LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depression And It'S Effects

Well one problem i have is when i watch tv and i follow a series the emotion of te show can send me in tthe depression part of my bipolar last week it happened and it happened again to night. i love the show deadiest catch. well the passing of phil harris is the topic for the last two weeks. the reason that his passing hurts me is he had the same attitude of my father before he passed away.

i always think its weird how i can relate to some one i never met and look at him the same way i did my father.

i am wondering how many others are efected by the media are your suroundings

Well, I know I don't have God to lean on when I want to.

Warning: Athiest rant.

He tried to kill me twice before I was born.

I had my cord wrapped around my neck while still in the womb. Then, I was born Jaundus with an underdeveloped liver. So, if it wasn't for science, I would be dead or brain damaged with possibly a bad liver. An ultra sound machine (man made) saw the cord. A C-section (a man made procedure) was done to keep me from suffocating. A special light (man made) was used to get my liver to function right.

And to boot, God gave me crappy vision. I know some have worse vision than me but mine is far far far from 20/20.

Seems to me that God didn't want me to get very far.

Well, I know I don't have God to lean on when I want to.

Warning: Athiest rant.

I had my cord wrapped around my neck while still in the womb. Then, I was born Jaundus with an underdeveloped liver. So, if it wasn't for science, I would be dead or brain damaged with possibly a bad liver. An ultra sound machine (man made) saw the cord. A C-section (a man made procedure) was done to keep me from suffocating. A special light (man made) was used to get my liver to function right.

And to boot, God gave me crappy vision. I know some have worse vision than me but mine is far far far from 20/20.

How do you blame someone you profess to not believe in?

Oh the irony! LOL

okay I am laying aside what I believe in for a sec just to make a point. People blame God for bad things happening. Well from a logical standpoint God is embodied as all that is good, therefore there must be a counter part that embodies all that is evil. In most religions that is a DEvil, lucifer, Satan, Belezebub or whatever name ytou wish to interject.

I've had tons of bad shit happen since I was in the womb, it is illogical of me to blame a god/goddess and then say I don't believe in you? A.) How do we know it is his/her's fault and b.) If said God doesn't exist then they aren't at fault either way.

Now I am a chirstian with a ministerial background and can debate a few things, however the big question as to why God allows things to happen is A.) The long answer is too theological for this board and b.) the short answer is, we don't know, not everything that happens to us is going to be understood during the course of our life.

Bad shit happens and we're not always going to see the reason ore if there even was one.

• 2 weeks later...

Relax bro, I have similar issues with my old man. I swear I could be the second coming of Jesus, raise 300 from the dead and part the pacific ocean and his response would be, "Why not 301 and why only the pacific?" Some dads don't know how to handle their sons. I know my father cares, he's just a gigantic douche bag. My Dad's mom walked out on him as a kid so he had to raise his siblings and deal with an alcoholic father. Some how I was just supposed to know what to do and despite my own medical issues I'm supposed to just do everything he did. His life fucking sucks, I don't want to work in a factory as a grunt for 30+ years, it is horrible. He can't understand why I find his chosen life of mediocrity as unacceptable. Any time I tell him or my mother anything it's always "You're lazy" or "That's just the way it is". I rather walk in front of a train then do menial labor my entire life and have nothing to show for it. It's not even so much I don't want to, my body is so fucked up that I couldn't physically do it if I wanted to.

As far as scapegoat, I might as well have been the red head step child. My parents weren't horrible human beings, they just were a bi-product of their environment. This doesn't excuse their behavior though. I was blamed for everything growing up. If they were short on a bill, it was because of some illness, ear infection or whatever else I had going on. I hid an ear infection for three months once because I was afraid of telling them. Funniest thing I ever saw was my mother having one of her mouth frothing, psychotic episodes and slam a pan down on the stove and shatter the glass covering the timer. she looks at me and starts blaming me for it. I stood my ground on that one. That is the key hidden, you gotta not bring up the past with them and not baxck down when they push an issue. Shit I made my mother cry when I was in a depressive mood and wrote something on facebook. I didn't mean to, I had a couple typos and the article came out much worse than intended.(forgot the n't at weren't total screw ups). Shit happens sometimes and it takes the bigger person to make it right. You may never get what you need from your folks, my old man actually did apologize to me and thus I have a ton of more respect for him now then I did 10 years ago. My mother, God Bless her, she has too many issues of her own but she is a completely different person now then she was growing up. I did apologize to her for my facebook post and took her out to lunch,.

