LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Walmart Experience

So for the past 3 months I have been living with my parents due to my not having a job. During that time I have not been able to wear diapers.

Anyway my parents left for a 6 week vacation to Italy and Greece, so I go down to Walmart to pick up some Depend Fitted Maximum Protection (could they have come up with a longer name??!)

My preferred diaper combination has been Depend with a Depend Boost. That combination has always worked very well for me. Never had a leaking problem, they are easy to get and are relatively cheap.

Of course Depend Boost are no longer made (Grrr) so I needed to find an alternative. I asked on here about alternative boost pads that I might find at a place like Walmart. It seems that there aren’t really any but it was suggested http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=21962

that I buy some guards and cut slits in the backing. That is exactly what I did. I found some light\medium pads called options made by assurance (Walmart’s brand). So far it has been working great! One question though for you who use stuffers etc... How many slits do you cut in the backing. I have just been making random little holes. It is working so far but maybe I am just getting lucky. Any advice would be welcome and appreciated (also what do you use to cut the slits. I have been using a knife but the sticky backing gunks up the blade.)

Part two of the story starts when I get to the checkout line. All I have is the four packs of diapers and four packs of the options guards.

I have never really had a problem buying before I get butterflies now and then but nothing bad. And I have never had a cashier say anything. They just ring it up and thats that, until....

I put the diapers on the checkout and the cashier asks me if I want them in a bag and I say yes. Then she notices that the bags have handles and says oh that’s nice that they have handles it makes them easy to carry. Then she says you must be getting these for your grandma and I say yes she says thats nice of you old people don’t really like coming into the stores and shopping and it’s hard for them to even get here sometimes. Then she makes a comment that it won’t be long before she needs them.

I am sort of regretting that my response to her when she asked “are they for your grandma

I was laughing at this post, because I was once in a pharmacy buying plastic pants and the lady asked me if they were for me and I shook my head to say no and my mouth said yes, the lady just looked and said I think these would fit you better than the size you asked for. I reckon they would not have neede heating on in that shop for an hour from the heat from my face, but she was nice and polite to me.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Dude I get asked every so often. I mean, it is kind of obvious when I shop since I fill the cart full of baby stuff and adult diapers.

Once a cashier asked slowly: "Um...are these for....someone?"

I said : "Nope they are for me. I have trained myself to be dependant on diapers. I am fully wet now, and slightly messed."

She looked like WTF????

Guy behind me chuckled a bit. Oh well.

That's because you're in a "too much information" situation. It's an odd thing to say, and possibly a bit offensive. If you shorten that to something like "no, they're for me" and leave it at that, then you're likely not to get such a response.

• Like 1

Dude I get asked every so often. I mean, it is kind of obvious when I shop since I fill the cart full of baby stuff and adult diapers.

I said : "Nope they are for me. I have trained myself to be dependant on diapers. I am fully wet now, and slightly messed."

She looked like WTF????

Wow...I'd probably throw up if you said that to me. TMI. Truly disgusting.

• Like 3

I really dont' get the big deal about getting 'caught' while shopping...

Wetnmessy247 I really am starting to get fed up with your comments about how you act in public. i'm wondering why the staff are actully letting you to continue to post like that.

I actully find myself wondering if I should leave because of posts like that.

• Like 3

I had a cold or sinus problem about 2 months ago and it got to the point where I was getting up every 30 to 40 minutes all night long to pee. I finally went to Wallgreens about 6:30am and ask the pharmacist what she recomended for the sinus pain and congestion. I told her I was getting up about every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom and was about ready to get some adult diapers so I could get some sleep! Man, if looks could kill! She asked me if I had taken anything and I told her I took some cold medicine and what kind I had taken the night before. It turns out that what I took increases urination so she recomended a sinus medicine that wouldn't increase the need to go. I told her, "I guess I can skip the diapers then!" I think at that point she realized I was just joking all along and not really serious about getting diapers to wear. Little did she really know!

