LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Infantile Tendencies"

Guest baby-jessy

so just under a quarter of British people have a Infantile Tendency? i am sure there is more, just not everyone says that they do. i am sure if someone asked me if i had a Infantile Tendency, i would properly say no!

Baby-Jessy,

I must say I agree with you. I bet most people would deny any infantile tendancies publicly, since they tend to be looked down upon in general society. I would have to Really Trust someone before telling them.

I am so glad that do not have any of those; thank the Fairies and as soon as I am finished with this forum, I cannot wait to get into bed and cuddle Dolly Lisa Michelle and Dolly Andra Lynne :)

I've read somewhere that even adults nowadays have a teddy bear or two, most of them are women though :P

LOL I got busted by guy at work=he was dating my daughter(= wifes' idear):censored: He was over 1 nite they watched old family films. One showed me waking up with my Teddy bear.:blush: YEP!! He asks :wtf2: . I said "After being married 10years & hugging wife when sleeping then because of shift change & not sleeping with her. I couldnot sleep good. So wife bought it at a yardsale for me & hugging it when she wasnot there I could sleep again. And if he told any1 I'd not only kill him but make life at work hel- too. LOL I was his crew leader . :whistling::roflmao:

Actually, everyone has so-called "infantile tendencies." Rather than use the word "infantile," I prefer the words "regressive or reminiscent." Think about this: Do you have a favorite food? Then it's probably something you like because you enjoyed it when you were very young--and you still engage in eating it as an adult in order to obtain that same feeling. Do you listen to music that you loved as a child? It brings back (hopefully) pleasant memories; that's why you enjoy listening. Even looking at old pictures or watching movies you grew up with provides the same comfort. The only difference is, some things we found pleasure in as a child, we are expected to outgrow as we mature. That includes diapers, baby bottles, articles of clothing, etc. But some of us find comfort in those items throughout our entire lives. Why would that be wrong if other childhood indulgences still make us happy? (I think we all have an answer for that). Part of the reason I drive a 1972 Volkswagen Beetle is because it reminds me of a more carefree era. I was 13 years old when my car was new; not particularly pleasant time in my life, but it certainly was carefree...and gas wasn't $3 a gallon!!! I love this topic because it's a subject I explored when I wrote Bikini Twist.

I agree with you. As a devotee of Piaget, I find that characteristics of an earlier stage are not replaced by those of a more advacned stage but simply added to, The first 4 years of life afe "sensory-motor" learning. If you are 16 and take up guitar, you learn new sensory-motor skills. If that stage were abandoned entirely, the learning of new skills of that sort would not be possible. The next stage is "impressionistic": Well, if you see something that quickly passes, You do not have the time to sort it out and your recall and assessment of it are impressionistic. That is a "quick and dirty" method but in many situations, the only game in town and is better than none at all and at a later age can be trained to accuracy. This has to do with the physical development of the brain. the last few years of this development 21 to 25 are so expansive that it is almost like a rebirth. All philosophies, theistic or atheistic gotten in that timeframe produces a "born again" feeling as though a new spirit has entered the body.

So even in the world of learing and thinking St. Paul's admonition to "put away the things of a child" does not stand up. Of course what he meant was to not deal with complex issues with the tools of a child

Absolutely correct. And that is also why children at a very young age pick up foreign languages so quickly. If you try to learn something later in life, it is much more difficult that if you are exposed to it as a child.

I agree with you. As a devotee of Piaget, I find that characteristics of an earlier stage are not replaced by those of a more advacned stage but simply added to, The first 4 years of life afe "sensory-motor" learning. If you are 16 and take up guitar, you learn new sensory-motor skills. If that stage were abandoned entirely, the learning of new skills of that sort would not be possible. The next stage is "impressionistic": Well, if you see something that quickly passes, You do not have the time to sort it out and your recall and assessment of it are impressionistic. That is a "quick and dirty" method but in many situations, the only game in town and is better than none at all and at a later age can be trained to accuracy. This has to do with the physical development of the brain. the last few years of this development 21 to 25 are so expansive that it is almost like a rebirth. All philosophies, theistic or atheistic gotten in that timeframe produces a "born again" feeling as though a new spirit has entered the body.

So even in the world of learing and thinking St. Paul's admonition to "put away the things of a child" does not stand up. Of course what he meant was to not deal with complex issues with the tools of a child

This sort of story reminds me of back when I was a representative of a radio station and we'd get together once a month with the other stations in town to do a fairly cursory attempt to "listen to community needs" by inviting a half a dozen leaders of community organizations in to tell us their issues. These guys were all a bunch of cards. During a talk by a gay rights leader, he through out some silly statistic like 25% of all people have homosexual tendencies. At this point, the guy across the table puts his hand on the thigh of the guy next to him. Only the few of us closest to this caught it but it was all we could do to keep composure.

Whether we wish to admit it or not, (and I am not just refering to the members of this community, this concerns everyone in the world) we ALL have actions that we practiced in infancy, and that we refuse to give up and/or change.

we ALL have actions that we practiced in infancy, and that we refuse to give up and/or change.

A few weeks back I was sitting overnite with sister-n-law after a hospital visit she had. I watched T.V. (antenna) very late; so I ended up on the cartoon channel. Which she noticed still on the next morning & me asleep in the floor.:roflmao: