LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Guide To Quitting Diapers

I'm aware I posted this as a blog so please don't bother telling me. This is just my two cents on the things I believe are helping me quit wearing diapers. I know there aren't many on this site who want to quit but if this helps one person its worth my time to write. I'm aware this may not be how someone else would but it's my own way.

Prerequisite:

- Make sure quitting is your decision, if it's not then it won't ever stick.

- Also if you don't have control over your bladder or bowl you may want to gain that control back. Lest you wet your pants or make a stinky.

Step 1:

- Get rid of all your diapers. Wear them, wet them, mess them, do whatever you want just get them out of where you live. It may just seem like a purge but you're in it for the long hall so even one diaper could ruin your chances.

Step 2:

- Try to avoid things that make you think of diapers as much as you can. Even going near the diapers in the store could end in disaster. It's rather hard, I've nearly bought some more than once but if you're invested in this then will power should hopefully get you through.

Step 3:

- If anyone knows you wear diapers make them aware you're trying to quit so that they can support you during this hard time. Habits can be broken if you try hard enough.

Step 4:

- Find things to do instead of wearing diapers. Video games, movies, time with those you love. I know all of this can be done diapered but it can be easier if you have something to keep your mind off wanting a nice soft diaper to wet, mess, or just enjoy.

Step 5:

- Will power. A lot of this is just plan will power forcing yourself to not think about it.

That's basically it, I know it's not really helpful but it's how I've been trying to quit. I haven't worn a diaper in over a month as of writing this. I personally wore for a way to relax and unwind. I've just been finding other ways to pass my time instead of putting on a GoodNite and wetting myself. There are other ways to re-leave stress. This is not easy and I knew it wasn't going to be. I wore diapers on and off for almost eight years so to go cold turkey isn't fun but every point I made above helps. So if you have no intention of quitting then don't bother posting your thoughts on here unless they're supportive. I'd be willing to become part of a support network for anyone who wants to quit. Just email me and we can talk about the struggle it is.

• Like 2

Now... in my opinion... I severely dislike how you make diapers sound like an addiction, and that it's not a good thing... <_<

On the other hand, there are a plethora of things I would prefer not to accept about myself. And if I could eliminate what I consider the negatives from my personality, I'd be a happier person. (Diapers is not included in that, for me. But I'm sure it is for someone.)

So, I guess what I'm saying... is I begrudgingly congratulate you for taking your time to make this. :P

I think it will help at least one person, so your mission is accomplished.

However, it also might give the wrong idea of a "cure" to people coming to this site to find support for a loved one...

-Sophie

• Like 2

Quitting something that is a memory trigger leaves the mind searching for a substitute. Yes, it is possible to quit diapers, but are you ready to accept the alternative, and believe me, an alternative WILL be created.

The psychological research on why one choses an interest/fetish has found that everyone links back to trying to recapture either a moment in time or more correctly, a feeling of safety, security and protection. Infantilism is a compromise, as is all known fetishisms. The safest place we ever were was in the womb, and we spend all our lives trying to get back in. It is our own internal drive that forces us to mature, and our logic that realizes - even before we can remember - that the womb is an unattainable goal. Some people try drink and/or drugs to try and recreate the feelings, but fail. As a result, we settle for the next best thing. The actual item is only the memory trigger for the feeling. (Feet / Latex / Diapers etc).

To those who state that they wish to quit diapers, I wish them success and luck, but I have reservations - reservations to what the replacement will be.

• Like 2

I actually do feel like diapers are an addiction in many ways. I'm not too concerned about the labels here but think about it, diaper wearing for many of us fits much of the criteria for an addiction. You have to do it and can't stop yourself. If it wasn't an addiction than we could all just stop at the drop of a hat, but most can't do that. Many of us want to and can't and because of that, we are addicted. Maybe not everyone, everyones too inclusive of a word but I'd say most at least.

Anyway, I'll add one more piece of advice about "replacing" this fetish/addiction. Try replacing your diapers with some sexy or attractive underwear. Yes, may seem silly but especially for the ladies you can find some pretty cool underwear to wear to replace your diapers and spend your money there. You may be able to feel similar to the way you feel about your diaper when you think about your underwear you have on.