I had a cold or sinus problem about 2 months ago and it got to the point where I was getting up every 30 to 40 minutes all night long to pee. I finally went to Wallgreens about 6:30am and ask the pharmacist what she recomended for the sinus pain and congestion. I told her I was getting up about every 30 minutes to go to the bathroom and was about ready to get some adult diapers so I could get some sleep! Man, if looks could kill! She asked me if I had taken anything and I told her I took some cold medicine and what kind I had taken the night before. It turns out that what I took increases urination so she recomended a sinus medicine that wouldn't increase the need to go. I told her, "I guess I can skip the diapers then!" I think at that point she realized I was just joking all along and not really serious about getting diapers to wear. Little did she really know!

Just curious, what medication did you take to increase urination? If over the counter, I'm always suffering from some sort of sniffle and the added benefit of frequent urination would be a relief, pun intended.

metnmessy if you did say that.......which I doubt but if you did.....wtf! Really?! Really dude? Like we dont get bad press as it is you gotta go and be a douche tart like that?!

your bordering on extremely unhealthy man. Your starting to seem like the type of weirdo that can only talk about diapers and your condition. You are obsessed! Its not good.

take your signature for instance.

your bucket list? Your goal is to take a dump at a funeral?!

just places you want to take a dump.....

there is something wrong with that.

I know I believe in being yourself but.....

this is unhealthy. You need to really think about this.

• Like 5

I'm thinking of the word, "troll."

Word of advice: never discuss your bladder and bowel movements in public. People don't need to know. They don't want to know, and more importantly, what's in your pants is your own business.

• Like 2

Just curious, what medication did you take to increase urination? If over the counter, I'm always suffering from some sort of sniffle and the added benefit of frequent urination would be a relief, pun intended.

Some allergy/sinus medicines do this, as they tend to dry you out more. I've noticed it with Dollar General Allergy. It also depends on how much water you drink. If you drink more with the medication trying to keep the water out of your system, you'll be peeing just about every 30 minutes or so. If you don't drink as much and use something like hard candy, instead, to keep from getting cottonmouth, you won't notice much difference. I often do that at work, so's I won't have to keep excusing myself every time we run in a couple lengths of pipe...

I believe it was the Wallgreens version of Robitussen. The pharmacist stated that it was the decongestent in the medicine that caused increased urination. She recommended a sinus medication that didn't have a decongestant because my problem at that point was sinus pain. I'd say if your unsure, ask the pahrmacist if decongestant medication will cause you to urinate more often. Ask them what it is in the medicine that causes that. Then when you look for over the counter medicine in the future you can look on the lable for that active ingrediant. Naturally, I don't suggest taking any medicine you don't actually need just to make you pee more, but if you have congestion and need to take something anyway, well, there you have it.

A few months ago I was sick all day with a cold and was peeing so much I just stayed in bed in diapers changing them when they got too wet. Several changes that day and now I have an idea why I was wetting so much and so often. Of course, drinking a lot of juice to keep hydrated didn't help in keeping my diapers dry, either!

I'm thinking of the word, "troll."

Word of advice: never discuss your bladder and bowel movements in public. People don't need to know. They don't want to know, and more importantly, what's in your pants is your own business.

Yeah, I'm starting to think he's just trolling.

Anyway: My local Walmart is too far away to be a viable diaper supplier for me. I would have to use London Drugs (Western Canadian store), they also have a huge selection.

p.s. walmart diaps are terrible.

They are too thin and leak easily.

Sams club used to have decent quality but they

turned to cloth and now sell the same type as

walgreens.

Walgreens diaps suck too.

if your going to buy diaps. buy them online.

dont have a credit or debit card?

you can go to a cvs or rite aid and buy a giftcard

put a sum of money on it and use that.

also.....money order.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Just for yall, this happened today:

"Uh sir I think you stepped in some dog poop."

And instead of saying I was in a messed diaper, I pretended to look at the bottom of my shoe nd said: "Dammit. Spike's gonna have to start staying outside."

Just for yall.

Kudos.

