LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

After messing my diapers, i clean-up in the shower, give everything a good wash and scrub and get out to dry myself down.

its at this stage when im drying myself that i realise my bum cheeks still smell a little bit even though its clean.

as far as i know its not noticable by anybody else and not noticable im in wearing clothes but when i touch my bum with a towel or my hands, they then smell !

ummm what im trying to say is... my bum cheeks seem to "absorb" some of the smell and i cant get rid of it! - again its only noticeable by me but i wouldnt want to run the risk of anybody else catching a whiff!

does this happen to anybody else and what, if anything can i do about it?

thanx!

It can happen if you have been in a used diaper for even a short time. I'm not as familiar as messy smells sticking with someone but the odor from having been in a wet diaper can cling to you even if you scrub down with soap and water. Skin is poreus and absorbs. That's one reason why you can rub lotian or cream onto your arms, face, etc. and it will absorb into the skin. I can't say for sure, but I would say the skin under your diaper will absorb the pee from your diaper and even though you shower and clean, the odor may come back a little if you sweat or if your pores open up and let moisture out. I would expect the same is true with a messy diaper.

Don't be so sure that the after-smells aren't noticeable by others,

I've been busted before, "Hey, you smell like Chinese food!" (oops!)

I try to use a good perineal wash (Incontinence spray?)

There is also a "Skunk Remedy" , that may be effective too, which can easily be made at home.

It's a mixture of:

Baking soda, Hydrogen peroxide and Liquid soap.

Haven't tried that yet as I live alone now and don't get too close to people at work.

Guest Wetnmessy247

The aftersmells may be a psychilogical thing, phantom smells only you can smell because you knew you pooped yourself.

But chances are high the smells are really there and others notice it.

I can't offer much in the way of advice for post-pooping cleaning since I change once a day. But hot showers get the mess off your bum and genitals. Use some air freshener sprayer to remove temportary odors.

Scented candles and incense are cool to mask poopy smells, but the best way is make sure you are really cleaned up.

And hey, if others around you sniff a poopy bum, who cares right? It's your body, do what ya want. THEY chose to go out, so your smelling isn't their problem. ;)

Clothes: regular cleaning.

Diapers: it's okay to leave two or so in a hidey hole for later removal. Just don't let the messies get too stacked up!!

Body: intense cleaning. Cologne/perfume.

NOT CHEAP COLOGNE!!!

Do not buy walmart cologne, because then you just smell like a mixture of cheap cologne and poop. NOT good. I learned my lesson years baack when I mixed cheap cologne and poopy diaper. Gagging from strangers. It's embarrasing to be in public and hear "oh gawd, heeechhhh" because of your odor. :blush:

After messing my diapers, i clean-up in the shower, give everything a good wash and scrub and get out to dry myself down.

its at this stage when im drying myself that i realise my bum cheeks still smell a little bit even though its clean.

as far as i know its not noticable by anybody else and not noticable im in wearing clothes but when i touch my bum with a towel or my hands, they then smell !

ummm what im trying to say is... my bum cheeks seem to "absorb" some of the smell and i cant get rid of it! - again its only noticeable by me but i wouldnt want to run the risk of anybody else catching a whiff!

does this happen to anybody else and what, if anything can i do about it?

thanx!

After a messy session, my bum still smells of poop even after a thorough soaping and rinsing, but I find it disappears in a few hours.

Guest Wetnmessy247

After a messy session, my bum still smells of poop even after a thorough soaping and rinsing, but I find it disappears in a few hours.

Maybe you missed some poop?

Did you use a mirror and bend over to see if you missed any up there?

It's possible.

Yes, I've down the bend over in mirror thing after a day of messyness to see if I mised any after cleaning with wipes. On the days I shower I usually use the handle and spray warm water up my bum, since warm is better at liquifying the poop.

But on the days I DON'T shower, it's the wipes and the mirror for me.

Diapering aside, it's rather cool looking aat your face by bending over and seeing it through the V angle of your open legs. It's unique perspecitve. One enhanced if you haven't started wiping the poopie yet.

your butt will smell bad no matter what you do.

Speak for yourself.

OP: This problem is more or less entirely eliminated by the use of barrier cream/ointment. If applied correctly, the feces and urine will not be absorbed by the skin in almost any fashion. In addition to reducing odor, it also prevents chafing and allows the feces/urine to be wiped away more easily with just wipes.