Just my two cents.

I'm not addicted....

I can go my whole life without diapers. I'm not going to go through withdrawal or anything. I do it because it's in budget, it isn't hazardous to my health or the safety of others, and it makes me happy. There's nothing else in my criteria for doing something other than the things I just listed...

-Sophie

Tell a chocolate lover to quit eating chocolate,

Tell a nail biter to quit biting their nails,

Tell a fashion shopper to quit shopping.

All unharmful to their health as long as your not over indulging in the chocolate, not causing physical harm to your body or can afford the items you buy, but these are all forms of an addiction. Shopaholic, chocoholic, to name a few.

I've heard smokers even say they aren't addicted to cigarettes, they just like to smoke but could stop at anytime. Would you believe them? My friend said that forever and when she finally decided to stop, it took years to get to the point where it's only a couple or less a week but still has not fully quit. She even said it was difficult to stop even though she wanted to. I think you'd find yourself in the same boat if you tried to quit diapers, it'd be a lot more difficult than you think.

You can call it whatever you want Sophie, I don't really care but remember, the first sign of an addiction is denial you have one!!! :P

To the OP, have you ever taken your own advice, just curious and what were the results?

• Like 1

I say this with all due respect and not trying to be critical

- Try to avoid things that make you think of diapers as much as you can.

so is being anywhere near this site helping your cause? My level of wearing varies, I can sometimes go months with out wearing and other times I can wear very frequently. I am not diapered far more than I actually do wear them, but they are always on my mind I might be in a dry spell but still am on various sites online, daily. I also have been doing many years longer than you. I just think if you want to completely clear you mind of diapers, posting to a diaper site is not constructive. I don't know you history, if you got into diapers for stress relief as a teen or adult I think it could be possible to quit if that's what you really want. If like me you have been into diapers pretty much since potty training I don't think it is possible to make it go away. If you really want to quit, I think posting /reading stuff here, even if it is in an anti diaper light is not helpful, not to mention your avatar. I am not trying to run you off, quite the opposite. Maybe I could have been more proactive about quitting when I was younger. Anyway I bid you luck in your qwest.

I laughed a lot at the naivete of the OP. I mean, not to be too harsh or anything, but it's a delightfully youthful piece in both it's aim and way of measuring success toward those goals. A whole month? Sonny, in just another year or two you'll notice those things dropping off the calendar like weeks. Not only that, but I'll let you in on a secret, I often go months without wearing diapers simply because I don't get the urge. I don't even try! Can you imagine that? It just happens sometimes. I honestly get my fill of them and focus on other stuff for a bit.

Not only that, but what's worse? Living with the repressed urge to acquire and wear diapers or just wearing them? The former seems a lot more torturous to me. Think of it like this, diapers can either own a small portion of your private time that you have set aside for them, or they can own your entire life as you get eat up with the struggle to deny them. Just keep things in their place, it's not all that hard once you get out and get your own place.

I dunno, I understand that you are young and ashamed and think that this is a huge deal. But, the fact of the matter is that it's really not. There are probably a hundred worse things you could do and everybody around you would still love you.

• Like 4

Well, this is a prime example of another post elsewhere regarding 'necroed' posts. If the Op had actually spent some time and effort looking around the site he would have found other related posts to this one. I know because I responded to them as well :P

But here we have another "quitting diapers" post, with basically the same responses.

And walla is correct in pointing out the naivete' of the OP. He's young and idealistic, which isn't a crime, but again, he should have done some homework.

Firstly, for the majority of us, this diaper 'thing' is part of our programming, we are hardwired this way, and...well for me anyways, its part of my sex drive (what I have of it :blush: ) It could be construed as a 'bad habit' but it's not. Quitting isn't just something you just 'do' with something like this, and it is different for everyone, so there is no 'blanket' solution that applies to everyone as well. This 'might' work for a D/L who is only concern and attraction is diapers, but what about A/B's where diapers are just one part of the whole psychology of their desires and inner child? They have to give up bottles and pasis and stuffed aminals and blankie sand the whoe ball of wax.

