LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tv Show Casting: Diaper Obsessed?

Hi,

I am currently helping to produce a cable television show about topics such as this. This non-exploitative documentary program would air on a major cable network and profile individuals with with hobbies that verge on obsessions. Some storylines that we have done in the past include, a excessive runner, a tanner, a shopper. I think that a member of Daily Diaper would be a great addition to the show, being that many people in America know very little about this!

If you happen to consider yourself "extreme" as far as diaper-obsession, or know someone who does, please send your name, age, city, current photo, a short description of your behavior and its impact on your life to: Casting@20west.tv You will be contacted only if the story fits the needs of the show.

Best,

20 West Casting Team

• Like 1

hmmmmm... particular request for a picture...something sounds out of place. huh.gif

Even I don't have Google mail... sounds fishy.

Asking for a picture to a tvshow sounds quite normal, my bet is that they look for somebody that can fit into the image they want to create of a person with an to the public strange behavior. Maybe they look for a fat guy with greasy hair and thick glasses because that is how they want the public to imagine such a person or maybe they want a person who looks absolutely normal nextdoor neighbor like to show that all people can have a fetish. But the google mail sounds strange, if you worked for a tv production company one would expect you to use your company email as a sort of business card to show the seriosness behind your contact

I'd be interested to know your credentials in the business before recommending anyone submit info to you. I find no industry listing for your name, nor Movie/TV credits on IMDB. My day job is in entertainment and it is rare for me to find no listings.

Additionally, any production that is specifically looking for the "extreme" or "obsessed" rarely turns out well for us.

We get these kind of posts often and they rarely turn out legit, so with respect I am going to edit out your contact info until I get more info from you.

Okay, thanks for providing the credentials. Took a look at My Strange Addiction and it gives me a better idea of how you work, so it does look more informative than exploitative. If the show on diapers gets made, I hope I can get an advance copy to check out and promote here.

Okay, thanks for providing the credentials. Took a look at My Strange Addiction and it gives me a better idea of how you work, so it does look more informative than exploitative. If the show on diapers gets made, I hope I can get an advance copy to check out and promote here.

Of course! Like I said, it's a very intriguing sub-culture! Put out the word to see if anyone you know is interested. And I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have!

No matter how honourable the intentions of the OP are, as Darkfinn said it'll just be another opportunity to be laughed at by Joe Public.

It's just my personal opinion but most TLC shows are pretty damn exploitative with an attempted veil of legitimacy. A couple of years back it was all shows about people too dumb to know what condoms are for, this year it's see how many scenarios involving 'little people' we can find, presumably next year it'll be 'look at these weird "extreme" and "obsessed" people'.

As DD said, we've all seen posts like this before. In fact, I think yours is the second in about six weeks. Of the many, only a tiny handful have made it to the screens and to the best of my knowledge, every single one has been a glorified freak show.

To the OP, best of luck finding someone as I'm sure you will. I think it'd be great to do a part of a show on this group of people. From what I get from the shows previews, it's more presenting the information, how it affects, them, their families, life’s, etc and left to the viewer to make a judgment call. I'd say it's to be expected no matter how it's presented that most people will think we're nuts but oh well, we probably are! Anyway, good luck and sorry, it's not for me.

To some of the others, what I don't get is why some people here care so much about how the person being exploited will ruin the image of the ab/dl community when nearly all or closer to 99.999%(okay maybe slightly less) of ab/dls are in the closet anyway so who flippin' cares how we're perceived. At least the community would be getting some air time to show that people like this are out there in the world and maybe it won't be such as surprise when they eventually come across one. People are always going to form their own opinions anyway regardless of how it's presented to them in a show. I mean, what do you expect a TV show to do? Sit down with the person and explain with them to the world that what we do is normal? Well here's a clue.....IT'S NOT!!!! DUH, that's why the majority are in the closet about it. It's also why this company wants to do the show. I'm not normal and I know it or everyone would be doing it. As for me becoming discovered, I don't want to be and see no benefit, not to mention I'm not very "extreme" about it anyway so the shows out for me.

Anyways, many of us will probably be intrigued enough to watch the shows other people. I know I am as I've seen the previews, and I'll probably judge what that person is doing and how "normal" I think it is or how "crazy" that person is in my opinion. I don't care who goes on the show but I think someone here is brave enough to do it and likely will. It'll only be one person’s actions and as we all know, there's about as many variations of ab/dls as there are members of the group so you're never going to find a perfect fit like a "representative" of the collection of ab/dls or a "spokesperson". Whoever gets chosen, it will still be a real person, with a real obsession to diapers. I still think the show will show it in as least a judgmental way as possible. After all, it will be a true account. Like the show Hoarders, they're real people, with real problems and sure a show may show some highlights of the action but it's not made up and after all it is called "Hoarders" for a reason. What would you rather watch, the boring stuff or the highlights or nothing? For me, the highlights so I can get my mind into what these people are really thinking, the rest is just filler, that's why it's not aired and for time constraints of course.

