LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I'M New

Hi everyone,

I am Kelly, 27 years old. I have cerebral palsy that results in a neurogenic bladder. I have stress and urge urinary incontinence, as well as fecal urgency and occasional fecal incontinence. I am in diapers all the time. At first, it bugged me. I have not always been incontinent. I was dry pretty much since potty training at age 5. (I still wet at night until then.) Then, when I was 19, I woke up one morning in a bed that was completely soaked. The urologists diagnosed me with a neurogenic bladder. I have tried all the meds, etc. with little success. So, they are advising that I manage soley with diapers. That's fine by me, I don't really mind diapers anymore. I actually like them. It is so nice to just be able to pee when the urge hits, to avoid the painful bladder spasms and anxiety of "not making it." I'll admit...I am lazy about using the toilet. I very rarely do. I am wearing a diaper after all...why bother? If I was resigned to trying harder, I would probably be in the bathroom all day. I have to pee about every 10-15 minutes. It's ridiculous to even try with that, in my opinion. I would love to talk to others who are genuinely incontinent, have some control of functions, but chose to just use diapers, not really trying to go on the toilet. I'd be interested to see just how many people there are like me out there.

Kelly

Welcome to the group. Pretty much the same history here. I could be in "regular' underwear during the day if I wanted to be tethered to bathrooms everywhere I go... would rather be secure and able to go about my life freely.

Hello, and welcome. I'm glad to meet you and welcome you to our group. Thanks also for admitting that you can be lazy sometimes. I'm getting that way as my fecal incontinence grows. I don't rush to the bathroom anymore like I used to because now, five out of six times, I won't get the diapers off in time. Bummer, but I've been wearing diapers for 46 years now. Glad you're with us!

I have read here for awhile. I belong to several purely medical incontinence forums, and people there (a lot of them) tend to act like being incontinent is the worst thing in the world. Here, although most folks would certainly prefer to have normal bowel/bladder functions (I am one of these people,) you all have seemed, like me to embrace your need for diapers, and think of the positive side of things. I am glad I joined, and thanks so much for the welcome. :)

I have read here for awhile. I belong to several purely medical incontinence forums, and people there (a lot of them) tend to act like being incontinent is the worst thing in the world. Here, although most folks would certainly prefer to have normal bowel/bladder functions (I am one of these people,) you all have seemed, like me to embrace your need for diapers, and think of the positive side of things. I am glad I joined, and thanks so much for the welcome. :)

I'm bladder and bowel incon from a spianl cord injury. I maybe be wrong, but after a while, I think most people who are incon give up trying to make it to the bathroom all the time for several reasons. When your already incon, who cares if you wet your diaper. I would much rather use the diaper than live my life in a bathroom, or worring about it. I got to the point where I did'nt care since I'm going to change anyway. I found managing my incontinence was a lot easier to deal with by changing the diaper and moving forward with life. :) Not one of my doc's has ever asked me if I could have made to the bathroom in time and used the diaper instead. Like I said,......when your already incon who cares?

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for introducing yourself and expressing your interests here. While I can control my bladder, I couldn't at night until I was almost 15. I always wanted the acceptance of that by sleeping in diapers and from there, I developed into a "DL". I wear a diaper at all times now. I use cloth diapers at home for comfort, confidence, economy and ecology. I use disposibles outside the house for discretion. For me, diapers mean an acceptance of who I really am. If using your diaper is lazy, I'm proud to be lazy! When work, travel, meetings, etc. make it too hard to enjoy using my diaper and then changing it, I "cheat" but always keep a diaper on.

I hope this provides you with some of the information you are looking for from the people here and hope you enjoy being online with others who also choose to wear diapers for one reason or another.

Aloha,

Honu

My mother means the world to me, and I have to be around her a lot due to my cerebral palsy. While I don't live with her, I am certainly around her most everyday. She understands that I have a problem controlling my bodily functions, but SHE has a problem with the fact that I don't even use the toilet. I'll admit, I used to try occasionally until my urologist and primary care doctor started discussing management with diapers instead of further treatment. I have medical problems that don't allow me to take the OAB meds or meds for my stomach issues (they both lower my BP more than it naturally is low) so they figure if I manage it with diapers I can at least live my life. I think that's why there's still a part of me that feels a bit of guilt for just using my diapers. I have tried to explain to my mom that the I don't care, the doctors don't care, so why should she care? And can't get much further with that topic of discussion, so whatever. It's not like I try to hide when I've gone to the bathroom, and sometimes that's not possible with the occasional flood, but there's still a part of me that wishes my mom would be more accepting.

Welcome. There are many hear that would agree that it is better to feel good not having to worry or stress over making it to the bathroom. If you are at peace with who you are and how you deal with incontinence, then your mom should try to be understanding of it.

Welcome to DD, I too have Cerebral Palsy, I went back to diapers fulltime 10 years ago because I got tired of waiting around for people to help me use the toilet.