LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No Candy For Older Kids

Ok.

Settle the debate....

I booted some 16+ year old kids, who showed up trick or treating in regular street clothes with pillow cases. no costume.

Girlfriend said that was mean.

OK! DAILY D! you decide, was I mean? or if you want candy, should you have to do a little work for it.

• Like 1

Any age in a costume is fine. No costume... I don't know. I wouldn't turn anyone away - but that's mainly because I know we have some low-income folks in the neighborhood who don't get treats often.

I feel by 13-14 it is time to pass this back to the little ones. I was struggling cause my oldest is that age. But this year @ 13 she gave it up on her own. Yeah! I am so proud!

I feel by 13-14 it is time to pass this back to the little ones. I was struggling cause my oldest is that age. But this year @ 13 she gave it up on her own. Yeah! I am so proud!

o.O Halloween is for all ages, even adults go trick or treating a lot, and I applaud them ... as long as they have a costume or try to make one. Store bought costumes make me cringe but it's an attempt at least. I was trick or treating until I was 18 ... and then only stopped because work and life got in the way most times. It's not childish to celebrate a holiday, especially in the traditional manner. When I see parents standing back by the street as their kids trick or treat I die a little inside.

I think any age child should be able to trick or treat, so long as they are in costume. I saw some teens going around not in costume with pillowcases, one had kitty ears and they had glow sticks. They complained loudly when people would turn them away. I thought they had no right to complain... No costume, no candy. Period. I went with my daughter, and I dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood. I hung back a few paces, but many people offered me candy, just for being in the holiday spirit. One lady glared at me for being on her porch in a costume, but I'm not letting my 7 year old go to stranger's doors alone. Teenagers should be allowed to trick or treat too, but ONLY if they are respectful and put in an effort to celebrate the spirit of the holiday, not just go about expecting free candy for nothing.

• Like 1

Any age with a costume is fine by me. Young children without a costume or with a partial costume that clearly have no idea what's going on around them are also fine by me. Parents accompanying their children to ensure their safety are fine by me as well. Older children and young teenagers without a costume had better say "trick or treat," or I'm going to open the door and hold the bowl of candy until they do, but they'll get their candy eventually. (I might occasionally drop a hint a them by asking "what do you say?") Older teenagers, and young (college age) adults without a costume would likely get nothing. Adults without a costume, unaccompanied by their children, and/or grandchildren will also get nothing; I might not even open the door for this group.

Since I give away full size candy bars, everybody only gets one bar unless it's a slow night, in which case I might give out two or even three bars later in the evening. If I'm in a costume handing out candy, one way that older children and teenagers can get around saying "trick or treat" or wearing a costume is simply to say something like "wow mister, cool costume!" I'll accept a compliment in place of the standard "trick or treat" when I'm in costume myself. If I have a costume on, anyone else in costume who compliments my costume automatically gets an extra candy bar as long as I think I'll have enough for the rest of the evening.

This debate was around when I was little. Then every1 got some candy since our town&cops said at 13-14 you could NOT wear a mask. The rumor startyed they couldnot trick-or-treat dressed up.. So some didnot dress-up and others had no money. I have trick-or-treated dressed as baby in my 20s LOLOnly got 1 door locked on me the rest gave me alittle candy & had a good laugh. P.S. It was late when I did it no little ones around.

I personally have debated this issue as well. So I think I'm with the rest of some of you. If there is a costume then more often than not I will give some candy. I have my candy separate, as in quite a few kinds. I keep the bowls hidden from view except for some cheap candy. If I deem the outfits to be witty or of extra merit..you get the Reese's cups, it goes down hill from there. If I see anyone over the age of say 16 they better have on a Really thought out costume. I have a problem more over with the old "I have a sick sister/brother" story. If I have a parent tell me that, then I generally will fill the separate container. I don't however allow people to tell me what candy I can give to who.

That is to say if a group comes up and someone is dressed to the nines with a homemade flashing robot costume, then they get the Reese's cups. If someone in their group is dressed in street clothes with nothing more than a scattering of some face paint not resembling anything of notice, then they get some lower grade candy. And just so you know, mom your 4 month old, however cute, does not like Reese's cups...They get the safety pop thank-you. :whistling:

Also wearing your high school uniform of whatever sport isn't impressing me, however, if the football guy is wearing the cheerleader outfit or vice versa then yeah, I think that gets some merit. IF However I see teens carrying sabotage equipment...Eggs, whatever, then it's no candy and a quick call to the police front desk (note that is a normal number, not the 911 dial)

I'm glad we don't have Halloween here... this sort of dilemma would haunt me XD

plus I don't think any kids would want my vegan treats ✩

Every country has a Halloween, it's just not always called Halloween because their holiday follows a different set of traditions. Halloween in more a US thing that a few other countries have adapted. Mexico has a day of the dead, that's really Halloween with alcohol and block parties. Many Asian countries have a moon festival thing, can't remember the names so I just call them that, when they have tradition of leaving sweets or food, sometimes even money, for the dead. A slightly less exciting Halloween but that's what it is. Our version of it, Halloween, is pretty much based on the idea that spirits will appear at your door, if you don't give them an offering they will pester you the whole night, so people dressed up to blend in and get treats and gifts as well. There's more to it than that for some people but that's the basic idea,

Guest little_jonny

i would say good and bad.

if a kid 1 year old to 16 year came to my house in a costum i will give them candy, but if they dont have a costum and expect candy, i'm gonna ask them what they're doing.. ir do this. have big candy bars for the little kids, and the older kids who show up with no costume on give them the fun size candy bars. or pull this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZXNhycMX_M