LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Looking For Suggestions

Just recently I revealed to my psychiatrist about my deep, dark secret; obviously since i'm on this site you can guess what that secret is. I am trying to think of really normal things I could call AB/DL that wouldn't sound embarassing. I am a VERY shy person and had trouble revealing my secret; I need a word that is really simple and catchy for the conversations I have with my psychiatrist.

So! I am calling upon you, the dailydiapers community, to help me!

What do you think would be a good word for it?

Guest refridginator

alright, well welcome here :) you're among alot of others like you.

well, straight to the point, call it a fetish or compulsion or even interest. your psych isn't going to care, you're just another patient to them. and ANYTHING you say is confidential, they will never share it.

how about.. i have a fetish that involves diapers... simple, and sorta sums it up....

or if you don't feel its a fetish... wearing diapers helps me relax... and voila..

sorta like saying "i have a fetish that involves bondage" or "reading bad romance novels helps me relax"

trust me they are a shrink.... wearing diapers is probably one of the least harmful activities they've heard a patient afraid to inform them of enjoying

• Like 1
Guest refridginator

how about.. i have a fetish that involves diapers... simple, and sorta sums it up....

or if you don't feel its a fetish... wearing diapers helps me relax... and voila..

sorta like saying "i have a fetish that involves bondage" or "reading bad romance novels helps me relax"

trust me they are a shrink.... wearing diapers is probably one of the least harmful activities they've heard a patient afraid to inform them of enjoying

exactly.

Then you should start singing Lady GaGa to your therapist. He/she would understand.

Just recently I revealed to my psychiatrist about my deep, dark secret; obviously since i'm on this site you can guess what that secret is. I am trying to think of really normal things I could call AB/DL that wouldn't sound embarassing. I am a VERY shy person and had trouble revealing my secret; I need a word that is really simple and catchy for the conversations I have with my psychiatrist.

Actually I have no idea what your secret is. I consider adult baby and diaper lover play to be light, fun and exciting. Certainly nothing deep and dark.

It's all about how you look at it. Present it as something that is harmless and something that makes you happy. How can that be dark? Or if you must, present is as a vice. "You know how some people like to hit the bar after a hard day to relax? My way to relax is to regress a bit and enjoy a simpler time"... sort of thing.

I would suggest that you write it down.

Keep it short and write down now what you like, ex. "I like wearing and using my diapers and I like to act like a baby or child."

Start you next session by saying you are very nervous and maybe embarrassed so I wrote it down.

Hope it works for you,

Phil

• Like 1

DD / Mike has listed one way of broaching the subject. Another would be 'at times, I like to try and relive my childhood'

As others have said here, a psychiatrist will listen to you, and not repeat anything s/he hears. The job of a psychiatrist is to try and help you intermingle within society, and to do this, will help you focus on what is needed to be done. There is NOT a cure that can be given, since a mental issue can not be cured. However, it will be dealt with, and due to the simple fact that you are aware of the issues means that you can handle it.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm sure that your Psych has heard far stranger shit than wearing diapers. Most of them take the Hippocratic Oath pretty seriously; chances are they won't be spilling your secret to anyone unless you admit to something illegal they have to report to authorities. Last time I checked, diapers != illegal

call it your "thing" your "schtick" or "how you roll"

like "bitch you know how I roll!"

haha

dude.....

the best thing to call it is what it is.

its an interest.

its a lifestyle.

its a fetish.

maybe you just need to work on saying what it really is so that you wont be so ashamed of it.

Cause its nothing to be ashamed of. This is just apart of the many unique qualities you hold.

I personally think you should be proud of it. Other people like your style in music, other people

have the same hairdo other people hold some of the same interests you do but THEY dont wear

your style of underwear.....and so that makes you special.

stop calling it a deep dark secret and guess what?! It wont be one anymore!

I wish you luck!

Wow nobody gave my first comment a negative score? It seems the tight a***es have disappeared as of late.

For the op, Psychiatrists deal with a whole allotment of crazy things so your diaper fetish is going to read pretty small on their radar. Relax and if you feel the need to tell them, just do it.

i thought it was a good idea, maybe not saying yo want to harm someone.. but maybe start off with like "the only way i can have an orgasm is if a live animal is watching me... oh yeah and sometimes i like to wear diapers" i wonder which issue they would address first!!!!!

WOW! I didn't think I would get so many replies!

I thank all of you for giving your input, and I didn't let any of your input go in one ear and out the other (or if you want to get specific in both eyes then just got kinda lost...)

My next appointment isn't for a few more weeks so having some more input from people would be fantastic!

+1 for writing it down. It's easier to do because it depersonalises it a bit. I wrote some stuff down for a shrink I used to see and it was a much better way. You also get the chance to write it in advance and refine it as the appointment approaches, whereas you only really get one shot if you do it verbally.

Be prepared though, a lot of shrinks are likely to take on board what you've said and then come back with something like "I'm not trained to handle this subject." Maybe you've got a really great shrink but unfortunately and ironically, I found that most will strongly resist broaching subjects that are out of their own comfort zones...

Wow nobody gave my first comment a negative score? It seems the tight a***es have disappeared as of late.

I tend to disagree. I got a -1 rep from my post? This rep thing has to go.

Back an topic...

I have to congratulate Kwontumn for the original question. It is brilliant that we here can all gel together to give advice from our own perspective of this issue, and reading between the lines, on also, how we each deal with this question with ourselves and others.

• Like 2