LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Night

Wore an all-in-one diaper last night for a 'fresh change' from disposables. More comfortable than disposables and did keep my bed dry. Was kind of pleasant waking up in a damp garment, but dry pants.

Was this just as listed or did you use a stuffer within, or plastic pants on the out as a safety? I also have been eyeballing these on Ebay. I had good luck once with another version using a thing of Rit dye. I put 4 or 5 pairs of older cheap plastic pants and a AIO into it and they all dyed a light baby blue...hey I needed to kick it up a notch as white can be boring. :whistling:

I wear cloth all the time and add some soakers for night time. Never had a leak yet. Then you get to wear some plastic pants which do have the crinkle sound and there is a great variety of plastic pants on the market.

To make your cloth diapers buttery smooth and fluffy and super soft put snuggles fabric softner in the rinse cycle when you wash your diapers and you will love the softness.:girl_baby::).

Cloth diapers R the best.

Many times I have shared that I grew up in pinned gauze diapers inside Gerber vinyl panties. After I was toilet trained because of my small over-active bladder Mom would nicely ask me to wear "just-in-case" pinned Classic Curity gauze diapers and Gerber panties. I was 8 when Pampers started putting on sticky tapes, but Mom never used those on me. Probably I would have been too big for Pampers then anyway.

I only started wearing Attends when I left home for university in 1981. It was not until 1991 that I had discreet access to washing equipment so I could return to cloth diapers for bed. At that time I had only known about Adult Babies for 9 months. I quickly found out that wearing gauze diapers improved my AB fantasy play.

Early this year, when Pampers introduced Cruisers with Dry Max, I began replacing the Gerber Birdseye prefold soaker next to my skin with a Size 3 Cruiser on those nights when I am not in my AB mood.

My reasoning is that since I wear a slip-in disposable pad made from a Cruiser Size 4 during the day, using the Cruiser in bed would eliminate the different sensation of going from gauze to disposable in the morning. It turns out the Cruiser Size 3 absorbs enough more than a Gerber Birdseye prefold that I no longer need to change diapers during the night.

DD,

Do you find that the AIO takes a long time to get dry in the dryer? That's reason #1 that pocket cloth diapers are more popular now than AIOs. Reason #2 is that usually the barrier fabric wears out before the other fabrics it's sewn to. If you found an AIO that didn't wick out the leg opennings than I'm totally jealous as well as interested. I don't like "hook and loop" closures (velcro is a registered brand name as the loop gets stringy after several washes and the loop tends to hold lint. Also, despite laundry tabs, after several washes they don't hold as well and laundry chains are created in the washer.

All that said, I prefer cloth at home and definately at night. I just wear vinyl baby pants over them because I can't find (or seem to make) one that doesn't wick.

I don't do the laundry, but my mom says it isn't a problem as all my whites take 2 turns in the dryer as I like thick socks and thicker underwear.

A lot of cloth diapers do take forever and she hates them... but these ones she says are not a problem.

Huh? What? You mean some folks DON'T wear cloth diapers to bed??? :wtf2:

Those of us who don't could have the same reaction to those who do, y'know... I have a couple of cloth diapers that I wear around the house, but I prefer disposables in bed, because I find them much more comfy than cloth.

I wear cloth all the time and add some soakers for night time. Never had a leak yet. Then you get to wear some plastic pants which do have the crinkle sound and there is a great variety of plastic pants on the market.

To make your cloth diapers buttery smooth and fluffy and super soft put snuggles fabric softner in the rinse cycle when you wash your diapers and you will love the softness.:girl_baby::).

Cloth diapers R the best.

I wear cloth too, the fabric softener reference confused me, I've read a number of places that fabric softener will ruin the absorbency for cloth diapers.

My experience has been that none of the fabric softeners I have tried improve the performance of gauze and Birdseye diapers. I have worn only a few cloth diapers made from other fabrics. Of course it is possible fabric softeners would help those improve performance.

Ok, so I just bought myself one of these. Any pre care instructions before I wear them?

wash in the hottest water possible before use. I've heard people say to wash them up to three times before the first use, but I haven't had issues and only wash them once. I have read fabric softener can cause them to wick urine rather than absorb. So I just stay away from fabric softener all together, they get pretty soft being dried in the dryer anyway. I also don't use dryer sheets because they can do the same thing as fabric softener, but some sheets can irritate skin. Other than that wear and enjoy ...

The deal with fabric softener is that it coats the fibers and causes them become more water resistent. When diapers repel liquids rather than absorb them, you get leaks. Have fun with your cloth diapers ya'll!

I wear cloth too, the fabric softener reference confused me, I've read a number of places that fabric softener will ruin the absorbency for cloth diapers.

I never had any problem with fabric softner ruining the diaper. You will like the softness it creates. I have used fabric softner in the washing machine on the rinse cycle for many years and never had a problem.