Others wear for other reasons, be it that they just like to, or get off sexually, or find them convenient.

Also, the thought of fighting the impulse, and 'avoiding' things that might be a trigger. well, ok, we are supposed to avoid seeing small children that are in diapers?? They are all around us...everywhere, so goo luck with that. Avoiding diaper commercials on TV...have fun....shopping and bypassing the 'diaper isle', it's doable but still stressful. I find the thought of having to tell myself, "I can't think those thoughts" "don't look at that" "Diapers are bad" Etc, just silly. As walla said, giving in to a harmless urge to satisfy it is far more beneficial than constantly battling with yourself in fighting it. I mean if you want to try, more power to you, but really....many many many of us have been down that road of denial, and found it goes nowhere , and causes a lot of unnecessary stress and unhappiness.

For me, I wear when I need to or the mood strikes me.Sometimes I go for months with out, and then wear for a week or so. It comes in cycles and I guess it is responding to stress or what not. I decide, and I choose, 'I' control it, and choose, it does NOT control me. I and many others have found that managing our....'interests' is far better then fighting it.

Its kind of like fighting your own skin color....and we see where that went with Michael Jackson!

I thought I would chime in with my thoughts and experience, I'm over 50, and have been a D/L since I was about 6, so I believe that 44 years of struggling with this, and finally accepting it as part of who I am might (hopefully) count for something.

qwack

I have read many of your posts blackout and it always seems like you are struggling with this life style .Your in your out etc ! I have tried to quit since the early 80's with no luck and yes i have been able to go months at a time ! But in the end the urges always came back .Now i accept who i am and this life style;and wear almost everyday .PS i also tried to quit for my x wife just made it worse good luck my friend sinceraly :thumbsup:

Someone is a little obsessed I see.

Sex can be addicting. Sexuality can be addicting. Diapers are not.

If you find diapers to be addicting to the extent that crackheads need crack, consult a psychologist stat.

Can i ask your reasons for trying to give them up?

Not judging just curious. I wish everyone the best with who they want to be.

Because I don't like who I am when I wear. I just don't like the feeling anymore. Someone not something filled that void and even though she supported my interest I just don't have a need for them in my life anymore.

To the rest of you. Glad to see your all up in arms over something I said was my own two cents, seems as though you all can't stand the thought that someone would want to grow up and move on with their lives because they didn't like the person they were. This was only my own thoughts to someone else who might be looking for help on trying to quit. How about everyone pull their diapers out of their ass and relax.

Guest JS1989

I am addicted, not nearly as strong as a drug addiction but I couldn't easly stop. I think you can quit but there will always be a part of you that will still want to wear them. Diapers are a part of us and we should learn to be comfrontable with who we are, and reily there are a lot of worse things out there. In my oppion diapers are part of who we are and if are girl/boyfriends can't accept it it is time to get a new one. Just my two-cents, Blackout goodluck with trying to quit, I'm just saying you'll be a lot happier if you accept diapers as a part of you.

You know, I've talked to a lot of AB/DLs over the years and many of them really don't really see diapers as addictive. To them, it's more like an accessory that they can live with or live without. A lot of these people have real-life priorities in the real world, which require more attention than just buying diapers, wetting and messing them. I'm a little disappointed with the OP because he posts under the notion that diapers are somehow analogous to addictive substances that people constantly need. Diapers are really a wanted desire more than a need. Diapers only become a need when people actually need them for medical purposes. For example, sometimes, I need them because I have IBS and I don't want to let it take control over my life, but not everyone here is on the same boat as I am.

square_duck talked about how people are "hardwired" to wear diapers. When diapers become a big part of your life -- and you enjoy it -- that's not an addiction. I think that people who are hardwired are also aware that diapers aren't a true necessity in that they need them to survive or to feel good at any given time.

If you are addicted to diapers, then you need to consult a psychologist. An addiction is usually not very pleasurable. When it comes to addiction, the need triumphs over the desire -- and that desire, while it won't exactly hurt you if you take care of your personal hygiene and social considerations, it's a very costly addiction. Purchasing a bag of diapers is actually more expensive than buying a pack of cigarettes and if you go through bags all the time out of need and not desire, you're wasting a lot of money, which could be spent on much better things.

