LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Omg, I'M Fat! Too

DailyDi

My original thread has been hijacked by the BMI debate. So updating with a new one.

I am fat. It's an obvious fact, most easily pointed out by saying that I have to wait for Bambino to offer the Large Teddies before I can try them!

Started a hybrid diet Saturday. Giving up a lot of calories, fat and fried foods. Keeping my sugary drinks - the lack of which has broken all previous diets. Switching to mostly Gatorade since it has half the calories of soda and juices... and one Snapple in the evening since I need my juice to not be cranky :)

I am fat. It's an obvious fact, most easily pointed out by saying that I have to wait for Bambino to offer the Large Teddies before I can try them!

I am too so you aren't alone! I haven't know my weight for about 6 years now.

I have no plans to diet or exercise. I am screwed since I work in fast food and it isn't worth the time to get food else where on break since I only get 1 half hour break my entire shift and don't want to spend half of it just getting food.

I have found that it's the carbs in refined sugar that do a lot of damage in weight management. I have essentially cut as much refined sugers out of my diet as possible and feel a lot better :) I use a sugar substitute in coffee, or just drink it with milk or cream. I stick with diet soads, when I drink those, and just try and stay away from as much refined sugar as possible. I know its in everything you buy, so home cooking is the best for avoiding it. I stick with chicken mostly, rice and veggies. Home made soups (raman with frozen veggies and a beaten egg makes a good egg drop soup.)

I also find eating a higher protein diet helps in both energy and feeling full, and helps avoid the desire to snack. Eggs for breakfast etc, help. I also eat a lot of salad with Italian dressing, since the Ranch and blue cheese both have sugar in them, and are high in other crap that doesn't help cholesterol etc.

Anyways, good luck with what you are doing.

Tight jeans??? no tight diapers instead?? :P

qwack

I have no plans to diet or exercise. I am screwed since I work in fast food and it isn't worth the time to get food else where on break since I only get 1 half hour break my entire shift and don't want to spend half of it just getting food.

You can get around that by cooking and bringing in your own food. brown bagging is much easier then you think and you control what you eat. Take your break and eat healthier. I get a 1/2 hour break too and usually just eat salad, but I also cook a lot of chicken and rice and stuff at home and take it to work. Others that work there bring in their own food, so they don't have to eat what we make, and sell. On the bad side, for customers to be seeing you eating non store fair sends an odd message, if anyone asks, you can just say you work around it all day and are sick of it and want something different :P *shrug*

Also, its cheaper cooking at home and brown bagging it, than going out all the time. $20 will actually buy about a weeks worth of food, rather than taking that same $20 and using it to eat out. The average subway sandwich is $5, where the same $5 can get 2-3 days of chicken thighs etc..

happy hunting!

I have found that it's the carbs in refined sugar that do a lot of damage in weight management. I have essentially cut as much refined sugers out of my diet as possible and feel a lot better :) I use a sugar substitute in coffee, or just drink it with milk or cream. I stick with diet soads, when I drink those, and just try and stay away from as much refined sugar as possible. I know its in everything you buy, so home cooking is the best for avoiding it. I stick with chicken mostly, rice and veggies. Home made soups (raman with frozen veggies and a beaten egg makes a good egg drop soup.)

I also find eating a higher protein diet helps in both energy and feeling full, and helps avoid the desire to snack. Eggs for breakfast etc, help. I also eat a lot of salad with Italian dressing, since the Ranch and blue cheese both have sugar in them, and are high in other crap that doesn't help cholesterol etc.

Anyways, good luck with what you are doing.

Tight jeans??? no tight diapers instead?? :P

qwack

You need carbs! Your body runs on carbs! That is like not filling up your car with gas!

As for diet sodas and substitute sugar, make sure it does not have aspartame!!!!! It will rot your brain!

Dr. Atkins (creator of the Atkins high-protein diet) died from Colon Cancer.

Diet sodas and other "sugar free" products contain lots of man made chemicals, some of which can be very bad for you.

So... losing weight and getting healthy might just kill you.

Gotta love America... Why are Americans so obese? Because our culture makes it easy to be that way. Just look at food for example. We all work too much and our schedules are packed. If we want a quick affordable meal it is going to be Fast Food. A double cheeseburger costs $1... but a 6" sub costs $3. You do the math on that.

"I'll have a number 8... yeah, go ahead and mega size it... oh, but I want a diet Coke!"

• Like 1

I am fresh cooking all my meals now, and am limiting my sugar to SUGAR not HFCS and other god awful concoctions. My hope is that by limiting fat and starches over time my body will learn to run off body fat and the sugars.

Am allergic to Aspartame and just plain can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. I miss the days when the offered "lite" products with less sugar, instead of with chemicals.

My drinks are a must. So they are my "in moderation" item.

"I'll have a number 8... yeah, go ahead and mega size it... oh, but I want a diet Coke!"

Ha! I used to work at most of the fast food chains, and it killed me how many people would order a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon, large fries, onion rings, pie... and a diet coke! Who do they think they are kidding?

Ha! I used to work at most of the fast food chains, and it killed me how many people would order a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon, large fries, onion rings, pie... and a diet coke! Who do they think they are kidding?

As long as they are kidding themselves, that's all that matters.

I used to be a skinny fuck... until I discovered beer in all its wonderful varieties. Put on about 40 pounds over 5 years.

All fast food chains offer healthy options (Salads, Grilled chicken, yogurt, fruit...

YOU just have to decide to order them.

All fast food chains offer healthy options (Salads, Grilled chicken, yogurt, fruit...

From the studies I've read, many fast-food salads have more calories and fat than the burgers do. They also cost more as well. Wendy's new salads cost like $6... and if you get the "meal" it is even more. They just want you to think you are eating healthy.