So good luck OP, hope you do find someone to come on the show!

Whats the pay? :whistling:

Witcha Timmy thumbsup.gif I'm available for the right price - 24/7 DL Semi-Androgynous early 50's TG who is not new to your game ;) But the last time was the last freebie- you want someone good, you gotta pay a good price+travel+per diem+limo+have a good make-up person+all the other "usuals" :lol: Otherise you'll get what you pay for :o

Bettypooh

I guess the natural one for this would have to have been Heidi Lynn, as she was rather 'extreme' but we lost her about a year or so ago :(

I being a D/L, I have my reservations about this kind of thing as well, especially the 'requirement' that the participant be of the 'extreme' nature. what defines extreme within this community??? To any unknowing outsider, we are 'extreme' because of our choice of underwear :P So if anyone does volunteer....(I am presuming they only want 1 person) they have to be some kind of representative of the community as a whole. As mentioned above though, the quest is complicated because everyone is different, and if you get 100 AB/DL's together you will get 100 different types of lifestyles and ways of how they pursue their interests etc. Not really something that just 1 person can really do or represent equitably.

I have pondered the possibility of participating in something lie this, since Angela did so many years ago....but since I wear at odd times or when ever the need / desire strikes...I wouldn't meet the qualifications anyways :P

besides, parading myself and my preferred underwear around on TV isn't really my kind of fun, the repercussions could really be horrendous....

So for myself...I will have to pass

Good luck if you do find someone though, and I hope they do a good job of representing us as a community to the viewing world..:)

qwack

Maybe this is the chance that guy wetnmessy247 have been looking for to show off his dirty laundry. Afterall he seems te be both pretty obsessed and extreme´. And I actually think it might end up chilling him down a bit once the world have seen him, especially if he is so obsessed and extreme as his writing looks like.

Maybe this is the chance that guy wetnmessy247 have been looking for to show off his dirty laundry. Afterall he seems te be both pretty obsessed and extreme´. And I actually think it might end up chilling him down a bit once the world have seen him, especially if he is so obsessed and extreme as his writing looks like.

Now see... that is exactly what I'm afraid of.

What the public doesn't realize is that 99% of AB/DLs are just average folk who happen to like diapers or regressing some. All you seem to see on TV of us are the "extremists"... people who take the lifestyle too far. It makes the rest of us seem like we are straight out of the loony bin too. Folks like "Heidi Lynn" are not representative of the average AB/DL and therefore are not the face that we should wish to present to the world. That would be like saying Timothy McVeigh is the average Redneck or Barack Obama is the average black guy. Sure, they share some characteristics with the group, but their actions differentiate them quite sharply from the rest of the flock.

Personally... I would like to see a young, fit, successful guy get on there instead of some old, overweight, hairy, gender-confused individual. It would be a fairer representation of the community as a whole.

• Like 1

I think that my usage of "extreme" or "obsessed" was taken too literally. The show is looking for ANY individual who is willing to tell their story. They don't have to consider themselves extreme in any manner. Most who appear on the show do not consider themselves extreme or obsessed at all.

Best,

20 West Casting

It all still sounds like an attempt by "outsiders" to exploit us for their own selfish gains....either for financial gain from the (artificially and temporarily boosted)ratings of an underwhelming TV show desparately seeking sensationalistic subject matter that they can "milk for all it's worth, and to hell with anybody who gets hurt over it" (meaning the members of this community), or....it's just another attempt to single us out for public ridicule & scorn. Either way, I'll have no part of this.

• Like 1

Furthermore......if these TV people are legit about "raising public awareness of this community in a positive & synpathetic light"...then they shouldn't focus on the "obsessed" members. Instead, a more balanced approach would be best. Don't just focus on any one member exclusively. Begin by presenting an overview of the community at large, starting with the most generalized explanations for why we're into diapers & age play. As they do that, they can present a member or two, who are reasonably "regular & normal" people in real life, who "just happen" to enjoy diapers for whatever pyschological reasons are offered to the audience. Then move on to taking a quick look at the more extreme members & aspects of this lifestyle, taking care to explain that they are NOT typical of the overall community at large. Above all else, it must be emphasized that....while a very small percentage of people "might" (emphasis on the word might) be genuine pedos (closet or otherwise), 99.99% of us are not, and never have been, and never will be. And that fact is not variable! Just because we enjoy imitating children does not automatically mean any of us would want to hurt children. For some damned reason, outsiders always seem to want to jump to that particular (illogical & completely senseless) conclusion. You know what they say....."Perception IS reality"...Finally, perhaps the last segement or 1/3 of the show, could be devoted to discussing people who have successfully: 1)met others in real life, and: 2)found emotional relief from associating with like-minded diaper people in here. Focus on the positive, not the negative ! Lastly, ...I still greatly fear that even if this is done, and the show is "wonderful", the general public still won't be inclined to improve their opinions of us... *sigh*...