Robetussin and decongestent meds like it can increase urination. Which means they can also screw with your sodium and potassium levels, so be very careful. I've been admitted to the hospital for dangerously low levels of both and it's not fun. Also, one other piece of advice- as someone who has a medical condition that requires me to take diuretics daily, it's really easy to forget about the already present effects of those and combined with some liberal dosing of an OTC med with increased uriniation as a side effect, land in the hospital due to various electrolyte imbalances. Coming to as a stranger is inserting a cathether into you is SO not fun.

Ok I'm done being a buzzkill for the night

She looked like WTF????

Didn't you say previously that you were going to keep tales of your "exploits" in the Stinky Squishy and Proud section?

None of us want to read more of your bullshit.

• Like 2

Robetussin and decongestent meds like it can increase urination. Which means they can also screw with your sodium and potassium levels, so be very careful. I've been admitted to the hospital for dangerously low levels of both and it's not fun. Also, one other piece of advice- as someone who has a medical condition that requires me to take diuretics daily, it's really easy to forget about the already present effects of those and combined with some liberal dosing of an OTC med with increased uriniation as a side effect, land in the hospital due to various electrolyte imbalances. Coming to as a stranger is inserting a cathether into you is SO not fun.

Ok I'm done being a buzzkill for the night

Thanks for the information. In case anyone got the wrong idea, I very seldom take any medicine at all, and then when I do it's only when I'm sick enough that I feel I need some help getting over whatever it is I have. I don't advocate anyone taking medicine recreationaly or doing drugs and stuff like that. On the other hand, when you really are sick and need to take something for it, well, sometimes you have to take medicine. Just be aware of what you take, take the proper dosage and don't mix medicine unless you have talked to a doctor or pharmacist to see if there will be any side affects. One of the things I drink when I take cold medicine to keep hydrated is Gatoraid. That was something a pharmacist told me was better than grapefruit or orange juice. I can see why now since it replaces electrolites and has potassium in it.

I bought diaper wipes at the Walmart that I work at and the cashier didn't give me any problems, and that is with her knowing who I am. Then at the near by Ingles my training coordinator saw me diaper wipes and assorted stuff. Though he probably forgot about it a while ago. Hmm I wonder what they would say if I bought diapers and said they were for me. Thought I will not because of Bambinos and the crappy quality store diapers.

Didn't you say previously that you were going to keep tales of your "exploits" in the Stinky Squishy and Proud section?

I would rather he not post them there either. No one wants to read his stuff anywhere.

I bought diaper wipes at the Walmart that I work at and the cashier didn't give me any problems, and that is with her knowing who I am.  Then at the near by Ingles my training coordinator saw me diaper wipes and assorted stuff.  Though he probably forgot about it a while ago.  Hmm I wonder what they would say if I bought diapers and said they were for me.  Thought I will not because of Bambinos and the crappy quality store diapers.

That's awfully risky. I wouldn't buy anything personal from a store I worked at.

My thoughts exactly.

24/7: go troll somewhere else

I've bought my wipe warmer and a box of Luvs 6s from my walmart--both times I've chatted with the cashiers in the breakroom. Neither have yet commented.

At other stores, I just say it's for my 3 1/2 year old cousin Mischa :P hehe

Being as I work at Walmart, I am not going to go out of my way to go somewhere else just to purchase the things that I need. Furthermore, I get a 10% discount for being an employee. Most of the time, my cashiers never say a word to me, though on occassion they do.

The last time I purchased baby stuff from Walmart, it was some toddler spoons (for my mouth since I had my wisdom teeth taken out) along with some wipes and powder since I was almost out. My cashier looked at me and was like "Oh, I didn't know you had a little one at home!" Well that led to an awkward explanation that I didn't and that I was buying them for a baby shower. I was not savvy enough to say what Mischa would have tell them I did have a little at home (but referring to myself). And I have been asked a couple times if I was pregnant. All that being said, I don't buy diapers of any kind at Walmart as all of those I order online.

I pretty much use the baby shower excuse whenever someone asks and it hasn't failed me yet. :P