LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Super Stuffed!

It's kind of like turducken:

I took a couple of older hospital-style tabbed Kotex's, snipped off the ends and pulled out the innards, discarding the Blue Shield.

I took Cruiser #1, popped the end, and stuffed it with the innards from the Kotexes.

I took Cruiser #2, popped the end, and stuffed IT with the above assembly.

I took a Depends 3-tab diaper, popped the end, and stuffed IT with that.

Mmmmmm... that feeling of bulk between my legs is quite wonderful. I made sure to have four big glasses of ice tea at lunch so I can test capacity. Ain't science grand?

(Took a bit to brush all the little dry gel crystals off my desk. Brushed 'em into the Depends for a bit extra absorption...)

Guest Wetnmessy247

Holy mother of God that's one wet diaper!!

I don't think I have ever gotten to get combos to puff out that much.

How is the waddle? I bet you can barely walk. You need to keep flooding until you leak, to test full capacity. When the dam breaks, make sure you are alone.

Holy mother of God that's one wet diaper!!

I don't think I have ever gotten to get combos to puff out that much.

How is the waddle? I bet you can barely walk. You need to keep flooding until you leak, to test full capacity. When the dam breaks, make sure you are alone.

The waddle? VERY. I walk 2.5 miles back to my apartment while the house is getting repaired. Suffice to say, I did it without the diaper. I may like to waddle, but a 2.5 mile waddle is a wee bit too much.

On Monday I'll put together another turducken diaper (I kinda like that!), put it on in the morning, and see how long I go.

Guest Wetnmessy247

The waddle? VERY. I walk 2.5 miles back to my apartment while the house is getting repaired. Suffice to say, I did it without the diaper. I may like to waddle, but a 2.5 mile waddle is a wee bit too much.

On Monday I'll put together another turducken diaper (I kinda like that!), put it on in the morning, and see how long I go.

Dude, try it for a mess capacity test!!

Unless you don't do that. If you don't, then nevermind.

• Like 1

Check out item 320536221689 on eBay... artificial "snow". This is probably the same stuff that's in the diapers. I'm thinking a fellow could mix that in with a diapers fluff to really soup things up.

DailyDi wrote about his own experiments with various consumer products which function like diaper-grade SAP.

Please also read the various reports about claims the new SAP formulation used by Pampers in their Dry Max diapers causes skin rash. The actual formulations of SAP used in quality baby and adult diapers has been extensively tested for over 20 years. Many similar products were rejected for use in making diapers by leading companies. Of course it is entirely possible that generic manufacturers cutting cost would substitute less safe SAP.

The basic concept of SAP goes back generations. "Silica Gel" has been used in packaging precision machines for decades. It is generally supplied in sewn packets that can be heated to be restored for additional uses. Do not attempt to use silica gel near your skin. It is highly irritating. Same is true of the economy-grade SAP used in firefighting. Firefighters are wearing protective garments and also carefully rinse off that material ASAP.

DailyDi wrote about his own experiments with various consumer products which function like diaper-grade SAP.

Please also read the various reports about claims the new SAP formulation used by Pampers in their Dry Max diapers causes skin rash. The actual formulations of SAP used in quality baby and adult diapers has been extensively tested for over 20 years. Many similar products were rejected for use in making diapers by leading companies. Of course it is entirely possible that generic manufacturers cutting cost would substitute less safe SAP.

The basic concept of SAP goes back generations. "Silica Gel" has been used in packaging precision machines for decades. It is generally supplied in sewn packets that can be heated to be restored for additional uses. Do not attempt to use silica gel near your skin. It is highly irritating. Same is true of the economy-grade SAP used in firefighting. Firefighters are wearing protective garments and also carefully rinse off that material ASAP.

This isn't silica gel. Totally different kettle of fish. I figure if you put this in the BOTTOM layer of my turducken diaper (I really, REALLY, like that name!) it'll be isolated from your skin by the other layers of stuff above it. This isn't a solvent...it's not going to migrate. If anything, as it gets we it will be more likely to stay in place within the "fluff" matrix. The annoyance of Silica gel is, to a great extent, caused by the crystals being very sharp (not beads like this stuff).

But, just for chuckles, I may take a couple of grams of the stuff, stick it under a band-aid, and let it sit against my arm. That should let me see what's what.

I was thinking about doing something like this with some large sized diapers I have, that are a bit to big on me, (secure Xplus and Bambinos) I originally got them because I am 'kind of' between sizes. I was considering using a pampers #7 and a bambino quattro booster inside....see how that fills them out ;)

I just need to get a pack of #7's, as I have everything else. If I do this, I'll post pics, if this thread is still up...or I can 'necro' it :P

qwack

Guest Wetnmessy247

Why not DuckTurken?

Of Chiductur?

I'm gonna Turducken one day with an Abenhuggipampkotattendbambindepends.

