LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quitting Smoking

The Marlboro cowboy looked indeed cool when I was young. Come pentecost and I have finished the 3rd year after quitting smoking.

Good luck buddy :thumbsup:

:crybaby:

In real life the Marlboro Cowboy died of lung cancer :huh: , you wanna talk about an ominous warning??

Peace,

Vic :mellow:

• Like 1

http://gizmodo.com/5501103/this-is-the-future-of-the-fight-against-cancer

not manyy people have seen this, but its pretty intense.

hopefully sometime soon (while im still alive ;D)

you can just wake up one day, find out you have cancer, walk down to your local cvs and get some anti cancer nanobots.

that combined with the building of body organs using the organ printer, you could smoke as much as you want and stay healthy.

but back on topic.

ive only been smoking for 2 years.

so im not really ready to give it up.

i still like it. its not a hassel for me and i still get head rushes from time to time.

so :\

http://gizmodo.com/5501103/this-is-the-future-of-the-fight-against-cancer

not manyy people have seen this, but its pretty intense.

hopefully sometime soon (while im still alive ;D)

you can just wake up one day, find out you have cancer, walk down to your local cvs and get some anti cancer nanobots.

that combined with the building of body organs using the organ printer, you could smoke as much as you want and stay healthy.

but back on topic.

i still like it. its not a hassel for me and i still get head rushes from time to time.

<_<

Yeah, even after 40 years of smoking I still got a rush off the first smoke of the day, but then had to step out every hour to fix that need for nicotene. :angry:

I'm gonna come clean here, I've been keeping it up beat because I don't wanna be down, but quitting has been a bitch! Once you've beaten the addiction you have to beat your habit. My body and mind know that there was something I used to do a lot to give them a little treat, but now it's gone :ninja:

They are NOT happy, and they let me know it a lot :angry2: , they want me to get with the program and make them happy again! The thing is that I don't want to do that, and I don't want to substitute another habit for that one.

So I'm going through a nervous unhappy time here, it took my body and mind forty years to get to where they are, I don't know how long it'll take them to mellow out about the change. I'm determined to outlast the uneasyness though, and no, I'm not yelling at others (though I am sometimes tempted). :(

I'm gonna make it, I want to be free of this horrible addiction! ;)

Peace,

Vic B)

• Like 1

<_<

Yeah, even after 40 years of smoking I still got a rush off the first smoke of the day, but then had to step out every hour to fix that need for nicotene. :angry:

I'm gonna come clean here, I've been keeping it up beat because I don't wanna be down, but quitting has been a bitch! Once you've beaten the addiction you have to beat your habit. My body and mind know that there was something I used to do a lot to give them a little treat, but now it's gone :ninja:

They are NOT happy, and they let me know it a lot :angry2: , they want me to get with the program and make them happy again! The thing is that I don't want to do that, and I don't want to substitute another habit for that one.

So I'm going through a nervous unhappy time here, it took my body and mind forty years to get to where they are, I don't know how long it'll take them to mellow out about the change. I'm determined to outlast the uneasyness though, and no, I'm not yelling at others (though I am sometimes tempted). :(

I'm gonna make it, I want to be free of this horrible addiction! ;)

Peace,

Vic B)

Oh vic i have been wanting to say something allmost along the same lines as those for years.Thanks

• Like 1

:angel_not:

Day twelve, and it feels a little better, (not quite as irritateted), :whistling: but I know why they make such a big deal out of quitting smoking!

It's harder than quitting drugs or alcohol, but in the end I know it's going to be worth it :thumbsup: . I've come too far to give up now, and I do feel like it's getting better, so I'm keepin up the good fight :boxing: .

All I can say to those who are thinking of quitting is, yes it's hard, but it does get better. If you really want to you can do it!

Just remember DON'T CHEAT!! I know how easy it would be for me to bum a smoke and cheat, but once I did that I'd be three times more likely to do it again, and to go from there back into a pack a day habit. :drive1:

Since I truly want to be a non-smoker I'd have to quit and go through all of this again! I've come too far to allow it to beat me down, not when it's starting to get a little better!!

