LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Safety Pin As Our Insignia

I was reading Isabella and other's suggestions about ideas for a recognition symbol for the AB/DL community but the more I think about it, the more I agree with Babydoc and others who have suggested that we adopt the safety pin as our recognition symbol.

See, the marvelous thing about the safety pin is its simplicity. Not to discredit the hard work that Isabella and others put into their logos (such as the heart logo) but I don't feel those logos represent me, nor would I feel comfortable putting one on my key chain or a bumper sticker. (As a side note, I realize that my objections to the proposed logos only contribute to the lack of a single vision that plagues our community, but that's another topic.)

Yet although the safety pin is unassuming - which is good for those who want the logo to be a secret recognition icon - it's very destinctive. I especially like the idea of a safety pin because of how different it is from the 'pride' logos.

It's simple, it's elegant, and it's unique. What's there not to like about it?

Please tell me what you think. If there's enough approval, then I'd like to take more steps to encourage others to adopt it.

-Jess

post-1519-1137870629_thumb.jpg

post-1519-1137870629_thumb.jpg

I was reading Isabella and other's suggestions about ideas for a recognition symbol for the AB/DL community but the more I think about it, the more I agree with Babydoc and others who have suggested that we adopt the safety pin as our recognition symbol.

See, the marvelous thing about the safety pin is its simplicity. Not to discredit the hard work that Isabella and others put into their logos (such as the heart logo) but I don't feel those logos represent me, nor would I feel comfortable putting one on my key chain or a bumper sticker.

I really like this idea but guitar_a_goo_goo_ga has a point. Perhaps as he suggested; a set number. Wearing on one's clothing may be difficult due to different attire. Belt loop? Not everyone has those (if you're in a skirt).

Perhaps as he mentioned, a set number worn in a recognizable way, such as two, parallel to each other at a 45 degree angle. These could be worn anywhere but still be recognizable to other AB/DL's (i.e., a shirt pocket, side of a hat, etc.).

***hugs***

Ruffles

I used to wear a safety pin on the outside seam of my shorts/pants right near the pocket. One person in one of my classes actualy guessed what it was for after I had been asked a few times why i wore a safety pin there, of corse at the time I was quite scared and quickly denied it. But I have always like the safety pin as an insignia for many reasons, mostly because it is different from pride logos and it is quickly written off by anyone with out "diaper radar". And there is a difference between diaper pins and safety pins, diaper pins are easily distinguishable from safety pins and are not typicaly associated with anything punk/goth. I would most defininately put a diaper pin sticker on my car or wear a diaper pin somewhere on my clothing. I think a pink and/or blue diaper pin would be the way to go.

Keep posting, we need more input!

I would be all for the diaper pin; each of us could use either blue or pink depending on our gender preference. The simple safty pin would be fine, too, recognizing that many of us are a bit more discrete about their diapers. I esp[ecially like the diaper or safety pin becuase I wear clot diapers; I wonder how my friends in disposables feel about the pin logo?

Try this:

"Mother fucker, that's my macho stabbey you talkin about! You get in my way I'm gonna poke you so full of tiny holes the cannibals couldn't make you into a canoe! Outta my way, foo!"

Now, if you can figure out something more macho than that, let me hear it.

i don't see that working too well beczause every punk/goth already wears them for fashon.

how are we to tell the difference? from fashon and AB/DL?

Not like I'm some up-to-the-minute punk/goth fashion trends dude, but I think the only safety pins I've ever seen those folks wearing were plain ole safety pins (all metal), not diaper pins (plastic cap).

Seeing as the two kinds look pretty different, with diaper pins making a completely different visual statement than the regular ones, IMHO I don't think anybody wearing a diaper pin would get asked if they're Bauhaus fans... any more than if some goth/punk wearing a regular safety pin in his/her ear would be asked "disposable or cloth?"....

Like I said elsewhere, I've worn a diaper pin to make my discrete statement (not like I've any luck, but anyway)... It seems like a more relevant and straight-forward symbol than some multi-colored flag or something.

Think of it in this (highly condensed, impossibly non-judgemental) scenario: Somebody sees your "flag" pin, and asks "what's that for?" You tell them "It's the symbol for the Adult Baby/Diaper Lover community". They look at the flag and say, "Uh, ok... but what do all those colors have to do with that?" Which leads into a long convoluted explaination.

Ditch that for a diaper pin instead, and once you say what it's for, it's immediately obvious-- no further explaination nessessary. It's simple and iconic.

just my .02

:beer:

wv

• 1 year later...

I know this topic has been kinda dead for awhile now, but I wanted to reopen it instead of posting a new thread about the same thing. I really like the idea of wearing a pin as our symbol. I think it's a good idea and if we used a diaper pin, people would be less likely to copy us (especially considering they are in no way at all punk or gothic) and it would be easily recognizable for anyone with "diaper radar" as was said in an earlier post.

Ahhh, I remember this thread, and I just got an idea...instead of a pin, we use diaper tapes....just cut them off of the diaper and put them on your shirt...j/k.

Actually that's a good idea with the pin and all. If someone asks about it (doubtful, and depending on the person they will believe anything you say because it's an odd topic to talk about anyway) just say it's for good luck or something, something basic and just shrug it off like it's nothing. If they prod at you, then they mean something more than just a regular person asking about something random on your clothing, and they are probably familiar with the ab/dl scene and possibly are one themselves.

While this may be a bit overt for some of us, there's been an abdl pride flag proposed here: ABDL Pride Flag. I know, personally, it's a bit too obvious for my comfort, but I'm not even interested in wearing the leather or BDSM pride flags in general public. The advantage of the flag is that its essentially impossible to mistake for something else. I suppose I would wear one to events where a certain level of understanding and respect would be expected. I've also seen a second pride logo that was targeted more at the age players: Age Player Pride Flag.

I know diaper pins have been proposed in the past, not only here but elsewhere as well. Heck I've seen a whole "hanky code" with different colored caps.

People who would wear a safety pin solely for fashion are probably going to stand out as such, and, as it has been pointed out earlier in the thread, it's probably going to be a safety pin. Of course, some of us may dress in the Goth/Punk/Industrial style anyways, I know I do.