The problem we all have in life is that we expect things to be a certain way and we get angry when it doesn't happen. My sister will always be my Dad's favorite, I've learned to accept it and milk it when I needed to. You letting it all consume you is only hurting you in the end. Just take a few deep breaths and go do something fun, you'll be alright. Oh and yeah I get shit from my old man because I'm a gamer. He asks how I can spend hours on end playing WoW so I asked how he could spend 3 hours watching a car turn left? As the saying goes, you can pick your friends but not your relatives. Just find a good core to hang with.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

It's not worth killing yourself. If you end it prematurely you are just making the naysayers gloat. Look at it like I do, well since you sdon't believe in God I'll leave that part out. My main thought is "...Even if I am here just another day to piss some douche bag off then I am worth it."

So...I couldn't help but break this down. First I am not a christian. I am not slamming those that are and I don't want to start a religious debate. But I have studied it quite a bit. This is how I break it down according to the Bible and it's vast knowledge :P What I am saying you, even according to the bible are free to live your life. There might be ramifications later, but right now you alone control your life.

God does not kill, when he did, he swore to never do it again. Think Rainbow. He also said he no longer will perform miracles, Which I find Ironic for a God who knows everything before during and after, he didn't know he was going to make a mistake and then not know he would later apologize? The Bible CLEARLY states: God is Omniscient

I had my cord wrapped around my neck while still in the womb.

See above, Got does not kill, nor does he save! You could argue the point that he wanted you in heaven as he knew your life would be so miserable, but once again that breaks what the bible says. It is a common thing in nature, it happens quite a bit to every mammal. you weren't singled out.

Then, I was born Jaundus with an underdeveloped liver. So, if it wasn't for science, I would be dead or brain damaged with possibly a bad liver. An ultra sound machine (man made) saw the cord. A C-section (a man made procedure) was done to keep me from suffocating. A special light (man made) was used to get my liver to function right.

Okay Let's start with Man Made, God made man in doing so he gave them the ability to learn and think. Within that grand design he gave them the ability to develop. All Animals have evolved at some point and to some point. This is called evolution or falls into survival of the fittest. So therefor God in a way gave man the opportunity to develop the Machines you "think" saved you. Science is in the simplest form, God made. There were C-Sections LONG before the ultrasound for a variety of reasons. The special light that saved you, wasn't all that special. It was a ultraviolet light. The same light available from the sun, which God made. The sun was used to treat Jaundice LONG before man made the light that "saved" you. Once again God made man with the ability to make those things regardless. A quick point to bring up is the conditions you list could easily been caused by improper neonatal care. Or even a hereditary thing, which was caused way back by your ancestors, thus being caused by man

I got shitty vision, I'll bet worse than yours. There are literally thousands of creatures born every day with one of their senses either impared or gone. It's not even concievable that God would cause this event. Once again survival of the fittest and part of nature.

Seems to me if he really didn't, you wouldn't be here at all. Perhaps going with the bible, he just gave you challenges which are your tests toward life and eternal life?

/end thread hi-jack

....See above, Got does not kill, nor does he save!....

This :Crylol: God knew from the start what was going to happen then caused or allowed every bit of it to happen. Anything less and he can't be all-powerful and all-knowing God. God created or allowed everything to happen- good and evil- therefore God is both- and to believe he is only good and that evil is caused by someone else thus becomes an impossibility :o They say God gave us free will, and that God already knows what we will choose before we choose; thus we cannot choose otherwise so we don't have free will. I give God credit for the good and the blame for the evil because that's where the truth about God is really at B) I believe in the golden rule as espoused by God- I give God what he gives me- and he doesn't like that :angry: If God wants me to kiss his behind then he needs to kiss mine back and he won't, even though he can. I have to question why this hipocracy?

That pretty much sums up God in a nutshell- someone who could do better but won't, and we as humans know that is the wrong way to be. Perhaps the real reason we're here is to learn to forgive God of that inherent sin and understand that God isn't perfect either, as much as we'd like him to be that way :( The Bible (and all other religious texts too) were penned by mankind who were seeking a savior, someone to unburden them of bad things, and that affected their perception of God and affected what they wrote.They were unwilling to accept the harsh reality that all is God- everything, with nothing taken away including all bad things too :mellow: There is but one mystery of God and that is why he is this way and then asks us to do better :screwy:

I have studied many other religions with an open mind and found all them to show pretty much the same thing about their 'superior being(s)'. I have concluded that all are wrong based on the above analysis. Believe what you will; it is not my intention to bash or belittle anyone or their beliefs. Just don't expect me to buy into that which isn't true even if doing that does make people happy. I'm not seeking happiness though I won't reject it- I'm seeking solace in the truth and finding none there. It's a hard pill to swallow, a story without a happy ending, an existence I cannot appreciably alter, a fate I'm being forced to endure without having been asked if this is what I wanted, a torture that only ends with death. Were it not for my will to survive I'd have checked out long ago. I don't know why I don't do that now. Every day I have to find reasons to continue life, and the only reasons I can come up with is that I can still help others. There is good in that.