I can see my goal from here, I'm not there yet, but I'm gonna make it, from here I can tell that it's going to be easier. If you've only smoked for a couple of years QUIT NOW, because there IS going to be a time when YOU WANT to quit, but it seems too hard to do it.

I've been there for the last few years, now I'm doing something about it. Every year you put it off just makes it that much harder. Habits grow over time and repittition.

If you've already quit DRIVE ON!! :biker_h4h: YOU'LL GET THERE!!

Peace,

Vic :D

• Like 2

Hey Vic, good work so far!

So you haven't smoked for almost two weeks now - what healthy habits have you 'started' since then? I think it's usually easiest to burn the candle at both ends so I was just wondering if you started something new to improve your life in place of smoking - exercising? more fruit?

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the encouragement Bobby, I'm on day 13 now and things are getting easier. As far as starting "new" habits goes I've really been busy getting over old habits.

My life started out rocky, much like a lot of the people who post on this board, so I turned to drugs and alcohol at an early age.

Not saying my life was all bad, I've done some positive things in my life (like serving 6 years in the army), and other things that I've done that weren't all bad.

But it did take me time to finally get over the abuse and negative image I had of myself. I've done some bad things too (even spent a little time in prison), but in my life I was my own worst enemy, so I didn't hurt a lot of people like some folks do.

I finally have found AA and it's spiritual program, and have been attending meetings as often as I can. This has been my positive "new" habit, I have found a way to live that makes sense to me.

On the 18th of next month I'll have enjoyed 6 months of sobriety, and I can't tell you how good that feels.

It changed my life enough to make me WANT to quit smoking, where the existance I had before I figured the sooner I died the better. I have a life now, and I want to LIVE it! :angel_not:

Peace,

Vic :D

but back on topic.

• Like 1

:thumbsup:

Way to go!! Once you've fought through the first three days you're half way home :boxing: . After that it's just beating the habit of smoking when you first get up, have your coffee, after a meal, etc, ect. Just remember that you WANT TO QUIT and you won't drive it off into the ditch :drive1: .

When the desire to have a smoke pops into your head ignore it and then replace it with another more positive thought, because if you keep thinking ab out smoking you'll drive yourself nuts :screwy: .

Good luck, and may God bless you and make this easier for you!

Peace,

Vic :)

Well day 8.Think this is the longest i have gone without one.Craving only comes on about once aday now.I have gone this long now and i have allways said if i got past 5 days id never smoke again and as God as my witness i never will tuch anouther as long as i live.And to all you youngsters out there that have only been smoking a short time,STOP NOW.

:Crylol:

YEEEHAWW!! IT'S TWO WEEKS TODAY!!! Two weeks without that nasty habit running my life! I haven't had to go stand out in the rain so I could be miserable as I hurt my lungs and paid through the nose to do it as well. :angry2:

I never smoked the discount brands, it was camels or nothing. I figured since I was paying for lung cancer I might as well pay for the best lung cancer, now they can go peddle their fish somewhere else cause I'm never giving them another dime!! :roflmao:

True two weeks is just a start, it ain't two years, or even two months, but two weeks is a damn good start for me. I'm jazzed, cause there were times I was just hanging on, but now I'm feeling pretty good. :thumbsup:

I've talked to those who have years behind them, and they tell me that even years down the road there will be times you are sorely tempted, but they have assured me that the longer you go, the easier it is. Plus I know that it is really, really worth it! :lol:

So to those like Wayne that are fighting the good fight right now, DON'T GIVE UP, and NEVER GIVE IN!! :boxing: You'll beat this beast too! Grab it by the back of it's neck and put your boot to it's ass ninja style :ninja: .

I'm breathing in free air today, the air of true freedom! I'll never be a slave to the nicotine fits again!! :D

Peace,

Vic B)

its been 29 1/2 hours for me without a cigarette. I will say right up front i dont want to quit, i enjoy smoking, the taste of it, having one right after a meal, or sitting at the bar with a beer and friends having a smoke, i enjoy it... however, i am having oral surgery tomorrow, all four wisdom teeth removed and cannot smoke for at least two weeks after.

