LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Omg, I'M Fat! Too

DailyDi

Stevia, its a natural sweetener, grows as a plant, can get it at home depot or lowes garden department with the other herbs, can also order it in powder form online... its not aspartame or splenda, as those are artificial, this is all natural, you can grow it yourself.... it tastes great when cooking or in ice tea, or tea, or coffee to sweeten things up...

BE CAREFUL if you are using Stevia. Some studies show adverse effects, some show benefits... the jury is still out on long-term effects in humans. The fact that Stevia was banned worldwide until just a few years ago makes me suspicious enough as it is.

• Like 1

My original thread has been hijacked by the BMI debate. So updating with a new one.

I am fat. It's an obvious fact, most easily pointed out by saying that I have to wait for Bambino to offer the Large Teddies before I can try them!

Started a hybrid diet Saturday. Giving up a lot of calories, fat and fried foods. Keeping my sugary drinks - the lack of which has broken all previous diets. Switching to mostly Gatorade since it has half the calories of soda and juices... and one Snapple in the evening since I need my juice to not be cranky :)

I been struggling with my weight for years. I hate that I'm a big guy even if I was thin (I'm built large like my father).

I have tried on and off over the last few years to drop the weight but I always flop. The dumb thing is, if just watch what I eat and get up and move around... I drop weight like a shot from a gun. I'm pushing 32 though and I'm told it won't be like that for much longer.

I'm not morbidly obese or anything but I'm definately large. I really used to be disgusted by my body. Daddy tells me all the time how beautiful I am but I don't think he counts... he has a thing for bigness lol. That doesn't really lend itself to my having a prob losing weight. While he enjoys my size, he too would like to see me lose weight and be healthy.

Anyways DD, I'm prattling on... Good luck and stick to it :)

The thing with keeping a healthy body is, you can't diet. It's a lifestyle. You either choose to live a healhty thin lifestyle or you don't. Diets don't work because a diet is a temporary thing... which is why most people gain the weight back.

Choose to make it your lifestyle :) That's been my prob all these years.. I choose to eat horrible foods and my body pays the price.

~lilme

You need to do a bit more research on that topic there my friend.....That isn't how Dr Atkins died at all.

IIRC he had a freak accident - fell over in the snow and died of a head injury. One of a million utterly useless facts that circulate in my brain :)

Diet sodas and other "sugar free" products contain lots of man made chemicals, some of which can be very bad for you.

"I'll have a number 8... yeah, go ahead and mega size it... oh, but I want a diet Coke!"

Ironically, people who drink a lot of diet pop tend to gain more weight than those who drink regular pop. Typically because they think that because it's diet they can really binge on it and end up drinking way too much. Personally, I can't stand the taste of diet pops... And I can't afford much real pop, or juice or anything. And I don't drink alcohol or milk. So, that perty much leaves water...

Ironically, people who drink a lot of diet pop tend to gain more weight than those who drink regular pop. Typically because they think that because it's diet they can really binge on it and end up drinking way too much.

Okay?? How can a person gain weight by drinking a zero calorie soda?

I have heard...and I know this is totally 3rd party hearsay...but I have heard that the artificial sweeteners in these drinks tend to cause people to really crave the real thing.

I know how difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. I have struggled with weight control for most of my life. It isn't easy and I know that I really need to keep at it.

Man....its tough.

the problem with diet soda is... its not real sugar, so its not a real carbohydrate, so people will drink it, instead of eating, but unlike non diet soda which has sugar which is a carb which will help in making you feel full, diet soda does not have that, so they will either drink more diet soda, or start eating because they think ohhh i'm hungry, drinking that soda just kicked in my apetite.... and people who order a regular soda with a meal, the regular soda helps fil them up so they eat less food, if you order diet soda, its not helping fill you up so you eat more food.

Okay?? How can a person gain weight by drinking a zero calorie soda?

Calories aren't the only thing that make you gain weight. Just because something is "diet" doesn't mean that you won't gain weight if you consume too much of it. My dad got kicked off of a diet plan 15 years ago, because he binged on the diet food and gained a few pounds while the rest of the family was away for a week.

