LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Are Some People So Mean

Kari

i guess the alternate to this could be "why are some people so sensitive"

while i agree some people intentionally say things to be mean and hurt another person, i feel often times a person will say how they feel, and another person will get upset. Person A never meant to upset Person B simply by stating their intentions but Person B is overly sensitive and almost anything could make them upset at any given time.

Many times Person A has realized that someone is always going to be upset by something they say and rather than not say anything for risk of incidentally offending that person, Person A has decided they are simply going to be themselves, and if Person B gets so upset, then Person B, being an able adult can leave the conversation.

I do not explicitly try to be mean, but i am sure simply by typing this response someone is going to be so offended and become upset.

It is in no way my fault this person becomes upset and as such its not going to bother me.

• Like 4

Why did (and who) left me a negative on this post?

Did I really deserve it for some reason unknown to me?

Or is someone just being an a$$?

• Like 3

i guess the alternate to this could be "why are some people so sensitive"...

I see your point Sarah, and it's not offensive to me.

• Like 2

I'm seriously considering shutting off the reputation system as too many people are overusing and abusing it.

GOOD idea! Why encourage by enabling those with poop for brains?

I'm sure there will be someone here who goes for a negative record.

"Nattering Nabobs of Negativity"

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I'm seriously considering shutting off the reputation system as too many people are overusing and abusing it.

I believe IPB has a quota for how much rep you give people and how much rep you give per day.

Personally, it doesn't bother me unless it's really excessive.

IMHO, I think you're presently only having abuse to other member by one person.

Most of us that may not agree, just go on to another topic.

This guy/girl is a pain in the diaper.

And you all know who I mean if you've been here awhile.

• Like 1

Kari, it is depressing to think of how mean some people can be. This has been a topic on this (and I'm sure many other sites as well) fairly often.

Some people, I think, just get a kick out of being mean - they know they're being mean and somehow they think it does something for them. That's pretty pathetic.

Some people don't even realize how mean they're being - so much a part of them, they don't see it and instead don't understand what your problem is. That's is sort of sad as well as depressing.

Others may not mean to be mean, but because there is no foolproof way of showing emotion and intent in print, it comes across that way. Again, this is pretty sad, but if we're going to use this medium we need to understand and work with the limitations as best we can. This doesn't preclude being depressed by someone who seems to be mean.

And as much as this issue has been tossed around so much, I don't think it's ever wrong to bring it up again and again. Certain people will never get it and may even be incited to more meanness, but we do get to know who they are and so can try to simply turn away from it. Even not taking it personally can lead to a certain depression, though, I agree.

As for the issue of the reputation button, I rarely use it and I don't believe I've ever used the negative rep button - though maybe I ought to once in a while (no, Goerge, wasn't me...). Usually, though, someone else has beaten me to it and most posts that deserve a negative rep response are so obviously out of whack there is no sense in piling on. YOU, Kari, certainly didn't deserve the neg response and I'm glad to see others have swung things around for you.

• Like 1

Regarding wether to keep or shut down the Rating System:

In my opinion, this is an anonymous way to approve or disapprove another's post, used by those who have the urge to voice an opinion but often have not got the courtesy to support this opinion with their "Board Face". More often than not it is a hurtful way to "Cast Stones" by those who feel they must hide behind the "wall of anonymity", which in and of itself is a cowardly act.

Moreover, the Rating System is cumulative. This has the effect of creating an artificial positive or negative esteem which has the "appearance" of reflecting the opinions of the entire DD Membership, which is likely not the case.

While I have indeed used the Rating System once in awhile, as have many of us, I have concluded over time that there is little positive value to it. I now feel that the best way to support another's opinion or voice one's approval is to take the time to courteously post either a supportive or opposing view in the form of a Post - a message intelligently written (one would hope) with my Screen Name (ergo, my reputation) attached.

If you have something to say, please have the common courtesy to back it with your screen name.

• Like 2
Guest Wetnmessy247

Reputation systems on any board aren't good ideas because, although some people use them honestly, a majority abuse them to their liking just to be annoying.

One of my favorite boards recently got rid of their rep system because too many people were negging everyone left and right just to be stupid.

• Like 1

It makes me really depressed sometimes.

Who knows. For some, the wheel is still spinning but the hampster is dead.

*hugs my +17 for dear life*

i guess the alternate to this could be "why are some people so sensitive"

while i agree some people intentionally say things to be mean and hurt another person, i feel often times a person will say how they feel, and another person will get upset. Person A never meant to upset Person B simply by stating their intentions but Person B is overly sensitive and almost anything could make them upset at any given time.

Many times Person A has realized that someone is always going to be upset by something they say and rather than not say anything for risk of incidentally offending that person, Person A has decided they are simply going to be themselves, and if Person B gets so upset, then Person B, being an able adult can leave the conversation.

I do not explicitly try to be mean, but i am sure simply by typing this response someone is going to be so offended and become upset.

It is in no way my fault this person becomes upset and as such its not going to bother me.

Who asked you boat feet girl. And to think i thought you was Hong Kong Phooey. It's not a very useful super power.

• Like 1

I remember Mike saying the rep system has something to do with post moderation. Like if you have a certain number of negative rep then your posts have to be approved by an admin before they are posted.

Though, I could be wrong. I seem to remember something like that, though.

But can i keep my +264? It makes me feel special.

Who asked you boat feet girl. And to think i thought you was Hong Kong Phooey. It's not a very useful super power.

heheheheh you're just jealous my feet let me walk on water.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry too much about what people say about you or to you here on the good ole interwebz. You need to grow a thick skin and learn to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah... I've seen some posts with excellent points wind up with multiple negative votes and figured it was just from people of differing opinion... You can't let the internet get to you, or it will do just that. Somewhere on the internet, there's folks who want to hurt your feelings and generally tear you down to make themselves feel more important or more powerful. If you don't let them get to you, you deny them that satisfaction. And yes, there also some of us who sometimes accidentally stomp on someone's sensitivities. It's usually because conversations have become emotional minefields these days... You have to be all overly PC, to avoid hurting anyone's feelings and, quite frankly, that gets tiresome... So, we speak our minds more often on the internet, because we probly won't ever have to deal with the people we're talking to online at any point IRL.