I am not willing to don rose-colored glasses no matter how good it makes me feel. I am not willing to ingest any more substances that make me feel good or alter my perceptions. There is nothing in those except escape from the truth and I can't see where escaping it changes it. Now you know the basis of my depression- I have found the truth and it ain't pretty. The only thing left for me to do is die, and when that time comes the only thing I want from it is a instant and pain-free death. And knowing how God really is I do not expect that wish to be fulfilled either. Not a lot to look forward to, is it? Oh well, it's really always been like that and everyone else gets the same thing too so I can't complain about that. I'll hang around as long as I can tolerate God and what he's done to us. I fear not death, just that it may be painful. I fear not God because in all honesty he's no better than me or anyone else. He's just more powerful than we are and that alone does not make God right :ninja:

When I get to meet the bastard he's got a lot of explaining to do so he'd better be ready for that. Maybe he's working on that which is why he keeps me here for now :roflmao: Whatever, it doesn't matter. I'm here as long as God or I want to be here, either of us can stop that from continuing. I give him his just deserts; he's more powerful than me and that's all. There is nothing more to him than that, and the sooner the human race realizes that the sooner we can learn to do better than him in every other regard. We're capable of doing that you know, whether he likes that bit of truth or not. Methinks he finds that upsetting :angel_not:

Un-hijacking now,,,,

Bettypooh

Religion and politics ... two things based on very little fact and two things that will always wind up being an argument. The sad thing is that life is consumed by these two things too often. ;)

Much is being said with misguided knowledge.

When knowledge needs to be guided, one should question it's veracity B) I've done that and found every established religion unable to prove me in error, or even come close. As I've often said here, you really don't want to follow my beliefs- they hurt quite a bit :o But some of us must follow; it's who we are and what we do- it was intended for me to be this way. Now where's Diogenes and that darned lamp when you need him? :roflmao:

Nothing personal and no disrespect intended- just my half-century of life showing- YMMV ;)

Bettypooh

It's all good, just I have more formal training regarding christianity than most on here so it's funny when people say things and are way off.

I could count as having had "formal training" ... but even within the christian religions there are a LOT of different interpretations. All religions really do, but with organized ones it's easier to count them. ;) Mormons are forced to essentially memorize both the "standard" bible and the Book of Mormon from the time they can read, until ... well ... when we get smart enough to realize that organized religion isn't really about spirituality at all. The only true commonality among all the different christian religions is their strange need to get everyone to believe the same thing they do. When I gave up that religious ideology I basically told my family "believe what you want, and I shall believe what I may." They still got pissed. Been in other christian religions to, and each time I wound up saying the same thing, and each time the followers got angry. So ... meh ... it's simply not worth talking to people about any religious ideal now, except the few who study theology in school.

The funny thing is that Christianity or Judeo-Christianity as a faith is a beautiful thing as an organized religion it's been corrupted and convoluted into a manipulative mess. Jesus did not come to create a new religion. I do hate when people come and say that religion starts war or x starts war. no it's human beings and their corruptable nature that start wars.

Different denominations started because of unwillingness to seek out continued revelation. Each believer should seek out God on their own and not just take the words of a leader as the sole source. I mean at least in modern times any believer should actually check the Bible against what is being preached and if they do not understand, question it or ask questions to gain deeper understanding. the RCC of old kept the Bible in latin to keep it's followers ignorant and mindlessly devout. Baptists shun anything not 1950's Americana as evil and each denomination has a cultural irrelevance or docttrinal issue that keeps them from having a full revelation of the complete nature of God. i struggle with different things, I really struggle with viewing God as a father and of course like many I don't read or pray enough like I should. i look at churches as a mess and completely off from what they were meant to be. the term Ecclesia which is the Greek word in which we got chruch from meant the body of believers, not a building or self servicing, systematic institution. My conflict is I exist to do more than be a cog however at the same time many of these systematic institutions do a lot of good in the world. It's like a ctach 22 for me. My gripe here is many have listed a very limited and factually inaccurate view of God, citing old testament scriptures, singled out and one reference only. this is a huge faux pas and a violation of basic Hermeneutics(art of interpretation, named after greek god hermes). This is not taught otuside of seminaries or Bible Colleges and I wish it was as it would help many walk on the straight and narrow instead ofm going off the deep end.