Addiction implies to something that runs your life, all you do is think about it and it takes over you so you can't concentrate on other things, if that is the case then yes, seek treatment. But for those of us that have diapers as just one more element of our life then there is nothing wrong with it. I have been a diaper lover for as long as I can remember, since age 4. I"m now in my 30's and the love I have for them is not going away, I've accepted that. I go to work every day do my job, come home put a diaper on and go to bed, get up take the diaper off and do other things like play basketball, take my dog for walks and other activities. Diapers are just another element in my life, not all of it. I'm never going to quit, I am happier since I have accepted this element of my life.

anything can be addicting, not just physically but psychologically as well....

however, that does not mean everyone is addicted to diapers. Me, i dont even find diapers themselves a turn on, they are just a prop in a role play... so i dont think i have anything to give up.

Because I don't like who I am when I wear. I just don't like the feeling anymore. Someone not something filled that void and even though she supported my interest I just don't have a need for them in my life anymore.

I'm glad you found someone who can make you feel this way. If I were you, I'd probably not outright get rid of the diapers until the flame is gone and has been for months or even a year. Just seal them away. When the thought of diapers really has as less pull than regular clothes, then maybe you could get rid of them. When getting rid of them really represents zero stress, zero anxiety, no need for steps or a guide, then is the right time.

• Like 1
Guest Wetnmessy247

The best way to quit is cold turkey. Not only cold turkey. But what I call cold turkey conscious shock.

That is, take all your diapers and wipes and toys and bottles and bibs and cribs and plushies and everything diaper related, put them all in one thing, and get rid of them all in one go.

THEN, this is where the shock part comes in, live your life as if it never even happened. The ABDL. Just let go and move on.

If you trained incontinent, there might be a slight problem. Just stay in doors for the period of time you will find yourslef having messy accidents or wet accidents. Retrain yourslef.

Then bam!!!!

You are now normal again.

I said it. None of us are normal. We are all freaks in our own little diapered ways.

• Like 1

I have always liked to wear diapers and don't plan to quit.

I became disabled with fibromyalgia, sarcoidosis and neuropathy in 2003 and now wear 24/7 because of some of the symptoms like frequent urination, bladder urgency and bladder spasms i have from these disorders.

I sure is handy to just let go when these problems happen instead of having to find a bathroom.

Because for me wearing a diaper is also a fun stress reducer it helps reduce the stress of being disabled with these disorders.

My feeling is if diapers are no longer fun then its time to quit but if you still like them why quit.

If you believe its wrong for a healthy adult(not incontinent) to wear a diaper for there own reasons then you need to consult a psychologist to find out why you have these feeling.

I believe its not a problem if someone wants to wear a diaper its anyone that believes that adults should not wear diapers that has the problem and needs need to consult a psychologist.

This is another reason, right here. This community is often the most judgemental people I've ever met in my life. I just honestly don't want this to be part of me anymore. And whoever called me youthful you're three years older shut the hell up. I just am so sick of everyone on here telling me how I feel, what I think and applying things that may be how they feel to my situation. The reason I posted this was so that maybe, just maybe, someone would reach out and say they too wanted this to not be in their lives anymore. All of you can have your diaper parties, wet and mess 'til your bowls explode. I. Don't. Care. This was simply meant to be an aid to someone who wanted it not a board for you all to bash how I feel and the fact that for the first time in my life someone was okay with me doing this. However, I no longer want to and I wanted to be supportive to anyone else who had the same desire I do. To leave diapers to babies. Then again I guess it's fitting, one person wants to leave and it's what you all start acting like. I'll be watching this post as I'm sure it's going to explode with this remark or get totally ignored but this is the last time I'll be posting on this site. I honestly don't care what you all think it just really pisses me off that as soon as someone genuenly wants to leave your little diaper club you're all up in arms about it. So screw all of you, you've made it that much easier to want to quit, I have no desire to be associated with the likes of all of you.

• Like 1