Just finished dinner: Baby greens with carrots, black beans, corn, sun-dried tomatoes and a small amount of cheese and meat. Fat Free Dijon dressing. Quite good. Actually prefer fresh foods, just had to make the decision to take the time to do it!

Trying to balance fat by choosing fats that also have a lot of fiber (hence the black beans) so my body is less likely to store the fats.

You need carbs! Your body runs on carbs! That is like not filling up your car with gas!

As for diet sodas and substitute sugar, make sure it does not have aspartame!!!!! It will rot your brain!

To late, brain is already rotted...as if you haven't noticed :P

I also get my carbs in the 16 oz size, preferably a micro brew or craft brew :blush: which is why I am over weight too. if I can get back down to around 190, i would be happy...getting back on my mountain bike might help with that too *shrug*

Also, working in the pizza industry, we get "those' orders as well. Large thick crust meat lovers pizza....and a 2 liter bottle of diet pepsi :roflmao: really...who are they kidding sheeh :P

From the studies I've read, many fast-food salads have more calories and fat than the burgers do. They also cost more as well. Wendy's new salads cost like $6... and if you get the "meal" it is even more. They just want you to think you are eating healthy.

It's still about choices. You know processed meats and cheeses are worse than the veggies, and full-fat dressings can be worse than a cheeseburger. I'm just saying working in fast food doesn't mean you have to make bad choices. Not judging him, I'm guilty of those choices myself - it's just not true that he doesn't have any choice but to eat it :)

To late, brain is already rotted...as if you haven't noticed :P

I also get my carbs in the 16 oz size, preferably a micro brew or craft brew :blush: which is why I am over weight too. if I can get back down to around 190, i would be happy...getting back on my mountain bike might help with that too *shrug*

My only bike is the same one I had in elementary school. 24in bike with gears that didn't work then. It isn't worth the cost to get a new one.

Sidenote to hidden: You're not screwed. Why not pack a lunch?

~ moogle

I get 1/2 off on employee meals plus employee free food coupons!

I have been getting Mcchicken w/ cheese, w/o mayo; apple dippers w/o caramel, parfait, smoothie. Not the worst things on the menu.

I am fresh cooking all my meals now, and am limiting my sugar to SUGAR not HFCS and other god awful concoctions. My hope is that by limiting fat and starches over time my body will learn to run off body fat and the sugars.

Am allergic to Aspartame and just plain can't stand the taste of artificial sweeteners. I miss the days when the offered "lite" products with less sugar, instead of with chemicals.

My drinks are a must. So they are my "in moderation" item.

Stevia, its a natural sweetener, grows as a plant, can get it at home depot or lowes garden department with the other herbs, can also order it in powder form online... its not aspartame or splenda, as those are artificial, this is all natural, you can grow it yourself.... it tastes great when cooking or in ice tea, or tea, or coffee to sweeten things up...

my boyfriend and I gave up fast food in may of 09, haven't eaten it since... My cholesterol has dropped 10 pts (it only needed to drop 4 pts to be back in the healthy range, but the other 6 didn't hurt me any... We also joined LA Fitness. I was very reluctant to join a gym because i am quite larger, and didn't want to be the only fat person there. We went on a tour and there were loads of people there who were as large as, or larger than, myself.

We got the personal trainer package for a year, and as such it was more of a reason for us to go to the gym, as we had an appointment. I would defnitely suggest joining with a friend or family member so you can motivate each other to go if you join a gym. I would recommend going to one with a pool, that offers water aerobics courses. If you truely push yourself in the course you burn just as many calories as someone in a regular aerobics class, if not more, and especially if you are just starting out exercising, its less stress on joints and easier to build your stamina up... plus its just fun.

anyway, good on ya for making the changes, i know i put it off for a long time, but just in giving up fast food and only having one diet coke can a day, (as opposed to three or four) i started feeling better in less than three weeks!!!

Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon, large fries, onion rings, pie... and a diet coke! Who do they think they are kidding?

They taste different, you know :P (actually if you're allergic to aspartame then I suppose you might not :P) but yes, Coke, Diet Coke and Coke Zero (my poison) all taste very different. I'm convinced most people who order diet soda with a side of high-fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil and Red Dye #7 do so because of the taste, not the health implications :lol:

Kudos for making a start, though - that's the hardest bit to do. Someone close to me is a few lb's away from their first significant target/milestone to a healthier weight (which will equal a loss of around 40lbs) and it's already made a really big difference to their energy level, stamina, pain levels, general health, mental health.......

Yup! Yup! Your sugars should be from fruits. If you've never had dates, you're really missing out. Crush them and put it on toast. Instant jelly.

Complex carbs have to be broken down by the body to form simple sugars so that they actually burn calories before calories are gained. It's a slower process and you don't get the rush and crash.

Stevia, its a natural sweetener, grows as a plant, can get it at home depot or lowes garden department with the other herbs, can also order it in powder form online... its not aspartame or splenda, as those are artificial, this is all natural, you can grow it yourself.... it tastes great when cooking or in ice tea, or tea, or coffee to sweeten things up...

Wonderful stuff. I use this in my fresh made lemonade.

Yup! Yup! Your sugars should be from fruits. If you've never had dates, you're really missing out. Crush them and put it on toast. Instant jelly.

Complex carbs have to be broken down by the body to form simple sugars so that they actually burn calories before calories are gained. It's a slower process and you don't get the rush and crash.

Wonderful stuff. I use this in my fresh made lemonade.

I have had dates and L*O*V*E them good good good stuff ;) havn't thought about smashing them up though, as I usually have the dried ones. I might try that, as for the stevia, never heard of it, but I'll check that out as well. I just cut out all my 'refined and processed sugars" I don't mind natural ones, but everything is so full or refined and processed white sugar these days... anything organic or natural is almost alien! :P