Yesterday (monday) i had a cleaning done on my teeth and as my surgery is two days after, i stopped smoking to prevent any residue from the smoke to be in my mouth and risk an infection. So i have to go at least 12 more days or so without smoking.

I am not sure if i will use this to completely quit or not, i figure i'll see where i am in two weeks.

• Like 1

:biker_h4h:

Well it's day fifteen and I'm still driving on! It's getting better every day now, You make your own choices Sarah, Wayne, if you're still smoke free, good job.

All I know is that after forty years it's good to have my life back. I now go outside when I want to, and spend money on things I WANT to buy, instead of NEEDING to buy them. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Vic B)

• Like 1

I am Vic.And for the first time in over 20 years every breath i take is a deep breath.IT FEELS GREAT!!!!!.Even though it's onley been 10 days im NEVER going back to smoking.Cant wait till this sumer when i go swiming and can swim like i did when i was younger.

its been 29 1/2 hours for me without a cigarette. I will say right up front i dont want to quit, i enjoy smoking, the taste of it, having one right after a meal, or sitting at the bar with a beer and friends having a smoke, i enjoy it... however, i am having oral surgery tomorrow, all four wisdom teeth removed and cannot smoke for at least two weeks after.

Yesterday (monday) i had a cleaning done on my teeth and as my surgery is two days after, i stopped smoking to prevent any residue from the smoke to be in my mouth and risk an infection. So i have to go at least 12 more days or so without smoking.

I am not sure if i will use this to completely quit or not, i figure i'll see where i am in two weeks.

I enjoyed smoking to Sarha but,as i got older it got harder to take the breaths i did at your age.That is the thing Sarha the older you get the harder it will be to breath.So its up to you if you want to be able breath as good at 57 as you do at 26.
  • Like 1

:D:thumbsup:

Way to go Wayne! In a couple of more days it'll start getting even easier. For the first couple of months though you might feel some crap in your chest, that's just all that crap from smoking breaking up, you may even cough some of this crap up and out. :huh::huh:

Don't worry, from what I've heard it's normal and will be done in a couple of months, and that's when your breathing will really start to get better! :lol:

So if it's better now it will really be better in a couple more months! (bonus!!) :D

Keep on truckin' (as we used to say back in the day)! :biker_h4h:

Peace,

Vic B)

I know I need to quit, I tried many times and fail. Your Post is starting to make me rethink the effort again. I hate coughing all the time. If I roll over at night I constantly cough so much that I have to gasp to catch my breath. Not exactly what it used to be. Until a few months ago this didn't happen. My Doctor said it finally caught up with me.

No matter how hard I tell myself to quit I always roll one up right away in the morning. Yeah I switched over to making my own at $1.20 a pack. I was a Camel Menthol smoker. They say Menthol cigs are twice as bad and twice as hard to kick. I just gotta take the plunge and do the deed. Best of luck to you gang that are quitting.

I know I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but if you smoke QUIT now! In a few years it will make your whole life hell. And worse yet I bite my nails TOO! :whistling:

• Like 1

:mellow:

Hey repaid, I ain't gonna kid ya, it's a ring tailed BITCH :angry2: ! But you can do it. I didn't make this decision overnight.

For months now I've been telling myself how sick I was of smoking, thinking about all the money I've wasted, and what I've been doing to my body. :ninja:

I've really thought about this HARD!! I've been putting myself in the frame of mind that I HATE BEING A SMOKER!! I did this to give myself a fighting chance :boxing: .

I have made it through the worst of it, the first three days are possibly the worst, but for the first 12 days it was a struggle, then it started getting easier, I won't kid you, the body and mind are used to getting their little "treat" about every hour for me, and when they didn't get it they let me know, but I wasn't going to let them do the driving :drive1: ,or I wouldn't have made it.

You just change direction, or think of something else at those times or it'll drive you nuts :screwy: , But now that I've made it this far I can say that it's definitely worth it.