Taking bets for how much wet it holds!!

I was thinking about doing something like this with some large sized diapers I have, that are a bit to big on me, (secure Xplus and Bambinos) I originally got them because I am 'kind of' between sizes. I was considering using a pampers #7 and a bambino quattro booster inside....see how that fills them out ;)

I just need to get a pack of #7's, as I have everything else. If I do this, I'll post pics, if this thread is still up...or I can 'necro' it :P

qwack

Instead of the Pampers 7, try the Pampers 6 Dry Max. I perfer those and have had no problems with the Dry Max SAP.

Instead of the Pampers 7, try the Pampers 6 Dry Max. I perfer those and have had no problems with the Dry Max SAP.

I''ve used the Tena pads (the 'supers' that are like "granny doesn't think she needs diapers" thick) and it certainly adds to the bulk in a Bambino for sure.

Whats the difference between the pampers 6 and 7?? Doesn't the 7 have the drymax also?? I thought it applied to the whole cruisers line... :huh:

Whats the difference between the pampers 6 and 7?? Doesn't the 7 have the drymax also?? I thought it applied to the whole cruisers line... :huh:

Pampers says they have converted all Swadlers and Cruisers to Dry Max. However, apparently sales of Size 7 in stores are so slow if I do see a pack of Size 7 they are the older non-DryMax style.

As we have discussed, the core of Cruisers Sizes 6 and 7 are virtually the same. The difference is that Size 7 are longer to better fit taller kids. As a matter of face, Cruisers Size 5 have almost the same capacity as the larger sizes. So for use as a stuffer, I suggest using the easier to find Size 5 or Size 6.

Personally I use 2 Cruisers Size 3 in my bed diapers. Those consist of a single 2-ply 36" square ACD gauze pinned diaper. Inside I put one Size 3 on the outside of a normal Gerber baby Birdseye prefold. The second Size 3 goes on the inside so my diaper area is in contact with the Cruiser. This way I have the same type of disposable against my skin all day long. As my slip-in disposable pads I use Size 4 Cruisers since the Size 3 is just small enough if one were to slip I might wet beyond it. This has never been a problem with a Size 4. On my petite body a Size 5 is too large to be comfy as a slip-in, yet none of the Cruisers are nearly large enough I can wear them conventionally.

Sure that is a bummer, but for me the Attends Breathable Small fit fine. None of the other brands of cloth-like adult smalls available in the USA fit me as well as do the Attends. I also fit into the Attends Youth very well, but those are poly-plastic with sticky tapes.

During our expedition to Australia last November and December I wore Tena Slips which I bought at stores there. They fit me okay.

Personally I use 2 Cruisers Size 3 in my bed diapers. Those consist of a single 2-ply 36" square ACD gauze pinned diaper. Inside I put one Size 3 on the outside of a normal Gerber baby Birdseye prefold. The second Size 3 goes on the inside so my diaper area is in contact with the Cruiser. This way I have the same type of disposable against my skin all day long.

Wow...Angela! I thought you just wore all cloth to bed. I will have to give this a try tonight when I put a cloth diaper on. Do you also cut down your size 3's in to just a pad? Also, what kind of method do you use to fold your square diapers. Do you have a site that you can show use which method you use? Thanks Angela!

Currently trying a setup with around 2 teaspoons of the crystals sprinkled into the Kotex layer of the assembly.

------ 2:30 PM Experiment Halted -----------

I could have kept going, but I have to pack for a trip tomorrow and the diaper was just too darn big to waddle around in and get anything done! I'll do an all-day test next week.

post-24086-12754207596406_thumb.jpg

(Click to enlarge.)

Here's where we ended up at!

PS... It's a LONG flight, and I think I'll probably be in a middle seat, so it's diapers for the plane tomorrow!

post-24086-12754207596406_thumb.jpg

Angela, SAP and Silica Gel are two somewhat similar, but overall very different things. SAP is a "bead-like" polymer, and modern diaper-grade SAP can actually be composted and will bio-degrade over time. In contrast, Silica Gel is a sharp crystal-like substance that's placed in packets, in part to avoid contact with skin because, as you've already noted, it's incredibly irritating, in part because the crystals are sharp. Silica Gel is often used in the packaging of shoes and small electronic devices. For example, any new hard drive will usually come with a packet of Silica Gel. Silica Gel packets are used to ensure that these products stay dry during shipping. Silica Gel always comes with warnings to avoid contact with one's skin; most packages also tell you not to eat it, (well duh!) and to throw the packets away. I personally hang onto them because I often find myself storing electronic items, and rather than purchase new packets of silica gel, I'll just take one of the old ones that I have, toss it in the static-proof bag, and seal said device in said bag. If I sell it, that's how it'll be shipped, if I'm repairing something and I use the part, I'll keep the bag with the gel in it for another part. (My "hobby money" generally comes from repair computers on the side of my primary work.)