Eating more fiber and less red meat/fatty food will also help the problem.

• Like 1

Speak for yourself.

He's right though.

Imperfect wiping, farting, and the natural loose fecal particles that escape every so often.

If I pulled down your pants right now and sniffed your butt/hole, I bet you it would stink, as would most peoples. :P

The butt is the stinkiest part of our bodies, it's hard to keep it scentless for any period of time.

Diapering aside, it's rather cool looking aat your face by bending over and seeing it through the V angle of your open legs. It's unique perspecitve. One enhanced if you haven't started wiping the poopie yet.

LOL, yeah, I've done this. It's enjoyable. But mostly all I ever see when I view my squat is a poophole which always looks pretty clean to me. "Phantom poop stink" is how I'm beginning to think of it.

If I pulled down your pants right now and sniffed your butt/hole, I bet you it would stink, as would most peoples. :P

The butt is the stinkiest part of our bodies, it's hard to keep it scentless for any period of time.

I'm sure you would like to think that.

According to my finger though, the only lingering odor at the moment would be fresh sweat. That's after sitting in a wet diaper for about an hour even.

Really, it's not that hard to keep your butt clean. I mean, if you only use toilet paper and don't bathe everyday maybe it is. But, if you use adult washcloths/baby wipes when you clean up and wash off twice a day, you'll smell like a rose. I tend to be the sort who carries wipes around me and makes a point of proper hygiene though.

Wipe, swoosh, rub, soak, scrub....... Even the most aggressive post poop cleaning will fail to remove all the smell, prevention is better than curing a rubbed raw bum!

I've found success with what WallaWalla suggests, which is the use of barrier/nappy cream. Having pots of this about the change room also compliments the experience of nappy changes. The reason the smell lingers in one's skin is that poop contains a lot of fat and grease, which can become absorbed into dry skin. Using creams before pooping saturates the skin with oils, meaning that the fats and accompanying smells have nowhere to go except into the nappy. I have also noticed how cleanups are easier after using creams, poopies tend not to stick so keenly to the skin and wipes off more easily.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Unfortunately, when you don't have a choiceand mess most days, there is a smell that starts to hang around.

I clean as best as I can, and use anti-bacterial wash with all clothes washes, but there is still a lingering smell.

It has just become normal, as I don't think there is much more I can do.

...but wearing another diaper after having cleaned up can help containing the smell, and avoid getting your underwear smelly :P

No matter how many times I wash after a messy diaper, if I immediately switch to regular underwear, it's going to slightly smell when I take it off. Diapering up again with plenty of cream helps taking the smell away. Another trick that I surprisingly found to work quite well is using hair conditioner on the stinky area.

I'm also familiar with the problem of that lingering phantom smell. Yes, maybe we're a little sensitive and notice it more than others would, but there's no doubt that it is real. Time does remove it, minimising contact would reduce the amount of absorbed smell, but I bet those of us who save up all day for that unique warm squishy experience really don't want to change immediately, which leaves total smell removal as the best option. Like other posters, I've tried methods such as double or triple washing in the shower, long soaks in the bath, lotions, creams soaps shower gels etc and it seemed that no amount of lathering up or rubbing with flannels until raw would neutralise that telltale smell of naughtiness, I would never have tried chemical methods as also mentioned by one, that was until the experience described below.

It was after changing myself and cleaning up my change area that I discovered the smell had gone completely from my hands. I was using a chlorine based cleaning and sterilising solution similar to Milton to remove stains and smell from my PVC change mat. Obviously these cleaners aren't meant for prolonged or undiluted skin contact, I was applying small amounts neat to stains on the mat then rubbing with a wet cloth which I rinsed in a bowl of warm water. There are obvious skin contact risks with using strong cleaners such as these but I was effectively using it diluted on my hands for a short time before rinsing the cloth in the bowl and finally rinsing it and my hands under a tap. It left a mild residual smell similar to that which one would experience after using a swimming pool, which is certainly nothing like that naughty messy nappy smell. I have since tried using it to remove smell from my nappy areas at the final stage of showering, it was diluted in a cloth which I quickly rubbed around the previously poopie areas, then immediately rinsed off very thoroughly, followed finally by a moisturising baby wash. It has been effective when necessary and didn't cause any skin issues, (probably less because scrubbing with the flannel doesn't need to be so intense).

• 2 weeks later...