Beweare of diet stuff...

Update time I suppose:

Hybrid diet has continued to evolve. Basically I am just making better choices and not sweating calories. More salads than sandwiches; more chicken and fish than beef. Frozen yogurt instead of hot fudge sundaes; fat free candy instead of chocolates. Have stuck to my one Snapple a day, rest of the time it's gatorade at home, or soda when out - again within reason.

Weight? No clue, don't have a scale and no plans to change that. What I do know is I am sleeping better, feel better and have better focus and concentration that I've had in a long while. Plus, the fiber increase has resolved an annoying hemorrhoid issue I was having.

Really see this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I make better decisions every day and improve my overall health and hopefully weight will take care of itself through those better choices. So long as I feel better and BP/Cholesteral are fine I'm good with my shape.

I happen to like diet cola and can't stand the taste of regular coke, I started drinking Diet Rite Cola in the early 60's and continued drinking diet colas over the years since.

Why drink something that contains 400 calories when you can drink the same type drink with 1 or 2 calories.

We get enough useless calories in our diet.

Save the calories and enjoy another slice of pizza, or have an ice cream once and a while without Guilt.

I'm not trying to lose weight, but I'm a runner and don't need sugary sports drinks, just good flavor and electrolytes. I enjoy Gatorade G2 Perform "low calorie" powder packs. Each pack mixes with a half liter bottle of water and has only 40 calories. The best part is that the primary sweetner is SUCROSE! Towards the end of the list of ingredients is sucralose, but no aspartame or other stuff that leaves you with a dry mouth.

Good luck with your program and please remember that the goal is better health, not a number on the scale or a diaper size. If better health produces a smaller diaper size, great! If not, please accept yourself like we all accept each other in diapers.

Aloha,

Honu

Why drink something that contains 400 calories when you can drink the same type drink with 1 or 2 calories.

Only 400 calories? Which one? :huh:

Read the labels carefully- single-serve soft drinks contain more than the one serving which the label is telling you about :angry: One 24oz soft drink can contain half your daily caloric intake :crybaby: Two of these and you're done with sodas and food for the day but that's not what people actually do so they gain weight :P Then they can't figure out how it happened because they read the label....

Bettypooh

I could be way off base here because I am using the metric system and I am not completely sure if this conversion is accurate....anyway....

24 fluid ounces equals approximately .710 liters. In Canada our soda is typically sold in 2 liter bottles. There are smaller sizes of course but this makes it somewhat simpler.... 250 milliliters of Coca Cola contains 110 calories. A whole 2 liter bottle will contain 880 calories. That is A LOT of soda. 24 oz of Coke therefore has 311 calories.

Drink enough of those suckers and you'll gain weight quickly......

I'm glad to hear its working for you. I've been living on my own for a little more than a month (you have no idea how thrilled I am about that). My prblem is I work at a fast food place and the soda is free XD and the food is half off :). I need to start eating at home and put down the pop and candy and cookies....... >.> you see where I'm going

Update time I suppose:

Hybrid diet has continued to evolve. Basically I am just making better choices and not sweating calories. More salads than sandwiches; more chicken and fish than beef. Frozen yogurt instead of hot fudge sundaes; fat free candy instead of chocolates. Have stuck to my one Snapple a day, rest of the time it's gatorade at home, or soda when out - again within reason.

Weight? No clue, don't have a scale and no plans to change that. What I do know is I am sleeping better, feel better and have better focus and concentration that I've had in a long while. Plus, the fiber increase has resolved an annoying hemorrhoid issue I was having.

Really see this as a lifestyle change, not a diet. I make better decisions every day and improve my overall health and hopefully weight will take care of itself through those better choices. So long as I feel better and BP/Cholesteral are fine I'm good with my shape.

I don't have a scale either. I used a weight/lotto # gizmo at the mall. It said I weigh 250.7 lbs and I am 6ft2.5in.