If you want it bad enough, you can make it. I wish you well, and hope for the best in your case. I watched my Grandfather die of emphazema, it ain't a good way to go.

Peace,

Vic B)

Congratulations to everyone for everyday that they are free of nicotine! The money you save is better spent on diapers, right? :thumbsup:

Good on 'ye, valiant soldier! You've done what I've been yearning to do for over five years.

Quitting is just no damn fun. Period. It takes some extraordinary willpower to kick these acursed things. I've certainly given it a go a good number of times, but I always manage to slip back into the habit after only a few days. The biggest reason is probably the absence of a real "plan" for quitting. Most of my efforts have been spur-of-the-moment, so I never set a clear deadline or series of goals to achieve. I'd wager it's much easier to follow through when you have a clear agenda, timeline, and system of self-rewards for meeting certain milestones. Maybe one of these days soon I'll finally get off my well-padded bum and draw myself up a Quitters Contract.

Any certified notaries out there? :P

well i am lucky, yesterday (tuesday) was my first full day without a cigarette.... i my last cigarette was 10 15 am on monday morning.

anyway tuesday was a bit hard, especially right after meals (as i would always have a cigarette right after i eat)... when i got in the car in the mroning and the evening cause again, first thing i would do when i got in the car was have a smoke... and on my work breaks and between classes,.....

but i have great co-workers who did a very great job keeping me busy talking about things and such to kjeep my mind off of it while i was at work, and my boyfriend, who does smoke, didn't smoke at all around me. I'm not going to make him quit as it is his choice, but its so nice that on his own he has stopped smoking around me, and even pouts his cigarettes in his pocket so i can't see them.

for the next 2-3 dayss i'm; stuck in bed because i just had all four of my wisdom teeth out, so being on the painkillers and not wanting to do much movement and doing a lot of sleeping is going to help with that craving as well.

actually for me, i dont smoke at home, only when out in the car or at school/work/bar etc... so by being forced to stay home these few days i'm hoping i can work on the phjysical addiction and spend some time strategizing about what i'm going to do when the psychological addict kicks in..

one good thing is i dont have a car, so once i'm at school/work i have no way to get a pack of cigarettes.... and while yes i COULD bum one off of someone, there are not a lot of smokers at my school... so i just have to keep not buying a pack, or bumming any, and find other things to do... that dont involve eating nonstop!

i did notice on tuesday i was always thinking 'oh well then i should just have something to eat'...

• Like 2

well i am lucky, yesterday (tuesday) was my first full day without a cigarette.... i my last cigarette was 10 15 am on monday morning.

anyway tuesday was a bit hard, especially right after meals (as i would always have a cigarette right after i eat)... when i got in the car in the mroning and the evening cause again, first thing i would do when i got in the car was have a smoke... and on my work breaks and between classes,.....

but i have great co-workers who did a very great job keeping me busy talking about things and such to kjeep my mind off of it while i was at work, and my boyfriend, who does smoke, didn't smoke at all around me. I'm not going to make him quit as it is his choice, but its so nice that on his own he has stopped smoking around me, and even pouts his cigarettes in his pocket so i can't see them.

for the next 2-3 dayss i'm; stuck in bed because i just had all four of my wisdom teeth out, so being on the painkillers and not wanting to do much movement and doing a lot of sleeping is going to help with that craving as well.

actually for me, i dont smoke at home, only when out in the car or at school/work/bar etc... so by being forced to stay home these few days i'm hoping i can work on the phjysical addiction and spend some time strategizing about what i'm going to do when the psychological addict kicks in..

one good thing is i dont have a car, so once i'm at school/work i have no way to get a pack of cigarettes.... and while yes i COULD bum one off of someone, there are not a lot of smokers at my school... so i just have to keep not buying a pack, or bumming any, and find other things to do... that dont involve eating nonstop!

i did notice on tuesday i was always thinking 'oh well then i should just have something to eat'...

Verey good Sarah.It will only take a few days to start to reverse the damage thats been done to both your lungs and physk.but your young enough Sarha to do it.