2. 2. which smartphones have you used

• iphone
    • android
    • other pda smartphone
    • do not/will not carry a smartphone
  3. 3. which cellphone do you/did you prefer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Craig

For folks in a major metropolitan area, I suppose coverage isn't an issue as most all of the major carriers are usually reliable for them. I'm not out in the woods, but I'm about 60 miles outside St. Louis, and coverage can be a little less consistent here. I understand AT&T is spotty in my area, so for that reason I didn't consider the iPhone about a year ago when I upgraded. Obviously any phone is useless without a connection.

Got the Samsung Epic and I'm really happy with it. (Can get in the chatroom here with ease when I'm out eating which is fun.) So far, so good.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have yet to own a smart phone but I have owned an iPod touch, and a Samsung galaxy player 5.0. Those two gadgets are the closes I have come to owning an iPhone or an Android phone. I think that I would have liked the Samsung more if the iPod didn't come before it. I had grown accustom to a jail-broken iPod touch and how simple and straight forward it was to use, so when I moved onto the Samsung I had to get used to the different apps and I think mine was defective because its wifi would cut out all the time.

Already answered .... but ....

The whole iPhone vs. debate ... lame. It's all personal preference, each company makes mistakes, though they are different ones, they are mistakes, and eventually they fix them. If they want a profit at least. Otherwise they die out. That's how Capitalism works.

• 5 months later...

I purchased an iPhone 4S on April 3 of this year I'm still learning how to use it and this board too so if anyone has any tricks tips or techniques please pass them along to mommy that would be great thank you

I have a pink, Hello Kitty styled Moto Razr and I just love it. It was the only smartphone I could find that was as good as my over 7 year old flip phone at making calls. I still prefer the old flip phone though...It just finally stopped ringing :(

• 3 months later...

Android all the way. I have had an android device on every major android build. I even converted my windows mobile phone to android. I have an ipod touch so know how iOS works and hate it, so closed off to the general public. Android is open and free to mod, being a computer scientist that attracts me no end

I don't do data or texts. I can receive text and if I took the time to learn, I could send them. May be other options or features that I'm not aware of and/or don't use.

Point is, at my age, I use my phone as only a phone, I call out, and if it rings, I answer, nothing else.

Many times, including earlier tonight, I'm getting sick/fed up with people that I'm trying to have a face to face conversation with having their faces buried in their 'devices' and not paying full attention to the live conversation.

I have to add that I love my Nokia Lumia 900 but am a bit annoyed that they released the Lumia 920 only about a week or so after I got the 900.

The new phone update for windows phone 7.x brings it to much the same as windows 8.x, however the hardware updates and the phone redesign of the 920 is very very nice and an improvement on the 900.

Its great for texts and emails, using ebay and socal stuff on the train.

• 5 years later...