Okay ending my off topic rant. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Daddy Fred calling... I have a nationally recognized UK qualification in counselling. Most people coming for counselling have depressions or anxieties they are unable to fix/cope with by themselves and need a little help from someone who knows a few angles.

I've written a few of these angles and observations which could be useful to some.

The article is long and best broken up into 'chapters'. I will post these if anyone asks, but reading same will need concentration -- it's not entertainment, it's not palliative, it's therapy, and therapy means work as anyone who's gone through it knows only too well.

So shall I post it?

Daddy Fred.

my concern fred is that are your suggestions backed up by any sort of research or empirical evidence to show their success? if not you should at least post a disclaimer these are just suggestions that in your experience you have found to be useful to some people, but that you are in NO WAY offering official counseling or suggesting anyone employ your techniques without first consulting with their own mental health counselor or treating doctor.

far to many people post on websites what has worked for them, or they have seen work for another, without realizing people will read that, and may decide to suspend treatment and use those techniques, when those techniques may not be best for a particular person.

mental health and mental health treatment is a very personal thing, and treatment methods should be between the patient and the treating source, so I would just hope you would encourage readers to consult with their own treating source before employing any of your suggestions ....

Sarah brought up a good point, however I have a couple thoughts.

Well isn't all therapy really just someone giving their opinion of an observation? Not making a blank statement, just asking an honest question. I have my hang ups regarding therapists and their veracity however if someone is seeing one they should continue to seek their counsel or thoughts on an issue before flying off to another view point or treatment. I'm also a firm believer that if the treatment is making you feel worse and your therapist is ignoring your concerns then that is not the right therapist for you.

Therapy is based on techniques that, hopefully, have some form of empirical evidence to back up their reliability.

my concern is if someone is just posting 'techniques they use' and they are not valid, commonly accepted beliefs in the therapuetic community, they could do far more harm than good, and the poster does not know the unique status of individuals on this site, even if the individuals claim to 'tell' the poster everything, s/he is not there to see the person in real life. Lots of therapy has to do with reading non-verbal cues.

so i have no problem with people posting what has worked for them, but if one is going to claim to be a professional they should tread very carefully when offering advice in their field, and make a disclaimer that what they say is in no way a professional opinoin. far to many people post on here claiming to be a professional, but having never treated an individual should not be making any sort of actual opinoins except for completely personal ones.

and many people on here exagerate, lie, make up symptoms, (come on we ALL do at times) and the person giving the advice does not know what is real and what is not and may give advice which could actually harm the person accepting it.

Sarah brought up a good point, however I have a couple thoughts.

Well isn't all therapy really just someone giving their opinion of an observation? Not making a blank statement, just asking an honest question. I have my hang ups regarding therapists and their veracity however if someone is seeing one they should continue to seek their counsel or thoughts on an issue before flying off to another view point or treatment. I'm also a firm believer that if the treatment is making you feel worse and your therapist is ignoring your concerns then that is not the right therapist for you.

Ask ten different people, get ten different answers .... same holds true for therapists, I've seen ten different ones and each on had a different answer. Typically the best thing is try advice ... if it works great, if not find more. Psychologists and therapists are different schools entirely, one deals with analyzing problems the other in offering helpful advice, the idea is that therapists go to school to learn a bunch of different techniques and then mixes a bit of psychology to tailor what should be best for an individual, the reality is that it's almost all opinion anyway. Being biological beings we cannot turn off out subjectiveness no matter how hard we try. The best therapists tend to be those who have traveled in the same shoes and come out on the other end relatively "better" for their experience, because then they can tell when their advice isn't working and move on. There is nothing more dangerous than someone who thinks they've solved life's problems or one who thinks they can solve other's problems either. A great litmus test for therapists is to try to spot how arrogant they are, the more sure of themselves, the less chances you have of getting any good advice. This is why therapists cannot prescribe drugs as well, only a psychologist or medical doctor can, psychologists are often more critical of the problem but less likely to offer just advice, they tend to get like me, wordy and tons of "this might be helpful".