• Like 2

To some of the others, what I don't get is why some people here care so much about how the person being exploited will ruin the image of the ab/dl community when nearly all or closer to 99.999%(okay maybe slightly less) of ab/dls are in the closet anyway so who flippin' cares how we're perceived.

Hmmm, let me think of a few.

• Because, mostly 'closeted' or not, I still care about how our community is perceived by those outside who are aware of us.

• Because most people who are open-minded enough to be realistic about ABDL are probably vaguely aware of us already, even if they don't know much.

• Because we get enough bad press already from a few perverts who try and associate with us.

• Because too many people are too damn stupid to realise there's an astronomical difference between an ABDL and a paedophile.

• Because I don't want to find myself in a conversation across the lunch table at work that goes along the lines of "Hey, did you see that weird diaper thing on TV last night?!"

• Because most (all?) of the people who have appeared on TV and come back to the community afterwards have expressed some level of regret (even HeidiLynn, IIRC?)

• Because no matter how tastefully the show is handled, the network will transform it into sensationalist bullcrap for teasers and whatnot.

Don't get me wrong, I know that I'm being cynical and perhaps a bit unfair to the OP. I'd love to see a fair, balanced and representative view of our community that isn't an embarrassment to us all on telly and if they can pull it off and TLC let it air in a fair way, then all power to them. Unfortunately, experience has told me it's not very likely to happen.

• Like 1

Furthermore......if these TV people are legit about "raising public awareness of this community in a positive & synpathetic light"...then they shouldn't focus on the "obsessed" members. Instead, a more balanced approach would be best. Don't just focus on any one member exclusively. Begin by presenting an overview of the community at large, starting with the most generalized explanations for why we're into diapers & age play. As they do that, they can present a member or two, who are reasonably "regular & normal" people in real life, who "just happen" to enjoy diapers for whatever pyschological reasons are offered to the audience. Then move on to taking a quick look at the more extreme members & aspects of this lifestyle, taking care to explain that they are NOT typical of the overall community at large. Above all else, it must be emphasized that....while a very small percentage of people "might" (emphasis on the word might) be genuine pedos (closet or otherwise), 99.99% of us are not, and never have been, and never will be. And that fact is not variable! Just because we enjoy imitating children does not automatically mean any of us would want to hurt children. For some damned reason, outsiders always seem to want to jump to that particular (illogical & completely senseless) conclusion. You know what they say....."Perception IS reality"...Finally, perhaps the last segement or 1/3 of the show, could be devoted to discussing people who have successfully: 1)met others in real life, and: 2)found emotional relief from associating with like-minded diaper people in here. Focus on the positive, not the negative ! Lastly, ...I still greatly fear that even if this is done, and the show is "wonderful", the general public still won't be inclined to improve their opinions of us... *sigh*...

I think that what they want is the guy getting caught breaking into houses stealing dirty baby diapers while wearing one himslef. They want the guy where its become a lifestyle to the extreme that no one, not even those who try really hard, will understand what goes on in that guys head because thats "good tv" that will drag thousands of viewers to the screen and watxh it after having seen teasers with the guy everyday for the last 2 weeks. That way they can sell it for high dollar and have no scruples leaving the poor mentally ill guy afterwards without a penny in his pocket because hes pretty weird anyways. The tv network will earn well on the commercials that are not only brought before the real tv show but also right after each teaser where thousands sits mesmorized thinking what on earth was that and why are they trying to sell me pampers and cheesedoodles right now

Apparently quite a few people here don't understand the reasons for any show and would like to watch the "paint drying channel" instead. Of course the shows made for ratings and to get people to watch it with teasers, what do you expect? We probably all get sucked into watching a show at times and actually probably quite often.

Too many here focusing on how negative an outcome this could be and even if it was, act as though it would somehow affect their closet diaper wearing lifestyle that hardly anyone or no one you know knows about??? Why do some here care soooo much about people giving our group a bad name when it's typically a local story that barely gets out of the town it happened in. From there, people read it, make an opinion, maybe say something about it, drop it, forget it and move on with life all in about the blink of an eye. Even if it's a 20 minute episode on tv or longer, it's not something that'll likely be the buzz of the breakroom or office for the next week. I've seen our group on Jerry Springer a few times over the years, Tyra, Trisha Goddard, Sin City (sexual reality show), in magazine articles like the couple from AZ? Anyway, quite a few and yet our group is not that widely know. People may now somewhat understand the fact that there are people out there that enjoy diapers but that's about where it ends, speaking from discusions I've had with others or heard of on tv/radio especially around the time of Lisa Nowaki. Sure, others have done shows in bad taste and don't like how things often get presented and so because shows x,y,z did it, we expect the same from the rest. To me, any sort of exposure from a TLC show is not going to be too terrible. The shows to be careful of are talk shows with audiences.

I'd think someone like Diapered Kitty or someone similar would be a good canidate.

I agree with drew i think diapered kitty has a lot of knowledge of our community .Thats if this should be done at all !.Other than that i still would think this life style (as i call it) will be taken a poor light ! :thumbsup: