is utter crap.

2. The current pat downs have gone a bit overboard and as Americans we don't like having our personal parts touched for "security measures"

3. There are radio frequency scanners that are proven to be safe, but due to political/big business the current ones were installed.

>.> damn i didnt think tsa was that bad, I just came in from delta atlanta to visit my bro in new jersey for a week and i got through pretty quick and easy. even with the holiday trafic. LOL also like right before i was going through the check point i dug around in my pocket and felt three lortab pills that i forgot to throw away (they make me sick as hell) and thoght oh shit im gona get busted for having drugs, but i mean those guys realy suck at searching and didnt find em thank god! lol i flushed those fuckers right after the check point.

Guest littlesissy

I'm going to jump in here...

I fly all the time, I go through security at least twice a week. I have never had any problems what so ever. Even if they rifle through my bags, even with the public watching, I have NEVER had anyone say a word about it.

I don't think that the general public knows that they're looking at diapers unless they've had experience with them, ie: sick family members. If they have experience then they're not the type of people that would give you a hard time about it. So if your bag is opened and part of a diaper is exposed no one is going to say anything. I know from experience...

They are not sending EVERYONE through the naked picture scanners, it's really no big deal. If you're afraid of the radiation, then let them know that you're concerned about the radiation levels and would prefer a pat-down, let them know you have a 'brief' on.

I really think these stories that are being told are few in comparison to the amount of people that go through security. If you feel like you were abused then file a grievance and call you congressman.

Now all that being said, the random search for weapons crap is eventually going to fail and someone is going to blow up a plane. We should be searching for the PERSON not the WEAPON. Yes, they need to profile, if this is your first time flying, on a visa, look suspicious or the obvious ON A TERRORIST WATCH LIST. Then you get to go to several interviews as well as pat down and a scan.

I'm getting hot just thinking about the TSA running a hand up my leg and finding a diaper.

Gad! Have you just invented a new fetish? Are you going to start a site for it?

Well I finally had my first airport travel experience since this all started. A few days ago I left from the Denver (CO) airport. Now our airport is huge, we've got about 24 lines for people coming in. And guess what, only 4 scanners. Thats right folks, only 4 of 24 lines have the full body scanners. And whats even better? You get to pick what line you go in. What a complete joke. They dont even pat you down on the lines that dont have the body scanners, its just the normal metal detector and youre done. I went in to the airport already slightly wet and didnt have a single problem (I even forgot to take my liquids out of my bag and they didnt even notice).

So ya, great security. If I were a terrorist, I could have easily gotten around the scanners by just picking the line without one...

The wife and I are headed to Vegas in February 2011. I would really like to go diapered, thick enough to last the entire trip, 6-8 hours, Molicare with soakers, at least, and I always wear plastic pants. I would suspend with the onesie with metal snaps in the crotch, however, my titanium hips (yes, I have two of them) always set off the metal detectors anyway. Travelling light, not wanting more than carry-on luggage, I can't really take many extra supplies. I probably could buy and make due IN Vegas. I'm not all concerned about the right or wrong of what the TSA is doing or HAS to do. I'm more interested with experience incons, DLs or ABs who wear under regular clothing have HAD with the TSA at airports. Do diapers readily APPEAR on the monitor with the scan? Does any amount of bulk more bring on a more thorough pat-down? Once diapers are discovered, or you have to reveal you are WEARING diapers, does this change anything or bring on a more thorough pat-down or could it force a strip-search?

Um, I'm too old to care about somebody touching my diapered "junk", and generally, I don't figure there are going to be too many hot young female TSA agents doing the pat-down OR search of males, so, if agent gets turned on touching my diapers or brushing MY junk, more power to them. I have to assume most agents are discreet, and what I've found already is that if anybody DOES discover me IN diapers, THEY are more embarassed about it than I am...

Forget the soap-box and opinions for a second?

Anybody have any real, recent experience as a diapered traveller, dry OR wet, with the TSA and airports? Or, do I just call the TSA and ask about their protocol and procedure regarding incontinence and diapers, airports, airlines and airplanes?

Anybody have any real, recent experience as a diapered traveller, dry OR wet, with the TSA and airports?

I've been through diapered a number of times (count 10 or so), and only once have I ever had them actually look through my stuff. I'm not sure what it was, but one time after my bag went through the x-ray, they wanted to look inside it. Not sure why, but they couldnt have missed the diapers that were in there. Nothing was ever mentioned, they just kept looking through the bag like it as just another item, handed the bag to me when they were done and went on to the next person. Though this was a couple years ago, long before the body scanners.

However as for your "recent" request, this recent trip, as indicated, bag went through x-ray with diapers, I went through metal detector, no issues.

As stated earlier in this thread, I am a very frequent flier. I almost always fly in thick diapers. Thankfully, believe it or not, I have yet to be subjected to the new pat-down, and have not been through a body scanner, either. As I wear thick disposables, I have not set off the metal detector, and thus have never had an issue. I almost always carry LOTS of diapers in my carry-on, and have yet to be questioned on it. I'd say don't worry about it. Based on my experience with the TSA, when you do set off the metal detector (it sounds like in your case this is a certainty) they will subject you to the pat-down. Just let them know, if asked, that you are incontinent and wear diapers and more then likely they'll not say another word about it. Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...

Flying today. Went through the scanner wearing an Abena 7 pad in my boxers, no questions asked. It did take a minute after the scan to get passed. Not sure if it was related though. The TSA agent had to call and ask if I was clear after we had stood there and shot the bull the whole time I waited.

,@

I always thought and believed the following. By changing your way of life, by allowing yourself to be terrified, you let the "terrorists" win. By living your life as you had every other day like nothing has changed, that is how you beat them. By herassing your people and upping security to pointless ends, not only are you now putting peoples jobs at stake because well now as was previously stated

No beacuse we've stopped flying. It's too much of a hassle now.

well, that is a trend basically. people have said "fuck it, it's not worth it, I'll just drive there or go nowhere at all" basically and I am guessing (without wasting time to find the data) that the amount of people flying, has kinda dropped. I mean sure business men and women are still goign to fly here and there, but I think alot of people are more inclined to seek out other means of transport to avoid the bs hassle. I am just thinking outloud, and saying my thoughts and opinions. Agree, disagree, like it love it hate it, thats your choice.

I've only flown diapered once, but I put it on after security.

Had an experience this summer, though... I had a big bottle of baby powder in my carry-on. I got the full luggage search from TSA. The agent was really nice, and she eventually asked me if I had some kind of powder in my bag. I said yes, and showed it to her. They ran a quick test, and I was on my way. My wife was cracking up. She said it was a good thing my diapers were in the checked bags.